hibs.net Messageboard

Page 238 of 406 FirstFirst ... 138188228236237238239240248288338 ... LastLast
Results 7,111 to 7,140 of 12180
    Shocked to see Graham move to the Seahawks but not as much as Julius Thomas going to Jacksonville. Talk about a step down!!

The Bills looking like serious contenders for Revis!

2. Log in to remove the advert

You can already get Graham replica jerseys on the seahawks website, a couple of hours after the trade.

You've got to love US capitalism

Bradford swap for Foles? Chip Kelly certainly isn't shy about making moves, but Bradford is a massive injury risk! Rumours that we (eagles) are speaking to Demarco Murray too.

when i 1st heard we traded Jimmy to the seahawks i was stunned, now ive had a beer or 2 ive caled down enough to realise we have strengthnd our o-line while picking up another 1st round draft pick, Graham as good as he can be has been battling injuries more and more the past few years, maybe just a natural reaction being such a big boy and being so explosive, not saying id expect him to keep getting injured as hes still a relative young guy and should be in his prime, i think its a win-win trade for both teams

Quote Originally Posted by Sergio sledge View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Bradford swap for Foles? Chip Kelly certainly isn't shy about making moves, but Bradford is a massive injury risk! Rumours that we (eagles) are speaking to Demarco Murray too.
    Do you think Kelly will try and make a move for Marriota in the draft? Sanchez is a decent starter but surely the Eagles are looking longer term.

Packers the latest team mentioned in the Revis situation. I'm giving it til midnight and then I'm off to bed! News can wait til the morning!
    Last edited by James.; 11-03-2015 at 09:45 PM.

Revis back to the Jessies. Guess he doesn't want to add to his Super Bowl rings!

Nearly got burned by a joke site saying Andrew Luck traded to the Bucs!

I'm so happy! My all time favourite player is back where he belongs!

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: sjmcg1304
    Quote Originally Posted by AyrshireHibs View Post
    I'm so happy! My all time favourite player is back where he belongs!
    I don't think he was going to go anywhere else really if he wasn't staying with us. Personally, seeing how much you paid, I'm glad we didn't fork out that for him, despite how good a player he clearly is. Definitely a player in Jets green it's going to be difficult to hate going forward. He was integral in our Superbowl win last year. Alongside Skrine, you're looking pretty solid at CB for this coming season and with Decker and Marshall, you have 2 solid receivers. You're building a good looking team now - still think you lack a QB capable of delivering a winning season personally but he's young. With decent weapons around him, perhaps he'll improve.

I'm disappointed with our off-season thus far but after a winning season last year, I never doubted we'd cut some big names and bring in some new talent - it's just the way we operate. We could be doing with picking up a decent CB as with Browner currently out of the picture too, it leaves Kyle Arrington as our main CB, which is a horrifying thought. Having said that, I don't expect us to be genuine contenders next season anyway!
    Madness, as you know, is a lot like gravity. All it takes is a little push.

Without a doubt the craziest period of off season trading I can remember.

Quote Originally Posted by hibsbollah View Post
    Without a doubt the craziest period of off season trading I can remember.

I saw a tweet this morning: "Reckon this all this trading from the jets is just to piss off Rex!"

Gamer IDs

Jets being linked with Cromartie also returning and are also apparently interested in Ryan Fitzpatrick if the Texans release him.

What a major overhaul they're undertaking!

Quote Originally Posted by Sylar View Post
    Jets being linked with Cromartie also returning and are also apparently interested in Ryan Fitzpatrick if the Texans release him.

What a major overhaul they're undertaking!
    We'll go from the worst secondary in football to possibly the best in the space of a day. Makes sense - an elite defense might just counter our QB woes. I'm happy enough with Fitzpatrick - he's a proven if unspectacular quantity. The AFC East should be a bit more competitive this year. I imagine you will probably still win it but it's good to see the other three teams actively looking to improve.

Ryan Matthews to Philly today. Not exactly Shady McCoy but could be a nice piece of he can stay healthy.

Gamer IDs

We'll go from the worst secondary in football to possibly the best in the space of a day. Makes sense - an elite defense might just counter our QB woes. I'm happy enough with Fitzpatrick - he's a proven if unspectacular quantity. The AFC East should be a bit more competitive this year. I imagine you will probably still win it but it's good to see the other three teams actively looking to improve.

Ryan Matthews to Philly today. Not exactly Shady McCoy but could be a nice piece of he can stay healthy.
    I think it will be quite competitive but right now, I wouldn't favour us to win it all J.

