hibs.net Messageboard

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast
    After this weekend's results I think the threat is now very realistic.

Granted Tannadice is not an easy place to visit at any time but the three teams which were below us in the league had arguably harder matches than us and they all managed to win.

If we lose our next two matches which is highly possible then we will probably find ourselves cut adrift at the bottom by ourselves.

We simply MUST win against Hearts next week, not because of who they are but because we need the points.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Yes, I think the threat of relegation is a reality. Apart from the fact that we are currently bottom the league, here's why :-

• We can't defend properly
    • We have a lack of physical strength in the team
    • We have no pace in the team from back to front
    • We have a bunch of gutless, spineless, talentless goons in the team, the majority of whom couldn't give a toss

Pathetic really. Still, hope the players enjoy their night out tonight.

@hibs.net private member essexhibee's Avatar
    Yes.

Could it get any worse? After today, yes i think it could. How could it get to the point that we are going to be in a relegation battle with the mighty St ****ten.
    ​​
    Scottish Cup Winners 2016 - The Immortals

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: gringotodd
    Add to that St Mirren are more than able to beat us themselves.

This is the current relegation odds across all the bookies:

http://www.easyodds.com/sports-betti...sh-bottom.html

Two weeks after my last post on this thread, nothing has changed. I would say that we are still one of the biggest candidates for relegation this season.

We can't score goals and defensively we are a shambles. That is never a good combination.

I am seriously struggling to come up with a club in this league that we are worse than at the moment and I think everyone at the club has to prepare themselves for a relegation battle over the coming months.

The threat gets greater as each week goes by, the worrying thing is the players don't seem to realise it yet. I wouldn't fancy that lot to come out on top in a battle v anyone just now, when we down under Duffy the team was pish, but, at least they appeared to try!

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by HUTCHYHIBBY View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    The threat gets greater as each week goes by, the worrying thing is the players don't seem to realise it yet. I wouldn't fancy that lot to come out on top in a battle v anyone just now, when we down under Duffy the team was pish, but, at least they appeared to try!

As poor as Duffy's team was sad to say I would back his team to beat our current lot by a couple of goals.

We are easily the worst team in the SPL at present.

Of course we are relegation candidates, look at the total lack of quality in our side, and look at the record over the last 10 months, if the season had started in Janyaury and ended now, we would be down. However, most worrying for me is that all the clubs we are going to be up against are fairly used to relegation dogfights, and most know how to stay up. Only one team gets it wroing each year, and it's usually either the worst team, or the team who just does'nt fight hard enough - anybody able to hazard a guess which current SPL team fulfils both those criteria?? The lack of fight, lack of desire, and lack of pride is disgraceful, and I look forward to all the normal platitudes from the players in the press over the coming days, we are'nt that bad, we've not had the rub of the green, we will sort it out etc. CC should ban these jokers from speaking to the press until they earn the right to have an opinion by sweating blood for the cause and getting us out of the mess which collectively they and the last joke of a manager have put us in. It was only last week that one of these duds went into the press telling us the fight for a European place starts now, no it does'nt, it started in August and you lot just have'nt shown up yet. One final point, I sincerely hope that we have seen the last of the all yellow strip, because although we all know this bunch are a bunch of wage thieving cowards, we don't need to dress them up in yellow to highlight this, we already know, although in saying that, perhaps it would be more appropriate, because there is not one of them at present fit to wear the famous green and white of Hibs.

