hibs.net Messageboard

Page 310 of 406 FirstFirst ... 210260300308309310311312320360 ... LastLast
Results 9,271 to 9,300 of 12180
    Patriots look like we're back in business. I think... That fog made it confusing!

2. Log in to remove the advert

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: sjmcg1304
    I can't decide if we look like we're back on track or if the Falcons are really just a poor reflection of the team we played back in Feb.

Either way, second home win of the season, so we'll take it!
    Madness, as you know, is a lot like gravity. All it takes is a little push.

Superb weekend for the saints. We couldnt have asked for better results.

Just got told that Isaiah wright the RB in seasons 1&2 of last chance U got arrested with his brother for homicide. Really talented kid but that's his story over

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by NOLA View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Just got told that Isaiah wright the RB in seasons 1&2 of last chance U got arrested with his brother for homicide. Really talented kid but that's his story over

He was my favourite character in the whole thing.

One third of black Americans born today will go to prison at some point in their lifetime. Six times the rate of whites. Which is fairly mind blowing.

Back to the game, a surprise has been the non appearance of Arizona this year. Their defense has been a tough unit for years but now its statistically one of the worst in the league despite honey badger and all those guys

Ravens D destroy Miami 40-0.

Kiki Alonso shouldn't get a fine or a suspension for that very painful looking hit on Flacco. There was no way he can change his mind in time when Flacco goes into a slide. The outraged commentators were talking out of their hole IMO.

Gamer IDs

There's been some really odd scores around the league this year and that's another one.

Don't get me wrong, the Dolphins have looked garbage at times, but isn't that the 4th shutout this year??

Quote Originally Posted by Sylar View Post
    There's been some really odd scores around the league this year and that's another one.

Don't get me wrong, the Dolphins have looked garbage at times, but isn't that the 4th shutout this year??
    They just haven't enough good players on offense. Starting at QB. They are 4-3 though so anythings possible, but you're not going to win anything with a choice of Tannehill Cutler or Moore under centre. (I know 2 of those are hurt anyway) Do they have another QB ?

Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by hibsbollah View Post
    They just haven't enough good players on offense. Starting at QB. They are 4-3 though so anythings possible, but you're not going to win anything with a choice of Tannehill Cutler or Moore under centre. (I know 2 of those are hurt anyway) Do they have another QB ?
    I can think of one guy they might want to consider, but absolutely won't...nothing to do with kneeling etc, but having the audacity to wear a Castro t-shirt once in his life

Quote Originally Posted by Sylar View Post
    I can think of one guy they might want to consider, but absolutely won't...nothing to do with kneeling etc, but having the audacity to wear a Castro t-shirt once in his life
    I seem to recall him getting into a bit of bother after being seen wearing a Miami hat?

David Fales was signed as a back up whilst Cutler is injured. Brandon Doughty is signed to the practice squad (for the 2nd season in a row).

The Dolphins have a good receiving unit and a good defensive line. There are other good players dotted about, particularly on the defense which has ranked well this season, but the whole squad just lacks quality and depth, couple that with some awful play calling on offense and you can see why we are ranked 32nd in the league on that side of the ball.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

@hibs.net private member Hibbyradge's Avatar
    Ravens D destroy Miami 40-0.

Kiki Alonso shouldn't get a fine or a suspension for that very painful looking hit on Flacco. There was no way he can change his mind in time when Flacco goes into a slide. The outraged commentators were talking out of their hole IMO.
    Where did you watch that?

I'm trying to take an interest in the Dolphins because I'm going to Miami in December and I've got tickets for the Patriots game.

I haven't been able to find them on TV yet although probably just as well yesterday!
    Buy nothing online unless you check for free cashback here first. I've already earned £2,389.68!

Quote Originally Posted by Hibbyradge View Post

I'm trying to take an interest in the Dolphins because I'm going to Miami in December and I've got tickets for the Patriots game.

I haven't been able to find them on TV yet although probably just as well yesterday!
    Was the 1.30am game on Sky Sports last night. Delighted I got up to watch it

On against v Oakland Raiders at 1am on Monday 6th November and v the Panthers at 1.15am on Tuesday 14th.

I was over a few years ago and the then Dolphins Stadium was a bit of a dump, there has been a lot of money spent on it since and it's supposed to be very good now. The food and drink offerings are excellent.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

@hibs.net private member Hibbyradge's Avatar
    Thanks for the info, S. I'll try to take at least one of them in.

I've had a 360° virtual look around the Hard Rock and it looks amazing.

That's good news about the food and drink. My wife says she's only going for the snacks.

