hibs.net Messageboard

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Facebook...

@hibs.net private member McSwanky's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bandylegs_jLeighton View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I hate facebook.

Anti social and creepy.

Why should my face be plastered all over the Internet in photos from personal events or wild nights so Plooky Stacey - who happened to be in my Art class at school 10 years ago - can cast her bug eyes all over them?

...and that's without me even having an account.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Alternatively, you may choose not to put any photos on, and you may choose not to become friends with 'Plooky Stacey' in the first place.

...and that's with me having an account and just a tad more than a handful of friends.

Sent from my 5 year old laptop using two index fingers

2. Log in to remove the advert

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by 65bd View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Aye me too. Life is too complicated already.

Life's too short to listen to other people moan about trivial pish.

I can relate to a lot of comments on this thread. As I've lived all over the place, I initially found it a useful tool to keep in touch with people. But now I very rarely look at it.

The problem is that everyone is on it, wives, ex's, kids, mothers, boozy mates, snobby co-workers, clients etc and therefore everybody tries to sound the bland psuedo cool way of the youth television presenter. Also you get all those clinically depressed people on there telling you that they are so happy and have such wonderful lives.

I used to check it daily, then it was weekly, then monthly. Now I haven't looked at it for about three months so it's just dying a natural death. My mistake probably was not wanting to offend anyone and accepting friend requests from people who quickly remind you of why you avoided them in the first place.

I find it pretty helpful for keeping up with people and communicating en masse; asking if anyone wants a lift to a game etc in one go rather than texting around. Certainly don't bother with the games and all that but I've got a Facebook app on my phone so it's natural to check it whenever I get a notification.

@hibs.net private member
    Facebook - ba humbug. I've never even used a computer.

Sent via my manual typewriter.

I think it's easier having an affair than a facebook account - too high maintenance!

I checked in for 2 weeks of Facebook- Rehab after spending too many sunrises getting off-my-facebook !

I felt like I was climbing my own wall!