hibs.net Messageboard

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    First Team Breakthrough swazzie's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 2468 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I was recollecting that earlier today. It was kicked at the disabled supporters in the front row of the West stand because one of them had earlier taken the p*** by not giving him the ball back.
    Yeah I thought I remembered that too. We must be wrong though because only Rangers players don't get booked for that, not Celtic players

Quote Originally Posted by JackRegan View Post
    He never booked Milelr who booted the ball into the crowd after he scored - O'Dea got booked for kciking a tehball inteh net after McGeady scored ta pittodrie last season
    (very bad typing here, you can feel the anger)

However, if we are right, that's one decision that went against us v Celtic. 39 more and we've got ourselves a rock solid conspiracy theory

Celtic, following on from a dreadful catalogue that benefited Rangers last season ( I can list them again if you wish - there is 40 in total)

I think he's being serious too You couldn't make it up

Take some responsibility and look inwards for once. There were 4 big decisions in the game, Stokes, McCulloch, penalty and Samaras. Celtic got the benefit of 2, Rangers got the benefit of 2. Celtic lost because Rangers were better on the day, and it pains me to give them any credit because I dislike them as much as I dislike Celtic

2. Log in to remove the advert

I pity whoever plays Celtc this weekend, you just know whats going to happen

More pressure on the ref resulting in whoever he is not having the guts to do his job properly because of what might happen if a big decision (even a correct one) goes against the poor wee souls - kids bullied, job on the line, death threats etc. It makes me sick and I am no fan of referees.

This is an utter disgrace.

So in the last week, Celtic and their fans have destroyed one mans career and are now making death threats to another man.

Does their club condemn them? Does their club appeal for calm? Course not, they stoke the flames.

If Old Firm fans can't attend a bloody GAME of football without resorting to trying to destroy any official who dares go against them then they should be forced to play behind closed doors until they do. Not forgetting the never ending torrent of sectarian bile they usually vomit up either, or the hypocrisy of them complaining about bias!

Will it happen? Course not. Will any Old Firm manager be strung up for whipping their moronic fan base up? Hell no, they'll wait till someone low down the league makes a quip about a ref and punish him instead.

Yet another chapter of utter disgrace in the story of the Old Firm, the SFA and the SPL. Vile, detestable, spineless, moronic thugs. Delete as appropriate.

Was the original post not about Willie Collum!?!?!?!

@hibs.net private member
    Who was the ref they followed determined to gather evidence that he was a mason? This was sanctioned by the club was it not?

Left by mutual consent! Ed De Gramo's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Gramo
    Can't we punt the plastic along with Corrie Greens and the BITC? Would make this place a lot more respectable

johnbc70
    Left by mutual consent!
    The common denominator when its refs and officials and players getting death threats to them and their families is 99% of the time Celtic and Rangers. What do the SFA do about it, that's right Sweet ****** All.

Any decent club would come out and say enough is enough and tell their fans to stop threatening officials with death and harm to their families.

@hibs.net private member CraigHibee's Avatar
    lennon is a sour faced ginger fud!

he started all this guff before the game on sunday by blabbing crap in the paper, lennon to me is a wee man under an immense amount of pressure and is like a wounded animal lashing out at who he can and is taking it out on the refs.

its great to see correct disicions going against the old firm and its long overdue! just wish the old firm would sod off and stew in their own sectarian bile!

Testimonial Due The Harp Awakes's Avatar
    I think you'll find it was the fact that Dallas and possibly Dougie mcDonald (who I hear is to be downgraded) shafted him and tried to scapegoat him for the debacle at Tannadice (for that is what it was), that made him resign.

Lennon also never blamed Collum for Sunday's result, if you saw his press ocnference you woudl see this, but he rightly said, as would any other manager that he felt it was not a penalty, he was also right tos peak out about what happened at tannadice.

Neil lennon, made no reference, critical or otherwise to Craven and no Celtic fans have done likewise. McDonald changed his mind because one of two things happened. Everyone knows that Craven was being used as a patsy, FFS even the huns on Follow Follow are saying this!!

1.) He got the wire from the 4th official who saw it on TV - against the rules or;
    2.) he caved in to the United players and ran to the linesman (who had, by running to where he did agreed with the decision) the linesman, contrary to what some in the printed media wrote, never raised his flag.

