hibs.net Messageboard

Page 344 of 406 FirstFirst ... 244294334342343344345346354394 ... LastLast
Results 10,291 to 10,320 of 12180
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: CalvinoHFC PSN ID: CalvinoHFC
    Quote Originally Posted by hibsbollah View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I hope you enjoyed your trip to Chicago Calvin (its not Soldier Field anymore is it?)
    Absolutely loved Chicago. By far my favourite American city now.

The game, not so much.

On the train to Seattle now. 29 hours down, 19 to go...

2. Log in to remove the advert

I love it too. I've got good mates there, sadly more consumed by the Cubbies than football though. One of the few us cities I'd move to.

First Team Regular StevesFamau5's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: ImFamau5nStuff
    What's everyone's thoughts on the College football playoffs this year, Alabama again? *yawn* or does anyone else think that LSU or Ohio could mount a challange? I don't think Clemson is a finalist this year. IMO it's 1. Bama, 2. Georgia, 3. Ohio, 4. LSU.

But then again the Brown's just won.... So maybe UCF is in the playoffs 😂😂

NFL/NCAA (American Football)

Quote Originally Posted by StevesFamau5 View Post
    What's everyone's thoughts on the College football playoffs this year, Alabama again? *yawn* or does anyone else think that LSU or Ohio could mount a challange? I don't think Clemson is a finalist this year. IMO it's 1. Bama, 2. Georgia, 3. Ohio, 4. LSU.

But then again the Brown's just won.... So maybe UCF is in the playoffs
    LSU has on paper 3winnable games against LA Tech Ole Miss and the Gators that would be us 6-0 with Georgia Mississippi ST and then those ala ****ing bama dicks next up . Geaux Tigers
    Last edited by NOLA; 22-09-2018 at 11:39 AM.

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: sjmcg1304
    Quote Originally Posted by Calvin View Post
    Absolutely loved Chicago. By far my favourite American city now.

The game, not so much.

On the train to Seattle now. 29 hours down, 19 to go...
    Quote Originally Posted by hibsbollah View Post
    I love it too. I've got good mates there, sadly more consumed by the Cubbies than football though. One of the few us cities I'd move to.
    Really? I never felt a lot of love for Chicago. Escape the confines of the "touristy" middle part of the city and it can very rapidly become dodgy. There's a reason it's the murder capital of America.

Quote Originally Posted by StevesFamau5 View Post

But then again the Brown's just won.... So maybe UCF is in the playoffs 😂😂
    I fancy Ohio State to mount a genuine challenge this year. They're obliterating everyone they're coming up against and look the real deal. They've utterly no challenge in the Big10, so it'll need to be external competition that genuinely challenges them.

While I'd love to say Stanford, we've not really played a big school yet - tonight will be a challenge, away from The Farm in Oregon.

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: CalvinoHFC PSN ID: CalvinoHFC
    Quote Originally Posted by Sylar View Post
    Really? I never felt a lot of love for Chicago. Escape the confines of the "touristy" middle part of the city and it can very rapidly become dodgy. There's a reason it's the murder capital of America.
    I’m genuinely surprised to hear that - of my 4 days, two were in the north/northwest side of the city and it was absolutely grand... but my judgement may have been clouded by going on the piss with Tim Wheeler from Ash.

Going to Washington v Arizona State tonight if the sheer amount of breweries here doesn’t have its way first.

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Euphoria1875
    What a game between Stanford and Oregon last night. Stanford come back from 17 points Down to win in OT.

Miami offence has been awful so far. D, and some questionable Raiders decision making, is keeping us in the game.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

Boom. We finally throw the ball on 3rd and 9 and get a touchdown going deep on a simple route.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

Watts going on with the Texans? My tip for the AFC are slipping to 0-3.

2 shocking penalties in the Miami game. Centre makes a legitimate block and it’s called as holding then on the next play a pass to the TE sees a flag thrown against Kenny Stills for pass interference when he tried to avoid contact and the defender ran into him. A potential 1st and goal became 3rd and 19 and a sack saw us out of FG range.

Vikings having a shocker

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What a play by the Dolphins. Double reverse play action, WR Wilson throws the pass and Grant breaks a tackle for the touchdown.

Xavien Howard with another huge interception in the end zone. Should be a game winner.

Touchdown Miami 2 plays later. The Raiders must have fitness issues as they have totally gassed in the 4th 3 games in a row.

Jon. Gruden.

$10m.

Gamer IDs

Jimmy G carted off, Gurley with a fumble already...

A fantasy bust of a week!

