hibs.net Messageboard

Page 281 of 407 FirstFirst ... 181231271279280281282283291331381 ... LastLast
Results 8,401 to 8,430 of 12185
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Euphoria1875
    Quote Originally Posted by DarrenSQH View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Great win yesterday v the seahawks. Surprised we kept Jimmy so Quiet.

Also getting to see my saints at wembley next year. Brilliant.
    My big bro is going to see the Saints play the 49ers at the weekend. I think he is going as a 49er as he is visiting the city but I warned him that the Saints are starting to look like a good team again.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Good start from Carson Wentz. 2 possessions, 2 picks.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

Both lead to touchdowns just to add insult to injury.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

Jay Ajayi is on fire at the moment. A 'bad' day sees him end up with 111 yards and a touchdown against the meanest rush defence in the league.

I watched the Jets suck in a bar full of moaning jets fans. Half price wings and beers too. Basically heaven.

Quote Originally Posted by Gatecrasher View Post
    My big bro is going to see the Saints play the 49ers at the weekend. I think he is going as a 49er as he is visiting the city but I warned him that the Saints are starting to look like a good team again.
    A good win to gewt us back to 4-4.

The most rushing yards we have ever had in the Payton-Drew era.

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by DarrenSQH View Post
    A good win to gewt us back to 4-4.

The most rushing yards we have ever had in the Payton-Drew era.
    it was game I would have enjoyed but he's never watched nfl before and he said he preferred the nhl when he went to see ny rangers a few years back. He has tickets for the basketball and ice hockey again.

I think the saints could be a outsider to make it if they tighten the defence a bit.

Quote Originally Posted by Haymaker View Post
    I watched the Jets suck in a bar full of moaning jets fans. Half price wings and beers too. Basically heaven.

I am predicting a rubbish game tonight with defenses dominating. Russell Wilson is badly off form. Maybe 9-6 Buffalo In overtime.

Quote Originally Posted by hibsbollah View Post

If only it had been free wings and beer...

Seattle buffalo actually entertaining!

Quote Originally Posted by Haymaker View Post
    Seattle buffalo actually entertaining!
    Great red zone defence from the Seahawks at the end.

Exciting game goes to the last few seconds, Ryan losing his nut at the refs, Russell seemingly injury free again and Seattle win.

That's why I don't bet

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: sjmcg1304
    We must be approaching winning our conference already - great weekend for us with both the Bills and Jets losing.

I totally forgot my fantasy lineup this week and ended up with 4 players in my team on a bye - James also had 3 players on a bye - shame it's been so inactive this year. Think I'll probably drop it next year.
    Madness, as you know, is a lot like gravity. All it takes is a little push.

Don't think anyone wants to win the AFC North. Ravens beating the Steelers keeps the Bengals in the hun with 2 v Ravens and 1 v Pitt to play.

I don't think Baltimore are that good a team and we have greater overall talent but have struggled to convert that into wins thus far.

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by jackkennedy1 View Post
    Don't think anyone wants to win the AFC North. Ravens beating the Steelers keeps the Bengals in the hun with 2 v Ravens and 1 v Pitt to play.

I don't think Baltimore are that good a team and we have greater overall talent but have struggled to convert that into wins thus far.
    I think we can count the Browns out, looking at their schedule winning no games looks very possible.

I cant count out the Steelers, i know they were bad at the weekend but they can still grind out results

I expected more from the Bengals this year,

Ravens IMO are a bit like the Steelers they can grind results out at times.

If i were to take a punt i would go for a toss up between the bengals and steelers.

Steelers
    Bengals
    Ravens
    Browns

Quote Originally Posted by Sylar View Post
    We must be approaching winning our conference already - great weekend for us with both the Bills and Jets losing.

I totally forgot my fantasy lineup this week and ended up with 4 players in my team on a bye - James also had 3 players on a bye - shame it's been so inactive this year. Think I'll probably drop it next year.
    Ryan pretty much conceded the division after we beat them.

Quote Originally Posted by Sylar View Post

You will walk the division again, Jets will finish bottom and us and the Bills are in a battle for 2nd. Looking at the AFC at the moment I don't think it's going to take a particularly brilliant record to clinch a wild card spot so I'm fairly optimistic.

Nice win over the Patriots last night. Wilson had an easy night, back to his best, and another outstanding goal line stand late in the 4th to preserve the win. Whatever the stats say, I'd rather have our D than any other in the league.

Disappointed to lose last night, tough game against the Seahawks.

Another win for the Dolphins, albeit with the aid of a total meltdown from Rivers in the 4th quarter.

Right in the hunt for a wild card place now, with a winnable game in LA this weekend. That was unthinkable a few weeks ago and steady progress definitely being made.

