hibs.net Messageboard

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    I'm amazed Yogi got sacked - in recent days we've heard he made £4.5m for Hibs, had a plan B, gave youth a chance etc etc. Truly remarkable he's no still with us really.

Back to Byrne - I've only seen him on tv. I'd OF tv with Satanta, and watched Hibs u/19s v OF, including the fab SC Cup Final - IIRC Byrne scored twice.

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by The_Quiet_Man View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I'm amazed Yogi got sacked - in recent days we've heard he made £4.5m for Hibs, had a plan B, gave youth a chance etc etc. Truly remarkable he's no still with us really.

Back to Byrne - I've only seen him on tv. I'd OF tv with Satanta, and watched Hibs u/19s v OF, including the fab SC Cup Final - IIRC Byrne scored twice.
    So there we have it, Byrne is better than Nish on two sightings from the telly in under 19s games.

First Team Breakthrough
    Quote Originally Posted by blackpoolhibs View Post
    So there we have it, Byrne is better than Nish on two sightings from the telly in under 19s games.
    a take back my comments on nish he is quality hopefully new boss gives him an offer he cant turn down maybe hes needing a better partner up front to feed of him show deeko the door nish is 2 moves ahead of him get someone in whos on the same wavelength, comments please

Quote Originally Posted by alex74 View Post
    a take back my comments on nish he is quality hopefully new boss gives him an offer he cant turn down maybe hes needing a better partner up front to feed of him show deeko the door nish is 2 moves ahead of him get someone in whos on the same wavelength, comments please
    I'm not Nishy's biggest fan, but have not seen Byrne play 1 game in over a year, how on earth can i judge what he's like at the moment? Answer me this. I have seen Thomas flynn warming up a few times, i think he's better than the 3 keepers in front of him, how ridiculous does that sound?

I have never once commentated on this thread how good Nish is. I also dont know how good Byrne is, and neither do any of the numpties who think he's better on 1 or 2 showings over a season ago in a 19s game.

I have never once commentated on this thread how good Nish is. I also dont know how good Byrne is, and neither do any of the numpties who think he's better on 1 or 2 showings over a season ago in a 19s game.
    I've got to say BH you are bang on the money on this subject.

It's amazing how the (mainly young) players that have never been seen are always better than the one's getting a game.

I had the same Nish/Byrne argument with TQM last season and he resorted to calling me 'Dick', as opposed to telling me what the 'Byrne is better' argument was based on.

Being brutally honest Byrne has looked like a fish out of water in his brief appearances and to base an opinion on under 19 games is ridiculous. How many of these star cup winning under 19's of the past have actually gone on to greatness? I remember the team who won the BP Youth Cup in '91 or '92 and one or 2 of them looked great, most notably Graham Love, but he just wasnt good enough in the 1st team.

Anyone who seriously thinks Bryne would have contributed more to Hibs than Nish's 12 goals and umpteen assists last season is kidding themselves on big style.

Quote Originally Posted by RichH View Post
    I've got to say BH you are bang on the money on this subject.

It's amazing how the (mainly young) players that have never been seen are always better than the one's getting a game.

I had the same Nish/Byrne argument with TQM last season and he resorted to calling me 'Dick', as opposed to telling me what the 'Byrne is better' argument was based on.

Being brutally honest Byrne has looked like a fish out of water in his brief appearances and to base an opinion on under 19 games is ridiculous. How many of these star cup winning under 19's of the past have actually gone on to greatness? I remember the team who won the BP Youth Cup in '91 or '92 and one or 2 of them looked great, most notably Graham Love, but he just wasnt good enough in the 1st team.

Anyone who seriously thinks Bryne would have contributed more to Hibs than Nish's 12 goals and umpteen assists last season is kidding themselves on big style.
    And to say he is better just because he cant be worse is a pathetic argument, they know that, but keep digging.

@hibs.net private member
    How many goals has Nish scored this season? I think we all have high hopes for Bryne. He has not had many chances so far. But surely he will get his chance on his return.

Nish is an average player who frustrates the support with lack of control and strength
    Last edited by lucky; 09-10-2010 at 08:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by lucky View Post
    How goals has Nish scored this season? I think we all have high hopes for Bryne. He has not had many chances so far. But surely he will get his chance on his return.

Nish is an average player who frustrates the support with lack of control and strength

First Team Breakthrough
    And to say he is better just because he cant be worse is a pathetic argument, they know that, but keep digging.
    thats my opinion as i have been watching him every week for to long the guy is pish simple as that if anyone thinks hes not they dont know the game i would rather play with 10 players thats serious

thats my opinion as i have been watching him every week for to long the guy is pish simple as that if anyone thinks hes not they dont know the game i would rather play with 10 players thats serious
    I agree to an extent with you on Nish, but what has Byrne done for you to say he's better?

