hibs.net Messageboard

Page 330 of 406 FirstFirst ... 230280320328329330331332340380 ... LastLast
Results 9,871 to 9,900 of 12180
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: CalvinoHFC PSN ID: CalvinoHFC
    Quote Originally Posted by Haymaker View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Didn't the Colts already announce it before the Super Bowl?

He's got the nod from BB.
    They announced it after the super bowl! Plenty of deleted tweets from their account!

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by Calvin View Post
    They announced it after the super bowl! Plenty of deleted tweets from their account!
    I thought it was in the bag before hand. Still, the Colts look as bad as the SFA right now!

Will be interesting to see what happens with Nick Foles surely He can't stay at Philadelphia as backup QB. After this.

Not sure how available he will be and what the cost could be but I would be more than happy if We traded a 3rd round pick for him but I cant see why that would even be considered by the Eagles.
    Last edited by EH54; 07-02-2018 at 12:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by EH54 View Post
    Will be interesting to see what happens with Nick Foles surely He can't stay at Philadelphia as backup QB. After this.

Not sure how available he will be and what the cost could be but I would be more than happy if We traded a 3rd round pick for him but I cant see why that would even be considered by the Eagles.
    We're not even sure if Wentz will be ready for the start of next season so unless we get a ridiculous offer I can't see us trading, we're not going to get much better a backup based on his last few games and it would allow us to avoid rushing Wentz back and potentially ruining him like the Redskins did to RG3.

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: sjmcg1304
    Genuinely stunned McDaniels is staying in New England.

I suspect that he probably has been given some nod about succession to BB - it's the only thing I can think of!

I'm just pleased Patricia didn't turn around do similar. I'm truly glad to see the back of him.

Quote Originally Posted by Sylar View Post
    Genuinely stunned McDaniels is staying in New England.

I suspect that he probably has been given some nod about succession to BB - it's the only thing I can think of!

I'm just pleased Patricia didn't turn around do similar. I'm truly glad to see the back of him.
    He is the most piratey looking man I've ever seen. Next stop, Buccaneers?

Quote Originally Posted by Sergio sledge View Post
    We're not even sure if Wentz will be ready for the start of next season so unless we get a ridiculous offer I can't see us trading, we're not going to get much better a backup based on his last few games and it would allow us to avoid rushing Wentz back and potentially ruining him like the Redskins did to RG3.
    You'll keep him until the trade deadline at least. After that, Foles is getting paid either in Philly or elsewhere.

What happens though if Foles goes 6-0 before Wentz is healthy? That's going to be a tough decision.

What happens though if Foles goes 6-0 before Wentz is healthy? That's going to be a tough decision.
    I think they'll keep both of them. Something like 40% of starting qbs got injured at some point this season so everyone needs a good back up. Unless there's a salary cap problem...

Quote Originally Posted by hibsbollah View Post
    I think they'll keep both of them. Something like 40% of starting qbs got injured at some point this season so everyone needs a good back up. Unless there's a salary cap problem...
    They are both starting QBs now neither will be happy as back up, look at Jimmy Garoppolo it will be extremely hard to keep them both happy

Quote Originally Posted by hibsbollah View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by EH54 View Post
    They are both starting QBs now neither will be happy as back up, look at Jimmy Garoppolo it will be extremely hard to keep them both happy

All good points. I think, if Foles kicks off the season in that kind of form, they’ll ease wentz back in gently, whilst looking to get Foles on a lucrative long deal, then trade Foles for a big haul of picks/players. As said, 2 qb’s wanting to start isn’t going to work, wentz’s age is the attractive factor (assuming he returns to full health). Foles will be hot property.

They could also, very quietly, engage with Foles to see which teams he’d want to go to, as a thanks for his efforts in getting to and winning the super bowl.

Gamer IDs

Pats trade an ageing Brady for a first round pick. Patriots trade that first round pick for Foles.

Foles marches New England to a Superbowl win against the Eagles next season

It's unlikely any of the above happen, but if it does, this post is getting dragged up and I'll demand praise for having a wild imagination

Pats trade an ageing Brady for a first round pick. Patriots trade that first round pick for Foles.

