hibs.net Messageboard

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    @hibs.net private member Green_one's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by silverhibee View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    So all these players will leave at the end of the season i have mentioned, according to Yogi. Even the one,s he signed.
    I agree with you. Yogi is trying to put a spin on something that was largely not influenced by him, apart from the fact the Board have not been supporting him lately.

I doubt anyone here would want Riordan and Zemmama to not sign an extension. So what was his big plan there?

He was getting little change out of Petrie in the last few months. Evidenced by some loans being just until the end of the year. I do not dispute though that having the possibilty of clearing out a lot of those players would be attractive to a new man. Something the players should think about when they line up against Killie.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Testimonial Due Booked4Being-Ugly's Avatar
    I can't believe people think that having so many players out of contract is a good idea.

I realize it's an opportunity to get rid of some of the deadwood but how is a new manager expected to motivate a team that can walk at the end of the season?

I doubt most of the current team would be that concerned about our current league position when they've effectively been told they're not good enough.

Quote Originally Posted by Disco Dave View Post
    If 4 wins in 33 games gets you 4th spot and Europe I would take that every year
    Really?? I wouldn't.

Watching the team win 4 times in 33 games is not my idea of fun or entertainment, regardless of the outcome, which in this case was to be pumped out of Europe before the season started.

I'm not sure I even care about us qualifying for Europe again until we have a team capable of not being embarrassed when we get there.

@hibs.net private member bawheid's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by The_Quiet_Man View Post
    Love this - he says too much made of stats then says first time in Europe in 5 years. Yes that's a fact as is the WORST home form EVER! Or was that a convenient stat?
    I doubt Yogi had anything to do with these players being out of contract, more Mr Petrie.
    Good to see we're still kicking the guy when he's down.

I feel sorry for the OP. He posted a positive thread on what was clearly a good chat with the former Hibernian captain and manager, only to watch it jumped up and down on by the haterz.

Left by mutual consent! Phil D. Rolls's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by bawheid View Post

I feel sorry for the OP. He posted a positive thread on what was clearly a good chat with the former Hibernian captain and manager, only to watch it jumped up and down on by the haterz.
    Grow up.

Prediction League Supremo - 05/06 MB62's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by poolman View Post
    Well I take it from the OP that he never said the media got him the sack
    According to either the BBC or STV sport report on Monday night (I can't remember which one) the reporter said Yogi went in to see Rod and offered his resignation, which Rod accepted. Now I don't know if this is true or not but it suggests to me Yogi felt he either had to be backed publicly or sacked, Rod chose the latter.

I
    Quote Originally Posted by poolman View Post
    'm sure he got pissed off every day reading about the OTT reporting about Hibs record over recent months, i'm not saying that they should not have commented on it but it was like when a Hibs article in the papers it always included "Hibs, who have not won a home game since blah blah blah" well we ****in knew it and I didny want to read or hear it every time a second rate journo typed or said this with much glee
    I think we all got p155ed off reading that, but the facts of the matter were there. All it needed was for Hibs to win a couple of games to change that but we couldn't.
    BTW, if he/we were p155ed off at that, it will not be long now before we get the annual 'Hibs, who have not won the Scottish cup for 18 squillion years' will play....' as though nobody on the planet is unaware of this fact

Quote Originally Posted by Filled Rolls View Post
    Grow up.
    In my view, for some people, slagging off Hibernian has become habit. They can't wait for the next thing to bump their gums about.

@hibs.net private member silverhibee's Avatar

Give it a rest bawheid, its becoming boring now with your bully boy tactics.

Quote Originally Posted by weeonly162 View Post
    I can't believe people think that having so many players out of contract is a good idea.

I realize it's an opportunity to get rid of some of the deadwood but how is a new manager expected to motivate a team that can walk at the end of the season?

I doubt most of the current team would be that concerned about our current league position when they've effectively been told they're not good enough.
    So true. And its why i'm very worried at where we are in the SPL today.

We need to get to safety ASAP hopefully as i wouldn't trust this shower of half hearted so and so's in a battle.

