hibs.net Messageboard

Page 7 of 406 FirstFirst ... 567891757107 ... LastLast
    good win for the Giants, last two weeks have shown a MASSIVE improvement with the defence and Nicks looks awesome so far. His drops will come as he gains more experience. Eventually he will be unplayable!

2. Log in to remove the advert

These late nights are bloody killing me. Know it's only an hour but roll on the clocks going back. Will be intresting to see Holmes in a Jets jersey now that Sanchez is throwing the ball. As for Revis, he better pull it together after all his crap in the summer. If Moss tears him a new one again he better think about giving some of that money back.
    Just getting ready for kick-off. Heres hoping i make it through the 1st quarter and wake up in the morning to a win.

AAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHH FFS. Game has been delayed cause of lightning .

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Euphoria1875
    Quote Originally Posted by DH1875 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    AAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHH FFS. Game has been delayed cause of lightning .
    I take it you watched MNF?

This is me just in work so there was no chance for me

How was the game?

(of course i typed this knowing full well your probably shattered in your bed after staying up to watch it )

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: sjmcg1304
    Just finished watching the highlights. Jets look like they'll be very strong contenders indeed for the Superbowl this year.

Strong offensive performance, though ironically, despite scoring 29 points, the biggest play was probably the defensive one which stopped Farve getting his fourth rallying TD of the night.

The Vikings offense highlighted some of the weaknesses in the Jets' D, but they really do look a strong team. You guys must be happy, as that's all 3 divisional rivals and a fairly ambitious Minnesota team you've downed since the rather poor start vs the Ravens.

We're only 5 weeks in now, but my prediction for the Superbowl is shaping up to be:

NY Jets/Baltimore Ravens vs Chicago Bears/Atlanta Falcons
    Madness, as you know, is a lot like gravity. All it takes is a little push.

On holiday this week so managed to catch the MNF game. The Vikings were dreadful in the first half and we really should have had them dead and buried by then. Sanchez was making good throws and decisions however the weather was playing havoc with the ball.I thought the defence was exceptional although Revis looked a bit suspect against Harvin at times. I think over the piece we deserved the win, good sign when you aren't at your best and are still fairly comfortable.

Quote Originally Posted by The Story So Far... View Post
    Just finished watching the highlights. Jets look like they'll be very strong contenders indeed for the Superbowl this year.

Strong offensive performance, though ironically, despite scoring 29 points, the biggest play was probably the defensive one which stopped Farve getting his fourth rallying TD of the night.

The Vikings offense highlighted some of the weaknesses in the Jets' D, but they really do look a strong team. You guys must be happy, as that's all 3 divisional rivals and a fairly ambitious Minnesota team you've downed since the rather poor start vs the Ravens.

We're only 5 weeks in now, but my prediction for the Superbowl is shaping up to be:

ravens v giants

I'd be surprised if the Giants made the playoffs never mind the superbowl.

Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by AyrshireHibs View Post
    I'd agree with that - they've looked fairly awful in the occasions I've seen them and don't have much in way of depth.

If asked to stick my neck out, I'd opt for Ravens vs Bears just now, but it's still early doors!

They always say "offense wins games, defense wins championships" - if that rings true, they may as well hand the Vince Lombardi trophy to Baltimore right now.

Quote Originally Posted by AyrshireHibs View Post
    I'd agree with that - they've looked fairly awful in the occasions I've seen them and don't have much in way of depth.

If asked to stick my neck out, I'd opt for Ravens vs Bears just now, but it's still early doors!

They always say "offense wins games, defense wins championships" - if that rings true, they may as well hand the Vince Lombardi trophy to Baltimore right now.
    Neither off you are wrong, and I backed Baltimore at 16/1 to win it at the start of the season. However I just have a gut feeling about the Giants, no one expected anything in 2007 either. Depending on injuries and productivity from the recieving core, and if Jacobs can put being second choice behind him and do what he does best, they can go far. The defence has looked excellent in the last two weeks without Kiwinuka. Who knows?

Baltimores D looks nasty...

