hibs.net Messageboard

Page 295 of 406 FirstFirst ... 195245285293294295296297305345395 ... LastLast
Results 8,821 to 8,850 of 12180
    Quote Originally Posted by Haymaker View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Can the football season please hurry up?
    This is how desperate nfl.com has got. In what universe is this a 'story'?
    http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300...-by-random-man

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by hibsbollah View Post
    This is how desperate nfl.com has got. In what universe is this a 'story'?
    http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300...-by-random-man
    Espn is also desperate for football. You got Stanley cup playoffs, basketball playoffs and baseball in full swing and all the sports shows are discussing whether trubisky is going to start week 1 or who the jets sacrifice at QB this season.

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: sjmcg1304
    Blount ends up with Philly.

Disappointed to lose him, but we just don't need him anymore - an excellent RB1 and I'm surprised he's lasted so long on the FA market.
    Madness, as you know, is a lot like gravity. All it takes is a little push.

Quote Originally Posted by Sylar View Post
    Blount ends up with Philly.

Disappointed to lose him, but we just don't need him anymore - an excellent RB1 and I'm surprised he's lasted so long on the FA market.
    Did he not get in trouble when he left NE before? Caught smoking pot iirc? Might have been a reason he hung about on FA

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Euphoria1875
    Hey guys, just to let you know I wont be doing a Fantasy League this year. If someone else wants to give it a go feel free.

Quote Originally Posted by Gatecrasher View Post
    Hey guys, just to let you know I wont be doing a Fantasy League this year. If someone else wants to give it a go feel free.
    But you're the commish!!

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Euphoria1875
    But you're the commish!!
    Sorry! but I have resigned.

Sorry! but I have resigned.
    Outrageous!

Noooo, who's going to run our draft?!

Are you able to make other people the league administrators on NFL.com so that we could manage it?

http://deadspin.com/what-exactly-is-...ick-1795230022

"Have you seen the list of quarterbacks who’ve signed free-agent deals this offseason?

Some names: Brian Hoyer, Mike Glennon, Geno Smith, Nick Foles, Matt Barkley, Ryan Mallett, Case Keenum, Josh Johnson, Blaine Gabbert, Matt Schaub, Josh McCown, Matt McGloin, Chase Daniel, Landry Jones, T.J. Yates, E.J. Manuel, Kellen Moore, Mark Sanchez, Matt Cassel, Kellen Clemens."

Quote Originally Posted by Sergio sledge View Post
    http://deadspin.com/what-exactly-is-...ick-1795230022

"Have you seen the list of quarterbacks who’ve signed free-agent deals this offseason?

Some names: Brian Hoyer, Mike Glennon, Geno Smith, Nick Foles, Matt Barkley, Ryan Mallett, Case Keenum, Josh Johnson, Blaine Gabbert, Matt Schaub, Josh McCown, Matt McGloin, Chase Daniel, Landry Jones, T.J. Yates, E.J. Manuel, Kellen Moore, Mark Sanchez, Matt Cassel, Kellen Clemens."
    There was a rumour doing the rounds earlier in the year that the Miami were considering a move for CK in free agency. Then he turned up in Miami wearing a Fidel Castro t shirt when the 49ers were in town last year and the deal was dropped before it was really a thing. How true that is I don't know but with Tannehill, Moore and Fales on the roster and Doughty on the practice squad I think the ship has sailed.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post
    There was a rumour doing the rounds earlier in the year that the Miami were considering a move for CK in free agency. Then he turned up in Miami wearing a Fidel Castro t shirt when the 49ers were in town last year and the deal was dropped before it was really a thing. How true that is I don't know but with Tannehill, Moore and Fales on the roster and Doughty on the practice squad I think the ship has sailed.
    That is actually a plausible story.

The only question about the Kaepernick situation is whether a) he's being blackballed by teams' owners because they dont like his politics, or b) the league itself have made sure nobody signs him. I tend to think its the latter. I personally cant stand him (although I like his politics, oddly) but he's better than at least six starters for other teams in this league. Brock Osweiler anyone?
    Last edited by hibsbollah; 19-05-2017 at 07:07 PM.

CK is most likely still a free agent as the media ****storm if he signed for anyone right now would be unbearable. They were still debating on espn radio today whether he's right/wrong etc.

He'll sign for team IMO but it'll be when the season starts and other stories are in play.

That is actually a plausible story.

The only question about the Kaepernick situation is whether a) he's being blackballed by teams' owners because they dont like his politics, or b) the league itself have made sure nobody signs him. I tend to think its the latter. I personally cant stand him (although I like his politics, oddly) but he's better than at least six starters for other teams in this league. Brock Osweiler anyone?
    I wouldn't be surprised if it is b), apparently ratings for the NFL were down last season and the feedback they got was that part of that was because of the national anthem protest. The NFL is a massive cash cow and if the league sees anything affecting ratings I'm sure they'd want to stop it.

The ridiculous thing is that they are happy with people like Greg Hardy or Mike Vick, but if you are a clean living vegan who thinks America has a race issue you'll not get signed.

Some "league sources" also worry about his vegan diet, course Tom terrific is also a vegan for most of the year but then again tom terrific is white and sings the national anthem so veganism won't affect him so badly....

Quote Originally Posted by Sergio sledge View Post
    I wouldn't be surprised if it is b), apparently ratings for the NFL were down last season and the feedback they got was that part of that was because of the national anthem protest. The NFL is a massive cash cow and if the league sees anything affecting ratings I'm sure they'd want to stop it.

