hibs.net Messageboard

Page 235 of 407 FirstFirst ... 135185225233234235236237245285335 ... LastLast
Results 7,021 to 7,050 of 12186
    Quote Originally Posted by Sylar View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

I know a few Seahawks fans and they're positively sick this morning and I can't blame them.

Only 220 days until we get underway all over again - til then, I'm switching to baseball mode in the faint hope that the Red Sox can make it a great year for Boston sport
    I go on seahawksnet sometimes and that place is in mental anquish today. Probably like this place was after the 5-1 game. Everyone wants Bevell our OC fired for making the call and for appearing to blame Lockette for not making enough effort on the play in interviews afterwards.

Sherman was class personified at the end. Shaking Bradys hand at the final snap...Compton class

Cmon the Cubs.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: sjmcg1304
    Quote Originally Posted by hibsbollah View Post
    I go on seahawksnet sometimes and that place is in mental anquish today. Probably like this place was after the 5-1 game. Everyone wants Bevell our OC fired for making the call and for appearing to blame Lockette for not making enough effort on the play in interviews afterwards.

Sherman was class personified at the end. Shaking Bradys hand at the final snap...Compton class

Cmon the Cubs.
    Christ, it's not going to get any better going forward this year then, is it?

Having said that, you've made some excellent trades during the off-season - might not be too long til the Cubs become a genuine force that can compete!
    Madness, as you know, is a lot like gravity. All it takes is a little push.

Christ, it's not going to get any better going forward this year then, is it?

Having said that, you've made some excellent trades during the off-season - might not be too long til the Cubs become a genuine force that can compete!
    2015 is the chinese year of the goat, traditionally the Cubs make a run for the pennant on these years apparently (see the Cubs goat curse for more detail ).

Im only a casual baseball fan really, if the cubs arent playing im not that bothered.

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: CalvinoHFC PSN ID: CalvinoHFC

Cmon the Cubs.
    Nearly to a man my staff remarked at how miserable I was looking today. I really don't blame Bevell or Carroll totally now that I've heard their reasoning, although I still disagree with it, but it was a bit off for DB to throw Lockette under the bus.

I'm not a baseball fan so now I have to go back to being interested in Hibs for a few months, could be worse I suppose.

Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by AyrshireHibs View Post
    You need to look at the Lombardi trophy DH!!

He probably has no idea what it looks like

Gamer IDs

2015 is the chinese year of the goat, traditionally the Cubs make a run for the pennant on these years apparently (see the Cubs goat curse for more detail ).

Im only a casual baseball fan really, if the cubs arent playing im not that bothered.
    What, a bit like Aberdeen winning the SPL in the years visited in Back to The Future?

Best farm in all of baseball! A year or two away from making some serious noise

Is it not also the year Back to the Future predicted?

Quote Originally Posted by Calvin View Post
    Nearly to a man my staff remarked at how miserable I was looking today. I really don't blame Bevell or Carroll totally now that I've heard their reasoning, although I still disagree with it, but it was a bit off for DB to throw Lockette under the bus.

I'm not a baseball fan so now I have to go back to being interested in Hibs for a few months, could be worse I suppose.
    I don't know enough to assess who deserves blame, but Bevell seems to be unpopular in general, not just because of Sundays shenanigans. Wilson is a talented quarterback who is constrained by a conservative game plan, is a common complaint. Which is fair comment when we rank last in passing yards season after season. Personally I like watching a running game, but I'm old fashioned like that. As long as we keep winning and getting to superbowls, I think calling for anyone to get sacked is a bit daft.

Quote Originally Posted by NAE NOOKIE View Post
    I've been a fan of American Football since it first arrived on Channel 4 years & years ago .... I'm a Jets fan

Quote Originally Posted by AyrshireHibs View Post
    You need to look at the Lombardi trophy DH!!

My bad .

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: CalvinoHFC PSN ID: CalvinoHFC
    I don't know enough to assess who deserves blame, but Bevell seems to be unpopular in general, not just because of Sundays shenanigans. Wilson is a talented quarterback who is constrained by a conservative game plan, is a common complaint. Which is fair comment when we rank last in passing yards season after season. Personally I like watching a running game, but I'm old fashioned like that. As long as we keep winning and getting to superbowls, I think calling for anyone to get sacked is a bit daft.
    I've always thought Bevell was good at playing to the strengths of the squad - he knows we have one of the weakest receiving corps in the league (whatever Doug Baldwin says) and two of the best runners - why would he go any more aggressive? Although maybe if Matthews is the player he looks like he could be then things will change!

I've always thought Bevell was good at playing to the strengths of the squad - he knows we have one of the weakest receiving corps in the league (whatever Doug Baldwin says) and two of the best runners - why would he go any more aggressive? Although maybe if Matthews is the player he looks like he could be then things will change!
    Pete says it was his play call anyway...

http://www.seahawks.com/news/articles/article-1/Six-things-we-learned-from-Seahawks-head-coach-Pete-Carroll-on-710-ESPN-Seattle/5d4c831a-e4b5-47a9-9769-137ccd7efdac

If it was me, I wouldn't have owned up to it.

Johnny Football is in rehab and Gordon is suspended for a year for booze related issues (apparently).