Quote Originally Posted by Hibbyradge View Post

Miami is a great city, although it's been a long time since I was there so my recommendations are probably old hat now in fact the Dolphins were playing in Joe robbie stadium in those days. Coconut Grove was a nice district and try to check out the Nicaraguan and Cuban restaurants.

Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post
    David Fales was signed as a back up whilst Cutler is injured. Brandon Doughty is signed to the practice squad (for the 2nd season in a row).

The Dolphins have a good receiving unit and a good defensive line. There are other good players dotted about, particularly on the defense which has ranked well this season, but the whole squad just lacks quality and depth, couple that with some awful play calling on offense and you can see why we are ranked 32nd in the league on that side of the ball.
    Just wiki'd Fales and doughty. Underwhelming.

Quote Originally Posted by NOLA View Post

Cheeky chappie. The seethe if the Dolphins actually signed him would be great. To be fair he could be making a face at the quality of the merchandise, which does look a bit shoddy.

I had a conversation with the high school football coach which in turn led to a pub debate and it was quite interesting.

The HS coach is basically worried for the future of the school team. Out of 200 8th grade boys only 16 (!) Are playing football this year. Of that 5 are injured so they're going out with 11 players in total. He's hoping it's an anomaly but he's heard it's similar in other towns nearby too. So it started a debate: Would you let your son play football? Almost every parent I know said "no". Only one said yes (her son is actually one of the 11, he's playing TE, DE, Punter AND kicker!)

Which led to another debate: Will we, or are we already, seeing a drastic decline in the quality of pro football in the near future?

And to all on here: Would you let your son play football?

Quote Originally Posted by Haymaker View Post
    I had a conversation with the high school football coach which in turn led to a pub debate and it was quite interesting.

The HS coach is basically worried for the future of the school team. Out of 200 8th grade boys only 16 (!) Are playing football this year. Of that 5 are injured so they're going out with 11 players in total. He's hoping it's an anomaly but he's heard it's similar in other towns nearby too. So it started a debate: Would you let your son play football? Almost every parent I know said "no". Only one said yes (her son is actually one of the 11, he's playing TE, DE, Punter AND kicker!)

Which led to another debate: Will we, or are we already, seeing a drastic decline in the quality of pro football in the near future?

Is the fact that the U.S. finally seems to be 'getting' soccer an issue?

Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post
    Is the fact that the U.S. finally seems to be 'getting' soccer an issue?
    There's a small bit of it, but 100+ boys in that grade participated in flag football. Soccer in my town has roughly stayed the same participation numbers for the last 10 years apparently.

I'd love my kid to play. You can do it gradually, there's flag football for the young ones until they get big enough, contact without pads and then full contact with pads at 15+. And there's no camaraderie like it.

I'd love my kid to play. You can do it gradually, there's flag football for the young ones until they get big enough, contact without pads and then full contact with pads at 15+. And there's no camaraderie like it.
    That's the thing, all the kids are playing flag but once it's full on, it seems people are not allowing their kids to play.

Maybe it's just an anomaly, I certainly don't have any proper evidence outside of my little area, but it does make you think that pro football might have issues with quality in a few years.

If I have a son, I'd be happy for them to play.

That's the thing, all the kids are playing flag but once it's full on, it seems people are not allowing their kids to play.

Maybe it's just an anomaly, I certainly don't have any proper evidence outside of my little area, but it does make you think that pro football might have issues with quality in a few years.

If I have a son, I'd be happy for them to play.

There's good evidence that repetitive heading a fitba' can cause problems as well... Will probably be banned for primary age kids in the next few years.

http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/are-w...r11d00tg95evvs

Lots of debates about concussion in rugby.
    Every sport involves a degree of risk.

There's good evidence that repetitive heading a fitba' can cause problems as well... Will probably be banned for primary age kids in the next few years.

http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/are-w...r11d00tg95evvs

Lots of debates about concussion in rugby.
    Every sport involves a degree of risk.
    It's already banned here until U12. Problem is that the first training session they're allowed a fair number of coaches will be getting the kids to head a ball thousands of times!

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Euphoria1875

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: CalvinoHFC PSN ID: CalvinoHFC
    Saw someone at the game today in a Hibernian Keep The Faith t-shirt; was it anyone on here?

Hope my game in Seattle next week is a bit better than what London has had to offer!

Deshawn Watson is a special player. Making Sherman look silly with some miracle passes. 24-21 Texans late in the 3rd.
    Edit 38-34 now, some game. I have Watson on my fantasy bench
    Last edited by hibsbollah; 29-10-2017 at 11:03 PM.

I dropped Watson as I thought he’d have a tough time against the seahawks D and he scores 33 points

What an ending in the Seattle game!