Results 4,051 to 4,080 of 12186
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Euphoria1875
    Rodgers signs new contract

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by DH1875 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Typical Jets. They do something right and then 10 mins later they totally blow it. Dee Millner looks the part and is by far the best CB in the draft. With Revis leaving it makes sense and I've no complaints there. Then it comes to Sheldon Richardson . Don't get me wrong, he's a good player but I don't see how he fits our system and despite our loses, where he will play. A very strange pick at that point in the draft as there was plenty of better players in there.
    Good news is that we could be going against the grain and looking like our next pick could actually be on the O. Talk of us even trading up for a QB. Geno Smith is the obvious choice but there are a few teams looking at him.
    But you never know how a player is going to turn out in the pros. The Seahawks were mercilessly slaughtered in the press last season for drafting Bruce Irvin who nobody rated as a first rounder, and took Russell Wilson to a chorus of 'who? in the third round. And they did OK Sheldon Richardson rookie of the year?

Quote Originally Posted by DH1875 View Post
    Typical Jets. They do something right and then 10 mins later they totally blow it. Dee Millner looks the part and is by far the best CB in the draft. With Revis leaving it makes sense and I've no complaints there. Then it comes to Sheldon Richardson . Don't get me wrong, he's a good player but I don't see how he fits our system and despite our loses, where he will play. A very strange pick at that point in the draft as there was plenty of better players in there.
    Good news is that we could be going against the grain and looking like our next pick could actually be on the O. Talk of us even trading up for a QB. Geno Smith is the obvious choice but there are a few teams looking at him.
    dee miliner looks the part at CB but hes had 5 surgeries already not sure if his body will hold up when the cold weather rolls in on the east coast , my view is the jets must be looking at a tight end next, or a good size WR, but its rex ryan calling the shots so who knows

Quote Originally Posted by WHO DAT! View Post
    dee miliner looks the part at CB but hes had 5 surgeries already not sure if his body will hold up when the cold weather rolls in on the east coast , my view is the jets must be looking at a tight end next, or a good size WR, but its rex ryan calling the shots so who knows
    With the Jaguars and Eagles passing on Smith I think he'll end up with us now. Rumour was we were looking at him with the 13th pick but looks like there was no need for that.

Bit of a run on defensive backs at the start of the 2nd.

There goes Manti Te'o to San Diego!

brave pick by the jets taking geno smith does he start??

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Geno smith to the Jets!

brave pick by the jets taking geno smith does he start??
    I think he will

Quote Originally Posted by AyrshireHibs View Post
    There goes Manti Te'o to San Diego!
    is that a real pick or did he make it up

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

I'm going to take a guess and say Green Bay will pick Eddie lacy

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: sjmcg1304
    Quite happy with Jamie Collins to New England. A very decent looking prospect
    Madness, as you know, is a lot like gravity. All it takes is a little push.

I think he will
    Dont you have to pay Sanchez a **** load this year (and a few more)? While I dont rate Sanchez he will be eating up a lot of cap space as 2nd string.

This does mean that Teballs is outta there! CFL for Mr No Talent.

Quote Originally Posted by Gatecrasher View Post
    I'm going to take a guess and say Green Bay will pick Eddie lacy
    a clever pick by Green bay, hes not an every down back and with rodgers onboard you dont need him to be, nice draft.

2013 1st round draft tonight, im predicting the Saints to draft Kenny Vaccaro or Sheldon Richardson, the popular pick would be Barkevious Mingo but its not often a team picks the player the fans want i dont think any QB will go in the 1st round this year, not 1 of them comes across as a franchise ready QB, they all look like backups TBH, im also keeping a look out for Terron Armstead an OT who had a brilliant combine and Tyrann Mathieu a top player with some off field shenanigans to his name mind you with a dad in jail for murder an absent mum and being adopted by your aunt and uncle id say hes done well for himself to get this far
    well my vaccaro pick came in and im well chuffed we were able to get Armstead, i never thought he would still be available, he was my hope to god we get him pick, loads of upside to his game and sure to be a star in the years to come! ( cue a drunken car crash in arkansas in the next 3 months)

Some interesting moves yesterday. Jets did well with Chris Ivory coming in and drafting Smith. Honey Badger to Arizona, Barkley still not picked. Seattle drafted a RB whos first name is 'Christine'

Gamer IDs

Wow - quite delighted with Aaron Dobson from Marshall - tall, fast WR with long arms who demonstrated an ability to make plays even in coverage.

We needed a WR and this seems like a good capture.

Quote Originally Posted by Haymaker View Post
    Dont you have to pay Sanchez a **** load this year (and a few more)? While I dont rate Sanchez he will be eating up a lot of cap space as 2nd string.

This does mean that Teballs is outta there! CFL for Mr No Talent.
    We'll just have to bite the bullet with Sanchez - if we cut him before June we can save a bit on the monstrous contract we gave him. We also restructured D'Brickashaw Ferguson's deal to give us an extra 5mil in cap which will help somewhere.

