hibs.net Messageboard

Page 323 of 406 FirstFirst ... 223273313321322323324325333373 ... LastLast
Results 9,661 to 9,690 of 12180
    Quote Originally Posted by Gatecrasher View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I think I’ve missed this, care to expand?
    Think it is to do with the doctor who sexually abused over 150 young athletes and gymnasts while working for Michigan State and USA gymnastics. People in both organisations apparently knew about it and covered it up. Horrible, horrible situation.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by Sergio sledge View Post
    Think it is to do with the doctor who sexually abused over 150 young athletes and gymnasts while working for Michigan State and USA gymnastics. People in both organisations apparently knew about it and covered it up. Horrible, horrible situation.
    Correct, it's now bleeding over to allegations that the college athletics department, mainly football and basketball, have covered up sexual assault allegations against it's players.

Quote Originally Posted by Haymaker View Post
    Correct, it's now bleeding over to allegations that the college athletics department, mainly football and basketball, have covered up sexual assault allegations against it's players.
    Horrible stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by hibsbollah View Post
    Horrible stuff.
    Indeed it is.

AGs office just announced an investigation into MSU

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Euphoria1875
    I totally missed all this, it's disgusting people abuse their power like this and hopefully those involved are punished appropriately. I'm glad their seems to be a huge change in attitude over the last few years.

"Wooooooo the pro bowl!" Said no one. Ever.

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: sjmcg1304
    Watched about 3 minutes of it and switched off - totally pointless game.

"Wooooooo the pro bowl!" Said no one. Ever.
    It definitely suffered from being moved to the week before the superbowl. Makes no sense (except from a TV money perspective). It always used to be after the superbowl which meant Eagles and Pats players could play without being worried about injuring themselves and it shortened the offseason wait a bit. A lot of the players seemed to be running at half pace from the highlights i saw.

I missed this about Chris Long giving away his entire yearly salary to educational charities, nice story.

https://www.rollingstone.com/sports/...it-all-w509739

Quote Originally Posted by Sylar View Post
    Watched about 3 minutes of it and switched off - totally pointless game.
    I watched some of it with my kids, they loved the idea of it and spent half the game discussing who would get in if we did a pro-bowl for the SPFL Premiership.

It wasn't a very watchable game and the commentary team didn't make it any better so we quickly lost interest.

When NFL players get paid by the game and lose a lot of money if they miss games injured they are never going to try too hard in a game like this as they could miss the start of next season if they got a serious injury now. There is no real way around that. I think they were trying harder in the Dodgeball game they had earlier in the week...

Gamer IDs

I watched some of it with my kids, they loved the idea of it and spent half the game discussing who would get in if we did a pro-bowl for the SPFL Premiership.

It wasn't a very watchable game and the commentary team didn't make it any better so we quickly lost interest.

When NFL players get paid by the game and lose a lot of money if they miss games injured they are never going to try too hard in a game like this as they could miss the start of next season if they got a serious injury now. There is no real way around that. I think they were trying harder in the Dodgeball game they had earlier in the week...
    I 100% understand why they don't bother putting any effort into the game. No benefit to any injury whatsoever just now.

I used to say it didn't work the same way as the MLB All Star game, as that used to determine home field advantage etc - but that's a pretty stupid comparison on my part, as obviously the MLB is low-impact, non-contact.

IMO, they should just bin it altogether. It wouldn't surprise me one bit if it ends up being played in London one year. They'll (rightly) never take the Superbowl out of the US, but the ProBowl is just an end-of-season exhibition/holiday for the players.

I 100% understand why they don't bother putting any effort into the game. No benefit to any injury whatsoever just now.

I used to say it didn't work the same way as the MLB All Star game, as that used to determine home field advantage etc - but that's a pretty stupid comparison on my part, as obviously the MLB is low-impact, non-contact.

IMO, they should just bin it altogether. It wouldn't surprise me one bit if it ends up being played in London one year. They'll (rightly) never take the Superbowl out of the US, but the ProBowl is just an end-of-season exhibition/holiday for the players.
    Yeah, that might be a possibility, however I can't see the players enjoying London in January as much as Hawaii where it normally is.

It is a pretty cool idea in theory, but it just doesn't seem to work, so I'd probably bin it.

The Barbarians are about as close as we get in British Sport, but even they have lost a lot of their attraction. In days gone by it was current full internationals lining up for the Barbarians, but now it is youngsters and older guys who won't play international rugby again for the most part.

Gamer IDs

So who are we all taking for the Superbowl?

Personally, as much as I'd LIKE to see us win it, I think us having the favourite tag is a total nonsense. This Philly team have been excellent all year, and have one superbly talented defense that will get to Brady in this game. Our defense have given up big yards all year, and Foles proved since taking over from Wentz that he's capable of making big plays and throwing the deep ball.

I reckon Eagles by 10-14 points.