Thought we showed some immense character to keep in the game against Oregon yesterday. We’re not a top 5 team, but its been a great start to this season.
    Madness, as you know, is a lot like gravity. All it takes is a little push.

@hibs.net private member Hibbie_Cameron's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post
    Touchdown Miami 2 plays later. The Raiders must have fitness issues as they have totally gassed in the 4th 3 games in a row.
    Two great touchdowns for us to turn things round. Tannehill is 10-1 for his last 11 matches, incredible when you consider how much he's slagged off (even amongst his own fans)

Also want to see this team get a bit of praise this week wont hold my breath though

Quote Originally Posted by Hibbie_Cameron View Post
    Two great touchdowns for us to turn things round. Tannehill is 10-1 for his last 11 matches, incredible when you consider how much he's slagged off (even amongst his own fans)

Also want to see this team get a bit of praise this week wont hold my breath though
    Tbh I don't think we played particularly well today. Our run game was non existent against one of the weakest rush defences in the league and the secondary gave away a lot of yards when we had the Raiders under pressure.

But...considering how decimated the D line was, some atrocious officating and that we were deservedly behind at the half we deserve huge credit for digging in and getting the win. Wake and Howard pulled it out the bag with the pressure and turnover and we capitalised. I've been a critic of Tannehill but he is looking good this year with some protection.

Pats away next week which will be a real test of where we are as a team. I'm looking forward to it and I haven't said that about a trip to NE in a while.

@hibs.net private member Hibbie_Cameron's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post
    Tbh I don't think we played particularly well today. Our run game was non existent against one of the weakest rush defences in the league and the secondary gave away a lot of yards when we had the Raiders under pressure.

But...considering how decimated the D line was, some atrocious officating and that we were deservedly behind at the half we deserve huge credit for digging in and getting the win. Wake and Howard pulled it out the bag with the pressure and turnover and we capitalised. I've been a critic of Tannehill but he is looking good this year with some protection.

Pats away next week which will be a real test of where we are as a team. I'm looking forward to it and I haven't said that about a trip to NE in a while.
    I didn't think we were great either, just think a team that was tipped as one of the worst deserve some credit for going 3-0.

3-0 is where it will end though, no way we will win next week

Quote Originally Posted by Haymaker View Post
    Jon. Gruden.

$10m.
    He’s the main reason I want the raiders to tank. Thinks he’s a rock star

Quote Originally Posted by NOLA View Post
    He’s the main reason I want the raiders to tank. Thinks he’s a rock star

I work "in the trade" (although different sports) but it always pisses me off that someone who's been away from front line coaching (or ANY form coaching) can waltz back into jobs so easily.

In my sport it ****s me off that people get head coaching jobs because they played professional when most of them couldn't break down a simple passing pattern!!!

If this Patriots D could tackle someone that would be great.

First Team Breakthrough Fisherrow Harp's Avatar
    Matt Stafford, thoughts? For what it’s worth think the Lions have been excellent first half!

First Team Breakthrough Fisherrow Harp's Avatar
    Great play from the Pats for the touchdown there. Two men on front, half back out of the back field, nice.

Well... something needs to change

Gamer IDs

I felt last season we started to show some cracks. I think this will be the year it all comes undone. There’s no chemistry and everything looks utterly disjointed. 10 points against a Lions side that I watched struggle against a pitiful 49ers team last week?

Jimmy G appears to have done his ACL too. What a ****ing week.
    Madness, as you know, is a lot like gravity. All it takes is a little push.

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Euphoria1875
    Pretty Rubbish week (for me) all round.

On Saturday the College games were blow outs and not worth watching. the only highlight being the Stanford @ Oregon which was great.
    Packers sucked big time and the roughing the passer stuff is a complete joke.
    Even Redzone wasnt up to much i think the Saints game was the only one worth keeping an eye on.

Quote Originally Posted by Hibbie_Cameron View Post
    I didn't think we were great either, just think a team that was tipped as one of the worst deserve some credit for going 3-0.

3-0 is where it will end though, no way we will win next week
    I wouldn't be so sure

First Team Regular StevesFamau5's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: ImFamau5nStuff
    Quote Originally Posted by Gatecrasher View Post
    What a game between Stanford and Oregon last night. Stanford come back from 17 points Down to win in OT.
    Absolutely brilliant advert for college football. Stanford looked finished.

The big one this weekend has to be Penn State & Ohio. If the buckeyes win then I fancy them to go all the way.

Still reckon LSU is a dark horse. Unfortunately it'll be another roll tide year at this rate...