hibs.net Messageboard

Page 4 of 406 FirstFirst ... 234561454104 ... LastLast
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: sjmcg1304
    Florida's inability to snap the ball continues.

Shocking numbers on fumbled snaps this season!
    Madness, as you know, is a lot like gravity. All it takes is a little push.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Euphoria1875
    this game has just taken an interesting twist

Quote Originally Posted by AyrshireHibs View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Watched all five episodes in one evening. Loved it from start to finish. Kris Jenkins was fast becoming my favourite Jet throughout the show so a bit gutting that he's probably done now! Sanchez was eerily spot on telling Schottenheimer that he must really suck at his job Hopefully we can beat the Brady Bunch this weekend.

Hope so. Looking like a must win game already. Don't fancy going against the Dolphins next week looking at 0-3. Lose that and our season could be over before we even get to October .

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

lambeau leaps all round as the pack blow the bills away

Gamer IDs

Pretty well balanced first half of football in the New Meadowlands, with the Patriots leading 14-10 at the half.

Sanchez looks a lot better than last week, but his offensive line let him down in the early part of the half, with only 3 snaps taken during the 1st quarter. He also rallied well to get them into field goal range just as the half expired, to keep them in the game.

I'm FAIRLY happy with how we're playing. Brady has looked comfortable, with Volmer and Faulk providing some very good coverage. His passing has looked very comfortable and he's changed plays well at the line. The pass to Moss for the TD was absolutely brilliant, not to mention the catch from Moss - one handed over the head of the ever-arrogant Revis.

Hopefully we can improve on our second half from last week and edge this out. It would be nice to host the Bills next week at 2-0 but the Jets are playing some nice stuff thus far.

Gamer IDs

Hats off to the Jets - they've played a brilliant second half thus far!

Our inability to play football for 4 quarters continues.

Gamer IDs

Game over with such an easy TD, middle of the 4th.

Utter dross second half. AGAIN!

Well played Jets - well deserving of the win. They actually looked a much better side WITHOUT Revis, as the coverage on Moss was vastly improved after the restart.

Hopefully we'll take revenge in Foxborough later this year, but the better team definitely won this matchup.

Quote Originally Posted by Gatecrasher View Post
    Hard earned victory for the pack last night, Vick caused some problems in the final quarter,
    Always thought Vick was a great player. Real pitty about his off-field anticts as he could have been a star. Do you think he will start next week once Kolb returns?

Quote Originally Posted by The Story So Far... View Post

Denard Robinson continues his sensational Heisman quality performances, rushing for 100 yards and passing for 241 in the middle of the 3rd!

Brilliant!
    Robinson is awsome and looks like a real star in the making. He's no Terrelle Pryor though.

Well played Jets - well deserving of the win. They actually looked a much better side WITHOUT Revis, as the coverage on Moss was vastly improved after the restart.
    Remember there's a reason that Kyle Wilson was our 1st draft pick this year. As for Revis, we went through the whole of pre-season without him so while it was a suprise it wasn't a huge one. Got to say the 1 handed catch Moss made for the TD was great play.
    If I'm honest the Pats should have had the game done and dusted end of first quarter. Rem they missed a field goal and should have been 10 points up. We only had one set of downs, Sanchez's first play was almost picked and we had the ball for a grand total of 1min 2 seconds. Add all that to last week and you would never have thought the Jets O had it in them. Got to say I was surprised at how well Sanchez turned it around and he played great but what about LT. He has been amazing since he came to us and Chargers fans must be pig sick. If he keeps it up all season he is on course for the Pro bowl and maybe even the leagues mvp. You'd have never have thought that. Oh, and remember people we still got Holmes to come back in a couple of weeks.

What about them Dolphins though.

Edit: Bah, the Michigan game is on the Big Ten network, meaning it's unlikely to be streamed anywhere. Can't see it on adthe.net, which is a sodding nuisance - however, they updated their schedule throughout the day, so hopefully it'll appear later!
    Did you get a stream for the game? Who do you use? For future ref if your struggling there's a few I use to watch the games and if you don't mind a bit of Spanish the odd game, I'm sure we can fix you up for the rest of the season.

On another note, Ohio State are destroying Ohio
    Did you see the Bobcats mascot kick the **** out of Brutus Buckeye . You got to love college football.