Faxed Back to Kaunas
    Well it is facts, 4th spot and Europe is a success, spoke about his aspirations to get straight back into football and hopefully gets something down south. Talked about Saturdays frustrations and I had a go at him about the lack of changes, and he made the point that he did change it about but he had no fire power on the bench, fair enough he had Trakys but he is a target man and it would be a like for like change with Nish.
    And who was responsible for picking the bench?

Give it a rest bawheid, its becoming boring now with your bully boy tactics.

I beg your pardon?

@hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar
    I didn't start the thread. But, I take your point - Yogi got the sack because it was everyone else's fault.
    No yogi got the sack for not getting results. Although to dismiss his achievement of 4th in his first season is stupid. He tried, in the end failed, we move on.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by blackpoolhibs View Post
    No yogi got the sack for not getting results. Although to dismiss his achievement of 4th in his first season is stupid. He tried, in the end failed, we move on.
    I wouldnt dismiss that achievement. In fact I would include it when giving an overall picture of Yogis failings. The early part of Yogi's first season showed what we could do and that part basically got us 4th. The most worrying part IMO was the collapse of form and the inabaility to get us anywhere near that again.

Managers at whatever team in whatever league go through a sticky patch, its their ability to get through that and turn it around again. Yogi showed that he was unable to do that.

IMO Yogi will come good eventually but he needs to learn a lot first. He was hard headed in that he wouldnt change a system for along spells, by the time he did realise that the system wouldnt work and change it, it was too late. fans had lost confidence and from what I can see, several players had too.

IMO, his passion for hibs was his ultimate problem. He was blinded by it and sometimes couldnt step back and see the bigger picture.

Yogi is a good guy, but I think he is clutching at straws when moaning about the press. Thats what the press do, they pick up on the worst stats available as it makes a better story, but this isnt anything new. Every club gets it, IMO, he fuelled it even more by not acknowledging the bad stats.
    Last edited by HFC 0-7; 07-10-2010 at 11:08 AM.

Left by mutual consent! TornadoHibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by hibs13681 View Post
    I wouldnt dismiss that achievement. In fact I would include it when giving an overall picture of Yogis failings. The early part of Yogi's first season showed what we could do and that part basically got us 4th. The most worrying part IMO was the collapse of form and the inabaility to get us anywhere near that again.

Managers at whatever team in whatever league go through a sticky patch, its their ability to get through that and turn it around again. Yogi showed that he was unable to do that.

IMO Yogi will come good eventually but he needs to learn a lot first. He was hard headed in that he wouldnt change a system for along spells, by the time he did realise that the system wouldnt work and change it, it was too late. fans had lost confidence and from what I can see, several players had too.

IMO, his passion for hibs was his ultimate problem. He was blinded by it and sometimes couldnt step back and see the bigger picture.

Yogi is a good guy, but I think he is clutching at straws when moaning about the press. Thats what the press do, they pick up on the worst stats available as it makes a better story, but this isnt anything new. Every club gets it, IMO, he fuelled it even more by acknowledging the bad stats.

Can't find much to disagree with there!

Prediction League Supremo - 05/06 MB62's Avatar
    I wouldnt dismiss that achievement. In fact I would include it when giving an overall picture of Yogis failings. The early part of Yogi's first season showed what we could do and that part basically got us 4th. The most worrying part IMO was the collapse of form and the inability to get us anywhere near that again.
    This is where I have to disagree on our early season form of last season as basically, I thought we were struggling but were getting results.

We scored a last minute winner against St. Mirren, we beat St. Johnstone 3-0 but who were a far better side than us that day, we scored 2 late goals against 9 man Aberdeen and in general Hibs, IMO, were getting results despite not playing well.

I know it's more negativity but it is just the way I saw it. I had hoped at the time that if we have achieved these results by not playing well and it's still early in the managers career here, maybe once his influence really takes affect and we find some form, we could sail away clear in 3rd place and have a good cup run.
    However, the luck that we carried in the first part of the season deserted us and I feel other teams sussed us out and how to play against us, and we didn't change.
    I remember most on here last season screaming to change our system because week after week were being over run in midfield as we stuck with 3 up front.
    As has already been pointed out by others on here, after the start we made, we scraped 4th by beating a barely interested under strength Dundee Utd side when really we should have had 3rd sewn up long before that point.