I hope for the Pats to be in the final (obviously) but cant see beyond Jets or Ravens representing in the final. Not sure who against however.

Quote Originally Posted by Gatecrasher View Post
    I take it you watched MNF?

This is me just in work so there was no chance for me

How was the game?

(of course i typed this knowing full well your probably shattered in your bed after staying up to watch it )
    Didn't make it . Ended up crashing just after the start of the 3rd. Fricking New York weather ment game didn't kick-off till 2.15 . Seems that I ended up missing a lot of action and couldn't believe it when I found out the score. From what I seen the Vikings looked poor and Favre was unbelievably p**h. He looked totally out of his debt so to hear he turned it round 4th quarter was a real surprise. I still got to say the've made a big mistake bringing him back this season (especially on the money he's on).

I'm more than happy. Been following the Jets for close on 25 years. You being a Pats fan will be well aware that for most of these we've no been very good. This was the first season in a long time that I actually thought to myself we had a chance of the superbowl (if ever). I'm still not 100% on the left side of our O-Line but other than that we are looking in good shape. If LT can keep it up for the season we have every chance of making it. I know it's said every week but what a pick up he is proving to be. Our running game was good last year and I thought it was a mistake letting Jones go but not any more. Got my order for a new LT jersey in.
    We've got to be happy with how it's all going. Even our defeat against the Ravens was more down to us. We never got going and if anything it was the penalties that cost us. Thing we had something like 12 on the def alone. In saying that I still reckon they could still pip us. Or hows about a Pats @ Jets championship game, in the snow:. Think you are certs for a wildcard and it would be an all time classic.
    As for the NFC I reckon you right on the money with the Falcons although I've a wee fancy for the Cardinals. Giants have NO chance.

Quote Originally Posted by DH1875 View Post
    I'm more than happy. Been following the Jets for close on 25 years. You being a Pats fan will be well aware that for most of these we've no been very good. This was the first season in a long time that I actually thought to myself we had a chance of the superbowl (if ever). I'm still not 100% on the left side of our O-Line but other than that we are looking in good shape. If LT can keep it up for the season we have every chance of making it. I know it's said every week but what a pick up he is proving to be. Our running game was good last year and I thought it was a mistake letting Jones go but not any more. Got my order for a new LT jersey in.
    We've got to be happy with how it's all going. Even our defeat against the Ravens was more down to us. We never got going and if anything it was the penalties that cost us. Thing we had something like 12 on the def alone. In saying that I still reckon they could still pip us. Or hows about a Pats @ Jets championship game, in the snow:. Think you are certs for a wildcard and it would be an all time classic.
    As for the NFC I reckon you right on the money with the Falcons although I've a wee fancy for the Cardinals. Giants have NO chance.
    I hope LT is saving some for Denver on Sunday, if he and Greene are on it then we could be in for a very good win against a suspect Broncos line up. You've obviously been a Jet fan for a lot longer than me but even I find it slightly surreal seeing us so highly rated by everyone!

Gamer IDs

TV Schedule This Week!

ESPN America - Sat. 5pm - Boston College @ Florida State **LIVE
    ESPN America - Sun. 7am - Arkansas @ Auburn
    ESPN America - Sun. 9.30am - Ohio State @ Wisconsin
    ESPN America - Sun. 12pm - Texas @ Nebraska

The final playoffs of the MLB are live on ESPN America this weekend, hence the only one live game being broadcast. For anyone interested:

ESPN America - MLB - Sat. 9pm - New York Yankees @ Texas Rangers
    ESPN America - MLB - Sun. 12.45am - San Francisco Giants @ Philadelphia Phillies

NFL

SS4 - Sun. 5.30pm - Miami Dolphins @ Green Bay Packers
    SS4 - Sun. 9pm - Dallas Cowboys @ Minnesota Vikings
    CH4 - Mon. 1am - Washington Redskins @ Indianapolis Colts
    ESPN - Tue. 1.30am - Tennessee Titans @ Jacksonville Jaguars

