hibs.net Messageboard

Page 333 of 406 FirstFirst ... 233283323331332333334335343383 ... LastLast
Results 9,961 to 9,990 of 12180
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: sjmcg1304
    Quote Originally Posted by EH54 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Looking like McCowan and Bridgewater for the jets and draft best available QB in draft no doubt Unfortunately Cap money means nothing when nobody wants to come to the jets
    Bridgewater will be a good acquisition, but the organisation will need to give him some weapons!

What's happening with Robbie Anderson? He was arrested during the off-season - is he likely to return to playing next season? He looked a quality young receiver last season, but his off-field behaviour makes him look like a bit of a zoomer.

2. Log in to remove the advert

@Sylar

I personally think Bridgewater is a good signing don't quite understand the 10m for McCowan though. Think that's what is bothering me I would have liked to have seen us move for someone like Allen Robinson, Sammy Watkins although not convinced they would have wanted to come here anyway. Still time hopefully we keep improving its not been a bad F/A for us so far.

No sure what is happening with him going by forums etc though the Jets fans aren't happy Looks like the signing of Crowell has taking some heat of him though as fans are equally not happy with him either apparently tweeted a picture last year of someone cutting the neck of a police officer, The jets seem to have the problem every off season.

@Pretty Boy

Unless the Finns are looking to make plays in the draft then i cant see either of them falling at 11

Is it just me or has free agency and the trading been mental this year? Loads of moves, some pretty surprising ones and plenty of players getting paid way more than they should be! The draft is going to be interesting, I felt sure the Browns would take Barkley no.1 but they've signed Carlos Hyde so they'll take a QB at no.1 now you'd expect. Could see some frantic trading to move up in the draft for teams that need a franchise QB though, Bills, Broncos, Jets and Cardinals could all still be wanting to draft a QB despite giving some crazy money out to the free agent QB's going around.

The World Champs strengthen the defensive line by signing Haloti Ngata from the Lions.
    Last edited by Sergio sledge; 15-03-2018 at 11:34 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sergio sledge View Post
    Is it just me or has free agency and the trading been mental this year? Loads of moves, some pretty surprising ones and plenty of players getting paid way more than they should be! The draft is going to be interesting, I felt sure the Browns would take Barkley no.1 but they've signed Carlos Hyde so they'll take a QB at no.1 now you'd expect. Could see some frantic trading to move up in the draft for teams that need a franchise QB though, Bills, Broncos, Jets and Cardinals could all still be wanting to draft a QB despite giving some crazy money out to the free agent QB's going around.

The World Champs strengthen the defensive line by signing Haloti Ngata from the Lions.
    Youve also picked up Michael Bennett from us, who is a sack machine and also very political, so get used to reading lots of online abuse directed at him from Trump supporters while being an Eagle.

Dolphins sign Josh Sitton, looks a good acquisition on paper.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

I can't keep up with this season's trades... Is it me or has it been crazy?

Gamer IDs

Nelson lands in Oakland.

I really don't understand what we're doing in New England this year...Jason McCourty isn't appeasing the players we've lost, and those we're losing out on that we've been linked with.

Could make the AFC East next year exciting but for as long as NE have Belichick and Brady anything is possible.

Mad free agency. In a way I'm glad we (Denver) didn't sign cousins because that is mental money. All guaranteed as well which absolutely cripples the rest of your roster.

Not sure what Elway is playing at though because we got rid of Tabib to open up cap space and there's talk that we opened up even more cap space by getting Von to restructure his contract. What are they making all this cap room for? Suh? Matthieu? Who knows!!

I remember noting Barkevicious Mingo at the draft a few years back because of his excellent name. But can Pats fans tell me if our new linebacker is any good?

Quote Originally Posted by hibsbollah View Post
    I remember noting Barkevicious Mingo at the draft a few years back because of his excellent name. But can Pats fans tell me if our new linebacker is any good?
    He was ok. Great name though.

Jets being aggressive which good to see trading up was always going to be expensive but if it means we get our franchise QB then so be it.

@hibs.net private member GreenLake's Avatar
    I had a visit to the LASED Experience Center which is just down the road from my house. The guy in charge of the stadium project is Chris Hibbs and I told him about Hibernian FC and ordered him our home jersey with McGregor 24 on the back. He was also in charge of the LAFC stadium project, but the new Rams/Chargers stadium is going to be a much bigger deal. I also told him my wife is a Spurs fan and won't want Rams tickets.

http://www.chargers.com/video/2018/0...-details-lased

Since I'm new to posting on this section, Have had a look back but only so much I can read can anyone just recap on who they follow? and why you picked them?

I picked the Jets because a program i watched at the time King of Queens and was at a time I only watched SBs so didn't have a team yet. Was a bonus they played in Green & White

Quote Originally Posted by EH54 View Post
    Since I'm new to posting on this section, Have had a look back but only so much I can read can anyone just recap on who they follow? and why you picked them?

