hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    @hibs.net private member Spike Mandela's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Last edited by Spike Mandela; 27-09-2010 at 11:18 AM.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Left by mutual consent!
    Just read that in the news. At least one of them has finally grown some nads.

I thought he was one of the coaches there? I guess he's been punted!

@hibs.net private member johnrebus's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Eh ? Wii Code: What ?
    Quote Originally Posted by Spike Mandela View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Utter pish from Mackay.

Jim Jeffries picks the team. END OF!

I know because Jim said so, just last week.

That is Great Gary well said.

Now lets see your financial plan for the exit of "Mr Romanov"

Nice u-turn Gary, it was him that helped bring Mad Vlad to the PBS

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Lofarl
    "I acknowledge that the debt has become so big that it's well-nigh impossible to entice anyone to show an interest in buying the club and I admit there is no obvious solution, but I can only hope and pray that either someone can reason with our owner or a knight in shining armour can ride along and rescue our proud club from this mess."

Oh ma Sides

All very admirable, a few years too late etc, but, errrrr, Gary, you say it yourself:

"I acknowledge that the debt has become so big that it's well-nigh impossible to entice anyone to show an interest in buying the club and I admit there is no obvious solution, but I can only hope and pray that either someone can reason with our owner or a knight in shining armour can ride along and rescue our proud club from this mess"

This roughly translates to "Oh christ we're rooked, and I'm complicit"

First Team Breakthrough Duffys13's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by simply the best View Post
    That is Great Gary well said.

Now lets see your financial plan for the exit of "Mr Romanov"
    Yes, I would love to see how they can get rid of him. In this climate folk must be queing up to pump 40 million into an SPL team.

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Eh? PSN ID: No comprendo, senor. Wii Code: What's a Wii?
    So Gary can finally smell the coffee, can he?

Certain folks at ER need to do the same, IMHO.

Left by mutual consent! Phil D. Rolls's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Around the Forums

Unless Mr MacKay is prepared to say it is all his, and Mr Deans fault, for ousting that nice Mr Robinson and replacing him with that nasty Mr Romanov (is this right), then they have mr opportunity to make it up to us Yam servants who have had nothing to do with this whole sorry affair that has destroyed our proud and famous old club.

Craig Lockhart (Mr.); Merchiston
    Never liked Mackay anyway, he was a snivelling toad, that did nothing for us. 22 games against the Lochend vermin is not what we call an achievement Mr MacKay

R. Rover, Morningside
    Mackay can get himsel tae France, Hobo basket thit he is. *****in poof, junkie an hoor!

Billy, Dalry
    Not bein funny but if Mac-eye is so clever how come he did-nt by Hart's in-sted of Mr Romanov?

Kelly, Broxburn
    WEE AIRDRIE JAMBO AGREES

Name and address witheld, c/o HMP Saughton
    If MacKay comes anywhere near my girls, I swear I'll do *****ing thyme.

Parsley the Lion, the Garden

Poor McYam, I'm almost feeling sorry for the thick racist. He's been a Patsy in all of this, along with 399,999 others.

Quote Originally Posted by Duffys13 View Post
    Yes, I would love to see how they can get rid of him. In this climate folk must be queing up to pump 40 million into an SPL team.
    Yup, Delusions of Grandeur certainly comes with a price tag.........

Come to think it, 40 mill. could just about buy every player in the SPL.

I just read that and thought it was, how to put this, 'ironic'.

I thought Gary McKay viewed 'Mr Romanov' as the night in shining armour.

Never mind Gary, at least they're still playing at Tynecastle, eh.

Prediction League Supremo - 05/06 MB62's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by lyonhibs View Post

"I acknowledge that the debt has become so big that it's well-nigh impossible to entice anyone to show an interest in buying the club" and I admit there is no obvious solution, but I can only hope and pray that either someone can reason with our owner or a knight in shining armour can ride along and rescue our proud club from this mess
    Buying the Yams shouldn't be a problem because I thought they owed the money to themselves

Save our Proud Club, WTF PROUD MA ER5E:asshole:
    This from the team that brought us a paedofile manager,an asbestos pinked up stadium, a team of cheating, diving Lithuanians, a team whos owner lies to their fans about their super duper new massive stadium and hotel, brings down the name of the SFA, runs down Scottish fitba at any opportunity,comes out with the most absurd poppycock, has the worst disciplinary record year after year, is more of a circus than Chipperfields, refuse to play players if they dont sign new contracts, has players who get the 5hit kicked out of them by Hibs players regularly up the toon, who actually had Nade in their team ffs, dont pay their players on time, cannae pay their gas bills, has yet another manager that cant pick his team, have an AGM to decide they have to change a lightbulb, fans that swallow everything they are told, but they won the Second World War single handedly dont yi know

aye if ah wis a yam ahd be proud anaw
    Last edited by Phil MaGlass; 27-09-2010 at 01:46 PM.

Coaching Staff
    £40m just to pay off the debt, you'd need another £15m or so to do up the stadium to standard.

You might need to pay on top of the that for the shares and assets although with a debt to pay off they'd have a cheek to ask for it.

So fo £55m you've bought yourself an average SPL team with the potential to win the odd trophy and qualify for the Europa League now and again.

Not exactly top of the list of 'things to do with £55m!'

First Team Breakthrough DoonTheSlope's Avatar
    Incredible coming from someone who backed Mr Romanov from the outset. Who on earth would be stupid enough and have the finances to become the ''White Knight'', it beggers belief.

No doubt Mr Foulkes also agrees with Gary the man who brought in Mr Romanov.

Tick Tock.......

