hibs.net Messageboard

Page 407 of 407 FirstFirst ... 307357397405406407
Results 12,181 to 12,186 of 12186
    Draft tonight. I'm hoping to stay up and watch as i have the day off work tomorrow. Should be the most offensive players ever in the first round, first 6 picks likely to be QBs or receivers. Caleb Williams will obviously go first and then its one high rated receiver or QB after another. Ive looked at multiple mock drafts and its amazing how obsessive you can get about predicting who can go where .

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by hibsbollah View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    https://www.washingtonpost.com/sport...on-settlement/

Ive been reading a bit recently about the NFLs desperate attempts to avoid paying damages to hundreds of ex players suffering from brain injury due to repeated head trauma. Some really sad stories, including a few players i grew up watching now unable to do basic household tasks. Aaron Hernandez was the most high profile notorious sufferer but theres a lot of mundane stories too.
    The "Risk and Reward" part of all sports is one thing. If the NFL deliberately, or are attempting to, hide the dangers from players they will be in for some serious damages.

The Aaron Hernandez situation starts a lot earlier IMO. That concussion he took on HS is the beginning of his mental deterioration along with playing under Urban Meyer. That guy is a full on ****ing ****.

Sent from my SM-A426U1 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Haymaker; Today at 12:42 AM.

No defensive player taken until pick 15! Biggest surprise on draft day was Michael Penix jr going very high at #8 to Atlanta, who has just brought in Kirk Cousins to the same position!

Lots of defensive value still left in the second round, including Cooper deJean from Iowa who has quite the highlights reel, and for daft name lovers, CB Kool-Aid McKinstry is still available.

I don't hate the Arizona pick.

Surprising but it's a strategy that has worked well for a team like Green Bay, taking a QB before you really need one and letting them sit and develop makes sense rather than throwing a good young QB into a bad team.

Happy enough with Miami's pick. It was always going to be an OT or LB and Robinson was arguably the best option left on the board at the time so it makes sense to take him.

Also think the Raiders have got a good one in Brock Bowers.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I don't hate the Arizona pick.

Surprising but it's a strategy that has worked well for a team like Green Bay, taking a QB before you really need one and letting them sit and develop makes sense rather than throwing a good young QB into a bad team.

Happy enough with Miami's pick. It was always going to be an OT or LB and Robinson was arguably the best option left on the board at the time so it makes sense to take him.

Also think the Raiders have got a good one in Brock Bowers.
    The problem with it is they're tired to cousins until 2026 by which time penix will be 27. They have other needs easily addressed that high.

It's a bizarre pick.

Sent from my SM-G991B using Tapatalk

Happy with the Bears picks.

Caleb Williams has been the presumptive first pick for months, and hopefully be the man who changes QB history in Chicago (how many times has that been said )

Was hoping for D-line or Edge with the 9th, possibly even after a trade down, but wasn’t expecting a top 3 WR to be available there, so no issues with the pick. Positive times ahead
    Last edited by McD; Today at 08:47 PM.