Giants win 4 in a row and are 3 games above .500 for the first time since 2012. Up next are the Jeffreyless Bears. The next 2 should be games they aim to win to have a shot. They actually have the 3rd best record in the league right now on form and would be 5th seed if the playoff hunt ended today. They have beat both Dallas and Baltimore, the teams that lead their divisions they have played. NFC east looks like the best division in football right now and it's going to come down to the division games to win it. Worst I see Dallas going is 12-4. It may come down to the game at Giants Stadium. If the Giants win they'll hold the tie break.

Either way I'm feeling so much better about this team than I did early doors.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

The Bengals are just quite a boring team this year.

Issues both side of the ball and 0 protection for Dalton whatsoever.

Can't believe Baltimore are top of the division.

Although nobody is out of it bar the Browns.

First Team Breakthrough SmithyHibee's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: SmithyNYG
    Quote Originally Posted by Just Jimmy View Post
    Giants win 4 in a row and are 3 games above .500 for the first time since 2012. Up next are the Jeffreyless Bears. The next 2 should be games they aim to win to have a shot. They actually have the 3rd best record in the league right now on form and would be 5th seed if the playoff hunt ended today. They have beat both Dallas and Baltimore, the teams that lead their divisions they have played. NFC east looks like the best division in football right now and it's going to come down to the division games to win it. Worst I see Dallas going is 12-4. It may come down to the game at Giants Stadium. If the Giants win they'll hold the tie break.

Either way I'm feeling so much better about this team than I did early doors.

Happy to see a fellow Giants fan on the board! We're improving each week and seem to have steered clear from injuries for a change apart from some trouble at safety which Collins has masked and our front getting pressure has helped the replacement Adams. Still reckon to stand any shot this year we really need to up our running game, hoping Perkins comes into it more but he has some issues with pass protection he needs to try improve on. Still hopeful as ever and the wildcard might suit us as it has done before, we never do things the easy way!

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Can one of the Seahawks tell me a little about Michael? Packers just picked him up.

Can one of the Seahawks tell me a little about Michael? Packers just picked him up.
    he has all the tools you'd want from a RB, nice cutback, has stamina to get 20+ carries a game but doesn't seem to break the long run very often. The fact hes been cut from our squad twice now as soon as the #1 guys get fit again shows the coaches dont rate him enough to be a regular starter.

Quote Originally Posted by SmithyHibee View Post
    Happy to see a fellow Giants fan on the board! We're improving each week and seem to have steered clear from injuries for a change apart from some trouble at safety which Collins has masked and our front getting pressure has helped the replacement Adams. Still reckon to stand any shot this year we really need to up our running game, hoping Perkins comes into it more but he has some issues with pass protection he needs to try improve on. Still hopeful as ever and the wildcard might suit us as it has done before, we never do things the easy way!
    Yeah all valid points. I love that Mac plays Rookies. If they mess up he doesn't hide them. He benched Apple last week then the kid played every snap on D at the weekend past and played well.

Andrew Adams has been a surprise. He looked good preseason but he's really grown. Hopefully he can keep it up. You're right about Collins. The guy has to be in the conversation for Defensive POY.

I'm not overly worried about the run game. I would settle for functional. Just running out the clock or picking up 3rd and short for a 1st down would suit me. I'm not convinced any of the backs we have are actually that talented. Perkins may well become a solid change of pace back but he's not an every down guy. Jennings is bang average. We do miss Vereen but more for screen plays. It is easy to blame the O Line but Amahd Bradshaw wouldn't be running for a measly 2 yards per carry behind this line that's for sure.

We're getting better every week. Next 2 games are winable but we should be careful and respect both. That will take us to 8 and 3. I see us going 10 and 6 maybe 11 and 5. I think we'll need to beat Dallas at home and probably win in Philly. It's not going to be smooth but it's so much better to be able to be in the hunt than the last 4 rubbish years.

Here's a prediction. Both wildcards for the NFC come from the NFC East. Dallas, Philly and Us all go to the playoffs.

Check out a board called "big blue huddle" it's all older guys and they are by far the most knowledgeable Giants fans I know. It's brilliant football talk. I tail gated with some of them when i was over a couple of times.

He'll be a decent change of pace back behind Lacy. I don't know what his ST play is like but he's a solid pick up at this time of the season.

Quote Originally Posted by SmithyHibee View Post
    I'm going to Metlife on Sunday for the Giants / Bears game. Cannot wait!

I've adopted the giants as my 2nd team now so going to buy myself a jersey whilst I'm there. Might get an OBJ jersey.

Quote Originally Posted by nellio View Post
    I'm going to Metlife on Sunday for the Giants / Bears game. Cannot wait!

I've adopted the giants as my 2nd team now so going to buy myself a jersey whilst I'm there. Might get an OBJ jersey.
    Buy from Modells or such like before you go to Metlife because it's much cheaper.

It's a great stadium. Enjoy it and i hope the Giants win.

So I never win competitions. Never. Tonight my local bar was doing a promo for their new draft beer (modelos) $3 and your name goes in the hat for the prize.

I win.

A signed Brandon Marshall jets Jersey.

Fml