This is not meant to be a dash at Yogi, merely a summing up of how I saw last season unfold.
    Last edited by MB62; 08-10-2010 at 07:44 AM.

First Team Regular
    Yes but it should have been 2nd but for a collapse.

It's not unusual for a team to drop off from January or February but still hold on to 3rd or 4th. I think McLeish's side may have done something similar but for any quality to disappear completely and the apathy to rear it's ugly head in such a fashion is unique in my time watching them. Yogi had too many failings, lack of substitutions, tactics, lack of control and so on.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by MB62 View Post
    This is where I have to disagree on our early season form of last season as basically, I thought we were struggling but were getting results.

We scored a last minute winner against St. Mirren, we beat St. Johnstone 3-0 but who were a far better side than us that day, we scored 2 late goals against 9 man Aberdeen and in general Hibs, IMO, were getting results despite playing well.

I know it's more negativity but it is just the way I saw it. I had hoped at the time that if we have achieved these results by not playing well and it's still early in the managers career here, maybe once his influence really takes affect and we find some form, we could sail away clear in 3rd place and have a good cup run.
    However, the luck that we carried in the first part of the season deserted us and I feel other teams sussed us out and how to play against us, and we didn't change.
    I remember most on here last season screaming to change our system because week after week were being over run in midfield as we stuck with 3 up front.
    As has already been pointed out by others on here, after the start we made, we scraped 4th by beating a barely interested under strength Dundee Utd side when really we should have had 3rd sewn up long before that point.

This is not meant to be a dash at Yogi, merely a summing up of how I saw last season unfold.
    I agree that perhaps the performances werent brilliant they were definately better than the tail end of last season and this season. The start of last season I would say that our all round attitude was better and there was much more fight. We scored quite a few late goals and we came back after going behind. The aberdeen game is a fine example, we were not great that day but we kept going to the very end and we were rewarded. Even the best teams in the world have off days where they just dont play well but they keep going and often get something.

This is where I felt Yogi failed he wasnt able to regain the performances, although they werent great, but most of all he wasnt able to regain the confidence, passion and never give up attitude.

@hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar

Yogi is a good guy, but I think he is clutching at straws when moaning about the press. Thats what the press do, they pick up on the worst stats available as it makes a better story, but this isnt anything new. Every club gets it, IMO, he fuelled it even more by not acknowledging the bad stats.
    Yes i'd agree with that, and that was why he was sacked/left in the end. I will say i think he deserved the chance to address the slide, but it was apparent he couldn't so had to leave. If we sack every manager without giving them a chance to address the bad times, we will have a new manager every season.

Testimonial Due
    Quote Originally Posted by lEXO View Post
    You know what?4th is a great acheivement, no doubt.If we had a dip earlier last season and came back storming to take 4th, started this season reasonably well, and had a dip in forn i could see your argument.But we have done neither.C,mon tae FFS.Stop being the Yam ostrich boy and take your Yogi blinkers off and look at the facts.We are pish and the buck stops with the manager.No tactics, no pace, no width no good.Give it a rest
    Totally ridiculous comment in my view.

You would have been happy with we had taken 4th in more of an "exciting" way is what you are saying. Surely you would have rather been in and round the 3/4th slot all season which is what we were, and possibly taken third. I cant believe you wanted more of a film style showing to the season, maybe you should get yourself down to blockbuster.

Stop being such a yam ostrich if we had the slightest bit of luck since the begining of the season we would have been higher up the table - 1 or 2 more goals would have done that - does the buck still stop with the manager when those 1 or 2 goals are sold on the last day of the transfer window! The replacement striker sidelined 5 mins after he had his photo taken for the club.

The reality is regardless of my view Yogi is now gone, and we are waiting now for a manager that can provide that film style entertainment on the pitch that you so badly crave - let me ask you, it we had width, pace, wonderful tactics and finished 5/6th would you be a happier Hibby / Yam Ostrich?

