hibs.net Messageboard

Page 6 of 406 FirstFirst ... 456781656106 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by AyrshireHibs View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    God how much do I love LT

LT was different class. First time he's gone over 100 yards since 0ct 08.

Thought it was an allround good display but you got to remember it was against the Bills. How poor are they and how they managed to push the Pats so close is beyond me. Still a great result in terms that the Dolphins and the Patriots play tonight. A bit early for must win games but who ever loses this one could already be out of the running.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: sjmcg1304
    New England Patriots 41-14 Miami Dolphins

Oooft! What a SUPERB display last night! Simply breathtaking offense and gave very little up in response! And above ALL else, how utterly sensational were our special teams - Danny Chung and Brandon Tate - Chung blocks a punt and a field goal and returned both for the TD. Brandon Tate took the opening kickoff in the second half and took it from end to end!

That'll do me nicely! I didn't expect to win either game on the road in the last 2 weeks, but that's a HUGE result for us last night, especially before our free week next week, then a home tie against the most brutal defense in the NFL right now.

Arguably, 2 of our hardest rivals are out the way, both on the road, and I'd heavily fancy our chances of beating both the Jets and Dolphins in Foxborough later in the season.

AFC East

New York Jets 3-1
    New England Patriots 3-1
    Miami Dolphins 2-2
    Buffalo Bills 0-4
    Last edited by Sylar; 05-10-2010 at 07:07 AM.
    Madness, as you know, is a lot like gravity. All it takes is a little push.

New England trade Randy Moss to the Vikings for a 3rd round draft pick...

... I actually cannot believe this. I know he wasnt happy with his contract situation but a 3rd round pick?! For Moss? Still has plenty left in the tank even at 33.

Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by Haymaker View Post
    New England trade Randy Moss to the Vikings for a 3rd round draft pick...

... I actually cannot believe this. I know he wasnt happy with his contract situation but a 3rd round pick?! For Moss? Still has plenty left in the tank even at 33.
    I'll be honest, though he might still do decent things in Minnesota, I've not been impressed with him this season and I'm going to guess his team-mates have been having issues too, as Brady hasn't looked for him all too often this season.

I'm not exactly sure on his numbers, but I'm fairly sure he's still in single figures for catches this season, and didn't receive anything on Monday night.

3rd round pick isn't a terrible trade either. Hopefully we can put it to good use and bring in a decent backup running back or QB. It's a shame Denard Robinson isn't a senior at Michigan yet, or I'd be touting him to follow Brady to Foxborough!

I think the Moss trade works for both outfits. Pats are stacked with good draft slots next year.

Vikings now have; Moss and Rice wide, Harven in the slot, AP at half back with sicano (sp) and of course old father time at QB. Superbowl or bust!

Quote Originally Posted by The Story So Far... View Post
    I'll be honest, though he might still do decent things in Minnesota, I've not been impressed with him this season and I'm going to guess his team-mates have been having issues too, as Brady hasn't looked for him all too often this season.

I'm not exactly sure on his numbers, but I'm fairly sure he's still in single figures for catches this season, and didn't receive anything on Monday night.

3rd round pick isn't a terrible trade either. Hopefully we can put it to good use and bring in a decent backup running back or QB. It's a shame Denard Robinson isn't a senior at Michigan yet, or I'd be touting him to follow Brady to Foxborough!

Having looked at it more, we apparently have 2 picks in each of the 1,2,3,4th round so could work out well for us.

He hasnt appeared much this season that is true but he is a big game player and has the experience. Welker will lead the line well with Tate no.2 but Tate is only really starting his pro career this season after injury ended his first season early (although Tate is looking some player from returns!).

Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by Haymaker View Post
    Having looked at it more, we apparently have 2 picks in each of the 1,2,3,4th round so could work out well for us.

He hasnt appeared much this season that is true but he is a big game player and has the experience. Welker will lead the line well with Tate no.2 but Tate is only really starting his pro career this season after injury ended his first season early (although Tate is looking some player from returns!).
    His calibre is unquestionable, no doubt, but he hasn't been a big-game player since early last season. He's been utterly non-existent since this season started - not because of injury/not playing - he's been on the park, but not finding space or running routes quickly enough to get into a spot where Brady can find him.

His TD vs the Jets in the Meadowlands is probably the only thing of note he's really achieved this season. I wish him well, but won't dwell on him going.

We're in a great position to build a team for the future and our draft picks, plus our current depth of squad is VERY encouraging!

Thumbs Down

absolutely miffed that ESPN American aren't showing any games live next weekend, as it's the opening weekend of the NHL - not that I mind the NHL starting again, but I'm a bit pissed it's at the expense of a cracking Big Ten game!
    Do you know if this is going to be a regular thing? Really hope not. Don't mind a bit of NHL but it's a bit like baseball for me, in that they play to many games and I can't get to excited until the run in for the play-offs.

