hibs.net Messageboard

Page 229 of 406 FirstFirst ... 129179219227228229230231239279329 ... LastLast
Results 6,841 to 6,870 of 12180
    Quote Originally Posted by Sergio sledge View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Ball manufacturer calls BS

Pretty sure you think all the refs are against you anyway don't you Sylar? Maybe the refs set this all up... :

Not surprised a big company with a product under the spotlight says it is BS.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: HibsMax

Pretty sure you think all the refs are against you anyway don't you Sylar? Maybe the refs set this all up... :
    Isn't it possible that the refs screwed up the pre-game football preparation? Or is that so absurd that Pats simply had to have cheated? The refs were the ones who inflated the balls, and 11 of them were found to be under-inflated at half-time. Rather than calling into the question the pre-game preparation of these balls, people are assuming that there is foul play. If the Pats balls were all under the same PSI at half time, that seems pretty skillful. I mean, that takes a little skill to sneakily reduce the PSI in 11 balls by the same amount. If their PSIs were all over the place then that would look more like tampering. However, if the ref accidentally (because we can't call his integrity into question. noooo) under-inflated every ball by the same amount I would expect to see a more uniform PSI across all the balls. I don't know about the 12th ball that seemed to be OK.

To be able to answer this mystery we need to know the exact PSI in all the balls before, during and after the game. Only then can we try to figure out what might have happened.
    Last edited by HibsMax; 26-01-2015 at 07:18 PM.

The NYC media has really come into its own the past few days to see who can come up with the worst Deflategate headline. Some of my favourite headlines...

Ball-oney: Bull Belichik Deflategate Excuses
    Ballsh#t!
    Slime Balls
    Deflatriots Cheated

and my favourite complete with close up mugshot of Tom Terrific

Brady: My Balls are Perfect

I do think there has been some foul play however I do think the Patsies would be getting an easier ride if there hadn't been past discrepancies with this organisation!

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: sjmcg1304

I don't think there's any kind of vendetta from the officials, other than that being pursued by a media that hates us. We've been the subject of lynch-mob journalism this week and have undergone sentencing without fair trial. The ref's aren't to blame in any of this, neither are the Colts. I don't blame them for passing an underinflated ball to the officials after the INT, as clearly it's not right. I've lambasted the officials a few times this season for ludicrous calls against us but I've equally lambasted them for ludicrous calls against other teams too. The penalties/yardage against table on here earlier in the season confirmed we've had a hard time of it from the officials but I'm not paranoid to cry vendetta.

I find that article odd though - are they suggesting they have a product that defies the laws of physics? Every single pressurised vessel undergoes pressure differential and given the temperature on the field at game-time, the known starting pressure and rough approximation of internal temperature in the locker-room, several research scientists (including a leading professor in thermal gas properties at Boston College) have concluded that a 1.7psi drop would be standard? It might still be the case that someone on the Patriots' staff has deflated the balls intentionally and if that's the case, I'll be beyond disappointed but I've grown so utterly tired and weary of people hammering the nail into the coffin without so much as a scrape of evidence other than hearsay and circumstance.

I've said it before and I'll say it again. Unless the NFL have solid evidence of someone intentionally letting air out of the balls, there's no way they can categorically identify foul play. If they would release the before/after measurements of the Colts' ball, we could have a go at working out whether natural dynamics are responsible or something foul is at work.
    Madness, as you know, is a lot like gravity. All it takes is a little push.

Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by Sylar View Post
    I don't think there's any kind of vendetta from the officials, other than that being pursued by a media that hates us. We've been the subject of lynch-mob journalism this week and have undergone sentencing without fair trial. The ref's aren't to blame in any of this, neither are the Colts. I don't blame them for passing an underinflated ball to the officials after the INT, as clearly it's not right. I've lambasted the officials a few times this season for ludicrous calls against us but I've equally lambasted them for ludicrous calls against other teams too. The penalties/yardage against table on here earlier in the season confirmed we've had a hard time of it from the officials but I'm not paranoid to cry vendetta.

I find that article odd though - are they suggesting they have a product that defies the laws of physics? Every single pressurised vessel undergoes pressure differential and given the temperature on the field at game-time, the known starting pressure and rough approximation of internal temperature in the locker-room, several research scientists (including a leading professor in thermal gas properties at Boston College) have concluded that a 1.7psi drop would be standard? It might still be the case that someone on the Patriots' staff has deflated the balls intentionally and if that's the case, I'll be beyond disappointed but I've grown so utterly tired and weary of people hammering the nail into the coffin without so much as a scrape of evidence other than hearsay and circumstance.