Tebow is now more likely to hang around I believe.
    Last edited by James.; 27-04-2013 at 11:33 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by The Story So Far... View Post
    Wow - quite delighted with Aaron Dobson from Marshall - tall, fast WR with long arms who demonstrated an ability to make plays even in coverage.

We needed a WR and this seems like a good capture.
    Theres some amazing youtube footage of one of his catches...

Of the Brits, tackle Menelik Watson gets drafted in the second round by the Raiders, Lawrence Okoye not been drafted yet.
    Last edited by hibsbollah; 27-04-2013 at 11:57 AM.

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: CalvinoHFC PSN ID: CalvinoHFC
    Quote Originally Posted by hibsbollah View Post
    Theres some amazing youtube footage of one of his catches...

Of the Brits, tackle Menelik Watson gets drafted in the second round by the Raiders, Lawrence Okoye not been drafted yet.
    I really doubt that Okoye will go until the seventh round when one of the teams with stockpiled picks can afford to take a punt, if at all. Josh Wort won't get drafted either.

Of our picks last night, I'm quite happy. We needed an RB and given the class this year and our strength across the rest of the field, it was right to go for the best one available. Jordan Hill should form a good rotation with Brandon Mebane at DT, especially because backups like Clinton McDonald never left me with a lot of confidence.

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Did GB give up their 3rd round pick? I fell asleep but can't see anything else about a pick after lacy

Quote Originally Posted by Calvin View Post
    I really doubt that Okoye will go until the seventh round when one of the teams with stockpiled picks can afford to take a punt, if at all. Josh Wort won't get drafted either.

Of our picks last night, I'm quite happy. We needed an RB and given the class this year and our strength across the rest of the field, it was right to go for the best one available. Jordan Hill should form a good rotation with Brandon Mebane at DT, especially because backups like Clinton McDonald never left me with a lot of confidence.
    it definitely fills our last need, in the middle. I think its very possible that one of our new 'defensive end' signings (Bennett is big enough), could operate in the middle. Front four of Bruce Irvin, Michael Bennett, Mebane and Cliff Avril with Hill in the rotation and Clemons due back in mid season looks pretty strong on paper.

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: CalvinoHFC PSN ID: CalvinoHFC
    Quote Originally Posted by hibsbollah View Post
    it definitely fills our last need, in the middle. I think its very possible that one of our new 'defensive end' signings (Bennett is big enough), could operate in the middle. Front four of Bruce Irvin, Michael Bennett, Mebane and Cliff Avril with Hill in the rotation and Clemons due back in mid season looks pretty strong on paper.
    True enough. The only area I have a slight concern about is at OLB. Wagner in the middle is great and KJ Wright is good enough, but I'd like a bit more strength in depth despite not being really that short numbers-wise just now.

Quote Originally Posted by Calvin View Post
    True enough. The only area I have a slight concern about is at OLB. Wagner in the middle is great and KJ Wright is good enough, but I'd like a bit more strength in depth despite not being really that short numbers-wise just now.
    I like KJ a lot.

our latest two picks; WR Chris Harper, but built like a TE at 234lbs, and another monster defensive tackle Jesse Williams, a 325 lb Australian covered in tattoos. We've also got another corner from LSU, and we still have SIX picks in the last two rounds. I was really expecting us to get another QB by now.

Gamer IDs

Surprised Shoelace had to wait until the 5th round to be drafted - to Jacksonville in the end!

Quite glad to see he's not been drafted as a QB because he was pish throwing the football in Michigan.

Can't say I know much about the Rutgers CB or Safety we've acquired or indeed the TCU WR. Not teams I've seen much off in the past couple of years.

Quote Originally Posted by Gatecrasher View Post
    Geno smith to the Jets!
    I'm just surprised I called one of these right . I make that 6 QB's we've got. Who says we don't know what we are doing .

We'll just have to bite the bullet with Sanchez - if we cut him before June we can save a bit on the monstrous contract we gave him. We also restructured D'Brickashaw Ferguson's deal to give us an extra 5mil in cap which will help somewhere.

Tebow is now more likely to hang around I believe.

I thought it was the other way around. If we cut him before June its gonna cost us something like $20 million but will only, only be about $12 million after June. I could be completely wrong though. Only god knows whats going to happen with Tebow but he's no use in a West cost O so don't get why he's not been freed. He has apparently been working out a lot though and has lost a kit load weight.

Tebow has been working out?! He has been on speaking tours and appearing at Gators games. He isnt "all in" as his PR person has said. CFL here he comes!

Quote Originally Posted by Haymaker View Post
    Tebow has been working out?! He has been on speaking tours and appearing at Gators games. He isnt "all in" as his PR person has said. CFL here he comes!
    You really like him I can tell.

You really like him I can tell.
    Im sure he is a nice guy but he has never been an NFL QB. Add in the media lovefest to make him the most over hyped page filler of all time!

130 days until the new season!

Tebow is released by NY Jets.