hibs.net Messageboard

Page 334 of 406 FirstFirst ... 234284324332333334335336344384 ... LastLast
Results 9,991 to 10,020 of 12180
    Quote Originally Posted by DH1875 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Why any Hibs fan would want to wear the red, white and blue of some other teams is beyond me .

2. Log in to remove the advert

The Nfl are doing their annual'**** around with the rulebook' thing. Ten new minor changes, the biggest one being Pass interference will be a straight 15 yard pen instead of being marked at the point of the infraction, which I think is a good call. This one confused me though ' If there is a turnover, a team may win an overtime game, even though it scores on its second possession'. I don't even know what this means

New Orleans Saints -
    I had family living in New Orleans and they came over one xmas with Saints sweaters and a Hat for me. They were pretty garbage most of the time and our best player was our Hall of Fame inductee kicker Morten Andersen lol followed them religiously since and sadly today was owner Tom Bensons funeral. Hopefully we go all the way to the Super Bowl this season which happens to be in Atlanta and win it again for him 🕺🏻

@hibs.net private member GreenLake's Avatar
    Had Cowboys relatives and witnessed this live on TV in 1983 while in the US but I never really got into football until I went to see my first game last year. Now I go to see my local team the Chargers and will back the Rams too.

@DH1875

You the guy who sits in the east with the Jets Jersey on think he has Hibernian on the back of his, See him with jets stuff on all the time few away games too.

Obj?

Some talk about OBJ getting traded.

Hearing form a giants friend of mine that they are sick of his playboy antis and general attitude.

Last year of his rookie deal and is asking for 20 mill a year before he will play again.

Should they move him on? Pay him? Who knows, an amazing talent but you would get some sweet trade deals and also would mean you aren't paying mega money for him. Other side of the coin is that there aren't many #1 WR available at the moment to replace him. Not that play to his level anyway.

Chris Hibbs the Chief Revenue Officer for the new NFL LA Stadium (Rams/Chargers) and the LAFC MLS Stadium wearing a McGregor 24 Hibs jersey. If anyone knows about building stadiums it's this guy and I am hopeful he might sketch out a plan for one or two of our unfilled corners!

rename1.jpg

rename2.jpg

I am going to pick out seats for the new stadium on Thursday. The license fee is going to be breathtaking but it helps to know that the people behind this huge project are the very best in their field.

I would like to see a bio of the equivalent person in charge of the Tiny new stand project.
    Last edited by GreenLake; 28-03-2018 at 05:00 AM.

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: sjmcg1304
    For the second time this off-season, we're being linked with Johnny Manziel...though I'll be ****ed if I know why!

Quote Originally Posted by Sylar View Post
    For the second time this off-season, we're being linked with Johnny Manziel...though I'll be ****ed if I know why!
    It'll be Tebow next.

Quote Originally Posted by hibsbollah View Post
    It'll be Tebow next.

Quote Originally Posted by EH54 View Post
    @DH1875

You the guy who sits in the east with the Jets Jersey on think he has Hibernian on the back of his, See him with jets stuff on all the time few away games too.
    Nah I don't have Hibernian on the back of any of my jerseys. I'll need to keep an eye out for him though as I've been asked a few times if its me (he must be a handsome fella ).

Gamer IDs

Yet another utterly bamboozling trade from NE. Both our best WRs released/traded this off-season (in addition to all of the other players?).

This started with the Jimmy G trade - he should NEVER have been traded away - I'd have released Brady before I'd have let Garopollo go!

In BB I no longer trust - he's gutted us top to bottom this off-season.

Yet another utterly bamboozling trade from NE. Both our best WRs released/traded this off-season (in addition to all of the other players?).

This started with the Jimmy G trade - he should NEVER have been traded away - I'd have released Brady before I'd have let Garopollo go!

In BB I no longer trust - he's gutted us top to bottom this off-season.
    How stacked do the Rams look now? Scary.

Gamer IDs

Why any Hibs fan would want to wear the red, white and blue of some other teams is beyond me .
    Geography, my friend! So far, I'm the only one who falls into the "supports my local team" camp

But then, I am the resident .net hun apparently, so clearly I'm well settled on those colours!

Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by hibsbollah View Post
    How stacked do the Rams look now? Scary.

Be an interesting battle this year in the NFC.

But once again, I don't see any of the AFC teams particularly building a lineup that is likely to scare opponents. The NFC is where it's at just now.

NFL/NCAA (American Football)

Not seen much of Cooks while he was playing in NE but the Saints traded him to you partly because of his billy big baws attitude, I’m just guessing but I’m sure bellichick and the pats organisation doesn’t like that either as we see with this trade . And the Rams are happy to take any good but potentially disruptive player into there locker room
    Last edited by NOLA; 03-04-2018 at 10:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by NOLA View Post
    Not seen much of Cooks while he was playing in NE but the Saints traded him to you partly because of his billy big baws attitude, I’m just guessing but I’m sure bellichick and the pats organisation doesn’t like that either as we see with this trade . And the Rams are happy to take any good but potentially disruptive player into there locker room
    Apart from one tantrum I didnt see any problem with him in Nola. I think we just realised Thomas is the franchise no 1 receiver and we cant afford to pay both.