Ha Ha, keep dreaming mate. If he keeps it up and becomes the player we think he will he is a shoe in to be a first round draft pick. So unless your Pats want to start having some really, really bad season's (1990 )he's a cert for some where like the Raiders or the Rams.

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Euphoria1875
    rankings, with Michigan State being ranked 16, prior to next weeks matchup in Ann Arbor, which should be a cracker - absolutely miffed that ESPN American aren't showing any games live next weekend, as it's the opening weekend of the NHL - not that I mind the NHL starting again, but I'm a bit pissed it's at the expense of a cracking Big Ten game!
    no NCAA this weekend?

Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by DH1875 View Post
    Do you know if this is going to be a regular thing? Really hope not. Don't mind a bit of NHL but it's a bit like baseball for me, in that they play to many games and I can't get to excited until the run in for the play-offs.

Ha Ha, keep dreaming mate. If he keeps it up and becomes the player we think he will he is a shoe in to be a first round draft pick. So unless your Pats want to start having some really, really bad season's (1990 )he's a cert for some where like the Raiders or the Rams.
    I'm guessing it's just because it's the opening weekend in all honesty and a lot of the games are being played in Europe just now. A lot of the NHL games are normally evenings, whereas the NCAA has games on at 12.00pm and 3.30pm ET (5.00pm and 8.30pm), so it SHOULD just be this weekend. There are games being shown "as live" on the Sunday morning.

As per the above post, we have picks in the 1st, 2nd AND 3rd rounds in the next draft, so you never know - I'd rather avoid watching us going back to the bottom of the barrel again - besides, the Lions seem quite comfortable down there just now. Robinson is still 2 years away from being drafted by anyone anyway - in all seriousness, I reckon he'll have his pick of franchises interested in his services. He should go for an early pick though.

Quote Originally Posted by Gatecrasher View Post
    no NCAA this weekend?
    Not on ESPN anyway - pop adthe.net into google, and click on the first link - there's a link at the top of the page with "Live Sports" and their streams are second to none! I'm avoiding posting the link, as no doubt admin will go spare, but it broadcasts channels like NBC, ABC, CBS, ESPN, which we simply can't get over here anyway.

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

I'm guessing it's just because it's the opening weekend in all honesty and a lot of the games are being played in Europe just now. A lot of the NHL games are normally evenings, whereas the NCAA has games on at 12.00pm and 3.30pm ET (5.00pm and 8.30pm), so it SHOULD just be this weekend. There are games being shown "as live" on the Sunday morning.

As per the above post, we have picks in the 1st, 2nd AND 3rd rounds in the next draft, so you never know - I'd rather avoid watching us going back to the bottom of the barrel again - besides, the Lions seem quite comfortable down there just now. Robinson is still 2 years away from being drafted by anyone anyway - in all seriousness, I reckon he'll have his pick of franchises interested in his services. He should go for an early pick though.

Not on ESPN anyway - pop adthe.net into google, and click on the first link - there's a link at the top of the page with "Live Sports" and their streams are second to none! I'm avoiding posting the link, as no doubt admin will go spare, but it broadcasts channels like NBC, ABC, CBS, ESPN, which we simply can't get over here anyway.
    Ill prob do that probably a better choice of games as well

His calibre is unquestionable, no doubt, but he hasn't been a big-game player since early last season. He's been utterly non-existent since this season started - not because of injury/not playing - he's been on the park, but not finding space or running routes quickly enough to get into a spot where Brady can find him.

His TD vs the Jets in the Meadowlands is probably the only thing of note he's really achieved this season. I wish him well, but won't dwell on him going.

We're in a great position to build a team for the future and our draft picks, plus our current depth of squad is VERY encouraging!
    While he hasnt popped up enough to win us yards so far, he still has that ability to pull off something incredible like the one handed catch against the Jets... I just feel our receivers are weaker with his leaving. Welker was always going to be the #1 this season and onwards but I fear our other options (Tate being our #2) are inexperienced and therefore weak if we are going to go a long way this season.

However, our ground game is encouraging and with the multi choices on the ground and Welker in the air... we might be ok...

I just feel like we have lost a serious weapon in trading moss.

Ill prob do that probably a better choice of games as well

Come a Saturday there are loads of games live on line, you just got to know where to look.

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

im watching the Tennessee @ Georgia game just now

im watching the Tennessee @ Georgia game just now
    Just watched the Buckeyes band wagon roll on. Getting set for Michigan v Michigan State. Moan the Spartan's .