Quote Originally Posted by DH1875 View Post
    Remember there's a reason that Kyle Wilson was our 1st draft pick this year. As for Revis, we went through the whole of pre-season without him so while it was a suprise it wasn't a huge one. Got to say the 1 handed catch Moss made for the TD was great play.
    If I'm honest the Pats should have had the game done and dusted end of first quarter. Rem they missed a field goal and should have been 10 points up. We only had one set of downs, Sanchez's first play was almost picked and we had the ball for a grand total of 1min 2 seconds. Add all that to last week and you would never have thought the Jets O had it in them. Got to say I was surprised at how well Sanchez turned it around and he played great but what about LT. He has been amazing since he came to us and Chargers fans must be pig sick. If he keeps it up all season he is on course for the Pro bowl and maybe even the leagues mvp. You'd have never have thought that. Oh, and remember people we still got Holmes to come back in a couple of weeks.

What about them Dolphins though.
    This was the most pleasing aspect of the game for me. He's got the attitude and confidence to handle that pressure at such a young age. Holmes was looking as good as LT preseason so will be good to have another weapon on the offense.

Looks like Revis out for at least two games but still have to be confident with Cromartie and Wilson.

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Always thought Vick was a great player. Real pitty about his off-field anticts as he could have been a star. Do you think he will start next week once Kolb returns?
    Dont know TBH

Vick would be a quick fix but Kolb would only get better with game time. But Vick can run

Gamer IDs

I have to say, it's refreshing to have 2 Jets fans posting on here who haven't given me an absolutely doing because you beat us! Cheers!

DH - I've used adthe.net the last few weeks - the games have been proper high quality streams, which have been brilliant. Couldn't find anything on Saturday though, as the Big Ten Network is an internet based streaming site, which requires a subscription - don't think the game was being shown anywhere else.

I don't mind not seeing our every game - so long as there's a decent game on ESPN as an alternative - the Florida @ Tennessee game was a good alternative

Bobcats mascot rocks!

Gamer IDs

Very sad to read that Broncos WR Kenny McKinley has been found dead at his home in Colorado, through a suspected self-inflicted gun-shot wound.

He looked a great prospect with them last season, playing a few times as a rookie, but he was injured and placed on their reserve back in December.

He was only 23 - tragic.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-11378947

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Does anyone know if the green bay v Chicago game is on tv on Monday?

Gamer IDs

Not actually looked at the TV listings, but I would imagine the AFC East matchup between the Jets and the Dolphins will be the match of choice.

Gamer IDs

Denard Robinson is continuing his Heisman level performances, with 132 yards of offense already, with 5 and a half minutes played, and 14-0 in front against Bowling Green.

Brilliant!

I believe it is allthough I haven't actually checked.

Not actually looked at the TV listings, but I would imagine the AFC East matchup between the Jets and the Dolphins will be the match of choice.
    Games on Sunday night, channel 4. Jets will have been on all three broadcasters live game first 3 weeks of the season. Think they got another 3/4 before the play-offs as herd they are to be most shown team this season .

Denard Robinson is continuing his Heisman level performances, with 132 yards of offense already, with 5 and a half minutes played, and 14-0 in front against Bowling Green.

Brilliant!
    Take it you got a stream. You should be good next week too. Let me know if you struggle as I've watched big 10 games before. Herd Robinson could be out rest of the season. What happened? Did he take a bad one?
    Watching the Buckeyes roll over the Eagles. Bit of a non entity, 24-0 end of the first quarter .

I can confirm, just seen advert for the game.

Brilliant!

Just saw his TD run. SWEET..........

Gamer IDs

Games on Sunday night, channel 4. Jets will have been on all three broadcasters live game first 3 weeks of the season. Think they got another 3/4 before the play-offs as herd they are to be most shown team this season .
    Awesome (not aimed at you, but the fact) - Sky Sports seem to go through phases with various teams. Last season, it was the Cowboys and Giants, this year it seems to be the Jets and Saints. Good for those who follow them, a nonsense for those of us who despise them!

I think the Patriots will get another 2 - vs the Dolphins and vs the Colts. If they DON'T show those games, I'll go spare.