The ridiculous thing is that they are happy with people like Greg Hardy or Mike Vick, but if you are a clean living vegan who thinks America has a race issue you'll not get signed.

Some "league sources" also worry about his vegan diet, course Tom terrific is also a vegan for most of the year but then again tom terrific is white and sings the national anthem so veganism won't affect him so badly....
    I always find the American relationship with the anthem and the flag a bit bizarre. They seem to invest a lot more in the physical nature of it than other countries. The irony is they will quite happily see Lady Gaga or, as is the usual for Vegas boxing events, some reality TV Z lister butcher the anthem with that ridiculous falsetto voice they all do.

Kenny Stills was by far and away Miamis best WR last season but his choice to take a knee during the anthem in Seattle saw him targeted with some pretty brutal abuse. Admittedly dropping a certain touchdown scoring and quite possible game winning pass in the same game didn't help his cause. What shocked me was how off piste the criticism got. Stills said he took a knee to show solidarity with Kaepernick and those protesting social injustic and police brutality. Almost every piece of criticism he received was based on his disrespecting 'our heroes' and 'our brave veterans'. I still don't really understand how those anthem protests came to be regarded as anti military. Even if they were then so what? Isn't the right to protest and freedom of speech very much one of the cornerstones of 'American values'? Dolphins fans were actually threatening to 'boycott the organisation' and go and support the Patriots, a team who 'represent American values' unless Still was sacked.

I didn't get it then and I don't get it now tbh.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post
    I always find the American relationship with the anthem and the flag a bit bizarre. They seem to invest a lot more in the physical nature of it than other countries. The irony is they will quite happily see Lady Gaga or, as is the usual for Vegas boxing events, some reality TV Z lister butcher the anthem with that ridiculous falsetto voice they all do.

Kenny Stills was by far and away Miamis best WR last season but his choice to take a knee during the anthem in Seattle saw him targeted with some pretty brutal abuse. Admittedly dropping a certain touchdown scoring and quite possible game winning pass in the same game didn't help his cause. What shocked me was how off piste the criticism got. Stills said he took a knee to show solidarity with Kaepernick and those protesting social injustic and police brutality. Almost every piece of criticism he received was based on his disrespecting 'our heroes' and 'our brave veterans'. I still don't really understand how those anthem protests came to be regarded as anti military. Even if they were then so what? Isn't the right to protest and freedom of speech very much one of the cornerstones of 'American values'? Dolphins fans were actually threatening to 'boycott the organisation' and go and support the Patriots, a team who 'represent American values' unless Still was sacked.

I didn't get it then and I don't get it now tbh.
    Lots of Americans dont 'get it' either. Its just a very divided country.

As Sergio said, Michael Vick was the one comparison that came to mind for me. Personally I thought he was the lowest of the low, brutalised defenceless animals, a real bona fide ****bag who I would have hated to see playing on my team. Now there's an individual to get agitated about.

Lots of Americans dont 'get it' either. Its just a very divided country.

As Sergio said, Michael Vick was the one comparison that came to mind for me. Personally I thought he was the lowest of the low, brutalised defenceless animals, a real bona fide ****bag who I would have hated to see playing on my team. Now there's an individual to get agitated about.
    No argument from me about Vick. I watched The Champions recently about the 'Vicktory dogs'. Heartwarming and tragic in equal measure.

Vick is a despicable creature.

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

One of the runners on espn is "100 days until college football".

Just hurry up already!

100 days until pro season opener!!!

First Team Breakthrough Lost_Mackem's Avatar
    I've started to love this sport over the past few years, me and a few mates are heading down to Wembley in the Autumn to see the Saints take on the Dolphins. My mate who first recommended the NFL to me is a big Packers fan so I kind of looked out for them for about a year or so but there is something about the Cowboys that I just love, perhaps its the glamour. It pays to have at least one glamorous team in my life.

Quote Originally Posted by Lost_Mackem View Post
    I've started to love this sport over the past few years, me and a few mates are heading down to Wembley in the Autumn to see the Saints take on the Dolphins. My mate who first recommended the NFL to me is a big Packers fan so I kind of looked out for them for about a year or so but there is something about the Cowboys that I just love, perhaps its the glamour. It pays to have at least one glamorous team in my life.
    Might be glamorous but they never win silverware.

Is there going to be a FF league this year?

Quote Originally Posted by Lost_Mackem View Post
    The cowboys are the rangers of the NFL, no one can stand them but hey it's everyones choice on who they support.

Quote Originally Posted by lugz View Post
    Is there going to be a FF league this year?
    I hope so!

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: sjmcg1304
    I hope so!
    It's not looking likely unless someone takes command.

For the avoidance of doubt, that's not a volunteering statement!
    Madness, as you know, is a lot like gravity. All it takes is a little push.

Quote Originally Posted by Sylar View Post
    It's not looking likely unless someone takes command.

For the avoidance of doubt, that's not a volunteering statement!
    Im not doing it.

Im not doing it.
    The draft or taking charge

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by NOLA View Post
    The draft or taking charge

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Oh, I'm doing it, I'm just not willing to do any work to make it happen

Do we have good numbers for the fantasy league?

I watched one of BTs 30 for 30 series last night 'the four falls of buffalo' it was very good.not a fan of American football but got to say I have a wee soft spot for the bills now.what there chances of winning the super bowl this year?