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

ESPN America - Sat. 5pm - Boston College @ Florida State **LIVE
    ESPN America - Sun. 7am - Arkansas @ Auburn
    ESPN America - Sun. 9.30am - Ohio State @ Wisconsin
    ESPN America - Sun. 12pm - Texas @ Nebraska

The final playoffs of the MLB are live on ESPN America this weekend, hence the only one live game being broadcast. For anyone interested:

ESPN America - MLB - Sat. 9pm - New York Yankees @ Texas Rangers
    ESPN America - MLB - Sun. 12.45am - San Francisco Giants @ Philadelphia Phillies

NFL

SS4 - Sun. 5.30pm - Miami Dolphins @ Green Bay Packers
    SS4 - Sun. 9pm - Dallas Cowboys @ Minnesota Vikings
    CH4 - Mon. 1am - Washington Redskins @ Indianapolis Colts
    ESPN - Tue. 1.30am - Tennessee Titans @ Jacksonville Jaguars
    Thanks for the info, watch the Pack on the big screen for once

Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by Gatecrasher View Post
    Thanks for the info, watch the Pack on the big screen for once
    I'll have to settle for the laptop again, but Michigan are playing Iowa, which is being covered in the US by ABC and ESPN, so I should at least get a decent online feed.

I'm quite surprised the Baltimore @ New England game isn't being shown on Sky, but again, I should manage to get a good feed!

Last night, No. 25 West Virginia beat South Florida 20-6 in one of the most one-sided games I've seen in a long while - surprised there were only 2 scores in it!

Gamer IDs

Well, 2 defeats on the bounce, but a decent rally against a very powerful Iowa side. I did envisage us hitting a wall in the second half of the season so I'm not overly surprised we're on a bit of a sliding slope just now.

On another matter:

No 1. Ohio State University 18-31 No 18. Wisconsin

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Well, 2 defeats on the bounce, but a decent rally against a very powerful Iowa side. I did envisage us hitting a wall in the second half of the season so I'm not overly surprised we're on a bit of a sliding slope just now.

On another matter:

No 1. Ohio State University 18-31 No 18. Wisconsin
    Boise St. to take it all

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Needed to beat Miami last night especially after chicago losing to seattle, no chance of play-offs unless the injuries get fit and chicago implode

Gamer IDs

BOOM! Baltimore's unbreakable D hits the skids, with the Patriots downing them in Foxborough, in overtime!

Absolutely stoked - we played BRILLIANTLY yesterday, especially slowing down the rushing offense of the Ravens. At one point, we trailed 20-10, but Brady (who didn't have his best game, getting picked twice) found Deion Branch for a TD, before the FG took us into OT, which was won following another successful conversion by Gotskowski!

HUGE result for us, especially with the Jets getting a very good win in Mile High.

Gamer IDs

Week 6 Roundup

Scores

Seattle Seahawks 23-20 Chicago Bears
    Miami Dolphins 23-20 Green Bay Packers (OT)
    St Louis Rams 20-17 San Diego Chargers
    Baltimore Ravens 20-23 New England Patriots (OT)
    New Orleans Saints 31-6 Tampa Bay Bucs
    New York Giants 28-20 Detroit Lions
    Philadelphia Eagles 31-17 Atlanta Falcons
    Pittsburgh Steelers 28-10 Cleveland Browns
    Houston Texans 35-31 Kansas City Chiefs
    San Francisco 49'ers 17-9 Oakland Raiders
    New York Jets 24-20 Denver Broncos
    Minnesota Vikings 24-21 Dallas Cowboys
    Indianapolis Colts 27-24 Washington Redskins

MNF: Tennessee Titans @ Jacksonville Jaguars

NFC East

NY Giants 4-2
    Philadelphia 4-2
    Washington 3-3
    Dallas 1-4

NFC North

Chicago 4-2
    Green Bay 3-3
    Minnesota 2-3
    Detroit 1-5

NFC South

Atlanta 4-2
    New Orleans 4-2
    Tampa Bay 3-2
    Carolina 0-5

NFC West

Arizona 3-2
    Seattle 3-2
    St Louis 3-3
    San Fran 1-5

================================================== ======

AFC East

NY Jets 5-1
    NE Pats 4-1
    Miami 3-2
    Buffalo 0-5

AFC North

Pittsburgh 4-1
    Baltimore 4-2
    Cincinnati 2-3
    Cleveland 1-5

AFC South

Houston 4-2
    Indianapolis 4-2
    Jacksonville 3-2
    Tennessee 3-2

AFC West

Kansas City 3-2
    Oakland 2-4
    Denver 2-4
    San Diego 2-4

Going to be a long season for Panther/Bills fans...

