hibs.net Messageboard

Page 286 of 406 FirstFirst ... 186236276284285286287288296336386 ... LastLast
Results 8,551 to 8,580 of 12180
    I've got a feeling this could be over pretty quickly for Miami.

2. Log in to remove the advert

This is utterly awful. Giving away so many cheap yards. I'd like to see the rankings for 3rd down conversions against because we must be right up there as one of the worst.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

Total domination from the Steelers so far.

Quote Originally Posted by hibsbollah View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Total domination from the Steelers so far.
    220 yards against in the 1st quarter. Secondary is garbage, easy to see why we are ranked 29th in the league for rush defence.

Even allowing for 4 injured starters the ease the Steelers are running through us with is shocking.

Oh good we're down to our 3rd string QB who hasn't thrown a pass in over a year.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

1st & goal with a chance to almost unbelievably make it a 1 score game and Laremy Tunsil falls asleep and Matt Moore seems to think he is going to get the same time as he would get throwing a ball about with his mates on a beach.

The Steelers are a horribly dirty football team.

Although watching this it's really hard to see how Miami is a play off team.

Quote Originally Posted by jackkennedy1 View Post
    The Steelers are a horribly dirty football team.

Although watching this it's really hard to see how Miami is a play off team.
    I think it comes down to what Bollah said above about depth. When all the starters are fit Miami are a decent football team, lose a few and the problems are obvious.

Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post
    I think it comes down to what Bollah said above about depth. When all the starters are fit Miami are a decent football team, lose a few and the problems are obvious.
    Your probably right. I thought Moore was starting to get into his stride before the first fumble. I view him as a better option than Tannehill. Doubtful he's going to be a franchise QB though.

Quote Originally Posted by jackkennedy1 View Post
    Your probably right. I thought Moore was starting to get into his stride before the first fumble. I view him as a better option than Tannehill. Doubtful he's going to be a franchise QB though.
    Pouncey, Jones and Maxwell have been big misses, especially Maxwell today.

I've been a critic of Tannehill but I really thought he was getting into stride prior to his injury. Hopefully with a bit continuity going into next season we see what he really has to offer. Make or break season for him.

Looks like the gnats are out... We can breathe easy Patriots fans!

Ooft. I'm glad we're not playing the Packers next. Rodgers looks close to unplayable.

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: sjmcg1304
    No doubt, he looked outstanding last night, but the Giants helped in making him look spectacular - they, like all the teams who ended up losing their Wild Card games, looked awful!

Seattle @ Atlanta
    Green Bay @ Dallas

Houston @ New England
    Pittsburgh @ Kansas City

I think both home teams in the AFC win pretty easily, but the NFC matches are going to be really hard to call!
    Madness, as you know, is a lot like gravity. All it takes is a little push.

Quote Originally Posted by Sylar View Post
    No doubt, he looked outstanding last night, but the Giants helped in making him look spectacular - they, like all the teams who ended up losing their Wild Card games, looked awful!

Seattle @ Atlanta
    Green Bay @ Dallas

Houston @ New England
    Pittsburgh @ Kansas City

I think both home teams in the AFC win pretty easily, but the NFC matches are going to be really hard to call!
    I went 3-1 in my wildcard predictions.
    Confident that the Pack will surprise Dallas and win in a high scoring game. The Patriots are way too strong for Houston, could get messy. Seattle Atlanta and Pittsburgh Kansas are hard to call, Im going for the Seahawks and Steelers to progress.

Seattle @ Atlanta
    Green Bay @ Dallas

Houston @ New England
    Pittsburgh @ Kansas City

I think if Big Ben is at 100%, Pittsburgh will win against the Chiefs. LeVeon Bell looks unstoppable just now and KC has a poor run defense.

Pats will win easily.

Being an Eagles fan I'm hoping Green Bay thrash Dallas.

I think Atlanta will have too much for Seattle, although it is a very very close call.

Really looking forward to the 2 NFC games should be two excellent match ups.

Atlanta really do look like the real deal. Absolutely ripping the seahawks defence apart just now.

Quote Originally Posted by Sergio sledge View Post
    Atlanta really do look like the real deal. Absolutely ripping the seahawks defence apart just now.
    Yep.

This whole 'complete the process of the catch when you fall to the ground' rule is nonsense. If you catch it you catch it.

If the role stays however, why, when there's a rushing TD, the rusher does not need to maintain possession of the football through this process? I have seen a number of rushing TD where the rusher loses the ball after the ball has crossed the plane.

The ball has to be under control when it crosses the plane into the endzone. The rules mean that the football is not under control in a catch until a 'football move' has been made. There's a bit of dubiety what that means, but in the case of a catch if the catcher goes straight to the ground the football move is going to the ground so it has to be in control all the way through. When a runner puts the ball across the plane it is in control when it crosses so that counts. They have already made their football move, so the play is dead as soon as the ball crosses the plane.

That's my understanding of it anyway, could be totally wrong...

Quote Originally Posted by Sergio sledge View Post
    The ball has to be under control when it crosses the plane into the endzone. The rules mean that the football is not under control in a catch until a 'football move' has been made. There's a bit of dubiety what that means, but in the case of a catch if the catcher goes straight to the ground the football move is going to the ground so it has to be in control all the way through. When a runner puts the ball across the plane it is in control when it crosses so that counts. They have already made their football move, so the play is dead as soon as the ball crosses the plane.

That's my understanding of it anyway, could be totally wrong...
    Fair enough. I just think if a rusher rushes reaches then the ball crosses the plane but when the ball hits the ground the rusher loses possession it should follow the same rule as the pass completion.

What I understand is... Patriots 7 up.

Made that a lot harder than needed but... 6th straight championship game.

Quote Originally Posted by Haymaker View Post
    Made that a lot harder than needed but... 6th straight championship game.

I said during the first quarter the game had 30odd - 10 written all over it.

Hawks season over. The policy of not investing in the Offensive line has to be reviewed for next season. It'll be interesting to see if the Falcons can keep that level of performance going forward.

Quote Originally Posted by McD View Post
    I said during the first quarter the game had 30odd - 10 written all over it.
    If we hadn't gifted them points it would have been a bigger gap.

Wow, looking very much like game over already. If it is Green Bay vs Atlanta next week that is going to be some shootout!

What a game that was. Ice cool from Crosby.

So glad the cowboys are out, now I can enjoy the rest of the playoffs.

Well done Sergio, called all 4 results correctly.

For both championship games I see the away team causing an upset, Packers and Steelers to progress to the superbowl.