Celtic only acted on this when Dallas went on Radio Clyde and said Neil Lennon accepted that the referee got the decision right. When, even according to that well known Celtic man, Craig Brown that even if the player takes the ball, the new laws state that it is still a foul. (Craig Brown said this on Saturday)

What DOES put pressure on referees is when correct decisions (like Celtic's first two goals against Hearts) are discussed for days on end, or when the press cirlce the wagons for Rangers and do their bidding - remember the furore they created when Mendes was rightfully sent off at Kilmarnock? Then when we present a a catalogue of factual evidence we are paranoid.

what also does not help is when papers printed two years ago the fact that Collum(who I rate as a ref BTW) is an RE teacher at an RC school (following a gripe the huns had about him). It also does not help when ****bag, gutter hacks, on the day of the game refer to him as "Scotland's most prominent Catholic referee". Why in gods name is that important?

Celtic, following on from a dreadful catalogue that benefited Rangers last season ( I can list them again if you wish - there is 40 in total) added to the shocking decision by Collum are quite entitled to take umbrage with the standard of refereeing. It Smith's last season and Rangers are skint, the establishment is helping out the establishment club (their description BTW, not mine).

can someone tell me the last time a big decision went against them and cost them a game? I've asked this on here before and never got an answer, not one.Walter Smith does this often enough, yet the press love this guy - in fact they are terrified of him. But when Nosurname does it he's "sly old fox Walter". When ALex Ferguson does it he's "Master of Mind Games"

Neil Lennon? He's a tim who should know his place and who' deserves a kicking (remember how the Sun and Real Radio reported his assualt?) for being a fenian in a built up area.

The answer?

1.) Foreign refs for Old Frim games, or even games invloving the Old Firm.
    2.) Dallas has got to go, he is covering something up here.
    3.) Only the club captain can remonstrate with the ref.
    4.) Allow TV evidence - if egg chasers can manage this then so can we.
    5.) Identity of the Ref kept from the public until match day.
    Jack, I think Celtic FC would get some credit here if they condemned the morons who have issued threats. I also agree with other posters who have claimed that Celtic have been very poor winners and losers over the years - that has certainly been my experience following Hibs since 1973.

Having said that, I do agree with your point about Rangers being the main benefactors of refereeing decisions. This has gone on for decades and I reckon the only reason they get away with it is due to the predominantly Rangers minded media who turn a blind eye to it.

I also think your idea of foreign referees is a good one but I wouldn't restrict this to OF games. I think the standard of Scottish refereeing is shocking and our game would only improve by using foreign refs IMO.

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: sjmcg1304
    Absolutely shocking that Collum has received death threats, but I think the focus on Lennon is a little OTT.

If it were to happen to Hibs, we would be wanting our board to write to the SFA asking for an explanation into the rather blatant decisions. I don't think there's a single manager out there who wouldn't feel a little bit aggrieved.

Secondly, Lennon isn't "coming out and whinging" about the decisions - he's been asked questions by a pack of bloodthirsty media, desperate to spin a story into something much grander than it actually is.

The fact that so many people are using the Samaras, Stokes and first McCulloch yellow aren't evidence to the contrary of anything - they're just further evidence that Collum didn't have a good game on Sunday, as all were pretty obvious decisions IMO - still not warranting the receipt of death threats mind you.

I dislike Lennon (in the ol' panto villain role) as much as the next guy, but he's taking some amount of unfair battering for answering honestly, questions which are being posed to him.
    Madness, as you know, is a lot like gravity. All it takes is a little push.

First Team Breakthrough HibeePaj's Avatar

Death threats to Willie Collum's home.

Death threats to Willie Collum's home..

this is a disgrace, and i hope these 'football fans' are found, named, shamed and dealt with appropriately ( although sadly that will not be the case). This comes in the same week that Stephen Craven has RESIGNED over the matters involving the penalty last week at tannadice. It is a sad state of affairs that the officials in the scottish game are being driven out by sick yobs forgetting the important things in life.

Willie Collum had a GOOD game on sunday and made one mistake (albeit a penalty decision). If a player DIVES the referee isn't necessarily going to see it that way. the player dived hoping to 'trick' the ref , and that is exactly what he managed to do.

WHERE IS KIRK BROADFOOT? surely this cretin has to come forward and make an apology, not necesarily to Celtic fans, but i think a public apology to the referee and his officials.

I hope that broadfoot is wriggling in a sense of guilt and remorse after his actions has seen death threats land at willie collums door.

This story makes me feel sick, its very difficult to have any pride in the scottish game at the minute due to bullying of the referees, not only by fans but by the managers.

EMBARASSING

It is differant rules for the old-firm, when Boyd hit wee Zouma with a forearm smash right in front of the ref at Ibrox, a straight red. No only obstuction says he?. He maybe did not fancy a visit from Weatherseal, its becoming more farcical every year.