@hibs.net private member BSEJVT's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by delbert View Post
    Of course we are relegation candidates, look at the total lack of quality in our side, and look at the record over the last 10 months, if the season had started in Janyaury and ended now, we would be down. However, most worrying for me is that all the clubs we are going to be up against are fairly used to relegation dogfights, and most know how to stay up. Only one team gets it wroing each year, and it's usually either the worst team, or the team who just does'nt fight hard enough - anybody able to hazard a guess which current SPL team fulfils both those criteria?? The lack of fight, lack of desire, and lack of pride is disgraceful, and I look forward to all the normal platitudes from the players in the press over the coming days, we are'nt that bad, we've not had the rub of the green, we will sort it out etc. CC should ban these jokers from speaking to the press until they earn the right to have an opinion by sweating blood for the cause and getting us out of the mess which collectively they and the last joke of a manager have put us in. It was only last week that one of these duds went into the press telling us the fight for a European place starts now, no it does'nt, it started in August and you lot just have'nt shown up yet. One final point, I sincerely hope that we have seen the last of the all yellow strip, because although we all know this bunch are a bunch of wage thieving cowards, we don't need to dress them up in yellow to highlight this, we already know, although in saying that, perhaps it would be more appropriate, because there is not one of them at present fit to wear the famous green and white of Hibs.
    Pedant alert

You make some good points but it is so hard to read that I often give up.

Look at other folks posts, they break up their points into paragraphs and sentences.

It does not matter if they are grammatically correct, I doubt this is.

It just makes it so much easier to read and digest.

Everyone wants to join in the debate.

IMO more folk will if you do this.

I apologise because there is no way to have written this regarding your post without looking like a patronising knob.

Please be assured that is not my intention.

First Team Breakthrough

Relegation

I Think there is a distinct chance we might go down this season, it's bloody worse we are getting! No defence, midfield with no pace ideas etc and 1 striker in Riordan who isnt playing well and let everyone down yesterday! Its so cringeworthy watching that horrible shower taking the piss out of us and lets be honest here they are crap to! I haven't been hurting this much since county turfed ous out of the cup but at least then I felt we had some decent players! How does Calderwood sort this mess?

@hibs.net private member Hermit Crab's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by totalfootball View Post
    I Think there is a distinct chance we might go down this season, it's bloody worse we are getting! No defence, midfield with no pace ideas etc and 1 striker in Riordan who isnt playing well and let everyone down yesterday! Its so cringeworthy watching that horrible shower taking the piss out of us and lets be honest here they are crap to! I haven't been hurting this much since county turfed ous out of the cup but at least then I felt we had some decent players! How does Calderwood sort this mess?

Absolute Pash mate IMO. Ive been to every game this season and there have been half decent performances like Dundee Utd last week and we were unlucky not to get anything from that game. St Mirren are worse than us and my money is on them to go down we have the cash to bring in players in Jan where other clubs around us might toil to spend any money. Do not worry Hibs will not get relegated

Left by mutual consent! Phil D. Rolls's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by totalfootball View Post

Otherwise.....

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: gringotodd
    Quote Originally Posted by Hermit Crab View Post
    Absolute Pash mate IMO. Ive been to every game this season and there have been half decent performances like Dundee Utd last week and we were unlucky not to get anything from that game. St Mirren are worse than us and my money is on them to go down we have the cash to bring in players in Jan where other clubs around us might toil to spend any money. Do not worry Hibs will not get relegated
    Half decent performances where we get no points won't save us from relegation though. We've played every team once now, including St Mirren who you count as worse than us. We're joint bottom with said St Mirren and they've already demonstrated an ability to beat us this season!

I'm not saying we will go down, but it's time we start realising it's not outwith the realms of reality because if we carry on with the attitude that we're automatically safe because we're bigger than St Mirren then we can replace next seasons Edinburgh Derby with a Lothian Derby with Livingston.

Quote Originally Posted by Hermit Crab View Post
    Sorry mate, but that post deserves one of these :-

Head in the sand and all that!

P.S I salute you indefatigability.

First Team Breakthrough
    We are worse than the team who were relegated in 98. Petrie wake up and smell the coffee your time's up.

I fear, there's some free crack on the go roond certain parts of the Burgh.

St Mirren - a long standing solid team, good til the end aren't they?

Hamilton - renowned for being stalwarts in battle.

Aberdeen - ****ed NINE nil.

YES, we've been and will continue to be pish-ish. But, over the course of a season we're definitely better than the first two teams and stronger in depth and as for Aberdeen, how long did they spend doon the bottom last season? And after losing NINE goals, nobody is thinking they might just have some problems? Particularly as they have a manager who lives so far up his own arse he thinks it's a minor set-back and he's "slightly" to blame.....