@hibs.net private member HibbyAndy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Andy74 View Post
    £40m just to pay off the debt, you'd need another £15m or so to do up the stadium to standard.

You might need to pay on top of the that for the shares and assets although with a debt to pay off they'd have a cheek to ask for it.

So fo £55m you've bought yourself an average SPL team with the potential to win the odd trophy and qualify for the Europa League now and again.

Elegantly put.

Hearts are donald ducked

Prediction League Supremo - 05/06 MB62's Avatar

From what I believe, buying the shares would be the only outlay for any potential buyer. The debt is due to their bank and as long as they are happy to allow the Yams to keep servicing this debt, which I assume they would as they must be making a fair bit on interest payments, then the debt would remain. Their bank might charge them increased interest of course, as I believe they get a deal at the moment, but any buyer would not need £40m up front, they would just inherit the debt.

The stadium has been a mess for years but again, no money would be required immediately to upgrade it, just the usual promise that they will do it.
    So, buying the Yams is all down to purchasing Mad Vlad's shares, with the offer to anyone else who has any, maybe not as big a problem as we would all think.

@hibs.net private member
    They may not need the £40m up front (I don't know), but whoever bought the shares would need the collateral to support a loan of £40m, as there are no assets left in the club worth anything near that. So maybe they wouldn't need £40m cash, but they would probably need to have assets worth at least that, to guarantee the loan?

Quote Originally Posted by Phil MaGlass View Post
    Save our Proud Club, WTF PROUD MA ER5E:asshole:
    This from the team that brought us a paedofile manager,an asbestos pinked up stadium, a team of cheating, diving Lithuanians, a team whos owner lies to their fans about their super duper new massive stadium and hotel, brings down the name of the SFA, runs down Scottish fitba at any opportunity,comes out with the most absurd poppycock, has the worst disciplinary record year after year, is more of a circus than Chipperfields, refuse to play players if they dont sign new contracts, has players who get the 5hit kicked out of them by Hibs players regularly up the toon, who actually had Nade in their team ffs, dont pay their players on time, cannae pay their gas bills, has yet another manager that cant pick his team, have an AGM to decide they have to change a lightbulb, fans that swallow everything they are told, but they won the Second World War single handedly dont yi know

aye if ah wis a yam ahd be proud anaw

Can't really add anything to that except I thought it was the 1st world war...oh never mind.....

Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by MB62 View Post
    From what I believe, buying the shares would be the only outlay for any potential buyer. The debt is due to their bank and as long as they are happy to allow the Yams to keep servicing this debt, which I assume they would as they must be making a fair bit on interest payments, then the debt would remain. Their bank might charge them increased interest of course, as I believe they get a deal at the moment, but any buyer would not need £40m up front, they would just inherit the debt.

The stadium has been a mess for years but again, no money would be required immediately to upgrade it, just the usual promise that they will do it.
    So, buying the Yams is all down to purchasing Mad Vlad's shares, with the offer to anyone else who has any, maybe not as big a problem as we would all think.

That's very true but that would be a crazy business proposition. Why would you want to buy yourself £40m of debt and a company losing about £10m a year?

A bit different if you can make efficiencies and increase income at the same time and turn things around sharpish so that you don't end up witha spiralling debt situation as you try to invest in infrastructure to increase income.

It's just not happening.

If anyone did buy the shares and take on the debt they would likely end up in an even worse mess than before.

@hibs.net private member
    The bit that gets me is "reason with the owner" ?WTF? They owe the guy's company in the region of £40m and expect him to do some sort of deal, which will undoubtedly expect said madman to waive a huge portion of said debt, to benefit HoMoFC?

My understanding they would have to underwrite the debt and purchase the assets if they were prepared to offer the assets as guarantees for the debt. Who the ferk knows but one thing I can guarantee, it will not be pretty.

@hibs.net private member bawheid's Avatar
    How many medals did MacKay win in his career again?

However many it was, I'm sure he'd swap them ALL to get Romanov out of Hearts.

Someone must have that ridiculous picture of him dressed like a traffic warden trying to sell STs a few years ago...

Blog Entries

Never one to miss a photo opporchancity oor Gaz. Here he is listening to NWA.

@hibs.net private member
    Iliked this quote in The Herald which begs the question Did Fat Jim Really Know?

"We’re struggling and I tried to sort it out a couple of weeks ago by bringing in a left-back. I tried to solve the problem a couple of weeks ago with you know who but we couldn’t so we’ll have to persevere with what we’ve got."
    Jim Jefferies, Hearts manager

Link here http://www.heraldscotland.com/sport/...ll-2-1.1057645

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by bawheid View Post
    How many medals did MacKay win in his career again?

However many it was, I'm sure he'd swap them ALL to get Romanov out of Hearts.

Someone must have that ridiculous picture of him dressed like a traffic warden trying to sell STs a few years ago...
    Gary waiting for Robbo's to open......

Unless yer eh trying to launder £55m - surely not!

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: gringotodd
    Quote Originally Posted by Filled Rolls View Post
    Poor McYam, I'm almost feeling sorry for the thick racist. He's been a Patsy in all of this, along with 399,999 others.
    An avid Private Eye reader, Mr Rolls?

@hibs.net private member HibbyAndy's Avatar
    How did the return of the Messiah that is Rudi Skacel perform on Saturday? I take it he got 4 hat-tricks and got MOM?

Skacel should never have returned to Hearts because he is NOWHERE NEAR the player he was when he left 1st time around.

Wont be long before he gets booed off the park and the Dumbo's are questioning why he ever returned.

It will all end in tears, Like '86'

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by The_Todd View Post
    An avid Private Eye reader, Mr Rolls?
    No, it's all an original idea of mine.