hibs.net Messageboard

Page 406 of 406 FirstFirst ... 306356396404405406
Results 12,151 to 12,180 of 12180
    @hibs.net private member BroxburnHibee's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: CoolHibeesdaft PSN ID: Hibeesdaft
    Quote Originally Posted by hibsbollah View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Two teams i cant stand, so I’m not even sure im staying up for it.
    Last year was probably my favourite ever so tonight is bound to be a letdown

Remember that holding penalty that cost the Eagles at the end?
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, vodka in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming, "WOO HOO what a ride!"

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member overdrive's Avatar
    Anyone watching it on STV instead of Sky? If so is anyone else’s audio massively out of sync on the live bits? The pre recorded stuff seems ok. Thought it was my telly but other channels are ok.

Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by ErinGoBraghHFC View Post
    I know very little about the NFL, does anyone have any bookies tips for the Super Bowl? Will gladly pay the favour back come October for the World Series

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Should have a bet on how many times Taylor is on camera....

Over/under 100
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, vodka in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming, "WOO HOO what a ride!"

Quote Originally Posted by WeeRussell View Post
    Prefer the chiefs to San Francisco but I think 49ers win tonight. I’d have them shorter than they are in the betting.

Soon find oot.
    I find this one really tough to call - 50/50 for me.

49ers have threats everywhere but Mahomes just has an ability to make things happen out of nothing.

Interesting game. Didn’t see the Chiefs making it this far for most of the season but as the playoffs progressed they just started to look more and more like themselves.

Quote Originally Posted by BroxburnHibee View Post
    Should have a bet on how many times Taylor is on camera....

Over/under 100
    There’s number 1… she is a beautiful woman, to be fair.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by WeeRussell View Post
    Prefer the chiefs to San Francisco but I think 49ers win tonight. I’d have them shorter than they are in the betting.

Soon find oot.
    Yeah, after watching the preview show just reminded me i couldn’t possibly want the 49ers to win any game, so its the Chiefs for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Smartie View Post
    I find this one really tough to call - 50/50 for me.

49ers have threats everywhere but Mahomes just has an ability to make things happen out of nothing.

Interesting game. Didn’t see the Chiefs making it this far for most of the season but as the playoffs progressed they just started to look more and more like themselves.
    Agree re Mahomes - the best there is!

I just think it’ll be the 49ers that are strong in this one. McCaffrey’s night I think!

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: sjmcg1304
    Yeah, after watching the preview show just reminded me i couldn’t possibly want the 49ers to win any game, so its the Chiefs for me.
    I've seen the 49ers more than any other team because of work (they're just down the road from Stanford these days), and one of the star men is a former Cardinal, so I'm 'loosely' cheering on SF.

Though I don't care one iota who wins in truth.
    Madness, as you know, is a lot like gravity. All it takes is a little push.

@hibs.net private member cabbageandribs1875's Avatar
    control yer man Taylor hen

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Sylar View Post
    I've seen the 49ers more than any other team because of work (they're just down the road from Stanford these days), and one of the star men is a former Cardinal, so I'm 'loosely' cheering on SF.

Though I don't care one iota who wins in truth.
    I was a bit of a 49'rs fan back in the day when Jerry Rice and Joe Montana were the star men. My best mate was a Redskins fan. Haven't watched the sport for years, but watching tonight. Enjoying it. Tight game but 49r's beginning to have the upper hand.

HT 10-3 49ers

49ers clearly the best team first half, hasnt felt like a one score game and Andy Reid and the Chiefs will probably be happy to get in and regroup with the game still anyones. The 49ers defensive front completely dominating the KC Oline is the big reason the games been the way it has. Whether the public criticism from their own coaches was a factor only they can tell i suppose, but interesting psychology if so.

The Tre Greenlaw bizarre injury where he just slipped simply running back onto the field, is about as bad as you could get, torn Achilles. Incredible. Also a really key player for them.

mahomes first interception in 218 passes jeezo

49ers need to get some more points on the board next drive

oh my a 49ers fumble, they're wobbling now

TD kansas and that could be that i'm amazed Bet365 were still giving Kansas +3.5 before that fumble :)

some gamble there instead of taking the FG

and it pays off TD 49ers :) oh wow no extra point poor
    Last edited by cabbageandribs1875; 12-02-2024 at 02:43 AM.

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: hibee-87
    I'm not a fan of this. But heavily invested in this final

i think that was 49ers 4th false start, poor stuff

obviously they weren't to know it at the time but that missed Moody FG would have won it for them in regular time

mon niners finish this :) oh another flag against them, coaches must tear their hair out

again poor from 49ers from that position so have to settle for the 3 points

over to you chiefs

oh wow chiefs short for a 1st there, 4th & 1, get it np's

they've played the clock brilliantly here

chiefs TD incoming me thinks

and there it is the Swifties win it, 49ers just didn't take those chances to win it
    Last edited by cabbageandribs1875; 12-02-2024 at 03:49 AM.

This is amazing. Chiefs at the 5 in ot.

Chiefs win.

time to turn over, it's now going to be Taylorbowl

Great superbowl as a Rams fan no beef in the game but enjoyed it.

Great winning drive from KC

Gamer IDs

Superb from Mahones again.

Incredible drive to win.

Left by mutual consent!
    I went away to my bed at half-time 10-3 49ers. Wow, must have been some 3rd and 4th quarters. Congratulations to Kansas. Well done.

two arrested after multiple people shot during kansas superbowl parade

at least one fatality
    Last edited by cabbageandribs1875; 14-02-2024 at 09:34 PM.