I've said it before and I'll say it again. Unless the NFL have solid evidence of someone intentionally letting air out of the balls, there's no way they can categorically identify foul play. If they would release the before/after measurements of the Colts' ball, we could have a go at working out whether natural dynamics are responsible or something foul is at work.
    I bet they don't know the before / after pressure of the Colts balls. Just a gut feeling.

I was listening to ESPN Radio and they were discussing an article that appeared on a couple of places e.g., slate.com. The article is a result of some data analysis that shows the Pats got significantly better at NOT fumbling the ball after 2007 which coincidentally was when the league voted to allow visiting teams to use their own balls. This, of course, means that the Pats started cheating (deflating footballs) 7-8 years ago. I mean, there is NO other explanation, right? I love numbers and the data is interesting but the one crucial data point that is missing from his analysis is the PSI of every other team's balls - and he doesn't present that. Read the article if you're interested: link.

I guess if the material they use to make the ball insulates the internal air in the ball enough then it would take the air inside the ball a long time to cool down enough to reduce the pressure inside the ball.

I don't think they'll ever be able to prove foul play, if there was any, but it does seem odd that the colts balls were ok and the pats balls weren't.

I'm just finding it funny reading the extreme reactions on both sides of the argument and stirring it up a bit...

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Euphoria1875
    I'm bored of deflate gate now can we move on and discuss how nervous all you guys are

Gamer IDs

I guess if the material they use to make the ball insulates the internal air in the ball enough then it would take the air inside the ball a long time to cool down enough to reduce the pressure inside the ball.

I don't think they'll ever be able to prove foul play, if there was any, but it does seem odd that the colts balls were ok and the pats balls weren't.

I'm just finding it funny reading the extreme reactions on both sides of the argument and stirring it up a bit...
    That's the easiest part to answer! They don't just pump their balls (oh, the innuendo - amazing how deep and childish the New York media must have had to dig to 'come into their own') up to the minimum legal limit. Ergo, if their starting point is higher and both sets of balls experience a reduction in pressure, the Colts would still have been within legal limits, even given the deflation. Start at the limit though and any reduction becomes 'illegal'.

Quote Originally Posted by Gatecrasher View Post
    I'm bored of deflate gate now can we move on and discuss how nervous all you guys are
    Nerves haven't kicked in yet as I'm still pissed off about 'deflate-gate'...I flip between a wee bit confident and not-at-all confident. I reckon that defense is going to make winning very difficult indeed. They'll be pumped up and desperate to go back to back.

Quote Originally Posted by Gatecrasher View Post
    Really really nervous trying to decide whether to take the whole day off or just the morning. Vegas has the Pats as one point favorites, it's definitely a close match on paper but the way they have just steamrolled everyone through the playoffs leads me to feeling mostly pessimistic.

Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by hibsbollah View Post
    Really really nervous trying to decide whether to take the whole day off or just the morning. Vegas has the Pats as one point favorites, it's definitely a close match on paper but the way they have just steamrolled everyone through the playoffs leads me to feeling mostly pessimistic.
    Plus we cheat so it's a given that we'll win. Just like the last two times...

Quote Originally Posted by HibsMax View Post
    I take it back. We're going to pummel you by thirty points and Brady will be crying like a girl by mid way through the third while I consider opening my fifth sierra Nevada.

Marshawn Lynch was quite funny at Media day!

Quote Originally Posted by Haymaker View Post
    Marshawn Lynch was quite funny at Media day!
    Was it the skittles thing?

Its funny because its true

Gamer IDs

I take it back. We're going to pummel you by thirty points and Brady will be crying like a girl by mid way through the third while I consider opening my fifth sierra Nevada.
    Excellent shout for Sunday sir, excellent

Was it the skittles thing?
    Only replied "only here so I don't get fined."

29 times!

Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by DH1875 View Post
    Its funny because its true
    At last, I've found someone with the evidence that proves we cheated. Please share since nobody else has found anything.

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: CalvinoHFC PSN ID: CalvinoHFC
    Excellent shout for Sunday sir, excellent
    Last week I had an exam that had Sierra Nevada Pale Ale in the taste test. I love my job

I'm quite nervous, but am consoled by the fact that 10 weeks ago I didn't think we'd make the postseason.

I think I want us to beat the Patriots almost as much as I want us to win the Super Bowl. I'm not overly confident, but we just seem to have such a knack of pulling it out of the bag when it really matters.

