hibs.net Messageboard

Page 140 of 407 FirstFirst ... 4090130138139140141142150190240 ... LastLast
Results 4,171 to 4,200 of 12186
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Euphoria1875
    bought the Season package for £99 from NFL.com, looking forward to the season already . Will be getting ESPN College pass when i get paid .

2. Log in to remove the advert

Aaron Hernandez is now being investigated about the disappearance of Manti Teos girlfriend.

Sorry.

@hibs.net private member RyeSloan's Avatar
    Can someone explain why the NFL season is so short? Seems bizarre that they play so few games over only 4 months or so.

Quote Originally Posted by SiMar View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Can someone explain why the NFL season is so short? Seems bizarre that they play so few games over only 4 months or so.
    The sport is physically one of the hardest to play, the players union have blocked expanding the league as they feel more games would be impossible.

In my opinion the lack of it makes it more exciting, you cannot afford to lose as there isnt many games to catch up on.

I'd like to see them play 20 games, not that unreasonable for the money they make, an extra month of football would be fine with me.

Quote Originally Posted by NOLA View Post
    I'd like to see them play 20 games, not that unreasonable for the money they make, an extra month of football would be fine with me.
    When you factor in the pre season that's what each team plays. A team making it to the Superbowl can in theory be playing 24 games if they were a low seed in the playoffs.

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: HibsMax
    Quote Originally Posted by NOLA View Post
    It might be fine for you but certainly not the players. These guys get beat up HARD every game. I would love the season to be longer too but there is only so much the human body can take.

University of Michigan. Where the lesbians are big enough to play linebacker .

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: sjmcg1304
    Quote Originally Posted by Gatecrasher View Post
    Three guesses who your #1/#2 pick is going to be?
    Madness, as you know, is a lot like gravity. All it takes is a little push.

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by The Story So Far... View Post
    Three guesses who your #1/#2 pick is going to be?
    I don't know about that

Eagles are retiring #5 now McNabb is leaving the game.

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

I have been reading a bit about the BT/ESPN coverage of NCAA on the NFL forum and Digital spy (who have an 80 pager). Neither of them seem convinced that the new coverage of CFB will be as good as what ESPN America provided. BT haven't yet released their schedule which includes the start of the CFB season so I am pondering whether to go and get ESPN College pass or wait and see what BT/ESPN will cover. As someone who doesn't really follow a team but has preferred teams to watch ESPN college pass looks ideal but it misses out the CBS games such as Texas A&M v Alabama which will be a cracking game IMO. So I'm still in limbo a bit.

I have been reading a bit about the BT/ESPN coverage of NCAA on the NFL forum and Digital spy (who have an 80 pager). Neither of them seem convinced that the new coverage of CFB will be as good as what ESPN America provided. BT haven't yet released their schedule which includes the start of the CFB season so I am pondering whether to go and get ESPN College pass or wait and see what BT/ESPN will cover. As someone who doesn't really follow a team but has preferred teams to watch ESPN college pass looks ideal but it misses out the CBS games such as Texas A&M v Alabama which will be a cracking game IMO. So I'm still in limbo a bit.

Do Eurosport still cover the Notre Dame games?
    You can also get the likes SEC TV on the PS3 which covers the whole conference and all the sports the schools play, not just football. You get all sorts on it as well as the live games. Download the free app and see what you think as there's plenty on it (old games/highlights/documentaries/interviews...etc) I watched a thing about Tebow's days as a Gator the other night which was quite good.

Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by DH1875 View Post
    You can also get the likes SEC TV on the PS3 which covers the whole conference and all the sports the schools play, not just football. You get all sorts on it as well as the live games. Download the free app and see what you think as there's plenty on it (old games/highlights/documentaries/interviews...etc) I watched a thing about Tebow's days as a Gator the other night which was quite good.
    On A Mission? Watched it on Netflix a wee while back and I thought it was quite good - he was such a good College QB and it's a shame he hasn't transitioned better to the NFL really.

I'll be honest, I dropped my Sky/ESPN package last year as I was getting married and finishing my PhD so money was a bit tight. I opted to just watching the games through the usual "online" sources and for the most part, there were good feeds for every game I wanted to see.

Granted, it doesn't compare to being able to sit back with a few beers and watch the game on the TV but it's a good way to see as many games as you like without paying the ridiculous subscription charges.

On A Mission? Watched it on Netflix a wee while back and I thought it was quite good - he was such a good College QB and it's a shame he hasn't transitioned better to the NFL really.

