hibs.net Messageboard

Page 404 of 407 FirstFirst ... 304354394402403404405406 ... LastLast
Results 12,091 to 12,120 of 12187
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Euphoria1875
    What a win last night for GB! Lots of folk talking about the no DPI call but not about the BS call on Mahomes that put them in that position in the first place. At least it evened out! GPG!

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member cabbageandribs1875's Avatar
    the first 1:25am game this season that i've fallen asleep before it ( looked forward to it all day as well woke up at 10 to five

i knew Jets would win again some time :) Houston 6 NYJ 30 4-8

GB miss out on a win at NYG.

Play off hopes are even slimmer now.

exciting last Q in the GB @ Panthers game, GB leading 30-16 and Panthers clawed it back to 30-30, GB kicking a FG with less than a min remaining 33-30 panthers get a great 1st down but just fail to make it when the clock went 00:00

@hibs.net private member Lancs Harp's Avatar
    Go Lions!

First divisional title for 30 years!!

Jets survive the commanders comeback to win 30-28

just need Philly to win tomorrow night and my three fav teams win in the same week, don't think that happens very often :)

Play offs secured for Miami. One more win sees us take the division. We got away with one on the last drive, officials missed a clear penalty but I'll take it.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Play offs secured for Miami. One more win sees us take the division. We got away with one on the last drive, officials missed a clear penalty but I'll take it.
    Really exciting game and brilliant ending for us. Was a nice early hours Christmas present.

Thought the officials called one or two wrong for each side throughout, but didn’t think we were undeserved winners in the end. To be fair, the fettle Sanders was in last night, I think fins were going ahead as soon as they got to the half way line 😁

A proper team now. Hopefully 49ers win tonight rolling onto two big tests for us and hopefully a huge January 🐬🐬🐬

two TD's(both takeaways) in 7 seconds for Raiders @Chiefs 17-7 5 mins remaining in the 2ndQ

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: sjmcg1304
    There are currently 8 managerial vacancies in the NFL, including New England, who part ways with Coach Belichick after 24 years in charge. I'm definitely sad, but I remember a time before him and TB, and I definitely feel it's the right time to clear the decks after an abysmal season.

I'm still on a bit of a high after seeing my alma mater win the National Championship at the start of the week
    Madness, as you know, is a lot like gravity. All it takes is a little push.

Has anyone watched the sky sports highlights next morning rather than live game? Are they fairly comprehensive?

Bit of a dilemma for the fins game. I usually always insist on watching my teams live but swaying towards recording, avoiding the score and watching early morning with ability to skip all breaks.

I’m out on Sunday and could do without being knackered and useless like I usually am after sitting up watching NFL. Just wondering if highlights may be an option.

I think recording and being in control is probably best… just as long as I make sure I view from the start and don’t spoil the whole thing!!

Quote Originally Posted by Sylar View Post
    There are currently 8 managerial vacancies in the NFL, including New England, who part ways with Coach Belichick after 24 years in charge. I'm definitely sad, but I remember a time before him and TB, and I definitely feel it's the right time to clear the decks after an abysmal season.

I'm still on a bit of a high after seeing my alma mater win the National Championship at the start of the week
    I was pretty close to tears myself watching Pete Carrolls emotional final press conference for the Seahawks. Just an alltime great coach and genuine good guy and finally brought the big prize back to a constantly failing franchise.

The Huskies are my second college team so i was disappointed the Wolverines won. But for UW to even be the second ranked team nationally was an incredible story, ill be watching Penix’s NFL career with interest. He’ll go in the first round to someone.

Bears Vikings and Jaguars all confirmed as playing in London in 2024, opponents to be announced in the Spring.

It's probably too complicated to explain so I shouldn't bother asking but how come a team with a better record ends up playing away from home in the play offs? For example, Cleveland (11-6) played and lost away to Houston (10-7).

Quote Originally Posted by DaveF View Post
    It's probably too complicated to explain so I shouldn't bother asking but how come a team with a better record ends up playing away from home in the play offs? For example, Cleveland (11-6) played and lost away to Houston (10-7).
    Because the division winners get a premium. Houston won their division, whereas Cleveland had to make do with the lower seed because they finished behind Baltimore in a far tougher division.

Obviously Houston were spectacular last night but i thought the standard this season has been relatively poor and theres a fair few playoff teams that wouldnt have made it in previous seasons. Some teams cant really be blamed because of a slew of injuries (Browns and Dolphins particularly) but theres a few ropey outfits since they expanded the playoffs, some shocking missed tackles on defence and complete breakdowns on offense. The Ravens Cowboys and 49ers have been the most consistent performers, but lots of teams have been streaky and unpredictable.

Quote Originally Posted by hibsbollah View Post
    Because the division winners get a premium. Houston won their division, whereas Cleveland had to make do with the lower seed because they finished behind Baltimore in a far tougher division.

