hibs.net Messageboard

Page 8 of 407 FirstFirst ... 6789101858108 ... LastLast
    4 on special teams? Jesus!

I still think we can get the play offs this year, we can take the Vikes, probably steelers... Colts is always going to be a tough one and the Lions game is winnable. Have to agree that sometimes Bills calls are strange!

2. Log in to remove the advert

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Euphoria1875
    Just finished watching the Packers v Vikings game,

I worked really hard at not finding out the score and it was worth it with a nail biter at the end

joint top of NFC North now, not doing ad considering everything happened this season so far

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: sjmcg1304
    Quote Originally Posted by Gatecrasher View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Just finished watching the Packers v Vikings game,

I worked really hard at not finding out the score and it was worth it with a nail biter at the end

joint top of NFC North now, not doing ad considering everything happened this season so far
    Yep - here's hoping you can keep your winning streak going next weekend too and help us out a bit, whilst we can hopefully scratch your back at the same time, by beating the Vikings in Foxborough - wonder if Favre will be fit to play against us next week, with 2 fractures in his ankle....

Final result for the week:

New York Giants 41-35 Dallas Cowboys

NFC East

NY Giants 5-2
    Washington 4-3
    Philadelphia 4-3
    Dallas 1-5

Looks like you were possibly right Jimmy - Giants doing things quietly, yet effectively.
    Madness, as you know, is a lot like gravity. All it takes is a little push.

Quote Originally Posted by The Story So Far... View Post
    Yep - here's hoping you can keep your winning streak going next weekend too and help us out a bit, whilst we can hopefully scratch your back at the same time, by beating the Vikings in Foxborough - wonder if Favre will be fit to play against us next week, with 2 fractures in his ankle....

NFC East

NY Giants 5-2
    Washington 4-3
    Philadelphia 4-3
    Dallas 1-5

Looks like you were possibly right Jimmy - Giants doing things quietly, yet effectively.
    Howa about them Cowboys

Jerry looked DEEEEEEElighted! Good! He's a prick.

Anyway, yes and no Scott, they could have smashed Dallas tonight, I mean properly crushed them into the dust. They recovered well after a horrible start and deserved to win as they absolutely dominated and I'm not sure 35 points for Dallas shows how pathetic they were. Smashing Romo up obviously played a huge part.

Bryant was the only Cowgirls player to come out that game with any credability. Ok Romo goes down, but it's up to your other big guys to step up and help out your backup QB. They were simply awful.

Saying that, I'm not 100% convinced about our offence yet either. Defence will do me, they gave up 20 points for 55 yards at one point. From 2 interceptions and a punt return. Not a massive issue, very few teams have Bryants ability to return punts like that. They are excellent at pass rushing as well. Fewell has worked wonders so far.

Bradshaw is a beast, as Jabobs finally looks to be playing a part. I just wish they'd cut out the stupid fumbles. ah who cares 5-2, and the Cowboys won't be going to their own superbowl party at 1-5 and no Romo for a few weeks.

We have a bye week next week and play Dallas at new Giants stadium in three weeks I think. If Romo is still out that should result in another win. So then we're looking for 4 more, probably 5 more wins no including the other Dallas game to be sure. I'm no convinced against the real big sides yet tho.
    Last edited by Just Jimmy; 26-10-2010 at 09:41 AM.

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

NFC East

NY Giants 5-2
    Washington 4-3
    Philadelphia 4-3
    Dallas 1-5

Favre looked bad towards the end of the game right enough, Ill take a pack - pat win next sunday no problem

As long as the Bears lose as well

Favre looked bad towards the end of the game right enough, Ill take a pack - pat win next sunday no problem

As long as the Bears lose as well
    no 100% but I think Cutler gets a week off from getting sacked this week. They have a bye I think.

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by wee_mad_mental_hibby View Post
    no 100% but I think Cutler gets a week off from getting sacked this week. They have a bye I think.
    cheers, at least its a chance (even if its a tough one) to get a game ahead

Anyone going to Wembley on sunday? I cant wait to see another proper game live, last years was fantastic (being a Pats fan of course!) so I am hoping for a good atmosphere, experience and hopefully game although both sides dont look very good this year!