@hibs.net private member
    Yes i'd agree with that, and that was why he was sacked/left in the end. I will say i think he deserved the chance to address the slide, but it was apparent he couldn't so had to leave. If we sack every manager without giving them a chance to address the bad times, we will have a new manager every season.
    I agree that every manager should be given the chance, however, I think Yogi had more than enough time. IMO, if 4th place wasnt a European place, he would have been given the bullit then. Any decent manager should be able to address the slide within a few games, not half a season. If you want to be challening for things, then you cant afford to have anyone in charge that takes a long time to sort things out as you lose ground. Dundee Utd last season were steady throughout and it paid off. Motherwell went through a sticky patch but pretty much emerged from it about 5 games later.

IMO, it was more the fact that Yogi didnt seem to be changing anything to address the slide until it was too late. I am sure he will learn from it now that he isnt in the job and will have a chance to reflect on where it went wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Green_one View Post
    I agree with you. Yogi is trying to put a spin on something that was largely not influenced by him, apart from the fact the Board have not been supporting him lately.

I doubt anyone here would want Riordan and Zemmama to not sign an extension. So what was his big plan there?

He was getting little change out of Petrie in the last few months. Evidenced by some loans being just until the end of the year. I do not dispute though that having the possibilty of clearing out a lot of those players would be attractive to a new man. Something the players should think about when they line up against Killie.
    I'd like Deek to stay, if the new man feels he can fit in to the team structure, but I'm not overly fussed about Zemmama as, for all his ability, his body doesn't seem to be able to stand up to the rigeurs of the Scottish season

Blog Entries
    In my view, for some people, slagging off Hibernian has become habit. They can't wait for the next thing to bump their gums about.
    I think the main thrust of the debate on this thread concerns Yogi's interpretation of events. No point in going over the whole thing again, but the way he sees things is a bit different to the way others do.

I haven't been slagging off Hibs, it's my frustration at what Yogi was doing to us that has prompted most of my jibes in the last couple of months. People are saying we didn't show Yogi enough patience, but I don't think that's true.

To call people who are responding to Yogi's version of events, rather than just accepting them "haterz", is just immature on so many levels. I think that most people aren't happy with the way things have turned out, but to imply there has been some sort of conspiracy against Hughes is out of order.

Fair play to those who thought that committing themselves 100% to the Hibs cause was the best way ahead. To me though, you can only ignore the iceberg your captain is heading towards for so long.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Albion Hibs View Post
    Totally ridiculous comment in my view.

You would have been happy with we had taken 4th in more of an "exciting" way is what you are saying. Surely you would have rather been in and round the 3/4th slot all season which is what we were, and possibly taken third. I cant believe you wanted more of a film style showing to the season, maybe you should get yourself down to blockbuster.

Stop being such a yam ostrich if we had the slightest bit of luck since the begining of the season we would have been higher up the table - 1 or 2 more goals would have done that - does the buck still stop with the manager when those 1 or 2 goals are sold on the last day of the transfer window! The replacement striker sidelined 5 mins after he had his photo taken for the club.

The reality is regardless of my view Yogi is now gone, and we are waiting now for a manager that can provide that film style entertainment on the pitch that you so badly crave - let me ask you, it we had width, pace, wonderful tactics and finished 5/6th would you be a happier Hibby / Yam Ostrich?

Bawheid - I'm not kicking anybody - its just the FACTS!

ABSOLUTE LEGEND!!

Went well up in my estimations, couldn't believe it, never had a bad word to say about the club and was so open and candid about what actually went on at the club.

Pissed of about the media and the stats, says no matter how it went 4th spot and Europe for the first time in 5 years has to be a success, he felt the media took the stats which suited their mischievous ways, no doubt an anorak will come back with all the stats, the bottom line is good, bad or indifferent we got fourth spot and made Europe, something the Yams never did
    Mate he was gash!

First Team Breakthrough
    Quote Originally Posted by E.T. is a Hibee View Post
    Mate he was gash!
    wasnae that good maybe talked a good game

Your right.now he knows what kind of football\ movies i like. Genius.

Meant to say - and apols if already mentioned - the £4.5m Yogi made for us will be Fletch £3.oddsm and Stokes. You will recall RP said the manager had final say on the transfers out. I trust Yogi is taking Fletch into his thinking.