Obviously Houston were spectacular last night but i thought the standard this season has been relatively poor and theres a fair few playoff teams that wouldnt have made it in previous seasons. Some teams cant really be blamed because of a slew of injuries (Browns and Dolphins particularly) but theres a few ropey outfits since they expanded the playoffs, some shocking missed tackles on defence and complete breakdowns on offense. The Ravens Cowboys and 49ers have been the most consistent performers, but lots of teams have been streaky and unpredictable.
    Miami have had ridiculous issues with injuries for years now. Every week for the last few seasons our injury report has been about twice the length of our opponents week on week. It's something that I'm certain will be looked at when the season is reviewed.

It's really cost us this year. I think we ended up using 12 different combination on the offensive line in 18 games. Liam Eichenberg who is a pretty poor left tackle has played centre for the last few games and he's even poorer in that position. Losing Jaelen Phillips, Bradley Chubb and then the criminally underrated Andrew Van Ginkel left us with Melvin Ingram being promoted from the practice squad to take his first snaps of the season in a play off game.

Disappointing end to a season that promised a lot. Work to be done in the off season for sure. A few big contracts to be tied up. We need a big bruising running back to be added and a proper old school tight end. When good defenses take away our speed there isn't a clear plan B and C. 2 strong additions in those positions would help. We also need to move on from Xavien Howard at cornerback. He was elite bit he's perennially injured and those injuries have caught up with him. He's on elite money and he's just not elite anymore. Finally I think Tua has earned his fifth year option but beyond that there may still be question marks. If the right QB was available in a years time then we might look to deal.
    Last edited by Pretty Boy; 14-01-2024 at 06:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post
    Miami have had ridiculous issues with injuries for years now. Every week for the last few seasons our injury report has been about twice the length of our opponents week on week. It's something that I'm certain will be looked at when the season is reviewed.

It's really cost us this year. I think we ended up using 12 different combination on the offensive line in 18 games. Liam Eichenberg who is a pretty poor left tackle has played centre for the last few games and he's even poorer in that position. Losing Jaelen Phillips, Bradley Chubb and then the criminally underrated Andrew Van Ginkel left us with Melvin Ingram being promoted from the practice squad to take his first snaps of the season in a play off game.

Disappointing end to a season that promised a lot. Work to be done in the off season for sure. A few big contracts to he tied up. We need a big bruising running back to be added and a proper old school right end. When good defenses take away our speed there isn't a clear plan B and C. 2 strong additions in those positions would help. We also need to move on from Xavien Howard at cornerback. He was elite bit he's perennially injured and those injuries have caught up with him. He's on elite money and he's just not elite anymore. Finally I think Tua has earned his fifth year option but beyond that there may still be question marks. If the right QB was available in a years time then we might look to deal.
    I think you have one of the best coaches around, possibly the most explosive receiver in history and a quality WR2 too, a strong zone running game and a very good D especially the dline, if healthy. With all the talent elsewhere i think Tua only needs to be 7/10 for Miami to go deep in the playoffs very soon. He always seems to take 3-5 steps, quick release and a guys always open because of the scheming McDaniels has employed .

But you cant establish anything with those zone schemes without a powerful line on both sides of the ball and the injuries have ****ed you there.
    Last edited by hibsbollah; 14-01-2024 at 05:28 PM.

2 mins remaining in the 2nd Q and i for one didn't see this one coming

Packers 20 Cowboys 0

oh boy an interception make that another packers TD 27-0

Cowboys pull one back right on HT :( 27-7

end of 3rd 41-16

FT 48-32 49ers next up for packers
    Last edited by cabbageandribs1875; 14-01-2024 at 11:57 PM.

Rams Lions could go either way at this point half way through the 3rd quarter 24-17 Lions with the Rams in the red zone.. both Goff and Stafford showing great poise. Best game of the playoffs so far

Go Lions ...... at long long last.

Quote Originally Posted by Lancs Harp View Post
    Go Lions ...... at long long last.
    Booooooooo gutted for The Rams followed them since 1982 but pleased for Detroit after such a long wait to end their play off hoodoo. Like to see them go all the way now.

Buffalo Bills asking for help again this weekend before game v the kansas city swifties on sunday, don't see what the problem is :)

Packers out but ran it close.

Not dissappointed as I didn’t expect them to get this far in a rebuilding season but they look like they’re coming on to a game and Love looks like a player now.

Aaron who?!

Backing Baltimore to go all the way!

https://www.google.co.uk/search?sca_...cZdWkuXK0,st:0

Quote Originally Posted by Colr View Post
    Packers out but ran it close.

Not dissappointed as I didn’t expect them to get this far in a rebuilding season but they look like they’re coming on to a game and Love looks like a player now.

Aaron who?!

Backing Baltimore to go all the way!

https://www.google.co.uk/search?sca_...cZdWkuXK0,st:0
    Packers were incredibly unlucky imo.

The momentum swung when that kick was missed.

Excellent second half to the season and a couple of good performances in the play offs.

They can very much be looking forward to next season.

This time Lions, this time.

Lions bullied the Buccs upfront. Sets up a very tasty NFC championship game.
    So far, the Bills doing the same to the Chiefs,10-6 in the 2nd q. If i was them id just keep running the ball.

Chiefs at Ravens coming up shortly.

and Lions at Whiners at 11:30.

Winners go to the Superbowl.

mon Ravens & 49ers

Wow, Lamar ties it up at 7, what a play.