hibs.net Messageboard

Thread: Timbersports

@hibs.net private member

Timbersports

Caught a programme called Timbersports on TV. Basically it’s a race to see which team can saw or chop wood the fastest. I did wonder if anyone had lost a foot while chopping the log which was between their feet

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member overdrive's Avatar
    Is it on ESPN by any chance?

Saw something similar on ESPN a few years ago whilst drunk and thought it was quality. It was wider than just chopping wood. It was like competitive tradesmen. See who could hang a door the fastest, etc. I can't remember what it was called and I've never seen it on TV again.

Edit: just had a look at Timbersports and what I saw was definitely different as it was filmed in a TV studio and was more geared towards tradesmen rather than folk just chopping wood. I'd appreciate any insight from anyone on the thing I watched!
    Last edited by overdrive; 26-03-2024 at 01:59 PM.

@hibs.net private member Jones28's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by overdrive View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

Saw something similar on ESPN a few years ago whilst drunk and thought it was quality. It was wider than just chopping wood. It was like competitive tradesmen. See who could hang a door the fastest, etc. I can't remember what it was called and I've never seen it on TV again.

Edit: just had a look at Timbersports and what I saw was definitely different as it was filmed in a TV studio and was more geared towards tradesmen rather than folk just chopping wood. I'd appreciate any insight from anyone on the thing I watched!
    Changing Rooms
    "...when Hibs won the Scottish Cup final and that celebration, Sunshine on Leith? I don’t think there’s a better football celebration ever in the game.”

Sir Alex Ferguson

This thread reminds me of Trans World Sport on Channel 4.

I still have a favourite Kabaddi team to this day.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

@hibs.net private member overdrive's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jones28 View Post
    Changing Rooms

Quote Originally Posted by overdrive View Post

Found it.

It was the Ideal Electrical National Championship. It is for trades apprentices and American based but seems to be mostly electricians. It was brilliant TV. Not sure if it is broadcast still but there seems to be plenty YouTube videos
    Last edited by overdrive; 27-03-2024 at 03:31 PM.