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by Haymaker View Post
    Anyone going to Wembley on sunday? I cant wait to see another proper game live, last years was fantastic (being a Pats fan of course!) so I am hoping for a good atmosphere, experience and hopefully game although both sides dont look very good this year!
    i dont have the funds, maybe next year (if they come back)

is it still a 6pm KO? the packers jets game KO at that time, so i might only have half an eye on it.

Think it is 5pm KO!

Gamer IDs

Think it is 5pm KO!
    6pm - listed as 1pm ET on ESPN's website.

Didn't fancy it this year - 2 very poor teams chosen - I understand the fans in the USA not wanting to lose one of the big rivalry games to overseas audience (imagine they exported the Edinburgh derby to play an overseas game in China?!), but it would be superb to see a Giants vs Jets, Jets vs Pats, Packers vs Vikings, Raiders vs Chargers or the likes come to Wembley (or indeed a.n.other suitable stadium!)

6pm - listed as 1pm ET on ESPN's website.

Didn't fancy it this year - 2 very poor teams chosen - I understand the fans in the USA not wanting to lose one of the big rivalry games to overseas audience (imagine they exported the Edinburgh derby to play an overseas game in China?!), but it would be superb to see a Giants vs Jets, Jets vs Pats, Packers vs Vikings, Raiders vs Chargers or the likes come to Wembley (or indeed a.n.other suitable stadium!)
    True, the teams chosen are poor, luckily I got to see the Patriots play in the flesh last year! And a good victory too.

Im going to enjoy the game, I will hopefully be in NYC next summer till the beginning of September so might be able to catch a pre-season game or two out there... Cant wait.

I still think we can get the play offs this year, we can take the Vikes, probably steelers... Colts is always going to be a tough one and the Lions game is winnable. Have to agree that sometimes Bills calls are strange!
    Use are a shoe in for the playoffs. Obviously the Jets will take the division but a wild card is def yours. Like I've said before, I'd love to see a Jets v Patriots championship game.

Ill take a pack - pat win next sunday no problem
    I won't .

Has to be a Jets win. LT is in great form and for some reason you seem to be struggling with the run this year. In general I've nothing against the Packers. Big AJ fan with him being a Buckeye and wouldn't mind if they do quite well this year(just not against us).

the packers jets game KO at that time, so i might only have half an eye on it.
    Half an eye? It's more than I'll have on it. I'm just not feeling it at all and be honest if it wasn't been played in the UK it would be the least intresting match up of the weekend.
    Can't see me ever going back for a game unless it's to see a handful of teams.

Think it is 5pm KO!

Word of the wise people. Games kick off at 5pm and 8pm this week cause the clock's go back on Sat night.

One for you'se Wolverines,

Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by DH1875 View Post
    Use are a shoe in for the playoffs. Obviously the Jets will take the division but a wild card is def yours. Like I've said before, I'd love to see a Jets v Patriots championship game.
    I admire your cocki...sorry, confidence

Has to be a Jets win. LT is in great form and for some reason you seem to be struggling with the run this year. In general I've nothing against the Packers. Big AJ fan with him being a Buckeye and wouldn't mind if they do quite well this year(just not against us).
    Yep, can't see anything other than a Jets win - offense on fire just now, especially LT - expect you to steamroll them in the Meadowlands in all honesty. Would love to be wrong obviously...

Half an eye? It's more than I'll have on it. I'm just not feeling it at all and be honest if it wasn't been played in the UK it would be the least intresting match up of the weekend.
    I'm in the same boat - I've been down and done it, but I wouldn't go unless it was the Pats again - there's just not anywhere near the same atmosphere/experience as games in the US and the setting of Wembley isn't brilliant (stadium is alright, but surroundings don't make for a good "pre-game" setup. I'm off over to New England next year - hoping to go in late November for a match-up in the snow!

Word of the wise people. Games kick off at 5pm and 8pm this week cause the clock's go back on Sat night.
    Ah sugar, I forgot about the clocks going back - cheers DH!

Gamer IDs

One for you'se Wolverines,

Awesome DH - cheers for posting!

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

I won't .