Geography, my friend! So far, I'm the only one who falls into the "supports my local team" camp

But then, I am the resident .net hun apparently, so clearly I'm well settled on those colours!
    You dirty hun barsteward

Given that you were a patsie before you were a Hibs fan, I'll let you off It's the glory hunters who have jumped on the band wagon over the years and wear that kite (especially at Hibs games) that annoy me . Although, support your local team, should you no be a Dundee fan or something? Also, didn't know the Detroit Tigers played in New England

Gamer IDs

You dirty hun barsteward

Given that you were a patsie before you were a Hibs fan, I'll let you off It's the glory hunters who have jumped on the band wagon over the years and wear that kite (especially at Hibs games) that annoy me . Although, support your local team, should you no be a Dundee fan or something? Also, didn't know the Detroit Tigers played in New England
    Born and raised in Bathgate mate - it's why I technically grew up a Livingston fan! I am also a Red Sox fan - my support for Detroit came when I was studying in Ann Arbor I also have a soft spot for San Francisco (since I'm now working at Stanford - was at the game last night against Seattle). I think I have all bases covered

For what it's worth, the bandwagon fans bother me too. I definitely think they'll drift away in the coming years as the team begins to change though.

When does the Pats bandwagon start?

My mate started supporting them in 2002 SB against the Rams we just like to wind him up for supporting a Team that were in a SB and claiming he wasn't glory hunting :D Underdogs or not.

I know many people like myself started with NFL with a SB and went from there so many will end up picking a SB team to support. He got lucky but he still wind him up about it. Bit like all the Chelsea fans that popped up as soon as Abramovich came on the scene

Born and raised in Bathgate mate - it's why I technically grew up a Livingston fan! I am also a Red Sox fan - my support for Detroit came when I was studying in Ann Arbor I also have a soft spot for San Francisco (since I'm now working at Stanford - was at the game last night against Seattle). I think I have all bases covered

For what it's worth, the bandwagon fans bother me too. I definitely think they'll drift away in the coming years as the team begins to change though.
    You know I'm only playing Can't figure out why but for some reason I genuinely thought you used to live in Dundee I know a lot of hard work, time and effort has got you to where your at but at the same time, your a lucky barsteward
    Last edited by DH1875; 05-04-2018 at 01:53 PM.

Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by EH54 View Post
    When does the Pats bandwagon start?

My mate started supporting them in 2002 SB against the Rams we just like to wind him up for supporting a Team that were in a SB and claiming he wasn't glory hunting :D Underdogs or not.

I know many people like myself started with NFL with a SB and went from there so many will end up picking a SB team to support. He got lucky but he still wind him up about it. Bit like all the Chelsea fans that popped up as soon as Abramovich came on the scene
    It's a good question - I'd agree that supporting a team after one Superbowl win doesn't automatically add you to the bandwagon, as that's how a lot of folk here got into following a team...every team that's been in a Superbowl undoubtedly experiences a spike in suport afterwards.

You know I'm only playing Can't figure out why but for some reason I genuinely thought you used to live in Dundee I know a lot of hard work, time and effort has got you to where your at but at the same time, your a lucky barsteward
    Of course

I did live in Dundee for just over 8 years - moved up there in 2004 when I started at Uni and left in 2013 once I finished my PhD. I am indeed a very lucky *******

Mark Ingram gets owned by a real dawg lol love his comment after "that dog was a bad mother"
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yBAjk_RGn9A

Which team will overpay for Dez Bryant

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300...8-london-games

The great news is the Chargers vs Titans game is on the 21st Oct which means we see the Seattle vs Raiders game on 14th Oct at the new Tottenham Stadium (wife is a Spurs fan) and return back to LA in time to see Bruno Mars at the Staples Center (wife is a big fan). I need to score a few points considering how many season tickets she lets me buy. Hopefully Spurs will have a home game on one of the two Saturdays or on a midweek night.

I just booked the flights before the prices go up.

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Euphoria1875
    Fixtures are out. GB start the season on SNF

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: CalvinoHFC PSN ID: CalvinoHFC
    Seahawks at Rams on November 11th then up the West Coast for Packers at Seahawks on Thursday Night Football. What a holiday in store.

Eagles have a pretty good schedule this season, Superbowl repeat is on the cards....

Seriously though, looking at our schedule, we should be pretty confident of getting at least 11 wins, although you can never bank on anything in football.

First Team Breakthrough SmithyHibee's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: SmithyNYG
    Giants schedule is brutal! Heading over for new year though so will get to see us against the cowgirls if I can acquire tickets!

Quote Originally Posted by Calvin View Post
    Seahawks at Rams on November 11th then up the West Coast for Packers at Seahawks on Thursday Night Football. What a holiday in store.
    $185 a seat at CLink? Is that standard?