Rankin
    Nish
    Hogg

Grounds is out of contract in January.
    Keep these players, move the rest on and find better

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Phil MaGlass View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Thing is they would have to bust a gut to earn a move to another club, its their last chance to put themselves in the shop window
    Dont think they do to be honest. We bought Miller Riordan and Stokes off the back of what they have been capable of not what they had been doing at their previous club.

We could end up with half a team of players that have signed pre contracts with other clubs meaning any manager wont get the best out of the for half a season whilst trying to find replacements within budget that are as good or better than the ones moving on. 1 or 2 players would be fine but the amount of players hibs could end up needing to replace will be difficult on our budget.

First Team Breakthrough
    Quote Originally Posted by Brads Lain:thumbsup:g View Post
    Keep these players, move the rest on and find better
    i agree m8

Quote Originally Posted by FalkirkHibee View Post
    Riordan
    Miller
    Bamba
    Zemmama
    McBride
    Galbraith
    Smith
    Stack
    Dickoh
    Duffy
    Trakys
    Thicot
    Rankin
    Nish
    Hogg

Grounds is out of contract in January.
    Out of these players I'd be happy for them all to leave as the money from their wages could be used to better the squad.

However given the option to give out new contracts I would look to keep Hogg, Nish, Miller, McBride & Duffy. They have all proven to be effective at SPL level and none will really break the bank for new contracts. Zemmama & Galbraith have the potential to be match winners but no consistency of form or fitness.

I do think that having so many players out of contract could help the rest of our season, some are playing for their futures at Hibs so will want to impress the new manager and others will be looking for a better move. Thats a win win for Hibs as far as I can see.

keep : Riordan, Miller & Zemmama

PUNT the rest asap

Quote Originally Posted by Albion Hibs View Post
    Very good shout, but in addition I think it also puts us on a weaker footing if the slimmy agent / other club knows we are short on a starting 11 and running out of transfer windows.

Pre contact work needs to begin sharp, hopefully any new manager will have an understanding of the type / names of players he is looking to bring in.

I'm not so sure about the agent part, many sources suggesting next summer will see an unprecedented number of players out of contract, with virtually every club in Europe looking to trim squads/wage bills, so there will be decent players fighting for contracts, which will hopefully work in our favour, as the club can avoid being held to ransom by threatening (or doing) to walk away and look at other options rather than paying over the odds.

I do agree with the pre-contract work beginning now/as soon as the new man is in, to try and get the best available within our structure, rather than what could end up being 3rd, 4th, 5th choice. The opportunity to get some high quality players in at reasonably costs is on the way. Except at the highest level, its a clubs market rather than a players market. Its why the likes of Cademarteri, Stack, Weaver, etc are/were playing here, coz no english club would take them on in this financial climate. If, and it is a huge if, Hibs box clever over the next, 10 months or so, we could siginficantly upgrade the playing squad without a massive difference to the wage bill.

Overall, it will cause a lot of upheaval, but it should mean a squad who are (nearly) all grateful for a contract, willing to work to impress, will fit the manager's vision and plans.

@hibs.net private member Golden Bear's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sumner View Post
    keep : Riordan, Miller & Zemmama

PUNT the rest asap
    I'd punt Miller asap. He's a good footballer with a very questionable attitude. Maybe a luxury we can't afford.

Testimonial Due
    Quote Originally Posted by Golden Bear View Post
    I'd punt Miller asap. He's a good footballer with a very questionable attitude. Maybe a luxury we can't afford.
    I think keep him and get some better players around him. Would like to see him spending less time tracking back and spend more time sitting on the right side of the half way line.

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: franck sauzee
    I think keep him and get some better players around him. Would like to see him spending less time tracking back and spend more time sitting on the right side of the half way line.

Would certainly keep Miller and look to change the system so that he plays as a forward thinking midfielder.
    Follow the Hibs podcast, Longbangers, on Twitter (@longbangers)
    https://longbangers.hubwave.net

@hibs.net private member Golden Bear's Avatar
    He had good players around him at his previous clubs and he still failed to impress on a consistent basis.

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: CalvinoHFC PSN ID: CalvinoHFC
    Riordan - Obviously a great player and one I'd hate to see leave again
    Miller - A great player in the right system
    Zemmama - The only player we have with flair and creativity, worth seeing how he does when he comes back from his injury
    Mark Brown - A good enough keeper for our squad for sure
    Hogg - Player of the Season a few years ago, I refuse to believe that he has suddenly become a dire player. Think he is still good enough.
    Galbraith - One more for the future

I'd be disappointed to lose any of the above. Sell Bamba for a token fee in January I think.

Testimonial Due
    Quote Originally Posted by Golden Bear View Post
    He had good players around him at his previous clubs and he still failed to impress on a consistent basis.
    I think the key bit is consistency. At times, and in my view, more often than not he has been very good for us. I think consistency for him may be affected by the fact we have consistantly changed players about in the midfield and up front. More often than not you can see him seeking a pass / someone moving for him, but there is very little on that from.