Quote Originally Posted by FalkirkHibee View Post
    Sky Sports News reporting that Willie Collum has received threatening phone calls on the back of the Old Firm game at the weekend.

The Greatest Fans In The World, right enough...
    Sour grapes Neil Lennon should get a massive fine from the sfa for instigating this, as its bang out of order. I watched the game and Rangers were a cut above but lets blame the ref

Neil Lennon was a complete c### as a player and the same as a manager

Was p#ssing my sides watching that little fud on the sideline and knew he was going to blame the ref at the end of the game.

Take the green celtic tinted glasses of you ginger fud

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: sjmcg1304
    Quote Originally Posted by HibeePaj View Post

this is a disgrace, and i hope these 'football fans' are found, named, shamed and dealt with appropriately ( although sadly that will not be the case). This comes in the same week that Stephen Craven has RESIGNED over the matters involving the penalty last week at tannadice. It is a sad state of affairs that the officials in the scottish game are being driven out by sick yobs forgetting the important things in life.

Willie Collum had a GOOD game on sunday and made one mistake (albeit a penalty decision). If a player DIVES the referee isn't necessarily going to see it that way. the player dived hoping to 'trick' the ref , and that is exactly what he managed to do.

WHERE IS KIRK BROADFOOT? surely this cretin has to come forward and make an apology, not necesarily to Celtic fans, but i think a public apology to the referee and his officials.

I hope that broadfoot is wriggling in a sense of guilt and remorse after his actions has seen death threats land at willie collums door.

This story makes me feel sick, its very difficult to have any pride in the scottish game at the minute due to bullying of the referees, not only by fans but by the managers.

EMBARASSING

EMBARASSING
    Almost as embarrassing as copying and pasting a response
    Madness, as you know, is a lot like gravity. All it takes is a little push.

@hibs.net private member Part/Time Supporter's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by The Story So Far... View Post
    Absolutely shocking that Collum has received death threats, but I think the focus on Lennon is a little OTT.

If it were to happen to Hibs, we would be wanting our board to write to the SFA asking for an explanation into the rather blatant decisions. I don't think there's a single manager out there who wouldn't feel a little bit aggrieved.

Secondly, Lennon isn't "coming out and whinging" about the decisions - he's been asked questions by a pack of bloodthirsty media, desperate to spin a story into something much grander than it actually is.

The fact that so many people are using the Samaras, Stokes and first McCulloch yellow aren't evidence to the contrary of anything - they're just further evidence that Collum didn't have a good game on Sunday, as all were pretty obvious decisions IMO - still not warranting the receipt of death threats mind you.

I dislike Lennon (in the ol' panto villain role) as much as the next guy, but he's taking some amount of unfair battering for answering honestly, questions which are being posed to him.
    Lennon was initially asked post-match whether he thought it was a penalty. He chose to focus on the referee rather than any of the players involved, particularly Majstorovic and Broadfoot.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaiser1962 View Post
    Who was the ref they followed determined to gather evidence that he was a mason? This was sanctioned by the club was it not?
    The ref was Jim mcCluskey, an orangeman, who was done for D&D at an Orange Walk in Kilmarnock.

The Private Eye was hired by the Celtic Supporters Association and was not sanctioned by the club in anyway.

To be fair to mccluskey he actually attended an interview with Not the View where, after he had retired he apologised about some of his dodgy decisions.

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: franck sauzee
    The ref was Jim mcCluskey, an orangeman, who was done for D&D at an Orange Walk in Kilmarnock.

The Private Eye was hired by the Celtic Supporters Association and was not sanctioned by the club in anyway.

To be fair to mccluskey he actually attended an interview with Not the View where, after he had retired he apologised about some of his dodgy decisions.
    Do we know if any rangers fans sent him threatening letters our made threatening phone calls for making this apology, or are rangers fans above that level?

@hibs.net private member
    Have Celtic ever lost a match without being cheated?

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve20 View Post
    Have Celtic ever lost a match without being cheated?
    Nope, it would be 122 in a row if it wasn't for those pesky refs/masons/orangemen/SFA.

Unbelievably tiresome the way they go on isn't it?

Quote Originally Posted by matty_fairnie View Post
    Do we know if any rangers fans sent him threatening letters our made threatening phone calls for making this apology, or are rangers fans above that level?
    Rangers would need to feel aggrived at referees in the first instance.

If you can give me an instance where referees cost them the game then feel free.

Although I notice on here, people are buying the tabloid line that Lennon is to blame for this. Lennon was asked questions on referees and their decisions and he answered then honestly.

what he said was no worse that what any other manager has said when aggrived at decisions - even when TV shows teh ref to be right and the managers complaints to be unfounded - witness Jim Jeffires.