Quote Originally Posted by Calvin View Post

I'm quite nervous, but am consoled by the fact that 10 weeks ago I didn't think we'd make the postseason.
    we were 3-3 and then 6-4, were four games behind Arizona at one point, and everyone was when we traded away Harvin
    Whos talking about Harvin now?!

What gives me hope is our fourth quarter heroics recently. If we're 14 points down in the 4th I'll still be confident because Wilson's getting stronger as games wind down.

ths years super bowl reminds me of last years matchup, a high flying offence versus a dominant D, think the outcome will be similar, seahawks win for me.

Quote Originally Posted by NOLA View Post
    ths years super bowl reminds me of last years matchup, a high flying offence versus a dominant D, think the outcome will be similar, seahawks win for me.
    Difference is Tom Brady under centre and not Peyton 'choke' Manning.

Gamer IDs

Difference is Tom Brady under centre and not Peyton 'choke' Manning.
    It's also not a defense that's operating at the same level as last year but strong defense usually triumphs over blistering offense...

Having said that, if the Seahawks D of last year turns up, I agree with NOLA - likely they'll go back to back

Our offense has looked fierce most of this year but I'm not sure we've faced what you would call an 'elite' defense.

Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by NOLA View Post
    Do you mean the result or the scoreline? I think it's going to be a great game, probably close scoring. I am baised towards the Pats but I feel that we have more offensive weapons than the Seahawks, and our D isn't too shabby either.

Do you mean the result or the scoreline? I think it's going to be a great game, probably close scoring. I am baised towards the Pats but I feel that we have more offensive weapons than the Seahawks, and our D isn't too shabby either.
    You definitely have more 'offensive weapons' than us; I would say Bradys pats are arguably the most difficult to prepare for ever in history. Strong running game, receivers all over the field, short and deep threat, good o line, use the slot a lot and a legend at TE.

Defense underrated, 5th best in the league in terms of yards allowed. Two outstanding corners who are better than our two wideouts.

Thats why you're favourites.
    Last edited by hibsbollah; 30-01-2015 at 06:08 PM.

Gamer IDs

You definitely have more 'offensive weapons' than us; I would say Bradys pats are arguably the most difficult to prepare for ever in history. Strong running game, receivers all over the field, short and deep threat, good o line, use the slot a lot and a legend at TE.

Defense underrated, 5th best in the league in terms of yards allowed. Two outstanding corners who are better than our two wideouts.

Thats why you're favourites.
    Not so sure about the deep threat. I don't mean that we cannot complete long plays but we don't have anyone who can stretch the field like some other teams do. Gronk can charge up the middle. Short, quick passes is what we're good at...which probably means you can expect an 80 yard touchdown pass to LaFell. :)

Not so sure about the deep threat. I don't mean that we cannot complete long plays but we don't have anyone who can stretch the field like some other teams do. Gronk can charge up the middle. Short, quick passes is what we're good at...which probably means you can expect an 80 yard touchdown pass to LaFell. :)
    That's true. And im sure you know your team better than I do. I just mean you look at that offense and there's threats everywhere.

That's true. And im sure you know your team better than I do. I just mean you look at that offense and there's threats everywhere.

But on the other hand... Russel Wilson. Loved that guy since his days at NC State.

But on the other hand... Russel Wilson. Loved that guy since his days at NC State.
    I wouldn't tolerate adultery normally. But if my wife said she was running off with Russell Wilson and his new beard I'd just shrug and say 'fair enough sweetheart. If I was in your place id do the same'.

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Euphoria1875

Gamer IDs

Whilst part of me hopes Richard Sherman's girlfriend goes into labour on Sunday morning (), I do hope he gets to do both - experience the birth of his first child and play in the Superbowl. I'd rather it was 2 teams at full strength competing for this so there are no excuses other than 'the best team won'.

I was reading that Kam Chancellor hurt his knee in practice yesterday but he looks like he's 'probable' for Sunday.

On the Richard Sherman story, I read an interview with Eric Decker who had this to say:

Quote Originally Posted by Decker
    "Well, it's different when it's a girlfriend and a wife,'' Decker said on WFAN radio. "So I think if it was my wife giving birth, you know, ultimately I believe my purpose is to be a father and a husband.
    What a total nonsense - 'it's different when it's a girlfriend and a wife' - erm, no it isn't you Medieval prize A plum - your first child is arriving - the marital status of the parents is totally irrelevant to how momentous an occasion it is!