IMO more of a reflection on the players around him, rather than on him. Without doubt I would keep him.

First Team Breakthrough
    I think the key bit is consistency. At times, and in my view, more often than not he has been very good for us. I think consistency for him may be affected by the fact we have consistantly changed players about in the midfield and up front. More often than not you can see him seeking a pass / someone moving for him, but there is very little on that from.

IMO more of a reflection on the players around him, rather than on him. Without doubt I would keep him.
    agree miller is quality with the right player beside him,a think bamba beside him until he goes will make a difference in the middle of the park wher most games are won

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by weeonly162 View Post
    I don't thinks it's coincidence that most of the team are out of contract and the recent poor performances we've seen.

Maybe i'm just being cynical but, these players wont want to risk injury on the remaining months of their contract.
    Good way to advertise themselves to potential new clubs

Testimonial Due
    Quote Originally Posted by alex74 View Post
    agree miller is quality with the right player beside him,a think bamba beside him until he goes will make a difference in the middle of the park wher most games are won

Agreed, Bamba seems to be costing a few goals at the moment and it is clear he wants away - his head is perhaps a little all over the place. Dickho had a good debut but since then his performances have come back a bit, albeit would not bench him for that. Would be tempted to put Grounds in at CH, with Murray at LB.

Interesting times ahead, the core of the team is there, a few contract to secure it - Brown, Murray, Hanlon (for me deserves a decent run), Miller, Riordan. Around that those on contract can contribute and there is a window for a new manager to come in and really get the team he wants.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by hibs13681 View Post
    Dont think they do to be honest. We bought Miller Riordan and Stokes off the back of what they have been capable of not what they had been doing at their previous club.

We could end up with half a team of players that have signed pre contracts with other clubs meaning any manager wont get the best out of the for half a season whilst trying to find replacements within budget that are as good or better than the ones moving on. 1 or 2 players would be fine but the amount of players hibs could end up needing to replace will be difficult on our budget.
    So if you really think these players have such a feeling of contempt for the Hibs would you want to sign them? Your view of them is ludicrous!

Next season's squad I'd want to start with:

Riordan - 100%
    Miller - 100%
    Bamba - if he still wants to be here
    Zemmama - if he gets fit again

McBride - 100%
    Galbraith - depends if he shows enough between now and the end of the season
    Smith - complete Frankie Howard for my money - get shot
    Stack - 100% keep - need to get him fit though
    Dickoh - jury out - see how he is for the rest of the season
    Duffy - impossible to say given he's been injured since day 1
    Trakys - see how he fares for rest of season

Thicot - I can still see a role as a squad player for ST
    Rankin - not cutting it for me
    Nish - squad player at best - if we can replace with better, do so - if not, squad
    Hogg - been rank this season - barring a complete turn-around get shot
    De Graff - think he'll come good
    Murray - keep
    Spoony - 100% keep
    Hanlon - 100% keep
    Brown - poss keep as backup to Stack
    Hart - keep - think he's been OK since arriving
    Stephens - need to see him playing more before we can tell really - looked OK so far though

Plus the young lads out on loan at present - they need to be pressing for game-time sometime soon too...

Quote Originally Posted by Spudster View Post
    Who's contract runs out at the end of this season? Out of the current first team:
    Riordan
    Miller
    Bamba?
    good news for the next manager.

Other than the obvious it's no bad thing really. Gives the new manager a chance to clear the decks.

@hibs.net private member proud_and_green's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by hibeemad View Post
    I never said he was a non trier. What i said was it would be a bonus to get him off the books.
    If every player in a HIbs shirt tried half as hard as Nishy then we would not be in the position we are.

The manager got the bullet for the results, but the players are responsible in my opinion.

Good article by Moira Gordon in the Scotsman.

The players at ER have had it too easy for too long, i look forward to seeing the non-triers being booted out and us getting in players who understand the privelege they have not only in playing for our club but in being able to play football for a living.

The day of reckoning is coming for the lazy ones and and not a day too soon!!!

Quote Originally Posted by proud_and_green View Post
    If every player in a HIbs shirt tried half as hard as Nishy then we would not be in the position we are.

The manager got the bullet for the results, but the players are responsible in my opinion.

Good article by Moira Gordon in the Scotsman.

The players at ER have had it too easy for too long, i look forward to seeing the non-triers being booted out and us getting in players who understand the privelege they have not only in playing for our club but in being able to play football for a living.

The day of reckoning is coming for the lazy ones and and not a day too soon!!!
    Yup, far too many treat their work as a hobby for which they expect a large weekly charitable donation from Hibs to fund their party lifestyles.

Time to turf the lazy, the shirkers and the downright deluded out the door and start again. Otherwise, in about 12 - 15 months yet another manager will joining the dole queue. It's time to cure the cause of the disease and not tinker around trying to fix the symptoms.