FFS. Relegation is as likely as us doing something and winning the Scottish Cup. Nae chance. I won't bet on us not making the top 6 tho but we WONT be relegated.

Quote Originally Posted by LancashireHibby View Post
    There are enough teams who are worse than us for us to go down, but I'd like to see us make more of a go of it to be on the safe side.
    I'm sure that's what Newcastle fans comforted themselves with a couple of years ago.. "no, there's worse teams than us...uh, oh"

@hibs.net private member BroxburnHibee's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: CoolHibeesdaft PSN ID: Hibeesdaft
    We're the worst team in the league - by far.

Anyone that thinks there are worse then us are either delusional or blind.
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, vodka in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming, "WOO HOO what a ride!"

Quote Originally Posted by BroxburnHibee View Post
    We're the worst team in the league - by far.

Anyone that thinks there are worse then us are either delusional or blind.
    This rather backs up my point above:

9 Aberdeen -10 10
    10 Hamilton -11 9
    11 Hibernian -10 8
    12 St Mirren -12 8

Yes, we've been ****. We've also had a little bad luck against Dundee Utd. Is anyone REALLY suggesting we are worse than St Mirren and Hamilton (Who are just above us with far less depth, squad and chance of investment if realy needed)? And the sheep are not far behind, hot on the heels of a 9-0 drubbing!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The table does not lie. Yes, we are ****. We are NOT the ****test tho.

ENDOF

Quote Originally Posted by Bad Martini View Post

9 Aberdeen -10 10
    10 Hamilton -11 9
    11 Hibernian -10 8
    12 St Mirren -12 8

Yes, we've been ****. We've also had a little bad luck against Dundee Utd. Is anyone REALLY suggesting we are worse than St Mirren and Hamilton (Who are just above us with far less depth, squad and chance of investment if realy needed)? And the sheep are not far behind, hot on the heels of a 9-0 drubbing!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ENDOF
    At the moment, yes, I would say that we are worse than St Mirren and Hamilton.

We created absolutely nothing against St Mirren when we played them in Paisley and I thought Hamilton were at the very least well worth their draw against us at Easter Road. The last time we were away at Hamilton, they hammered us 4-1.

Yes Aberdeen are mince at the moment as well but again, when they came up against us, they raced into a 4-0 lead without too many problems. OK we scored two goals but by the time that happened the game was done and dusted.

Anyone who does not acknowledge that we are in serious danger of being relegated this season is living on another planet.

Since we are currently 11th, and joint-bottom, in the table at the moment after 11 games, this is where the teams who have been 11th after 11 games have finished in the league since 2001/02;

2001/02-Motherwell-10 points from 11 games and they finished the season in 11th place.
    2002/03-Partick Thistle-8 points from 11 games and they finished the season in 10th place.
    2003/04-Aberdeen-7 points from 11 games and they finished the season in 11th place.
    2004/05-Inverness-8 points from 11 games and they finished the season in 8th place.
    2005/06-Dunfermline-5 points from 11 games and they finished the season in 11th place.
    2006/07-Dunfermline-8 points from 11 games and they finished the season in 12th place (RELEGATED).
    2007/08-Falkirk-9 points from 11 games and they finished the season in 7th place.
    2008/09-Inverness-10 points from 11 games and they finished the season in 12th place (RELEGATED).
    2009/10-Hamilton-9 points from 11 games and they finished the season in 7th place.

Although most of the sides who were 11th after 11 games went on to avoid relegation, most of them were not joint-bottom, like we are at the moment. In most seasons, the team who was bottom were miles behind after 11 matches.

It is almost a certainty that we will be in the bottom six this year, which is bad enough, but when you consider that only one team has scored less goals than us so far and only three sides have conceded more goals, I don't think relegation is as improbable as you are making it out to be.

This team doesn't know how to defend, doesn't score goals, hardly creates any chances over a 90 minute period, plays with absolutely no width, has no pace whatsoever and worst of all, has zero confidence in anything that they are trying to do.

