hibs.net Messageboard

Page 354 of 406 FirstFirst ... 254304344352353354355356364404 ... LastLast
Results 10,591 to 10,620 of 12180
    Quote Originally Posted by Sylar View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Win in two weeks time, and I wouldn't at all be surprised to see Brady, Gronk and Belichick retire, with McDaniels stepping up to Head Coach.

Utterly stunning win last night. What a superb game of football. On coffee number 3 already.
    Gronk is surely finished no matter what happens, but Brady talks like he wants to keep going forever! I'm not sure I'll last all day at work today...

Even though I don't like the Patriots it was an incredible game, unbelievable comeback by the chiefs to tie it up after getting the ball back with 39 seconds to play, all decided on the coin toss, if the chiefs had one that then I think they'd have scored and won.

On another note, Tony Romo is a great commentator, he was calling the Patriots plays all game, particularly in overtime, he knew exactly what Brady was changing the plays to and called it almost every time.
    Last edited by Sergio sledge; 21-01-2019 at 09:50 AM.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Win in two weeks time, and I wouldn't at all be surprised to see Brady, Gronk and Belichick retire, with McDaniels stepping up to Head Coach.

Utterly stunning win last night. What a superb game of football. On coffee number 3 already.
    Even I'm on the GOAT bandwagon now. Montana was a genius but Brady just keeps winning.

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: sjmcg1304
    Quote Originally Posted by Sergio sledge View Post
    Gronk is surely finished no matter what happens, but Brady talks like he wants to keep going forever! I'm not sure I'll last all day at work today...

Even though I don't like the Patriots it was an incredible game, unbelievable comeback by the chiefs to tie it up after getting the ball back with 39 seconds to play, all decided on the coin toss, if the chiefs had one that then I think they'd have scored and won.

On another note, Tony Romo is a great commentator, he was calling the Patriots plays all game, particularly in overtime, he knew exactly what Brady was changing the plays to and called it almost every time.
    I really like Romo as a commentator. I genuinely think he'll go on to be one of the best commentators in the game. His insights, his wit and his love for the game are exceptional, and he doesn't have any biases.

I think Brady and Belichick want that one more. Gronk will put it all on the line in two weeks time and I think he'll retire as one of the greatest TEs to play the game afterward.

I do think change is on the horizon in New England regardless of what happens in 2 weeks time, but I reckon GOAT and GOAT will want to go out on the ultimate high.

Wembley games 2019

Carolina Panthers at Tampa Bay Buccaneers
    • Chicago Bears at Oakland Raiders
    • Cincinnati Bengals at Los Angeles Rams
    • Houston Texans at Jacksonville Jaguars

Bears Raiders will be in demand. Lots of fans from the 1980s.

I really like Romo as a commentator. I genuinely think he'll go on to be one of the best commentators in the game. His insights, his wit and his love for the game are exceptional, and he doesn't have any biases.

I think Brady and Belichick want that one more. Gronk will put it all on the line in two weeks time and I think he'll retire as one of the greatest TEs to play the game afterward.

I do think change is on the horizon in New England regardless of what happens in 2 weeks time, but I reckon GOAT and GOAT will want to go out on the ultimate high.

Always like listening to Romo, calls the plays before they happen, but also explains why they’ve happened. He’s down to earth, enthusiastic, articulate, and keen to share insights with the viewers that aren’t always apparent.

when you consider what the equivalent is for Scottish football, Andy Walker, Steven Thomson, Neil ‘cliche’ McCann, it makes you weep

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Euphoria1875
    I agree Tony Romo is excellent to listen to, and as above i have seen more than a few occasions where he has predicted what would happen before it did. then explains why so well that we all understand.

That Rams CB is writing the Patriots pregame speech.

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Euphoria1875
    What’s the predictions then? I think the rams will win.

Quote Originally Posted by Gatecrasher View Post
    What’s the predictions then? I think the rams will win.
    Hopefully the Patriots or I lose a few quid 😬

Only an idiot confidently bets against the Patriots.
    So I've done so

Rams by 13-18 points at 5/1 and Robert Woods MVP at 50/1.