@hibs.net private member
    Bryne need a run in the team to prove his worth.

Nish would not start for me. In fact I would not renew his contract. He is average surely there are better forwards out there for his wages

I'm guessing all the managers who've played him 'dont know the game' then?

I'd be more tempted to say that someone who would rather his team played a man short for 90 minutes than play with 11 including an experienced SPL striker is the one who doesnt know the game.

By the way- I dont think Nish is a great player or even what I want in the team. Just bringing a bit of sanity to the discussion.

Nish is mince IMHO.

KB - and any others if we had them - deserved a chance IMHO.

Bad me for having an opinion

RichH - I'd like to see that post referring to me insulting you. If I did I apologise.

Thumbs Up

RichH - I'd like to see that post referring to me insulting you. If I did I apologise.
    It was edited by admin, but more than happy to accept the apology

Bryne need a run in the team to prove his worth.

Nish would not start for me. In fact I would not renew his contract. He is average surely there are better forwards out there for his wages
    I'm sure every player from the 19s would say they need a run in the first team to prove their worth. Should we play all of them, or just the ones that are good enough? Or indeed just the ones the fans deem good enough, even though most have never seen more than 5 minutes of what they can do?

I agree to an extent with you on Nish, but what has Byrne done for you to say he's better?
    Nothing. But your crusade is pathetic. I don't agree with TQM but why bother with the nonsense? You've come out with more than enough pish but nobody hassles you on a 1:1 basis.

He has opinion, let him express it.

@hibs.net private member
    BH ---- where am I suggesting that they should all get a run in the team? Hibs are not scoring goals and don't have many forwards. He has went to EF and did well. That's the same route as Deeks. I would give him his chance. He scored in the under 19's and now East Fife. He is worth a shot.

Quote Originally Posted by 3pm View Post
    Nothing. But your crusade is pathetic. I don't agree with TQM but why bother with the nonsense? You've come out with more than enough pish but nobody hassles you on a 1:1 basis.

He has opinion, let him express it.
    Crusade my erse. I asked a question this afternoon and he's still not answered it, because he cant. I have come out with pish before, and been ridiculed for it by many, i have broad shoulders. As you say he has an opinion, and that opinion was put on a message board to be questioned, i have done that.

Removed
    Left by mutual consent!
    Crusade my erse. I asked a question this afternoon and he's still not answered it, because he cant. I have come out with pish before, and been ridiculed for it by many, i have broad shoulders. As you say he has an opinion, and that opinion was put on a message board to be questioned, i have done that.
    Broad shoulders what about the rest of you

BH ---- where am I suggesting that they should all get a run in the team? Hibs are not scoring goals and don't have many forwards. He has went to EF and did well. That's the same route as Deeks. I would give him his chance. He scored in the under 19's and now East Fife. He is worth a shot.
    I have no idea if the standard at east fife is any good, but i'm guessing its a lot lower than the SPL. I also have no idea if he's good enough, but would again guess he was not, and thats why he was loaned out.

Is it not up to the manager to decide what tactics we play? If we bring some one in like that t*t Harry Potter would we play exciting, attacking football.

It is a crusade. You have a bee in your bonnet.

Just give it up man.

@hibs.net private member
    He was loaned out to gain experience. We will only find out how good he is when he gets a chance

First Team Breakthrough
    well as a said a would rather play with 10men than have nish in the team as he just gives the ball away to the opposition all the time as for byrne thats why a said he cant be any worse so why cant he not be better,i have played the game at a good level so that is why im so against the player as a think we are a man down before a ball is kicked

He was loaned out to gain experience. We will only find out how good he is when he gets a chance
    Was that a bad idea? Was he ready for the 1st team? How was he doing in training with the first team? Is he good enough for the SPL?

well as a said a would rather play with 10men than have nish in the team as he just gives the ball away to the opposition all the time as for byrne thats why a said he cant be any worse so why cant he not be better,i have played the game at a good level so that is why im so against the player as a think we are a man down before a ball is kicked
    Thats just ridiculous.

First Team Breakthrough
    Nish is mince IMHO.

KB - and any others if we had them - deserved a chance IMHO.

Bad me for having an opinion
    no bad opinion m8 just that we have to watch him every week maybe not his fault that yogi played him at a level hes not up toooooooo

First Team Breakthrough
    Quote Originally Posted by RichH View Post
    I'm guessing all the managers who've played him 'dont know the game' then?

I'd be more tempted to say that someone who would rather his team played a man short for 90 minutes than play with 11 including an experienced SPL striker is the one who doesnt know the game.

By the way- I dont think Nish is a great player or even what I want in the team. Just bringing a bit of sanity to the discussion.
    they obviously dont know the game thats why they got sacked we had to watch it did you like what you where paying your hard earned cash to watch