That is not a good combination.

@hibs.net private member BroxburnHibee's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: CoolHibeesdaft PSN ID: Hibeesdaft
    Quote Originally Posted by Bad Martini View Post

9 Aberdeen -10 10
    10 Hamilton -11 9
    11 Hibernian -10 8
    12 St Mirren -12 8

ENDOF
    The table says what it says - but we still got beat off St Mirren after yet another pathetic display.

What worries me is there are STILL fans on here that think we shouldn't be anywhere near the bottom and are STILL going on about top 6 finishes and cup runs.

FFS WAKE UP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We are rank ****** rotten - with absolutely no sign of fight or passion - 2 attributes we are going to need in spades if we are to survive this forthcoming battle.

Right now 11th would be acceptable - 10th or better would be success.

I hope the players read these boards - maybe just maybe they might understand how much they let us down big style.

Not holding my breath though.

I hate to think the size of crowds we will have soon if the football doesn't improve.
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, vodka in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming, "WOO HOO what a ride!"

Quote Originally Posted by Jim44 View Post
    .....replace with 'probability'.
    Sadly I

Quote Originally Posted by BroxburnHibee View Post
    The table says what it says - but we still got beat off St Mirren after yet another pathetic display.

What worries me is there are STILL fans on here that think we shouldn't be anywhere near the bottom and are STILL going on about top 6 finishes and cup runs.

FFS WAKE UP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We are rank ****** rotten - with absolutely no sign of fight or passion - 2 attributes we are going to need in spades if we are to survive this forthcoming battle.

Right now 11th would be acceptable - 10th or better would be success.

I hope the players read these boards - maybe just maybe they might understand how much they let us down big style.

Not holding my breath though.

I hate to think the size of crowds we will have soon if the football doesn't improve.

The delusion of a few on here is worrying.

We can all argue that on paper we are better than St Mirren, Hamilton and Aberdeen but the results thus far have failed to back that belief up. Hammered 4-2 by Aberdeen, beaten 2-1 by St Mirren and a 1-1 draw at home with hamilton in a game we could quite easily have lost.

There is a total lack of fight and as De Graafs idiotic comments today prove still an unbelievable arrogance in the dressing room that 'we're too good to go down'. Ian Murray has been guilty of similar sentiments. I'm sure in relatively recent memory Manchester City, Newcastle, Leeds and West ham fans all consoled themselves with the fact that they were too big to go down- didn't quite work out like that did it?

As FH has said above we aren't scoring goals but we are conceding, the first signs of a setback and all confidence drains from the side, their is no passion, no fight, no creativity, no ideas, no pace, no width, no hunger and desire, just nothing. This is a worrying combination and whilst we may have technically better players than St Mirren, Hamilton etc you can bet your last penny that they have guys who are up for a fight, this could be the telling factor IMO.

@hibs.net private member vincipernoi's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: eh? Wii Code: eh?

Smile

Are many people still worried about relegation?

I am less worried. We need to keep this form going. Ask me again after a few more games.

Quote Originally Posted by vincipernoi View Post

Not any more. I realise there is still a lot of hard work ahead, but i think CC has found a system to get these guys playing. A mid table finish i think, possibly 5th/6th.

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Leith Sansiro
    Quote Originally Posted by RossHibs View Post
    Not any more. I realise there is still a lot of hard work ahead, but i think CC has found a system to get these guys playing. A mid table finish i think, possibly 5th/6th.
    Careful you will give the fans unreasonable expectation levels cough..cough....yogi cough...cough

no

Not if we carry on having the fight and desire that we have shown in the last two matches. If our new found confidence continues then we will certainly climb the table and be nowhere near relegation.

But that's just two games and we are still in 8th place, a long way from where most Hibs fans would have wanted the team to finish at the start of the season.

Long may today's performance continue.

@hibs.net private member Bookkeeper's Avatar
    Nope!

We're looking upwards now, not below us.

Better performances and the goals are coming.

Much needed fight being shown too.

Starting to like Mr Calderwood!