hibs.net Messageboard

Page 301 of 406 FirstFirst ... 201251291299300301302303311351401 ... LastLast
Results 9,001 to 9,030 of 12180
    Quote Originally Posted by Sergio sledge View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Brock Osweiler released by Browns and signed by Denver. Joe Webb (who?) Signed by the Bills as backup QB. Colin Kaepernick still unsigned...

I know that Osweiler is a cheap option (Browns have to pay over £15m of his £16m salary this season, but seriously with the D Denver has and players like Thomas and Sanders they'd have a serious shot at the Superbowl this year with Kaepernick. Peyton Manning managed to take them to a superbowl while not being able to throw a pass over 10 yards accurately...
    I think that elway believes that Lynch is just as good as kap. Similar style of qb. Simien actually looked good at times last year when the o line performed. We've invested in the o line this year so fully expect us to be better. Lynch is injured hence the signing of osweiler. He will get cut when lynch is up to speed. He's being paid the league minimum so very cheap.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by nellio View Post
    I think that elway believes that Lynch is just as good as kap. Similar style of qb. Simien actually looked good at times last year when the o line performed. We've invested in the o line this year so fully expect us to be better. Lynch is injured hence the signing of osweiler. He will get cut when lynch is up to speed. He's being paid the league minimum so very cheap.
    Yeah I get that, he's not costing them much at all and will likely be cut again. But Elway would sign Osweiler before Kaepernick even if he needed a starter or a longer term backup, let's not pretend otherwise.

Two days till the football season kicks off! Who's staying up for the big Kick Off? I'm really tempted to, but I'll suffer for it at work the next day!

Quote Originally Posted by Sergio sledge View Post
    Two days till the football season kicks off! Who's staying up for the big Kick Off? I'm really tempted to, but I'll suffer for it at work the next day!
    I'll stay up for it...

Talk of the Miami v Tampa game being brought forward because of the looming hurricane. Thursday or Friday dates being discussed.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post
    Talk of the Miami v Tampa game being brought forward because of the looming hurricane. Thursday or Friday dates being discussed.
    Pffft, country's gone soft if you ask me.

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: sjmcg1304
    I've got a big conference presentation on Thursday, so my energy will probably crash well before the game gets underway.

Will record it and watch 'as live' as soon as I get up.

Hoping this hurricane isn't as bad as they're expecting - my mum's due to be flying back from FLA on Saturday!
    Madness, as you know, is a lot like gravity. All it takes is a little push.

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Euphoria1875
    Ok Seahawks, how do you think Sunday will go?

I have noticed a lot of people wearing NFL gear at ER the last few seasons. Maybe time to break out my Rodgers one.
    Last edited by Gatecrasher; 06-09-2017 at 07:56 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gatecrasher View Post

I have noticed a lot of people wearing NFL gear at ER the last few seasons. Maybe time to break out my Rodgers one.
    Another classic, they usually are. It will go down to the final drive, I'll say Packers by 3. And it will be the rehearsal for the Nfl championship game.

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by hibsbollah View Post
    Another classic, they usually are. It will go down to the final drive, I'll say Packers by 3. And it will be the rehearsal for the Nfl championship game.
    I honestly have no idea how it will go, for me it will all be down to how the Green Bay defence holds up. It can either be solid or non-existent on any given day.

Game has been moved to week 11 when both teams, coincidentally, were due to have their bye week. No other realistic option IMO much as I'm gutted we now go all season without a bye. At least we don't lose another home game by playing at a neutral venue, but this also means that we don't have 1st home game until October 12th vs Tennessee.
    Dolphins can't catch a break this off season.

Quote Originally Posted by swindonhibs View Post
    Game has been moved to week 11 when both teams, coincidentally, were due to have their bye week. No other realistic option IMO much as I'm gutted we now go all season without a bye. At least we don't lose another home game by playing at a neutral venue, but this also means that we don't have 1st home game until October 12th vs Tennessee.
    Dolphins can't catch a break this off season.
    I take it week 11 is the week after Wembley?
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

I take it week 11 is the week after Wembley?

Quote Originally Posted by Haymaker View Post
    Actually no, Wembley is October 1st in week 4, the bye was due much later Nov 19. We have a brutal schedule as well with some tough road games and a late season bye would have been very welcome.

Quote Originally Posted by swindonhibs View Post
    Actually no, Wembley is October 1st in week 4, the bye was due much later Nov 19. We have a brutal schedule as well with some tough road games and a late season bye would have been very welcome.
    Do you not automatically bye after Wembley? Somebody said it was the week after the Wembley to me anyway.