No doubt Jets are hot faves for this one, With half the defence out and the main running back out for the season we will be lucky to reach the play-offs. BUT there is still some cracking players (Rodgers, Driver, Jennings, Mathews, Hawk, Collins etc) in the team, enough to pull a shock

As for the Wembley game - half an eye? i meant when the adverts are on the packers@Jets game

Can't wait to see what a week's rest has done for our secondary and for LT. Hopefully Holmes can do some damage this week too.

Two other things I'd love to see this weekend, Moss coming back to haunt the Brady Bunch and Dallas going 1-6

Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by AyrshireHibs View Post
    Can't wait to see what a week's rest has done for our secondary and for LT. Hopefully Holmes can do some damage this week too.

Two other things I'd love to see this weekend, Moss coming back to haunt the Brady Bunch and Dallas going 1-6
    I love how bitter you are

I love how bitter you are
    I think my dislike for New England and Dallas is both entirely reasonable and acceptable.

This college football is nuts, Alabama lost the other week and so automatically fall to 8th in these polls I've been looking at. Surely you don't stop being the best college football team overnight? From what I've read nobody is convinced that Auburn or Oregon are that legit either.

Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by AyrshireHibs View Post
    I think my dislike for New England and Dallas is both entirely reasonable and acceptable.

This college football is nuts, Alabama lost the other week and so automatically fall to 8th in these polls I've been looking at. Surely you don't stop being the best college football team overnight? From what I've read nobody is convinced that Auburn or Oregon are that legit either.
    I dislike the Jets as much as any Pats fan, but I'm mature enough to avoid calling you names

These polls are all pure opinion - I'd agree with you, that despite their rather embarrassing loss the other week, the Crimson Tide are probably still the best side in the NCAA - I also find it quite laughable that Ohio State are currently ranked 11th! They HAVE to be in the top 3...

Auburn will be dethroned soon enough - I'm not optimistic for Michigan today, as we're away to visit Joe Paterno and the Penn State Nittany Lions

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Iowa 17 Mich ST. 0

watching the gators game 7-7 with georgia just now

Gamer IDs

Iowa 17 Mich ST. 0

watching the gators game 7-7 with georgia just now
    Now Iowa 30-0 MSU

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Now Iowa 30-0 MSU
    Another undefeated going down,

Georgia have pressed the self destruct button and its 21-7 to Florida

update: Ole Miss 14-14 up on Auburn

Another Update: Georgia 24-24 Florida
    Last edited by Gatecrasher; 30-10-2010 at 10:44 PM.

Gamer IDs

Not surprised to see we lost to Penn State last night - quite happy to see we put some numbers on the board again right enough, but our shaky defense is going to make it a long end to the season.

Not looking forward to the Ohio State game ONE bit, after they put more big numbers on the board vs Minnesota.

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Exclamation Do the games not start at 17:00 GMT because of the clocks going back

ESPN NFL Countdown starts an hour early today

I admire your cocki...sorry, confidence
    You know it makes sence . Pats @ Jets championship game in the snow would be right up there. Raven's could be a problem but I reckon we could take em.

Not surprised to see we lost to Penn State last night - quite happy to see we put some numbers on the board again right enough, but our shaky defense is going to make it a long end to the season.

Not looking forward to the Ohio State game ONE bit, after they put more big numbers on the board vs Minnesota.
    I am .
    Thought that we had blown it and prob still have but the way teams are dropping who know's.

ESPN NFL Countdown starts an hour early today
    Not long know till use get beat. Going to watch the game so might pop back on later to bask in the glory. Course if we get beat might not be back on till next week .

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Not long know till use get beat. Going to watch the game so might pop back on later to bask in the glory. Course if we get beat might not be back on till next week .
    GO PACK GO!!!!!!

Pats win now Please

Gamer IDs

GO PACK GO!!!!!!

Pats win now Please
    What a f***ing weekend for us both!

9-0 - seriously?!?!

See you in a week DH

How the **** did that happen . Our recievers had better get the finger out and learn how to play the game and wtf happened to our running game. Can't believe we throw it away and how anyone who gets shut out can be considerd superbowl contenders is beyond me. Still that's what being a Jets fan is all about and I guess I've got what I deserve this week.
    On a plus point think we've got the Lions next week so all isnt lost just yet.

Seen that Favre started the game tonight. As much as I hate him some of our (Hibs ) players should have a look at themselves. Broken ankle indeed.