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Euphoria1875
    I can see why the Pats are favourites, it will be nothing to do with the form and more to do with their recent superbowl record. I want the Eagles to win mainly as a thanks for putting the Vikings back in their place but also that we cant have the same team winning it every year.

Personally, as much as I'd LIKE to see us win it, I think us having the favourite tag is a total nonsense. This Philly team have been excellent all year, and have one superbly talented defense that will get to Brady in this game. Our defense have given up big yards all year, and Foles proved since taking over from Wentz that he's capable of making big plays and throwing the deep ball.

Erm..............................The Eagles

Not a chance. If anyone has grounds to be confident about your teams chances it is Pats fans, yet you are always quite negative about them, I don't know whether you are trying to convince us or yourself that the Eagles should be the favourites.... Brady and Belichick haven't reached 8 Superbowls and won 5 of them for no reason, the are rightly the favourites.

We have a back-up QB who (apart from last week) has looked decidedly dodgy since he came in. We have a defence which has been great against the run but below average against the pass (yards per game), and we're coming up against the GOAT and a passing offense which is 2nd in the league (yards per game) and best in scoring efficiency.

I'm not optimistic. Would absolutely love it if we won, but its the Pats, even if we are winning, no matter the score going into the fourth quarter, I won't be confident about winning it until the clock ticks round to 0:00.

Gamer IDs

Not a chance. If anyone has grounds to be confident about your teams chances it is Pats fans, yet you are always quite negative about them, I don't know whether you are trying to convince us or yourself that the Eagles should be the favourites.... Brady and Belichick haven't reached 8 Superbowls and won 5 of them for no reason, the are rightly the favourites.

We have a back-up QB who (apart from last week) has looked decidedly dodgy since he came in. We have a defence which has been great against the run but below average against the pass (yards per game), and we're coming up against the GOAT and a passing offense which is 2nd in the league (yards per game) and best in scoring efficiency.

I'm not optimistic. Would absolutely love it if we won, but its the Pats, even if we are winning, no matter the score going into the fourth quarter, I won't be confident about winning it until the clock ticks round to 0:00.
    History is no basis for form though - we've reached the Superbowl this year in the face of limited competiton from the rest of the AFC this year, and I don't say that to be a dick to the other AFC teams that aren't here. The NFC teams have generally looked stronger this year, and you've disposed of much better teams than us along the way. I don't disagree, Brady and Belichick know how to get things done, but we've had a lot of gaps on all three phases of the football this year.

Your defense has one of the best pass rushes in the league, and we're completely abject when people get to Brady - we have an elite passer of the ball, some excellent receivers, but the line that protects Brady worries me, and has worried me all year. In the games we've lost, it's when we've come up against defensive lines that can get through to him.

Eagles have been the number 1 seed on the basis of this year since the word 'Go'. Your defense embarassed the Vikings 2 weeks ago, who had been pretty lethal up until that point (though granted, Keenum is far from elite) - you're still the number 1 seed in my eyes, and even with a 5 time winning coach/QB combo, I think this'll be tough.

I think we all know your posts well enough by now to know that you always talk down the Pats chances A pessimist is never disappointed, indeed

Pats have the big game experience, the best coach the best playbook and the best QB. Definite favourites.

To be honest this is a funny one for me personally. One of my closest friends was a eagles fan and sadly passed away a few years ago at 33 years of age. We spent many a drunken pub argument on football and we always agreed that if the Patriots and Eagles ever made the super bowl again that we'd go together.

Sadly that won't be happening.

I still want my Patriots to win the game but I'll be glad to see the Eagles win it for my mate.

It'll be a last second field goal just to add to the nerves.

To be honest this is a funny one for me personally. One of my closest friends was a eagles fan and sadly passed away a few years ago at 33 years of age. We spent many a drunken pub argument on football and we always agreed that if the Patriots and Eagles ever made the super bowl again that we'd go together.

I still want my Patriots to win the game but I'll be glad to see the Eagles win it for my mate.

Nice story.

Hope you enjoy the game bud, and whatever the outcome you’re thinking of happy times with your friend

Quote Originally Posted by McD View Post
    Hope you enjoy the game bud, and whatever the outcome you’re thinking of happy times with your friend
    Thanks man. I'll have a tear in my eye regardless of the result

Nice story.
    Thanks.

In non super bowl news... Chiefs trade Alex Smith to the Redskins for a player to be named and draft picks

In non super bowl news... Chiefs trade Alex Smith to the Redskins for a player to be named and draft picks
    Ooo that's a big trade.

Ooo that's a big trade.

Kirk cousins surely done in Washington now

Quote Originally Posted by McD View Post

Kirk cousins surely done in Washington now
    To the jets or browns? Allows both to get a top prospect and not throw him in straight away into garbage teams

To the jets or browns? Allows both to get a top prospect and not throw him in straight away into garbage teams
    Broncos I reckon. Browns will draft that QB who I can't remember (darnold?)

Broncos I reckon. Browns will draft that QB who I can't remember (darnold?)
    Could be. Good shout.