Take it you got a stream. You should be good next week too. Let me know if you struggle as I've watched big 10 games before. Herd Robinson could be out rest of the season. What happened? Did he take a bad one?
    Watching the Buckeyes roll over the Eagles. Bit of a non entity, 24-0 end of the first quarter .
    He'll be back next week - just a twisted knee in the second - he was back on his feet and walking around the line with a headset on through the second and said he was fine when interviewed at the end of the game. Forcier getting hurt as well was a bit of a blow, but he also didn't seem too bad.

Pleased with how we've started, but the second half is going to be the hardest of our schedule. At Indiana next weekend then we host the Spartans in Ann Arbor. Should be able to see both of these, as the Indiana game is on ESPN2 and the Michigan State game SHOULD be on ESPN America.

Some scores from yesterday:

NCAA

(1) Alabama 24-20 Arkansas (10)
    East Michigan 20-73 Ohio State (2)
    (24) Oregon State 24-37 Boise State (3)
    (5) Oregon 42-31 Arizona State
    South Dakota State 3-17 Nebraska (6)
    [BIG Upset] UCLA 34-12 Texas (7)
    (8) Oklahoma 31-29 Cincinnati
    Kentucky 14-48 Florida (9)
    Austin Peay 3-70 Wisconsin (11)
    [another slight upset] (12) South Carolina 27-35 Auburn (17)
    (16) Stanford 37-14 Notre Dame
    (22) West Virginia 14-22 LSU (15)
    N Colorado 7-45 Michigan State (25)

Tonight in the NFL:

Titans @ Giants
    Steelers @ Buccaneers
    Bengals @ Panthers
    Browns @ Ravens
    Cowboys @ Texans
    49'ers @ Chiefs
    Lions @ Vikings
    Bills @ Patriots
    Falcons @ Saints (SKY)
    Redskins @ Rams
    Eagles @ Jaguars
    Raiders @ Cardinals
    Chargers @ Seahawks
    Colts @ Broncos (SKY)
    Jets @ Dolphins (CH4)

Monday - Packers @ Bears (ESPN)

Very tempted to stay up and watch the Jets game tonight. I really must start getting into college football, always find it really difficult to get my head round how the playoffs work; I've been following St Johns in basketball for a couple of years but they don't have a football team

Gamer IDs

Very tempted to stay up and watch the Jets game tonight. I really must start getting into college football, always find it really difficult to get my head round how the playoffs work; I've been following St Johns in basketball for a couple of years but they don't have a football team
    I'm not going to bother - should be a cracking game, but a) I'm up at 5.30 tomorrow, and b) It's the Jets and Dolphins

If you end up supporting Ohio State, I'm labelling you as a glory hunter

We had to work hard for our win over Buffalo tonight, in a game I thought should have been fairly straight forward.

Some game in the Superdome - into 4 remaining minutes of OT, with the Saints having missed a 29 yard field goal attempt to win it. Falcons need to burn up some time before scoring on their drive here...

As a jet, islander, met and pacer fan, glory has been very limited. Ohio you say?

Gamer IDs

Wooft! Falcons stun the Saints in the Dome, kicking a 47 yard field goal in overtime. Prior to the kick, they had a false start, getting back from 42 yards to 47, but he held his nerve and popped it straight through! Huge result for Atlanta.

Some results from tonight:

Tennessee Giants 29-10 New York Giants
    Pittsburgh Steelers 38-13 Tampa Bay Bucs
    Cincinnati Bengals 20-7 Carolina Panthers
    Baltimore Ravens 24-17 Cleveland Browns
    Dallas Cowboys 27-13 Houston Texans
    Kansas City Chiefs 31-10 San Francisco 49'ers
    Minnesota Vikings 24-10 Detroit Lions
    Buffalo Bills 30-38 New England Patriots
    Atlanta Falcons 27-24 New Orleans Saints (OT)

Currently:

Indianapolis Colts 3-0 Denver Broncos
    Washington Redskins 0-14 St Louis Rams
    Philadelphia Eagles 0-7 Jacksonville Jaguars
    Oakland Raiders 7-7 Arizona Cardinals
    San Diego Chargers 0-0 Seattle Seahawks

Later:

New York Jets @ Miami Dolphins

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Wooft! Falcons stun the Saints in the Dome, kicking a 47 yard field goal in overtime. Prior to the kick, they had a false start, getting back from 42 yards to 47, but he held his nerve and popped it straight through! Huge result for Atlanta.