Free agency began last week, i think i enjoy free agency and the draft next month just as much as when the season's underway. Way too many big moves to be able to detail them all. Theres a good argument that the NFL just does it this way to maximise sales of new editions of Madden
    Big QB moves Kirk Cousins Vikes to Falcons. who send their failed experiment Ridder to the Cards. Russell Wilson Broncos to Steelers. AND Justin Fields Bears to Steelers! (Steelers now have 2 decent starters at QB, send Kenny Pickett to Eagles) Sam Howell Commanders to Seahawks. Sam Darnold moves to fill the hole with the Vikings, probably as a backup to a big name rookie.

Loads of big RB moves Saquan Barkley Giants to Eagles, Derrick Henry Titans to Ravens (who I think did some great business overall) Mixon Bengals to Texans. Ekeler to Commnaders, Josh Jacobs Raiders to Packers, who send Aaron Jones to the Vikings. D'andre Swift moves again, Eagles to Bears.

Everyone seems to want to keep their good receivers.

Jets get two big tackles from the Cowboys and Ravens to protect Rodgers, and the Titans, Steelers, Giants, Eagles all seem to have made some good moves to strengthen their defenses.

The draft next month looks like it will all about quarterbacks. Bears Vikings Commanders Giants and Patriots all need someone, and there are 4 or 5 top QB candidates coming out of college. Bears draft first and will almost definitely take the most in demand, Caleb Williams from USC.

...and then its just a 4/5 month wait until the new season actually starts!

I think the Texans have done some good business. On top of building their draft capital and utilising it well last year. I'd they fill a couple of holes at this year's draft then they will be serious contenders.

Happy enough with our off season in Miami. Losing Wilkins was tough but the contract he is on at the Raiders is mad. We got Zach Sieler on a $20M 3 year contract last summer and his stats are broadly comparable to Wilkins and indeed favourable in a few categories. Xavien Howard has been a good servant but he's washed and it was huge money on a guy who wasn't producing the same numbers as when he signed an elite contract. Poyer is a decent short term fix at safety, Shaquill Barrett is a good addition at LB, Jonnu Smith is a good option at TE coming off a career best receiving year, Jordyn Brooks is another solid pick up at LB and Siran Neal will help an awful special teams unit. I'm most gutted about losing Andrew Van Ginkel, he makes plays every time he is on the park and is a great personality and versatile. That's a great signing for the Vikings.

We need to sort out the QB situation, we either commit to Tua now or move on, I hope it's the former. We also have big needs on the OL but that will be addressed in the draft.

Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post
    I think the Texans have done some good business. On top of building their draft capital and utilising it well last year. I'd they fill a couple of holes at this year's draft then they will be serious contenders.

Happy enough with our off season in Miami. Losing Wilkins was tough but the contract he is on at the Raiders is mad. We got Zach Sieler on a $20M 3 year contract last summer and his stats are broadly comparable to Wilkins and indeed favourable in a few categories. Xavien Howard has been a good servant but he's washed and it was huge money on a guy who wasn't producing the same numbers as when he signed an elite contract. Poyer is a decent short term fix at safety, Shaquill Barrett is a good addition at LB, Jonnu Smith is a good option at TE coming off a career best receiving year, Jordyn Brooks is another solid pick up at LB and Siran Neal will help an awful special teams unit. I'm most gutted about losing Andrew Van Ginkel, he makes plays every time he is on the park and is a great personality and versatile. That's a great signing for the Vikings.

We need to sort out the QB situation, we either commit to Tua now or move on, I hope it's the former. We also have big needs on the OL but that will be addressed in the draft.
    I hadnt realised youd got Shaq Barrett, he had some unplayable seasons at the Buccs and could be gold. Jordan Brooks didnt really do well enough for us to justify extending his rookie contract, i think youve overpaid there a bit. Hes a bit like Patrick Queen, hard to say how good he actually was off his own talent or how much was due to having a Hall of Famer playing next to him at MLB?

I agree the Texans business looks good on paper. Also like the Steelers and Eagles’ moves.

PB- thoughts on Jerome Baker? You had him for a few seasons now.
    Last edited by hibsbollah; 17-03-2024 at 09:36 AM.

I hadnt realised youd got Shaq Barrett, he had some unplayable seasons at the Buccs and could be gold. Jordan Brooks didnt really do well enough for us to justify extending his rookie contract, i think youve overpaid there a bit. Hes a bit like Patrick Queen, hard to say how good he actually was off his own talent or how much was due to having a Hall of Famer playing next to him at MLB?

I agree the Texans business looks good on paper. Also like the Steelers and Eagles’ moves.

PB- thoughts on Jerome Baker? You had him for a few seasons now.
    He's solid at middle linebacker. I think he had 3 100+ tackle seasons for us. Not a superstar but effective, a 7/10 every week type.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post
    He's solid at middle linebacker. I think he had 3 100+ tackle seasons for us. Not a superstar but effective, a 7/10 every week type.
    Hmm. Brooks was sometimes an 8 sometimes a 6 so probably an equal exchange.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/sport...on-settlement/

Ive been reading a bit recently about the NFLs desperate attempts to avoid paying damages to hundreds of ex players suffering from brain injury due to repeated head trauma. Some really sad stories, including a few players i grew up watching now unable to do basic household tasks. Aaron Hernandez was the most high profile notorious sufferer but theres a lot of mundane stories too.