hibs.net Messageboard

Page 227 of 407 FirstFirst ... 127177217225226227228229237277327 ... LastLast
Results 6,781 to 6,810 of 12186
    And GB drive right down the field to score a FG and tie it up!

2. Log in to remove the advert

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Euphoria1875
    Well done Bollah

What a crazy finish! Easy to say now, but GB should have passed more in the last few minutes as Sherman was playing with one arm, instead of trying to run the clock down.

Quote Originally Posted by Gatecrasher View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Well done Bollah
    Crazy crazy game. Jumping around the living room commiserations, you were the better team for seven eights of that game.

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by hibsbollah View Post
    Crazy crazy game. Jumping around the living room commiserations, you were the better team for seven eights of that game.
    I'm kinda speechless at the moment, it all happened so fast.

What a game. Packers stopped playing at 55 mins

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

And the next game begins, I'll probably call it quits after Q1 but I'll be a patriot tonight

These games are the best.

YAAAAAAAAASSSSSS!!!!

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by Haymaker View Post
    YAAAAAAAAASSSSSS!!!!
    I had a feeling it would be a blow out after I watched the first Quarter, Congrats!

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: sjmcg1304
    Tired and a bit groggy this morning but I'm genuinely stunned by how easy that was last night. The Colts are a much better team than that - Blount ran them ragged (like he did last year in the Divisionals) and Brady found so many weapons to distribute the ball to. Big Nate Solder!

I felt really sorry for you last night Gatey - that must have been a horrible pill to swallow as you looked good for it most of the game! Calvin and Bollah will be delighted and what a chance to win back to back Superbowls. I hope you don't, obviously, as I'd love to see us win another and get Brady/Belichick their 4th ring, but going up against that Seahawks defense is a scary prospect!
    Madness, as you know, is a lot like gravity. All it takes is a little push.

Just got my tickets for The Miami v Jets game.

Ticketmaster was a breeze, was expecting the usual meltdown.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by Sylar View Post
    Tired and a bit groggy this morning but I'm genuinely stunned by how easy that was last night. The Colts are a much better team than that - Blount ran them ragged (like he did last year in the Divisionals) and Brady found so many weapons to distribute the ball to. Big Nate Solder!

I felt really sorry for you last night Gatey - that must have been a horrible pill to swallow as you looked good for it most of the game! Calvin and Bollah will be delighted and what a chance to win back to back Superbowls. I hope you don't, obviously, as I'd love to see us win another and get Brady/Belichick their 4th ring, but going up against that Seahawks defense is a scary prospect!
    It feels like one of those moments that being a Hibs fan comes in handy.

I have had a bit of a chance to reflect on it a bit and I never felt safe in the game, even with a few minutes to go I knew what could still happen. I don't feel like the Seahawks beat The Packers I feel like the Packers beat themselves.

• Not taking enough advantage of Seattle's shocking first half.
    • 3rd and 19 - let them convert a 29 yard pass, only 2 rushers!
    • 4 & 1 on the goaline and they didnt go for it.
    • The onside kick! What was Bostick doing? Jordy was right behind him to catch it!
    • despite having a great game Clinton-Dix should have stopped that 2 point converson.
    • after the 4th interception 2 runs and a pass? a first down would have pretty much ended the game.

There are probably a few other examples as well.

Well done to the Seahawks though, They stuck with it and scored when it mattered. I find it hard to hate on any of them, even Sherman as it looks like he played the final 7 or 8 minutes with some sort of fracture and Wilson seems a good guy.

I think if the 2 teams show up to the superbowl with their best on display New England will win. IF New England can shut down Lynch and put the game in Wilson's hands I don't think he will be good enough to keep up with Brady. If that was New England playing in Seattle last night they would have been more clinical.

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post
    Just got my tickets for The Miami v Jets game.

Ticketmaster was a breeze, was expecting the usual meltdown.
    What area would you recommend getting tickets?

The playoffs have been amazing this year with a mix of close games and controversy.

Got just under 2 weeks to decide which team i dislike slightly less and back them in the final. Leaning towards NE, as with any SB winning team fans jump on a bandwagon but these new seattle fans have done my head in this season.
    Last edited by lugz; 19-01-2015 at 10:04 AM.

What area would you recommend getting tickets?
    There's probably others better placed to advise as I've never been to the new Wembley before.

I went for the upper sideling tickets, section 528 iirc.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post
    There's probably others better placed to advise as I've never been to the new Wembley before.

I went for the upper sideling tickets, section 528 iirc.
    I was Upper sideline block 527 this season and thought the seats were great, between 30 & 40 yd line. You can see plays develop, only thing is atmosphere can be lacking at times but that depends on who's around u and the score i suppose.

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Holy **** I didn't realise how quickly this all begins to add up.
    Ticket: £70
    Flights: £150
    Hotel: £120

I could go on holiday for that.

Gamer IDs

You could just go for cheaper tickets, no? I only paid £30 for my ticket to the Lions vs Falcons game this season in the upper deck

You'll be able to get a hotel for under £100 (Premier Inns around Earl's Court, Putney Bridge etc are usually c.£80 and on the main tube routes).

You should be able to get the train for around £80-100 return if you book far enough in advance too.

However, aye, for those coming from further afield, it's not cheap. I've no idea how people from Scotland manage to afford the season ticket and transport up and down/accommodation for each game!

Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by Sergio sledge View Post
    Is it not the case that the balls are centrally distributed for both teams? E.g., the Patriots don't hand the officials specific balls for their own offensive downs? They're handed over when requested by the officials - if that's the case, wouldn't both teams use this deflated ball?

Finally, how do they verify they've been deflated deliberately and didn't just lose pressure during the game (slow puncture etc?).