Pittsburgh, Jets and Patriots are the only teams with one loss and otherwise healthy records.

Gamer IDs

Been a quiet ol' thread this week!

Good game last night between No. 2 Oregon and UCLA - finished:

2. Oregon 60-13 UCLA

Not so much a good close contest, but some of the Oregon offense was unstoppable!

Schedule for the Weekend - NCAA:

ESPN America - 5.00pm (Sat) - Michigan State @ Northwestern

(no game at 8.00pm as game 6 of the NLCS between the Giants and the Phillies is on, with the Giants having the chance to seal their place in the World Series. That's followed by the New York Yankees @ Texas, with Texas also having a chance to book their place).

ESPN America - 7.00am (Sun) - Notre Dame @ Navy
    ESPN America - 9.00am (Sun) - unspecified game
    ESPN America - 12.00pm (Sun) - unspecific game

Schedule - NFL:

Sky Sports 2 - 6.00pm (Sun) - St Louis Rams @ Tampa Bay Bucs
    Sky Sports 2 - 9.00pm (Sun) - New England Patriots @ San Diego Chargers

Channel 4 - 1.00am (Mon) - Minnesota Vikings @ Green Bay Packers
    ESPN - 1.30am (Tue) - New York Giants @ Dallas Cowboys

Been out of the game and missed all of last weeks action. Can't believe we blew it against Wisconsin still there's always next year. Games on the big ten network this week so might struggle for a link as last one I had got shut down . Think I'm going to go down the baseball route tonight and see if the Yankees can turn things around. That and with the Jets having no game it should be another quite weekend.

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Northwestern v Michigan ST. game is good 17-14 to Northwestern 8:30 in the 3rd Northwestern with the ball

Gamer IDs

There's only one word to sum up my feeling about our win yesterday vs San Diego - "phew".

We looked so comfortable at one stage, leading 23-6, but a well executed TD, followed by another after recovering the onside kick left us staring at 23-20 with 2 minutes to go.

Belichick REALLY confuses me with some of his play calls though and he was lucky to get away with another last night. If anyone recalls the New England @ Indianapolis game last year, Pats leading with 2 to go, facing 4th and 1 on the half way line. Instead of punting and forcing the Colts to drive the field if they wanted to score, they went for it, failed to get it and ended up losing. Last night, with the ball in a similar spot, he done it again and failed again, meaning San Diego just had to get into FG territory.

They did just that and set up for a 45 yard FG attempt. Prior to the snap, a false start penalty was called, meaning the penalty extended to 50 yards, which resulted in the miss.

That was a HUGE win for us out West last night - San Diego are number one ranking for total offense and total defense in the country, so it baffles why they're in the position they're in.

The amount of stupid mistakes they made last night cost them the win and I feel a little bit lucky we got out of there with the victory. That sort of heart-stopping finale is not advisable before going to bed!

Gamer IDs

Week 7 Update

Atlanta Falcons 39-32 Cincinnati Bengals
    Washington Redskins 17-14 Chicago Bears
    Tampa Bay Bucs 18-17 St Louis Rams
    Carolina Panthers 23-20 San Francisco 49'ers
    Baltimore Ravens 37-34 Buffalo Bills (OT)
    Tennessee Titans 37-19 Philadelphia Eagles
    Kansas City 42-20 Jacksonville Jaguars
    Pittsburgh Steelers 23-22 Miami Dolphins
    Cleveland Browns 30-17 New Orleans Saints
    Seattle Seahawks 22-10 Arizona Cardinals
    New England Patriots 23-20 San Diego Chargers
    Oakland Raiders 59-14 Denver Broncos
    Green Bay Packers 28-24 Minnesota Vikings

MNF: New York Giants @ Dallas Cowboys

Nice to see both teams playing at Wembley next weekend have received confidence shattering losses, with Denver being hammered by Oakland and San Francisco falling to 1-6 after losing to a previously-without-a-win Carolina Panthers - should be a storming game....I sincerely hope they prove me wrong and it's a proper shootout.