Our defense has been stripped apart by losing not just Revis but also Browner and Wilfork...Kyle Arrington as our lead secondary is a terrifying thought! Revis and Browner were instrumental in doing what we couldn't in seasons gone past, which was getting our defense off the field in 3rd down situations and reduced giving up huge yardage downfield.

If you keep building the way you have in the past few days, in addition to some of your good acquisitions last year (Decker being a good example), you're going to be in a good spot if not this season, possibly next. Given the receiving options of Decker and Marshall, even a mediocre QB like Smith or a reasonable QB like Fitzpatrick can put up reasonable numbers.

We've signed Brandon Gibson and re-signed Brian Tyms. We're apparently interested in Reggie Bush and Percy Harvin as well as Jabaal Sheard and Ahtyba Rubin...Hardly inspirational off-season work so far but it's the Patriots way!

I'm genuinely not intending to be disparaging with this but does that genuinely surprise you?

I'm genuinely not trying to be disparaging either but I dont have a clue what your on about .

Quote Originally Posted by lugz View Post
    Jimmy Graham to the seahawks. Mind blown.
    I'm late to the party but wow

DeMarco Murray visiting the eagles today, either we make a good signing or we have bumped up the price considerably for the cowboys to get him back.

Some Eagles fans aren't happy.... http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-free-a...fseason-trades

If Bradford, Matthews and (if we get him) DeMarco Murray stay fit, I can see us doing well this season, but that's a huge risk to take IMHO.

This fan has sussed it out

Gamer IDs

Well Saints fans, acquiring Browner might remove some of the anger at losing Graham - a solid CB you've acquired!

Yet another off-season where I struggle to understand our moves and trades - you take the Superbowl winning defensive partnership in Revis and Browner and get rid of not 1 but 2 of them...

Well Saints fans, acquiring Browner might remove some of the anger at losing Graham - a solid CB you've acquired!

Yet another off-season where I struggle to understand our moves and trades - you take the Superbowl winning defensive partnership in Revis and Browner and get rid of not 1 but 2 of them...
    I recall during last season' s offseason you were fairly disgusted with your teams (lack of) activity. Then you pulled off tge Revis and Browner trades and won the superbowl Plenty of time yet and lots of quality free agents still around.

Gamer IDs

I recall during last season' s offseason you were fairly disgusted with your teams (lack of) activity. Then you pulled off tge Revis and Browner trades and won the superbowl Plenty of time yet and lots of quality free agents still around.
    I'm very much of the 'if it ain't broke...' mantra - we had 2 elite CBs in Revis and Browner and let them go. I get that they were very mercenary in their moves as better money was offered but that secondary was up there with the Seahawks (clearly).

We've made some very small trades thus far which are far from exciting and aren't replacing the areas we're now deficient in.

We certainly won't be winning the Superbowl next season, that's for sure

Now DeMarco Murray to the Eagles. It gets wilder. I now predict Megatron to the Raiders, Peyton Manning to Jacksonville and the return of Tebow to the Packers.

I'm very much of the 'if it ain't broke...' mantra - we had 2 elite CBs in Revis and Browner and let them go. I get that they were very mercenary in their moves as better money was offered but that secondary was up there with the Seahawks (clearly).

We've made some very small trades thus far which are far from exciting and aren't replacing the areas we're now deficient in.

We certainly won't be winning the Superbowl next season, that's for sure
    I don't think the Hawks can he considered the top secondary anymore until the three probowlers Sherman Chancellor and Thomas cam prove they are healthy...(it was amazing they even played at the superbowl) and we get a quality cb on the other side from Sherman. This guy from Philly (williams) is the new second cb but I don't know much about him.

Cromartie returns to New York

Chips brewing up another storm, my head hurts!!

Colts release Trent Richardson. I'd take a chance on him at the right price. Will be interesting to see where he lands - he's got the talent and proved he could do it in Cleveland.

Murray confirmed on 5 year deal, absolutely buzzing. As long as chip doesn't do something crazy definitely my new jersey to noise people up at Wembley.

Colts release Trent Richardson. I'd take a chance on him at the right price. Will be interesting to see where he lands - he's got the talent and proved he could do it in Cleveland.

I would too, he was good in Cleveland the 1st year, traded and never seemed to fit in well in Indy, he didn't want to be there and it showed, he wont cost much.

Quote Originally Posted by NOLA View Post
    I would too, he was good in Cleveland the 1st year, traded and never seemed to fit in well in Indy, he didn't want to be there and it showed, he wont cost much.
    Colts fans saying he won't actually leave Indianapolis until next year as he only moves in two yard increments at a time Dallas would make sense now Murray is away.

Now DeMarco Murray to the Eagles. It gets wilder. I now predict Megatron to the Raiders, Peyton Manning to Jacksonville and the return of Tebow to the Packers.