Hibs player clearout

Interesting story in the Scotsman, if true then there should be a major clearout next summer,

http://sport.scotsman.com/sport/With...oon.6573566.jp

@hibs.net private member Manxhibs's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: purehibee
    Riordan - Absolute must keep
    Miller - On his game he is a great player, not seen that ability for a while
    Bamba - If he wants to stay he is obviously a must keep but I think his heads in the clouds.
    Zemmama - My favourite current hibs player, when hes fit hes a joy to watch
    McBride - a squad player
    Galbraith - Needs game time, will be a top player
    Smith - Get rid
    Stack - good back up
    Dickoh - Not seen enough yet
    Duffy - New manager might have different ideas regarding strikers
    Trakys - Cant judge him
    Thicot - I like him but he is just a squad player
    Rankin - gives his all but his ability is questionable, id say get rid
    Nish - same as rankin, gives his all but at the end of the day, he just isnt good enough
    Hogg - short on confidence, maybe the new manager will galvanise him.

Quote Originally Posted by PapillonVert View Post
    Yup, far too many treat their work as a hobby for which they expect a large weekly charitable donation from Hibs to fund their party lifestyles.

Time to turf the lazy, the shirkers and the downright deluded out the door and start again. Otherwise, in about 12 - 15 months yet another manager will joining the dole queue. It's time to cure the cause of the disease and not tinker around trying to fix the symptoms.
    Undoubtedly there's a problem with some players at the club not acting professionally and failing to give their all. However, I repeat what I've written before on this Board.

Only four players in today's squad survive from John Collins time as Manager. Just four out of a squad that numbers up to 33 players if you include the players out on loan. The four are Hogg, Stevenson, McCann and Zemmama - not the individuals whom you would immediately suspect as insurrectionists and trouble-makers in the dressing-room.

So the Managers themselves (Mixu and Yogi) have to take some responsibility for signing new players who subsequently appear to have turned on their boss and the club by exhibiting the behaviour of which we're now hearing.

How often do we repeat the mantra on here - "wait until he has his own squad, until he's brought in his own players". Doesn't appear to have counted for much in the case of either Mixu or Yogi.

Coaching Staff
    TBH, the likes of Rankin, Hogg, McBride, Smith, Nish and a good few others are no better than journeymen footballers. They are unlikely to get deals from a bigger club than Hibs and their next moves will be down the football ladder, not up. I'd take the risk of having a slightly smaller squad to pay bigger wages to get in better quality players. Players with technique, skill and pace, allied to a professional attitude and work ethic, would do for starters.

The club has to lose its role as a rest home and pensions supplement for the terminally lazy. If it is true that players are walking out of training sessions before the end and refusing to sit on the bench, as well as the off-field bad behaviour that we hear so much about, then they should be being fined heavily and disciplined by the club, up to and including having their contracts terminated, without compensation, for gross misconduct.

@hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar
    IMHO only Riordan Miller Bamba and Zemamma are players i'd say were must keeps. Although with all 4 out of contract i'd imagine we might lose all 4 for nothing. I'm resigned to losing Zemamma and Bamba anyway, the new manager has a hard job, but a virtual blank canvas to mold his new side.

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: franck sauzee
    Quote Originally Posted by blackpoolhibs View Post
    IMHO only Riordan Miller Bamba and Zemamma are players i'd say were must keeps. Although with all 4 out of contract i'd imagine we might lose all 4 for nothing. I'm resigned to losing Zemamma and Bamba anyway, the new manager has a hard job, but a virtual blank canvas to mold his new side.
    There is a possibility that a new manager coming in, if he's a good enough eye for a player and knows where to look (or who to ask), that all of the players listed could be replaced with better ones.

IMHO, given the performances over the last two seasons, no player at Easter Road is someone I'd consider a 'keep at all costs'. Riordan is the closest.
    Follow the Hibs podcast, Longbangers, on Twitter (@longbangers)
    https://longbangers.hubwave.net

I hope that Currie and Welsh don't get lost in the shuffle during the upheaval, both contracts run out in December I believe.

Welsh in particular is very highly rated, but has been unlucky with injuries (currently rehabbing), would be very disappointed if these lads were to be let go in the kerfuffle of deciding which of the bigger names should be offered new deals.

Ok here's a massive inference...

Rod will obviously have known about the situation approaching re the player contracts. Is it a coincidence that the ground's finished, the training ground's finished and now the majority of our players are out of contract at the same time.

Are we now at a point which has been pre-planned by the Tache to make the step-up and clear out the players we have and then go on a bit of a spending spree ala McLeish?

For me, this manager appointment is the most crucial this decade as they may see us through this change (if true). A high end manager is needed to bring in high quality players and getting them playing well, get us into Europe regularly and a cup win or two? I'm not talking about challenging the Uglies so much but just reaching the level where we probably should be.