Standings

NFC East

NY Giants 4-2
    Washington 4-3
    Philadelphia 4-3
    Dallas 1-4

NFC North

Chicago 4-3
    Green Bay 4-3
    Minnesota 2-4
    Detroit 1-5

NFC South

Atlanta 5-2
    Tampa 4-2
    New Orleans 4-3
    Carolina 1-5

NFC West

Seattle 4-2
    Arizona 3-3
    St Louis 3-4
    San Francisco 1-6

================================================== ====

AFC East

NY Jets 5-1
    NE Pats 5-1
    Miami 3-3
    Buffalo 0-6

AFC North

Pittsburgh 5-1
    Baltimore 5-2
    Cincinnati 2-4
    Cleveland 2-5

AFC South

Tennessee 5-2
    Houston 4-2
    Indianapolis 4-2
    Jacksonville 3-4

AFC West

Kansas City 4-2
    Oakland 3-4
    Denver 2-5
    San Diego 2-5

Leaving only the Bills without a win out of all the teams in the NFL. Be interesting to see if the Giants can topple the Cowboys in Dallas tonight, which would leave them utterly no chance of making the postseason already. As I mentioned in my previous post, the position of San Diego is a puzzle - they're nowhere near as bad as their record suggests - it's like the entire AFC West is upside down from how the teams usually place.

The race for the wildcard is already looking tasty in both divisions, with the better records being held in the AFC, with 3 teams at 5-1.

Scott, do you agree that our defense seems to come apart late in the game? This season we seem to be losing TDs late on an luckily holding on a few times... I only get the highlights sadly so maybe I am mistaken.

Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by Haymaker View Post
    Scott, do you agree that our defense seems to come apart late in the game? This season we seem to be losing TDs late on an luckily holding on a few times... I only get the highlights sadly so maybe I am mistaken.
    They seem to be getting "comfortable" after we seem to get any kind of lead and start defending quite passively - they sit off, waiting for the pass to come, but are being easily run over if the other side have a decent RB.

We do seem to have been a bit of a one-half team this season, but we are getting away with it. I also think we're struggling a little with penalties, which is probably the result of having so many rookies in our starting lineup. The amount of times we gave up holding, false start or personal foul penalties last night was getting infuriating!

They seem to be getting "comfortable" after we seem to get any kind of lead and start defending quite passively - they sit off, waiting for the pass to come, but are being easily run over if the other side have a decent RB.

We do seem to have been a bit of a one-half team this season, but we are getting away with it. I also think we're struggling a little with penalties, which is probably the result of having so many rookies in our starting lineup. The amount of times we gave up holding, false start or personal foul penalties last night was getting infuriating!
    I dont see many of the penalities with the highlights so I cant comment on those but you are right with the Rookies, we have so many!

Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by Haymaker View Post
    I dont see many of the penalities with the highlights so I cant comment on those but you are right with the Rookies, we have so many!
    Yet, considering they're rookies, they've looked really comfortable in their first season!

Penalties are destined to kill us unless we can get one of the coaches to sort them out! In the first 5 minutes of the 1st quarter, there were 4 penalties called on our special teams, which considering how infrequently the special teams are on the park, is pretty damned impressive!

We have some BIG games coming up which we need to be winning - the good part in that, is that we have another 4 games in the next 2 months which will probably be covered on Sky - vs Minnesota (next weekend), @ Pittsburgh (14 Nov), vs Indianapolis (21 Nov), @ Detroit (25 Nov, Thanksgiving game 1).