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: HibsMax
    Quote Originally Posted by Haymaker View Post
    Johnny Football is in rehab and Gordon is suspended for a year for booze related issues (apparently).
    I feel a wee bit sorry for him if what he wrote publicly last week is true. I know he is in a program and he has to abide by the rules so this not me making excuses for him, but apparently he had something like 4 drinks on a plane to / from Vegas after the season was over. According to Gordon, his previous infraction was due to him inhaling second hand smoke from a joint. I should read more because he's an amazing talent who has some off-field issues. How deep are those issues? That depends on which side of the story you believe. If he's been banned for a year for having four drinks after the season has ended, I think that is a little harsh.

I think Matthews will be a bit of a one hit wonder. we'll get some free agents and high round draft picks coming in to rotate withBaldwin and Kearse next season.

Now that this season is over, i'm looking to next season...

I'm getting married in June and the Missus has asked that we put our honeymoon back to Sept so we can take in a game while in the states. Obviously i was more than happy to do this, couple of questions...

1) We'll be going to a niners game in Sept (potentially the season opener) will we have any problem getting tics? any advice on getting these?

2) Would i be killed if i was to wear my Eagles jersey to a game not involving the Eagles? I will be with the Missus who is a niners fan.

Trying to persuade her to stop over in philly to take in a second game but that's going to take some work!!

Any help is appreciated

Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by lugz View Post

I'm getting married in June and the Missus has asked that we put our honeymoon back to Sept so we can take in a game while in the states. Obviously i was more than happy to do this, couple of questions...

1) We'll be going to a niners game in Sept (potentially the season opener) will we have any problem getting tics? any advice on getting these?

2) Would i be killed if i was to wear my Eagles jersey to a game not involving the Eagles? I will be with the Missus who is a niners fan.

Trying to persuade her to stop over in philly to take in a second game but that's going to take some work!!

Any help is appreciated
    1. It varies by team but getting tickets can be tricky when you consider there are only 8 home games per year in the regular season. Go through a reliable source and be prepared to shell out. It's a once-in-lifetime thing so it will be well worth it. You can even contact the team and tell them what you're doing, they might offer to help out (but I wouldn't hold my breath).

2. I doubt you will get killed with an Eagles jersey on in San Fran, they're not really known for being crazy, but you never know who you're going to meet. Not so sure about Raiders fans. Or Eagles fans for that matter. Personally speaking, if I had any doubts and my team wasn't even in the game then I would probably not wear it. I don't have an issue where my gear when my team is actually playing. From my experience it's usually a good, fun time with lots of banter. Get your wife a 9'ers shirt when you're out there and hide behind her. ;)

Cheers for the advice, I'll definitely go through reliable sources for tickets. Might even try the UK49ers club as my missus is a member.

Will probably leave the eagles jersey in the hotel on game day and buy a niners tshirt. Will wear it proudly in Vegas though and no doubt get some banter.

Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by lugz View Post

Any help is appreciated
    I was in San Francisco a few years ago for a conference. I arrived on the Saturday, rocked up to the stadium on the Sunday (it was against the Rams) and got a ticket with absolutely no bother. This was at Candlestick, but I doubt it's made a huge difference their relocation...it was also in early December but they were doing fairly well and still in contention...

2) You should be killed for wearing it but you'll be fine - I turned up wearing a Patriots baseball cap and ended up chatting away to the 49ers fans sitting next to me - as soon as they notice the accent, they'll want to talk to you out of interest anyway.

I was in San Francisco a few years ago for a conference. I arrived on the Saturday, rocked up to the stadium on the Sunday (it was against the Rams) and got a ticket with absolutely no bother. This was at Candlestick, but I doubt it's made a huge difference their relocation...it was also in early December but they were doing fairly well and still in contention...

2) You should be killed for wearing it but you'll be fine - I turned up wearing a Patriots baseball cap and ended up chatting away to the 49ers fans sitting next to me - as soon as they notice the accent, they'll want to talk to you out of interest anyway.
    Cheers for that, will definitely get tickets one way or another.

Haha I did think that eagles fans aren't the most popular, as u say once they hear the accent I'm sure they'd be welcoming.

Gamer IDs

So as the NFL investigation into 'DeflateGate' continues, it seems only one of the 11 balls deemed to be under was under by 2psi...the rest were 'only a tick or two'...

On nfl.com Judy Battitsta called Revis 'the best cornerback in football'

Ehh...maybe four years ago before Sherman got drafted.

So as the NFL investigation into 'DeflateGate' continues, it seems only one of the 11 balls deemed to be under was under by 2psi...the rest were 'only a tick or two'...
    And the refs didn't note the levels pre game.

Gamer IDs

and the one that was 2 PSI under was the one handed in by the Colts....

So... #deflategate just got interesting...

Gamer IDs

So... #deflategate just got interesting...
    I thought it got very interesting, and very quiet, when the only significantly under-inflated ball was the one apparently in the possession of the Colts.

I'll still wait for the official findings rather than on bits and pieces being leaked out.

Gamer IDs

ESPN's writers are so bad, it's hard to follow fully what they're trying to get at.

So, unless I'm misreading it, McNally tried to pass an unauthorised football onto the officials, which in turn had been passed onto him by an NFL employee...

That's all fair and well but it still doesn't answer when/how the ball was inflated?

One nfl ref has been sacked for taking match balls with intent to sell them... before the game!

Gamer IDs

One nfl ref has been sacked for taking match balls with intent to sell them... before the game!
    The NFL has rejected that claim and demanded a retraction and apology from ESPN.