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: sjmcg1304
    Genuinely too close to call I think - if Gurley is fully fit, they're a pretty fearsome team.

Having said that, our defense beautifully shut down Mahomes et al, and we did a great job keeping Gordon quiet in the Chargers game.

I reckon Brady et al are seriously fire up for this and I think this will be a final hurrah for a few players.

Patriots by 3-7.

(First time I've backed us for a while - cue a blowout win for LA ).

First Team Breakthrough uk3doorsdown's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: uk3doorsdown PSN ID: uk3doorsdown
    Can't see past Tom and Bill tbh, lost last year, hurting for more. Rams are lucky to be in the game. Could be a shoot out.

so close

Quote Originally Posted by uk3doorsdown View Post
    Can't see past Tom and Bill tbh, lost last year, hurting for more. Rams are lucky to be in the game. Could be a shoot out.
    Best team in the NFL this season imo. Don't let that one call cloud your judgement though

Quote Originally Posted by Haymaker View Post
    so close
    Can't wait mate its nearly here

Does anyone know if any bookies do a bet builder type bet? I know you can request one through social media but I wanted to try and build my own?

I’m thinking if for instance under -0.( in the first quarter, over 52 points in the game, Rams +2

Also, how feasible is it to get to the SuperBowl? Anyone been before?

Quote Originally Posted by LustForLeith View Post
    Anything is possible if you've got the money .

Think Sylar and maybe Greenlake have been to the SuperBowl but they'd need to tell you about that.

So what's everyone doing tonight? Looks like I'm in the house on my own for this one. Is the forum busy when the games on, can't remember (need someone to talk too lol).

I find myself strangely confused by this one. Hate the Patsies and never want them to win but also hate the Rams as their part of everything I hate about American sports (teams moving from state to state is just wrong).

I will be up for this hopefully. Got a bet on Aaron Donald to be MVP. Fancy the Rams but anything is possible if Brady plays to his best.

Quote Originally Posted by David_D View Post
    I will be up for this hopefully. Got a bet on Aaron Donald to be MVP. Fancy the Rams but anything is possible if Brady plays to his best.
    The problem you've got there is linemen don't win superbowl MVP. Not for thirty years! He is an amazing player, reminds me a lot of JJ Watt about three seasons ago who dominates the middle. With Suh next to him the o line can't double up on him so he's doubly dangerous.

Quote Originally Posted by LustForLeith View Post
    It's expensive, really expensive. Not just the tickets, hotels are 3 night minimum and $7500 a night apparently.

Was hoping to go with the local billionaire but he didn't offer which is a shame. $1m he's paying to be on the 50 yard line in the box.

Quote Originally Posted by DH1875 View Post
    So what's everyone doing tonight? Looks like I'm in the house on my own for this one. Is the forum busy when the games on, can't remember (need someone to talk too lol).

I find myself strangely confused by this one. Hate the Patsies and never want them to win but also hate the Rams as their part of everything I hate about American sports (teams moving from state to state is just wrong).
    I'll be here DH but expect my posts to get a bit messy... 4 hours until I start boozing!!

Quote Originally Posted by hibsbollah View Post
    The problem you've got there is linemen don't win superbowl MVP. Not for thirty years! He is an amazing player, reminds me a lot of JJ Watt about three seasons ago who dominates the middle. With Suh next to him the o line can't double up on him so he's doubly dangerous.
    I agree it’s highly unlikely. Just a feeling I have had for about a week. So thought why not.

Quote Originally Posted by David_D View Post
    I agree it’s highly unlikely. Just a feeling I have had for about a week. So thought why not.
    Good luck
    It's a chance of course, I just have a feeling the skill positions will dominate tonight. Sony Michel might be a good bet but I've gone for Rams WR Robert Woods.

Quote Originally Posted by DH1875 View Post
    Think America agrees with me. Patsie fans supposed to be outnumbering the Rams by 5 to 1 in the stadium lol. Any other team and the neutrals would be against them.

Rams getting boo'd lol.

Have the Rams got blokes in their cheerleading squad or am I imagining things

Gladys Kaepernick doing the anthem.

I am almost old enough to be the Rams' head coach's dad

And we are off and running.

Let's go Rams