Do you not automatically bye after Wembley? Somebody said it was the week after the Wembley to me anyway.
    Gave teams the option to take one or not the last 2 years.

Why not. Sometimes wear a Jets jersey to our games and took a Jets scarf to couple of semi-finals recently. Think anything with green in it is fine. Wearing the red, white and blue of the patsies should be a jailable offence though and they should be barred for life.

Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by DH1875 View Post
    Why not. Sometimes wear a Jets jersey to our games and took a Jets scarf to couple of semi-finals recently. Think anything with green in it is fine. Wearing the red, white and blue of the patsies should be a jailable offence though and they should be barred for life.
    The team's on a positive roll just now - the last thing we need is your loser merchandise in the stands carrying bad juju with it

Heck, wear your Buckeye stuff if you feel the need, but keep that 1000-1 nonsense away from ER!

Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by DH1875 View Post
    p.s. - if we can arrange it, we should get together in Glasgow one Sunday evening and take in one of the early games with a couple of pints!

Going to sign up for the NFL game pass free week trial, has anyone had it before and is it easy enough to cancel

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

@hibs.net private member GreenLake's Avatar

I wore a Chargers powder blue jersey with LA Galaxy 5 on it to the last Galaxy game at the Stubhub. No disrespect to Cardel Jones but they are first to five MLS Cups. Melvyn Gordon signed my 28 shirt and Nigel Harris knocked a wee dram back the other night with us. He looks promising and made the 53 as an undrafted.

The worst blunder I made was to obtain EMMY's tickets (which are not on sale to public) for my wife the day after her birthday forgetting Chargers play the Dolphins. No drinking at that game and a made rush to Microsoft Theatre for 5pm start on the EMMY's. It would be much easier to live in a fantasy.

@hibs.net private member Willis1875's Avatar
    Can the Pats go the season undefeated......That'll be a no 👀

Quote Originally Posted by Willis1875 View Post
    Can the Pats go the season undefeated......That'll be a no 👀
    5 times we've won it without going undefeated so that's not the biggest concern...

...what IS the biggest concern (for everyone else) is how BB and The GOAT react to the defeat.

It's not a sprint, it's a marathon. A brutal one at that.

And one BB is good at being getting in the mix when it comes to the end.
    Last edited by Haymaker; 08-09-2017 at 04:38 AM.

@hibs.net private member Willis1875's Avatar
    5 times we've won it without going undefeated so that's not the biggest concern...

...what IS the biggest concern (for everyone else) is how BB and The GOAT react to the defeat.

It's not a sprint, it's a marathon. A brutal one at that.
    More to the point Lugz has Gillislee and Hunt in his team...on the bench 😳

Quote Originally Posted by Willis1875 View Post
    More to the point Lugz has Gillislee and Hunt in his team...on the bench 😳
    oh dear

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by NOLA View Post
    Going to sign up for the NFL game pass free week trial, has anyone had it before and is it easy enough to cancel

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I have it, it's a new company running the service this year so it's a case of going into the unknown.there is loads of negative feedback on Twitter though because of the quality of service and being billed despite cancelling after the free trial.

Quote Originally Posted by Sylar View Post
    The team's on a positive roll just now - the last thing we need is your loser merchandise in the stands carrying bad juju with it

Heck, wear your Buckeye stuff if you feel the need, but keep that 1000-1 nonsense away from ER!
    My Buckeyes jersey is a thing of beauty 😘. Wouldn't wear it to ER though, its the wrong colour. If we do meet up for a beer maybes wear it then. Should say to James as well as think he's moved up closer to Glasgow.
    Jets gear has brought me mixed luck at Hibs games over the years, only regret was not taking a Jets scarf to the cup final. Totally missed photo op with Max . What I have noticed a lot at games recently is folks wearing red sox caps/hats.

Gamer IDs

Well, if you're going to get pumped at home at some point in the season, I suppose Game 1 is the time to do it.

Problems all over the field, that, left unaddressed, will see us struggle a lot more than anyone expected. At the same time, it's probably not a bad thing, because I was getting a little fed up with some of the crowing on social media about us going undefeated!

Even without Ware, Kansas look a very good unit, though our defense would have made anyone look good last night. Onto the next!

Alex Smith... Never really considered as a 'top' QB, kind of solid dependable bland performer usually but he's been around for a while and looked excellent from the highlights.

Quote Originally Posted by hibsbollah View Post
    Alex Smith... Never really considered as a 'top' QB, kind of solid dependable bland performer usually but he's been around for a while and looked excellent from the highlights.
    His highlights would look good from last night but he was 'meh' overall, especially in the first half.