Quote Originally Posted by Sylar View Post

Finally, how do they verify they've been deflated deliberately and didn't just lose pressure during the game (slow puncture etc?).

Cause its the patriots . Knew you'd breeze past the colts last night . Roll on the Superbowl, go Seahawks .

Got my tickets for the Jets game, just need to get my hotel sorted. Is Hammersmith to out of the way for Wembley and/or London city?
    Last edited by DH1875; 19-01-2015 at 07:15 PM. Reason: I cant spell

Quote Originally Posted by DH1875 View Post

Got my tickets for the Jets game, just need to get my hotel sorted. Is Hammersmith to out of the way for Wembley and/or London city?

Not really, it will still take a while on the tube but anywhere in London takes a while to get to Wembley! And it is pretty much in Shepards Bush so not a bad night out.

It feels like one of those moments that being a Hibs fan comes in handy.

I have had a bit of a chance to reflect on it a bit and I never felt safe in the game, even with a few minutes to go I knew what could still happen. I don't feel like the Seahawks beat The Packers I feel like the Packers beat themselves.

• Not taking enough advantage of Seattle's shocking first half.
    • 3rd and 19 - let them convert a 29 yard pass, only 2 rushers!
    • 4 & 1 on the goaline and they didnt go for it.
    • The onside kick! What was Bostick doing? Jordy was right behind him to catch it!
    • despite having a great game Clinton-Dix should have stopped that 2 point converson.
    • after the 4th interception 2 runs and a pass? a first down would have pretty much ended the game.

There are probably a few other examples as well.

Well done to the Seahawks though, They stuck with it and scored when it mattered. I find it hard to hate on any of them, even Sherman as it looks like he played the final 7 or 8 minutes with some sort of fracture and Wilson seems a good guy.

I think if the 2 teams show up to the superbowl with their best on display New England will win. IF New England can shut down Lynch and put the game in Wilson's hands I don't think he will be good enough to keep up with Brady. If that was New England playing in Seattle last night they would have been more clinical.
    Pretty good analysis, I think you beat yourselves with some dumb decisions late on and although we didnt know it at the time some big defensive plays early by us (two goalline stands, sherman interception) kept us in the game when it could have been a blowout at halftime.

But it was a ridiculous ending. We were trailing 19-7 with 4 mins left, you had the ball, and we only had one timeout left. In that scenario, the game should be over. For the combination of 1. That drive for the wilson td to close the gap 2. Recovery the onside kick 3. The beast mode run straight after 4. That crazy two point conversion pass, and then overcoming the disappointment of you getting it to OT only for 5. Russell to hit Kearse to win the game on a play that had resulted in multiple interceptions earlier on...AND bearing in mind how bad the whole offense was performing prior to that point...

Well it was just ridiculous.

Looking forward to the superbowl, Only one of Russells four interceptions were down to bad throws by him, so im reasonably confident he will back to his usual self for the superbowl. Im more worried about Sherman and Thomas' injuries. Without those two at full strength I think Brady can pick apart our backups. I just think its a great, great matchup with about seven or eight fascinating matchups. Gronk vs Chancellor will be epic.

Oh and lugz, noone hates gloryhunting seahawks fans more than me
    Last edited by hibsbollah; 19-01-2015 at 06:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by hibsbollah View Post
    Pretty good analysis, I think you beat yourselves with some dumb decisions late on and although we didnt know it at the time some big defensive plays early by us (two goalline stands, sherman interception) kept us in the game when it could have been a blowout at halftime.

But it was a ridiculous ending. We were trailing 19-7 with 4 mins left, you had the ball, and we only had one timeout left. In that scenario, the game should be over. For the combination of 1. That drive for the wilson td to close the gap 2. Recovery the onside kick 3. The beast mode run straight after 4. That crazy two point conversion pass, and then overcoming the disappointment of you getting it to OT only for 5. Russell to hit Kearse to win the game on a play that had resulted in multiple interceptions earlier on...

Well it was just ridiculous.

Looking forward to the superbowl, Only one of Russells four interceptions were down to bad throws by him, so im reasonably confident he will back to his usual self for the superbowl. Im more worried about Sherman and Thomas' injuries. Without those two at full strength I think Brady can pick apart our backups. I just think its a great, great matchup with about seven or eight fascinating matchups. Gronk vs Chancellor will be epic.

Oh and lugz, noone hates gloryhunting seahawks fans more than me
    haha it happens every year. I don't mind your team they play hard and have deserved their success. It would wind me up if we somehow won a SB then all of a sudden there are 1000s of eagles fans in Britain.

You are, your off to London for the weekend .

What game you going down for and where are you staying?

Quote Originally Posted by Haymaker View Post
    Not really, it will still take a while on the tube but anywhere in London takes a while to get to Wembley! And it is pretty much in Shepards Bush so not a bad night out.
    Still looking at hotels . Keep coming back to one in Hammersmith. So its a decent enough area then?

Quote Originally Posted by DH1875 View Post
    Still looking at hotels . Keep coming back to one in Hammersmith. So its a decent enough area then?
    Hammersmith is alright aye, if you want to go out after the game then as I said Shepards Bush is round the corner. The tubes stop at around 1am so you can go anywhere to be honest.

Seems our game against the fish sold out in record time . I know they have a fan base over here but honestly surprised given how poor a side we are.

First Team Breakthrough SmithyHibee's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: SmithyNYG
    Got tickets for Chiefs vs Lions, section 501 so right at halfway line and in the upper tier £80. Booked to stay at the Generator Hostel at Tavistock Square which is £50 a night based on two of us in a twin room with the all important private bathroom! Just trains to sort out when they're released and I've got an 18-25 railcard to help bring the cost of that down. Expecting it to be an expensive weekend down there as well but I'm sure it'll be worth it to see my first game and hopefully Megatron and Jamaal Charles!