hibs.net Messageboard

Page 93 of 407 FirstFirst ... 43839192939495103143193 ... LastLast
Results 2,761 to 2,790 of 12186

Talking

Enjoy the game lads! Looks like it'll be a good one, just saw the Jacksonville cheerleaders on C4

Oh and Go Rams!

2. Log in to remove the advert

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Euphoria1875
    Hope all those going today enjoy themselves

To those at wemberly have a good one! Mon the Rams ;)

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Well they cut off RedZone again, if anyone knows a decent link to that or the Packers game please PM me

Oh and what is up with the Jets? Miami 17-0 up!

45 unanswered points... That is how a real quarterback plays, not something the Jets would know!

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

The guy on redzone saying new England have already taken off to avoid the hurricane

I'm just on my way home from a gig. Please tell me ESPN are having a laugh and we didn't get cuffed 30-9 at home to the Miami freaking Dolphins and their backup quarterback?

Thank God basketball returns next week! Let's go St Johns!

Quote Originally Posted by AyrshireHibs View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I'm just on my way home from a gig. Please tell me ESPN are having a laugh and we didn't get cuffed 30-9 at home to the Miami freaking Dolphins and their backup quarterback?

Thank God basketball returns next week! Let's go St Johns!
    Matt Moore is a decent QB, proved that last season IMO.

Is that the 3rd game at home this season you havent scored a TD?

EDIT: Sorry I am wrong. It is just the 2nd game!
    Last edited by Haymaker; 28-10-2012 at 10:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gatecrasher View Post
    The guy on redzone saying new England have already taken off to avoid the hurricane
    Guy on NFL round up just said they are leaving at 5am London.

Quote Originally Posted by Haymaker View Post
    Matt Moore is a decent QB, proved that last season IMO.

Is that the 3rd game at home this season you havent scored a TD?
    There was me thinking we had a TD and a safety tonight

SF shut us out at home - that's it as far as I can recall. Definately had TDs against Houston, Buffalo and Indy.

There was me thinking we had a TD and a safety tonight

SF shut us out at home - that's it as far as I can recall. Definately had TDs against Houston, Buffalo and Indy.
    You defo scored a FG as you were like 27-3 at one point IIRC. You might have scored a TD and then had the PAT blocked?

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: HibsMax
    Miami D did me proud yesterday. Nice backup. :-)

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: sjmcg1304
    Had a great day out at Wembley yesterday but was quite surprised in the end by how easy we ran out winners.

After their opening drive and decent progression in their next possession to get back to back first downs with ease, I genuinely thought they were going to cut through our defense at will and we would have had a shoot out, but a combination of our defense waking up and St Louis penalties resulted in a pretty easy game in the end.

To watch Tom Brady flowing like that, finding pass after pass was a joy to witness. My only complaint was that the crowd were quite subdued throughout. I don't know if the lack of segregation perhaps nullifies any chance for an atmosphere but even before the Pats started to run away, there was very little atmosphere indeed.

Tempted to head down for one of the two games again next year as they should be good match-ups. Genuine pleasure to be able to see my team playing again for the first time in a few years! It is a genuine shame for you Jets fans that you've not had the pleasure yet. It was quite clear yesterday from the tops quite how large a support you have in the UK! Hopefully they come over at some point so I can turn up and boo them with the same venom which was being aimed at us last night (but all as good banter ).
    Madness, as you know, is a lot like gravity. All it takes is a little push.

@hibs.net private member Scooter's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by The Story So Far... View Post
    Had a great day out at Wembley yesterday but was quite surprised in the end by how easy we ran out winners.

After their opening drive and decent progression in their next possession to get back to back first downs with ease, I genuinely thought they were going to cut through our defense at will and we would have had a shoot out, but a combination of our defense waking up and St Louis penalties resulted in a pretty easy game in the end.

