hibs.net Messageboard

David Haye agrees to defend his WBA title against......

Audley Harrison!

Not one to get me excited i'm afraid although i'm sure it will attract a healthy crowd.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Testimonial Due RoslinInstHibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Audley Harrison!

Not one to get me excited i'm afraid although i'm sure it will attract a healthy crowd.
    nonsense match up, Haye will knock him out in the 1st round

@hibs.net private member Hibbie_Cameron's Avatar
    If there is one person i cant stand in sport its Big Audrey Harrison

I can understand someone with and ego or big head such as Ali or to a lesser extent Haye but Harrison is a deluded clown.

Wont be a great contest but im certainly looking forward to seeing Big Audrey hit the canvas, hopefully in the first round

Left by mutual consent!
    everything appears to be in Haye's favour - he attacks like a swarm of wasps and big A is fairly cap on the backfoot.

Saw them standing together today though and there is a big difference in body size.

The price quoted for a A-Force KO win is 10/1 which is worth a wee punt as no doubting he is capable, it's the application's his problem.

@hibs.net private member Hibbie_Cameron's Avatar
    Just saw some of Harrison's quotes including this gem

"I have sparred with him hundreds of times and he has never hurt me or knocked me out once"

I wonder why A-Farce

Haye'll pummel him

Quote Originally Posted by The_Quiet_Man View Post
    Haye'll pummel him
    This could be the end of Audreys "career". He'll get demolished by Haye

Must remember though that he won the Heavyweight prizefighter a while back against a few good amateurs.

Quote Originally Posted by Toaods View Post
    everything appears to be in Haye's favour - he attacks like a swarm of wasps and big A is fairly cap on the backfoot.

Saw them standing together today though and there is a big difference in body size.

The price quoted for a A-Force KO win is 10/1 which is worth a wee punt as no doubting he is capable, it's the application's his problem.
    I think Audley has a punchers chance. He's a big guy who hits fairly hard and Hayes chin has been found wanting before against much smaller guys. He's also a pretty skilled boxer who is technically sound. Unfortunately he has the heart of a mouse and no bottle whatsoever. Hayes got power, attacks in swarms as you say, doesn't move in straight lines anymore and hits very, very hard. When Haye comes at him, Harrison will go into his shell and revert to type as he has done so many times before.

Looking back at their last few fights it almost impossible to pick anything other than a Haye win.

Hayes last 5 fights:
    Mormeck- Won by stoppage in 7 to in the WBA, WBC and Ring cruiserweight titles

Maccarinnelli- Won by stoppage in 2 to add the WBO title

Barrett- Won by stoppage in 5, had Barrett down 3 times before the stoppage and was down himself

Valuev- Won by split decision won the WBA heavyweight title, very good backfoot performance against a unique opponent

Ruiz- Won by stoppage in 9. Had him down 4 times, a great stoppage against a man who had only been stopped once before 14 years previosuly.

He also blasted journeyman Tomasz Bonin out in 1 round at heavyweight prior to the Mormeck fight.

Harrisons last 5:
    Michale Sprott- Won by KO in 12. Outboxed for long spells but was carrying an injury, fighting a journeyman with 14 losses on his record at the time.

Coleman Barrett- Won by stoppage in 2, won the prizefighter tournament. Decent win but against a oxer who had only had 10 fights at the time.

Danny Hughes- Won by unanimous decision, win against a nobody.

Scott Belshaw- Won by stoppage in round 2, fighting a boxer with 3 losses at the time in only 13 fights.

Martin Rogan- Lost by decision. Lost against a lovely big guy whos a decent brawler but heavyweight contenders don't lose to men who are still working as taxi drivers.

there are not many boxers currently deserving of a shot at a title but Harrison getting a shot is a joke. Either Ruslan Chagaev(who i believe is the mandatory) or David Tua would have made for better match ups.

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Rich Tea12
    would have liked to see haye, Tua.... much more appealing!