I picked the Jets because a program i watched at the time King of Queens and was at a time I only watched SBs so didn't have a team yet. Was a bonus they played in Green & White
    Seahawks. Thanks to Channel Four back in 1983 or thereabouts. I also have extended family in that neck if the woods.

I started following the jets as was in New York when the draft was on and the Jets picking Sanchez (butt fumble) was everywhere. Again helped they played in Green and White.

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Euphoria1875
    Green Bay Packers - Was new to the NFL after watching the Cardinals v Steelers Super Bowl in 2009? was looking for a team to follow and the Pack were a pretty unique team.

Chicago Bears - the team my dad has followed for over 30 years, and Chicago has a lot of personal connections for me

Miami Dolphins - My cousin followed them in the 80s and 90s when they were good. He saw Dan Marino, I've seen Daunte Culpepper, Chad Henne, Cleo Lemon and Jay ****ing Cutler.

Gamer IDs

New England Patriots - started following them back in the Pete Carroll era, as I was living up in Rhode Island during this time and they were our nearest team. We were also absolutely dreadful, but the generations of family we have that lived in that area were all big New England/Boston sport fans. I definitely feel lucky to have witnessed the transition to te Belichick/Brady era, and I actually find myself looking forward to what lies in store in the next few years as that comes to an end.

New England Patriots. Had a friend who lived in Boston in the late 90s and kinda loosely followed all the Boston teams since. Started following NFL proper around 2000 so it's been all good

Except now I live in Jets territory. See a few of their players in town as their facility is up the road.

The World Champion Philadelphia Eagles! My aunt and uncle went on a tour of the east coast of America when I was about 10 and brought me back an eagles tracksuit, I've followed them as best I could since then.

New Orleans Saints- Love an underdog and you couldnt really be worse than when i started watching in 2005.

Been over to 5 games, got friends there now and love the city.

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: CalvinoHFC PSN ID: CalvinoHFC
    Seattle Seahawks. I started watching football around 2010/11 and that was when the Seahawks won their division with a losing record (7-9) then went on to have the Beast Quake game v the Saints in the playoffs. I liked the glorious failure of winning the division with a losing record.

Mainly though, my favourite TV show is Frasier and that is set in Seattle so that's why I started looking out for them. Unfortunately, they got very good very quickly after that (I mean we took Thomas and Chancellor both in the 2010 draft) so looked like a total glory hunter.

Dolphins - some things are just meant to be

Denver Broncos.

In the late 90's I picked up an American football game in the N64 because the graphics looked amazing. Quaterback club. I always ended up playing as John Elway because he was the best QB on the game and by default the Denver Broncos.

I started recording the games when they were on channel 4 and channel 5 watching the names I saw on the N64 in real life. Ed McCaffrey, Shannon Shapre, John Elway etc.

Ordered my first Broncos jersey in 2000. Terrell Davis running back!!

Have a soft spot for the Giants as well as sent to a giants game when I was in NYC and bought a OBJ jersey whilst I was there.

Dolphins sign Osweiler.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

Flash Gordon .

I'm another product of channel fours coverage in the early 80s. Watched it every Sunday as a kid and didn't really have a set team that I followed to start with. Loved Boomer Esiason for some reason though and seem to remember writing some sort of school report about Cincinatti, Boomer and the Bengals so guess they were my first team and I still like to see them do well and look out for their results. Was just a kid at the time though so had no real connection to them and towards the end of the 80s my uncle went on holiday to Toronto and my mum got him to bring me back a load of NFL stuff. Turns out he brought me back a load of Jets stuff including my first ever football jersey but pride of place went to my new school bag which no one had anything like. From then on its been the Jets even though we've sucked for most of it. Still, at least they play in green and white and I get to wear my Jets jersey to Hibs games. Why any Hibs fan would want to wear the red, white and blue of some other teams is beyond me .

Quote Originally Posted by DH1875 View Post
    Flash Gordon .

I'm another product of channel fours coverage in the early 80s. Watched it every Sunday as a kid and didn't really have a set team that I followed to start with. Loved Boomer Esiason for some reason though and seem to remember writing some sort of school report about Cincinatti, Boomer and the Bengals so guess they were my first team and I still like to see them do well and look out for their results. Was just a kid at the time though so had no real connection to them and towards the end of the 80s my uncle went on holiday to Toronto and my mum got him to bring me back a load of NFL stuff. Turns out he brought me back a load of Jets stuff including my first ever football jersey but pride of place went to my new school bag which no one had anything like. From then on its been the Jets even though we've sucked for most of it. Still, at least they play in green and white and I get to wear my Jets jersey to Hibs games. Why any Hibs fan would want to wear the red, white and blue of some other teams is beyond me .
    I remember watching Boomer. I thought he was cool because he was left handed, and also always seem to throw beautiful tight spirals.