To watch Tom Brady flowing like that, finding pass after pass was a joy to witness. My only complaint was that the crowd were quite subdued throughout. I don't know if the lack of segregation perhaps nullifies any chance for an atmosphere but even before the Pats started to run away, there was very little atmosphere indeed.

Tempted to head down for one of the two games again next year as they should be good match-ups. Genuine pleasure to be able to see my team playing again for the first time in a few years! It is a genuine shame for you Jets fans that you've not had the pleasure yet. It was quite clear yesterday from the tops quite how large a support you have in the UK! Hopefully they come over at some point so I can turn up and boo them with the same venom which was being aimed at us last night (but all as good banter ).
    I would agree re the crowd the biggest cheer was for Boris Johnson. But there was a few jets but that was the second biggest cheer when the scoreboard showed jets getting pumped

Gamer IDs

Week 8 Scores and Standings

Tampa Bay 36-17 Minnesota
    Chicago 23-22 Carolina
    Cleveland 7-6 San Diego
    Detroit 28-24 Seattle
    Green Bay 24-15 Jacksonville
    Indianapolis 19-13 Tennessee (OT)
    New England 45-7 St Louis
    Miami 30-9 NY Jets
    Atlanta 30-17 Philadelphia
    Pittsburgh 27-12 Washington
    Oakland 26-16 Kansas City
    NY Giants 29-24 Dallas
    Denver 34-14 New Orleans

MNF: San Francisco @ Arizona

Standings (from ESPN)

NFC East

NY Giants 6-2
    Philadelphia 3-4
    Dallas 3-4
    Washington 3-5

NFC North

Chicago 6-1
    Minnesota 5-3
    Green Bay 5-3
    Detroit 3-4

NFC South

Atlanta 7-0
    Tampa Bay 3-4
    New Orleans 2-5
    Carolina 1-6

NFC West

San Francisco 5-2
    Arizona 4-3
    Seattle 4-4
    St Louis 3-5

==============================================

AFC East

New England 5-3
    Miami 4-3
    Buffalo 3-4
    NY Jets 3-5

AFC North

Baltimore 5-2
    Pittsburgh 4-3
    Cincinnati 3-4
    Cleveland 2-6

AFC South

Houston 6-1
    Indianapolis 4-3
    Tennessee 3-5
    Jacksonville 1-6

AFC West

Denver 4-3
    San Diego 3-4
    Oakland 3-4
    Kansas City 1-6

Good to see us back on top of the division.

Gamer IDs

Good to see us back on top of the division.
    I don't see that changing to be honest. Houston and 9ers will be tough but I don't see anything scary other than that.

I'm thinking of maybe doing the Vikings game. We should organize a Hi-Bee road trip and all get together for one of them. Only problem is we'd need to bring the wives as my Mrs ain't gonna miss a weekend in London. Which reminds me, hows married life? Did you notice the best team in college ball have now moved up to number 6? As for the Jets, don't even get me started . We did score a TD in the 4th quarter though .

Quote Originally Posted by DH1875 View Post
    I'm thinking of maybe doing the Vikings game. We should organize a Hi-Bee road trip and all get together for one of them. Only problem is we'd need to bring the wives as my Mrs ain't gonna miss a weekend in London. Which reminds me, hows married life? Did you notice the best team in college ball have now moved up to number 6? As for the Jets, don't even get me started . We did score a TD in the 4th quarter though .
    Pie the women off with a shopping trip to Harrods or someit while we blokes go to the game?

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Glad you enjoyed yourself, did you see Train, I saw them on Sky they seemed pretty good

Falcons v Patriots Super Bowl?

The NFC division champs look pencilled in already. Giants, Bears, Falcons and 49ers (if they win tonight) all have nice healthy leads and we're not even at the halfway point yet..

First Team Regular Falkirk Hibby's Avatar
    I have to agree with The Story.....