Some results from tonight:

Currently:

Indianapolis Colts 3-0 Denver Broncos
    Washington Redskins 0-14 St Louis Rams
    Philadelphia Eagles 0-7 Jacksonville Jaguars
    Oakland Raiders 7-7 Arizona Cardinals
    San Diego Chargers 0-0 Seattle Seahawks

Later:

New York Jets @ Miami Dolphins
    edge of the seat stuff

Gamer IDs

As a jet, islander, met and pacer fan, glory has been very limited. Ohio you say?
    Well, at least you're consistent with the New York area teams, save the Pacers - I know a guy from Uni who's a Giants, Yankees, Penguins and Lakers fan - go figure...

Plenty of New York teams, if you do feel you have some connection/reason for chosing teams from here.

Rutgers (NJ), Syracuse, Army, Columbia, St John Fisher Cardinals to name some of the more well known sides...

Just out of interest, why not the Knicks or the Nets (I know they're NJ, but potato, potAto)

Two words - Reggie Miller! Loved that guy when I was growing up. I guess it would have been the Nets otherwise.

Cheers for the suggestions, recognise some of those names from the big east.
    Last edited by James.; 26-09-2010 at 09:32 PM.

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: CalvinoHFC PSN ID: CalvinoHFC
    I've just got into American Football this week. Went round my mate's house for a game of Fifa and ended up playing Madden all week. I'd only ever watched one game, when the Giants were in the Super Bowl, just because Tynes is their kicker! I didn't really have a clue what was going on but now I appreciate the strategy a bit more I find it actually a decent sport.

Was in the pub earlier and enjoyed the game that went to OT that was on although I have no idea who it was between, and the Dolphins-Jets game is keeping me captivated - which is a problem because I can't switch it off but I have a lecture at 9am. Just grab some coffees in the morning!

Excellent win this morning. Sanchez was brilliant again for the most part, L.T gets better and better and how good is the Terminator? Missed Revis in the first half as Wilson was struggling and I'm not sold on Slauson but have to be happy with the response after the Ravens game!

Gamer IDs

NFL - Week 3

3 teams sitting at 2-0 now - it's going to be a very hard fought division this year, with second place likely taking the Wild card.

Though I won't easily admit it, it was the result I was hoping for before kick off. Yeuch - I feel grimey even saying that!

Washington Redskins 16-30 St Louis Rams
    Philadelphia Eagles 28-3 Jacksonville Jaguars
    Indianapolis Colts 27-13 Denver Broncos
    Oakland Raiders 23-24 Arizona Cardinals
    San Diego Chargers 20-27 Seattle Seahawks
    New York Jets 31-23 Miami Dolphins

Tonight: Green Bay Packers @ Chicago Bears

NFC East

Philadelphia Eagles 2-1
    Washington Redskins 1-2
    Dallas Cowboys 1-2
    New York Giants 1-2

NFC North

Chicago Bears 2-0
    Green Bay Packers 2-0
    Minnesota Vikings 1-2
    Detroit Lions 0-3

NFC South

Atlanta Falcons 2-1
    Tampa Bay Bucs 2-1
    New Orleans Saints 2-1
    Carolina Panthers 0-3

NFC West

Seattle Seahawks 2-1
    Arizona Cardinals 2-1
    St Louis Rams 1-2
    San Fran 49'ers 0-3

================================================== =============

AFC East

New York Jets 2-1
    New England Pats 2-1
    Miami Dolphins 2-1
    Buffalo Bills 0-3

AFC North

Pittsburgh Steelers 3-0
    Cincinnati Bengals 2-1
    Baltimore Ravens 2-1
    Cleveland Browns 0-3

AFC South

Houston Texans 2-1
    Tennessee Titans 2-1
    Indianapolis Colts 2-1
    Jacksonville Jaguars 1-2

AFC West

Kansas City Chiefs 3-0
    San Diego Chargers 1-2
    Denver Broncos 1-2
    Oakland Raiders 1-2

Only Pittsburgh and Kansas maintain perfect record starts, with Detroit, Carolina, San Francisco, Buffalo and Cleveland all still without a win!