I'll be honest, I dropped my Sky/ESPN package last year as I was getting married and finishing my PhD so money was a bit tight. I opted to just watching the games through the usual "online" sources and for the most part, there were good feeds for every game I wanted to see.

Granted, it doesn't compare to being able to sit back with a few beers and watch the game on the TV but it's a good way to see as many games as you like without paying the ridiculous subscription charges.

Just connect the laptop to the TV and everyone's a winner .

Can't remember the name of the Tebow programme. Was just a picture of him in a box. I clicked it and the programme started .

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Is it not like £90 for SEC TV? I'm not paying that. I might just see what the free streams are like though the pop ups are a pain in the arse.

I know if you signed up to MLB TV you could connect it to two PS3 accounts so in effect two people could use it. Maybe something to look into and see if some of the other stations do something similar and if they do, find someone to split the costs with.

Is it not like £90 for SEC TV? I'm not paying that. I might just see what the free streams are like though the pop ups are a pain in the arse.

They do a free version on the PS3 but you don't get the live games. You do get highlights and all the other stuff I said including some older full games. Even better if you like basketball as there's plenty of it on there as well (for free).

bought the Season package for £99 from NFL.com, looking forward to the season already . Will be getting ESPN College pass when i get paid .
    Just got an email to confirm they've taken this season's first payment! Never knew it automatically renewed each year so guess that decision's made for me

Gamer IDs

Just connect the laptop to the TV and everyone's a winner .

Can't remember the name of the Tebow programme. Was just a picture of him in a box. I clicked it and the programme started .
    I elected to doing that through an HDMI cable last year and depending on the feed, it was fine.

Didn't bring my TV when I moved down to Surrey though so it's still in the wife's house for now, so laptop it is!

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

They do a free version on the PS3 but you don't get the live games. You do get highlights and all the other stuff I said including some older full games. Even better if you like basketball as there's plenty of it on there as well (for free).
    Why haven't you mentioned this before?
    Quote Originally Posted by AyrshireHibs View Post
    Just got an email to confirm they've taken this season's first payment! Never knew it automatically renewed each year so guess that decision's made for me
    Does the NFL allow you to connect your laptop to your TV for streaming? I didn't look into that. Not really an issue either way. Mines is auto renewal for August 2014 (hope I remember).

Does the NFL allow you to connect your laptop to your TV for streaming? I didn't look into that. Not really an issue either way. Mines is auto renewal for August 2014 (hope I remember).

Again, I'm pretty sure you can connect your account to your PS3. Just download the app. It's called Sunday ticket or something along those lines. Will check it out later on mine to get what it's actual name is.

As for the SEC TV thing, my bad, thought it was common knowledge. If you've still got your American account checkout the apps section as there's loads off stuff that isn't on the UK version. You can't get it all as your in the UK but can get most of it .

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Again, I'm pretty sure you can connect your account to your PS3. Just download the app. It's called Sunday ticket or something along those lines. Will check it out later on mine to get what it's actual name is.

As for the SEC TV thing, my bad, thought it was common knowledge. If you've still got your American account checkout the apps section as there's loads off stuff that isn't on the UK version. You can't get it all as your in the UK but can get most of it .
    I'll have a look when I finish work.

Is the part in bold for the NFL Season Pass?

I elected to doing that through an HDMI cable last year and depending on the feed, it was fine.

Didn't bring my TV when I moved down to Surrey though so it's still in the wife's house for now, so laptop it is!
    A house without TV, must be bliss. We've 4 of them constantly on the go and they're constantly doing my nut in.

If that's the thing through NFL.COM then . I'll double check it all latter and let you know what it actually is.

Couldnt tell you mate - I just use the laptop!

Gamer IDs

4 weeks til College Football returns

As an aside, any of you coming down to Wembley who might happen to have a spare ticket? Looking to go but had to leave it late as I wasn't sure where I was going to be in September/October.

Soz bud. Forgot all about it. Had a look and it looks like they've changed supplier as it's now a company called direct tv you need to subscribe to. You can do it for PS3 only but think you need an American bank account .

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Soz bud. Forgot all about it. Had a look and it looks like they've changed supplier as it's now a company called direct tv you need to subscribe to. You can do it for PS3 only but think you need an American bank account .
    That's alright, found the SEC app but wasn't that impressed.
    college pass doesn't have game day or college football live. This sucks.