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Just watched the Buckeyes band wagon roll on. Getting set for Michigan v Michigan State. Moan the Spartan's .
    me as well , i have a good stream if yours isnt that good

me as well , i have a good stream if yours isnt that good
    Cheers mate but I've always got a good un . Games a bit poor though.

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Cheers mate but I've always got a good un . Games a bit poor though.
    picking up a bit now

Gamer IDs

Tight game and not the best spectacle - happy we're on top right now.

In a bit of a MASSIVE shock, South Carolina are 21-3 up on the 'Bama Crimson Tide!

Holy hell!

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

do any of you guys do the College game day picks on facebook?

its difficult to make picks when i go to hibs games but im 13-5 so far this season

Tight game and not the best spectacle - happy we're on top right now.

What game you watching .
    Remind me Gatecrasher who's your team?

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

What game you watching .
    Remind me Gatecrasher who's your team?
    iv not really got a college team TBH, i followed Virginia Tech a bit last season but never really took to them.

Like that call there, going for it on fourth down. Although they just messed it right up.

Gamer IDs

I've seen the Spartans three times now this season - vs Notre Dame (with their fantastic fake field-goal call in OT to win), last week vs Wisconsin, and today. They are one very impressive team, and I'm not overly ashamed by how convincingly they're going to win this football game.

They're simply better than us.

Oh well, roll on next week :)

Have to admit I'm getting quite in to this college football lark - Alabama trailing as we speak! Having lost 42-0 last week, Marist have just thumped Valparaiso 51-7 - never a dull moment it appears!

Quote Originally Posted by AyrshireHibs View Post
    Have to admit I'm getting quite in to this college football lark - Alabama trailing as we speak! Having lost 42-0 last week, Marist have just thumped Valparaiso 51-7 - never a dull moment it appears!
    How they doing this season? Have you had a chance to see any of their game time yet?

Just highlights and snippets here and there - they're never going to be on college game day anytime soon. 2-3 (1-2) so far. I dont think I will read much into todays result as the Crusaders seem to be the division's whipping boys.
    Looking forward to the returns of 10 and 24 on Monday!

Gamer IDs

NFL - Week 5

It was nice to be able to watch the games yesterday without stressing about catching the Pats game for a change, as we had a bye this week

Results - Week 5

Jacksonville Jaguars 36-26 Buffalo Bills
    Tampa Bucanneers 24-21 Cincinnati Bengals
    Atlanta Falcons 20-10 Cleveland Browns
    Detroit Lions 44-6 St Louis Rams (Hands up who saw THAT coming??? - St Louis must be dreadful!)
    Indianapolis Colts 19-9 Kansas City Chiefs
    Washington Redskins 16-13 Green Bay Packers (OT)
    Chicago Bears 23-6 Carolina Panthers
    Baltimore Ravens 31-17 Denver Broncos
    New York Giants 34-10 Houston Texans
    Arizona Cardinals 30-20 New Orleans Saints (Another surprise!)
    Oakland Raiders 35-27 San Diego Chargers
    Tennessee Titans 34-27 Dallas Cowboys
    Philadelphia Eagles 27-24 San Francisco 49'ers

MNF: Minnesota Vikings @ New York Jets

NFC East

Washington 3-2
    Philadelphia 3-2
    NY Giants 3-2
    Dallas 1-3

NFC North

Chicago 4-1
    Green Bay 3-2
    Minnesota 1-2
    Detroit 1-4

NFC South

Atlanta 4-1
    Tampa Bay 3-1
    New Orleans 3-2
    Carolina 0-5

NFC West

Arizona 3-2
    Seattle 2-2
    St Louis 2-3
    San Francisco 0-5

==================================================

AFC East

NY Jets 3-1
    NE Pats 3-1
    Miami 2-2
    Buffalo 0-5

AFC North

Baltimore 4-1
    Pittsburgh 3-1
    Cincinnati 2-3
    Cleveland 1-4

AFC South

Houston 3-2
    Jacksonville 3-2
    Indianapolis 3-2
    Tennessee 3-2

AFC West

Kansas 3-1
    Oakland 2-3
    San Diego 2-3
    Denver 2-3

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

You know what i love about all this?

All the teams beat each other

as for green bay, there are only so many injuries you can get in any sport without it falling to bits at some point with losing some key players yesterday i think we could be lucky to reach the play-offs

Gamer IDs

You know what i love about all this?

All the teams beat each other

as for green bay, there are only so many injuries you can get in any sport without it falling to bits at some point with losing some key players yesterday i think we could be lucky to reach the play-offs
    I already reckon you've no chance in all honesty. Chicago will probably win the division, and the wild card will undoubtedly come from the NFC South division, with both the Saints and Bucs being contenders.