Great evening, but the atmosphere was a little flat and got more so as the game wore on. As a Pats fan it was fantastic to the see the team in the flesh again and the flow of Brady and the offence was sublime to watch. But to be honest after their first 2 drives the Rams did very little and the contest suffered as a result.

....and the ONLY good thing about the Jets is the colour of the uniform.

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: CalvinoHFC PSN ID: CalvinoHFC
    I'm still high on adrenaline after yesterday. Just such a fantastic experience! Going to try and do both matches next year.

My bank account has taken a major hit from all the NFL merchandise and beer I bought.

Enjoy the game lads! Looks like it'll be a good one, just saw the Jacksonville cheerleaders on C4

Oh and Go Rams!
    I'm not bitter or anything but , NO DANGER I was going this year to watch that. Like I said, will go back next year but the thought of sitting in a stadium full of patsies watching their team hump the Rams was the stuff nightmares are made off.

Quote Originally Posted by HibsMax View Post
    I don't see that changing to be honest. Houston and 9ers will be tough but I don't see anything scary other than that.
    Are you blind .
    Pie the women off with a shopping trip to Harrods or someit while we blokes go to the game?
    You can send yours to Harrods. Mine will go to Tesco and meet yours after. Was thinking more along the lines of them going for diner or something and wee could meet them afterwards and head out. We could all meet up on the Saturday night for a drink and then on the Sunday the women can hit the shops,sites while we're at the game (or in TSSF case go to the game). Then we can all meet up afterwards and go out. We could even arrange to get tickets and stuff together. Just a thought and maybe something we can look at next year.

God do I hate this BBC redbutton crap. Has anyone ever been to Phoenix?

Gamer IDs

You can send yours to Harrods. Mine will go to Tesco and meet yours after. Was thinking more along the lines of them going for diner or something and wee could meet them afterwards and head out. We could all meet up on the Saturday night for a drink and then on the Sunday the women can hit the shops,sites while we're at the game (or in TSSF case go to the game). Then we can all meet up afterwards and go out. We could even arrange to get tickets and stuff together. Just a thought and maybe something we can look at next year.
    If I go next year, there's no danger the wife wouldn't come - she loves the sport as much as me! Married life is grand thus far, cheers - honeymoon was perfect and London is a great city with tons to do.

Ohio State have certainly turned a lot around since last year - only seen the highlights from the weekend but you look formidable and I'm certainly NOT looking forward to the game at the end of November as you'll destroy us

Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by Gatecrasher View Post
    Glad you enjoyed yourself, did you see Train, I saw them on Sky they seemed pretty good

Falcons v Patriots Super Bowl?
    Yeah, that was a great wee bonus to be honest! I love Train and hadn't seen them live before so that was a great wee bonus to an already grand day!

I still don't see us reaching the Superbowl in all honesty - we destroyed a poor St Louis team but our weaknesses are there for all to see.

I said at the started I fancied a Houston vs San Francisco Superbowl - I still fancy it'll be Houston from the AFC but Atlanta must also be a strong consideration for the NFC.

Gamer IDs

Are you blind .
    Nope.

bye
    Bills (3-4)
    Colts (4-3)
    @Jets (3-5)
    @Dolphins (4-3)
    Texans (6-1)
    9ers (6-2)

@Jaguars (1-6)
    Dolphins (4-3)

Who else should the Pats be scared of after the bye week?

Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by HibsMax View Post
    Nope.

bye
    Bills (3-4)
    Colts (4-3)
    @Jets (3-5)
    @Dolphins (4-3)
    Texans (6-1)
    9ers (6-2)

@Jaguars (1-6)
    Dolphins (4-3)

Who else should the Pats be scared of after the bye week?
    In my pessimistic frame of mind, I don't think any of those will be easy games TBH.

Gamer IDs

In my pessimistic frame of mind, I don't think any of those will be easy games TBH.
    Well I didn't say they would be "easy" games but I feel those teams pose less of a threat than the Texans and 9ers.