As for the "death threats" I'm not convinced at their authenticity or veracity.

Threats is one thinsg , un provoked actual attacks such as those on Lennon, Darren O'Dea and McGeady are another.

Quote Originally Posted by The Harp Awakes View Post
    Jack, I think Celtic FC would get some credit here if they condemned the morons who have issued threats. I also agree with other posters who have claimed that Celtic have been very poor winners and losers over the years - that has certainly been my experience following Hibs since 1973.

Having said that, I do agree with your point about Rangers being the main benefactors of refereeing decisions. This has gone on for decades and I reckon the only reason they get away with it is due to the predominantly Rangers minded media who turn a blind eye to it.

I also think your idea of foreign referees is a good one but I wouldn't restrict this to OF games. I think the standard of Scottish refereeing is shocking and our game would only improve by using foreign refs IMO.
    good post. Cheers.

I would say we are better losers than winners actually. We are bad winners for sure, but okay losers compared to some i could mention.

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Rangers would need to feel aggrived at referees in the first instance.

If you can give me an instance where referees cost them the game then feel free.

Although I notice on here, people are buying the tabloid line that Lennon is to blame for this. Lennon was asked questions on referees and their decisions and he answered then honestly.

what he said was no worse that what any other manager has said when aggrived at decisions - even when TV shows teh ref to be right and the managers complaints to be unfounded - witness Jim Jeffires.

As for the "death threats" I'm not convinced at their authenticity or veracity.

Threats is one thinsg , un provoked actual attacks such as those on Lennon, Darren O'Dea and McGeady are another.
    jack, unless rangers are playing hibs I pay no attention to their games, other than the odd old firm game, same with every other spl side, therefore I don't have enough examples of any of their decisions to give you.

Good now that the threats appear to have been made up, would that have been done just to show up the nasty catholics?

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Eh? PSN ID: No comprendo, senor. Wii Code: What's a Wii?

EMBARASSING

I disagree with you in one thing - from all I've seen in the replays, the penalty decision was a good one. There was illegal contact inside the 18-yard box, and whether Broadfoot 'made a meal of it' or not, the decision was the right one.

I consider that Willie Collum refereed the game well and fairly, and only the perpetually paranoid Greatest Football Fans In The Whole Wide World and the perennially irresponsible and partisan Scottish football media could turn this into the circus it's become.

Nor do I consider, as some here do, that Rangers get more benefit from biased referees than Celtic. Officials, managers, players and fans of Celtic FC have peddled this myth over all the years I've watched football. It's their way of putting pressure on referees and assistants to ensure that Celtic get much more than their fair share of 'debatable' decisions given in THEIR favour. I'm not sure whether the deliberate cheating or the hypocrisy stinks worse.

IMO a referee CAN be influenced by the crowd's reaction to an incident - if a tackle is followed by a roar from one section of the crowd, he MAY be more likely to see that challenge as illegal than if there had been little or no reaction. And clearly some referees and assistants wrongly carry their club allegiances into matches when they should leave them at home.

But that one referee should have been hounded out of the game by threats of violence from criminals who support Celtic, and another now being threatened by another bunch of criminals supporting the same club, all to a background of silence and non-condemnation from the club itself, tells us ALL we need to know about the club and a fair-sized section of its support.

Whatever their apologists may try to say, right now we're talking about Celtic and THEIR support, not Rangers and theirs. I'm sure that next time the Rangers club and support offend (and I really don't think it'll be long before they do), we'll be on here discussing THAT.

But right now it's Celtic who are out of line, and badly.

@hibs.net private member Aubenas's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    This is not just about Lennon - who is just doing what he's been taught by other managers.
    As I previously posted:
    unless managers punish players for disputing decisions instead of encouraging them to do so
    unless managers refuse to comment when asked provocative questions by gutter journalists
    unless the SFA punish all mangers and players who have a go at refs

this will get worse.

The rules of the game (and indeed all games) say the referee's decision is final.How thick do you have to be not to understand that?

Or is it a handy way of deflecting criticism and an easy way of sooking up to the fans?

And, as for the threats, my information is that they are a fact, and I am in a position to know.
    Philly McGuinness, Leitrim GAA, died playing in a club match for Mohill. He epitomised all that is best about sport, making a 6 hour round trip to training three times a week from his workplace in Mayo, and was never late. His motto was 'Give it all, or give nothing'. One for all sportsmen to consider.

Quote Originally Posted by Doddie View Post
    I disagree with you in one thing - from all I've seen in the replays, the penalty decision was a good one. There was illegal contact inside the 18-yard box, and whether Broadfoot 'made a meal of it' or not, the decision was the right one.