Foles marches New England to a Superbowl win against the Eagles next season

It's unlikely any of the above happen, but if it does, this post is getting dragged up and I'll demand praise for having a wild imagination

I think the mcdaniels pull out was orchestrated to get the Colts to get the guy from the eagles thus ****ing over both The Eagles for the super bowl and the Colts for deflategate.

I’m watching coach snoop on Netflix good viewing

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not Football but who's the St. John's basketball fan on here? Ayrshire or bollah? They just took down (at 11-13) #1 Villanova at 22-1. Cracking game.

Not Football but who's the St. John's basketball fan on here? Ayrshire or bollah? They just took down (at 11-13) #1 Villanova at 22-1. Cracking game.
    No me.

Jimmy Garoppolo signs record deal with 49ers highest paid QB that's some amount of money likes for a relatively unproven QB not saying it won't be a great deal mind you always thought he would head back to NE after Brady since he only signed a short deal..

http://deadsp.in/ebmWsTt

Everything about this is amazing!

Quote Originally Posted by Sergio sledge View Post
    http://deadsp.in/ebmWsTt

Everything about this is amazing!

**** I hate Sundays without football.

Colts may well have dodged a bullet with McDaniels. At Denver he was absolutely awful. Might have improved a bit now but horrendously bad in Denver.

Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by nellio View Post
    Colts may well have dodged a bullet with McDaniels. At Denver he was absolutely awful. Might have improved a bit now but horrendously bad in Denver.
    My concern is that he's stayed in New England because he's been promised some shot at head coaching very soon (I don't see Belichick sticking around much longer now).

I absolutely do not want him as head coach in New England - I think he'd be a disaster.

My concern is that he's stayed in New England because he's been promised some shot at head coaching very soon (I don't see Belichick sticking around much longer now).

I absolutely do not want him as head coach in New England - I think he'd be a disaster.
    In that case I hope BB stands down and Brady and Gronk retire ASAP

I think you're correct, he’s likely to suffer the the usual ‘post legendary lol my term coach’ performance drop off that has happened elsewhere (Alex Ferguson, Phil Jackson, Brian clough, etc). He’s likely to have either no brady or ‘falling off a cliff’ Brady, which would probably be worse than no brady.

Quote Originally Posted by McD View Post
    I think you're correct, he’s likely to suffer the the usual ‘post legendary lol my term coach’ performance drop off that has happened elsewhere (Alex Ferguson, Phil Jackson, Brian clough, etc). He’s likely to have either no brady or ‘falling off a cliff’ Brady, which would probably be worse than no brady.
    Can't wait

Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by DH1875 View Post
    Can't wait
    You don't need to wait - you want to see a **** team, you can look much closer to home

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Euphoria1875
    I have been looking at GB new DC now that's Capers is gone, that guy has a pretty decent record. If he can get the Defence being at least average then with Rodgers and the run game looking half decent there might be a play off run next year. Its all down to recruiting well enough in the off-season now.

Quote Originally Posted by Gatecrasher View Post
    I have been looking at GB new DC now that's Capers is gone, that guy has a pretty decent record. If he can get the Defence being at least average then with Rodgers and the run game looking half decent there might be a play off run next year. Its all down to recruiting well enough in the off-season now.
    You've got a bit of cap space to play with at least. We're projected to be $10m over the salary cap in 2018....

I'm hoping some of the SUPERBOWL CHAMPIONS decide to restructure their contracts and stay with the Eagles to try to make another run next season rather than having to try to trade some of them away. Although we really could do with strengthening the defence against the pass, we were shredded at times last season.

Quote Originally Posted by DH1875 View Post
    Can't wait

Hahaha

my team are pish, so not sure if that means I shouldn’t laugh, or laugh away

You don't need to wait - you want to see a **** team, you can look much closer to home
    At least we could be **** together . Makes a difference watching football knowing your ***** and your not gonna win much, if anything whilst your main rivals dominate. Would say it takes some getting used to but then you are UofM so should be used to it by now .