I consider that Willie Collum refereed the game well and fairly, and only the perpetually paranoid Greatest Football Fans In The Whole Wide World and the perennially irresponsible and partisan Scottish football media could turn this into the circus it's become.

Nor do I consider, as some here do, that Rangers get more benefit from biased referees than Celtic. Officials, managers, players and fans of Celtic FC have peddled this myth over all the years I've watched football. It's their way of putting pressure on referees and assistants to ensure that Celtic get much more than their fair share of 'debatable' decisions given in THEIR favour. I'm not sure whether the deliberate cheating or the hypocrisy stinks worse.

IMO a referee CAN be influenced by the crowd's reaction to an incident - if a tackle is followed by a roar from one section of the crowd, he MAY be more likely to see that challenge as illegal than if there had been little or no reaction. And clearly some referees and assistants wrongly carry their club allegiances into matches when they should leave them at home.

But that one referee should have been hounded out of the game by threats of violence from criminals who support Celtic, and another now being threatened by another bunch of criminals supporting the same club, all to a background of silence and non-condemnation from the club itself, tells us ALL we need to know about the club and a fair-sized section of its support.

Whatever their apologists may try to say, right now we're talking about Celtic and THEIR support, not Rangers and theirs. I'm sure that next time the Rangers club and support offend (and I really don't think it'll be long before they do), we'll be on here discussing THAT.

But right now it's Celtic who are out of line, and badly.
    Doddie, If you read my post, you would see that it was not celtic nor Celtic Fans who have forced Steven Craven to retire.

even the huns on FF are saying this.

The club are perfectly entitled to question poor refereeing and Neil Lennon has said nothing that other managers have not said countless other times.

jack, unless rangers are playing hibs I pay no attention to their games, other than the odd old firm game, same with every other spl side, therefore I don't have enough examples of any of their decisions to give you.

Good now that the threats appear to have been made up, would that have been done just to show up the nasty catholics?
    Why mention "catholics"?????

I would say it provides a convenient issue on which to deflect things and turn the heat towrds Lennon.

The tablod media have already laid the blame at his door. Yet he said nothing contentious at all in the circumstances.

I would say it provides a convenient issue on which to deflect things and turn the heat towrds Lennon.

The tablod media have already laid the blame at his door. Yet he said nothing contentious at all in the circumstances.
    Why did he feel the need to put pressure on the ref before the game? Why diid he say pre-season that he wanted his players hounding the referee if decisions went against them? Part of his game plan was to pressurise refs all season. He can't shrug his shoulders now and say 'it wisna me.' Are you seriously suggesting Lennon is totally innocent here? Why didn't he just keep his mouth shut about what the ref should or shouldn't do beforehand. Surely it goes without saying that managers hope the ref has a good game. (He is doing a great job of deflecting attention from his own inability to win the games that matter though isn't he?)
    Every gimmick hungry yob,
    Digging gold from rock and roll
    Grabs the mic to tell us,
    He'll die before he's sold.

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

tablod media have already laid the blame at his door. Yet he said nothing contentious at all in the circumstances.
    I mentioned catholics as you've heavily suggested throughout the thread that being catholic is the reason for the perceived persecution.

Quote Originally Posted by marinello59 View Post
    Why did he feel the need to put pressure on the ref before the game? Why diid he say pre-season that he wanted his players hounding the referee if decisions went against them? Part of his game plan was to pressurise refs all season. He can't shrug his shoulders now and say 'it wisna me.' Are you seriously suggesting Lennon is totally innocent here? Why didn't he just keep his mouth shut about what the ref should or shouldn't do beforehand. Surely it goes without saying that managers hope the ref has a good game. (He is doing a great job of deflecting attention from his own inability to win the games that matter though isn't he?)
    He never. He was asked a question about the referee which he answered and, given the contentious nature of the refereeing Celtic witnessed in this fixture last season, he was perfectly entitled to take the line he did.

He said what any other manager would have said and have said, frequently, under those circumstances.

Under no circumstances can Lennon be blamed for the alleged death threats on Collum.

I'll ask again, who put him under more pressure, Lennon or Hugh Keevins who made a point of referring to Collum as "Scotland's most high Profile Roman Catholic referee" or when the Sun mention what school he worked at in 2008?

I mentioned catholics as you've heavily suggested throughout the thread that being catholic is the reason for the perceived persecution.
    I have not. My only mention of this was to point out that an irresponsible journalist printed Collum's faith

but to suggest that Celtic (fans, clubs, management etc) are not disliked by some because of this is simply untrue.