hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Left by mutual consent!

Kevin Thomson is one of Us again...

From today's Scotsman interview with Aidan Smith...

Does he feel free to be a Hibby again? "Aye, I think so. Rangers fans don't want to hear the Hibby shout, justifiably so. But, you know, my fiancee Calley and I have just become parents and I'm the proudest of dads to wee Jackson. Football's great but family really is the best and yet for me the the moment that could have matched becoming a father would have been lifting that League Cup with Hibs back in 2007. I would have loved to have left Hibs a hero.

John Collins knew that, everybody knew that to have been captain of a winning Hibees team would have been the greatest moment, no matter what I can still go on and achieve."

Just like that.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by hibs0666 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    From today's Scotsman interview with Aidan Smith...

Does he feel free to be a Hibby again? "Aye, I think so. Rangers fans don't want to hear the Hibby shout, justifiably so. But, you know, my fiancee Calley and I have just become parents and I'm the proudest of dads to wee Jackson. Football's great but family really is the best and yet for me the the moment that could have matched becoming a father would have been lifting that League Cup with Hibs back in 2007. I would have loved to have left Hibs a hero.

John Collins knew that, everybody knew that to have been captain of a winning Hibees team would have been the greatest moment, no matter what I can still go on and achieve."

Just like that.
    All he had to do was not be a greedy wee dickhead and he could've had his moment

Left by mutual consent!
    Kevin Thomson can go and throw at himself

"wee Jackson"?

....as in Keith Jackson?

Professional thread starter Diclonius's Avatar
    Piss off, Thomson.

@hibs.net private member greenlex's Avatar
    He called his laddie Jackson!!!!! Is his middle name Keith???? Unbelieveable!!!!!!
    Still think deep down he is a decent guy.:)

It isn't the fact that he sold his soul; it was the way he manufactured his way to Greyskull, that I despise the greetin' faced little ******wit!!!

First Team Breakthrough Oscar Lomax's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by James Connolly View Post
    It isn't the fact that he sold his soul; it was the way he manufactured his way to Greyskull, that I despise the greetin' faced little ******wit!!!
    Get a life pal...... The thing that gets me is everyone would do the same !!! Its comical.

Quote Originally Posted by Oscar Lomax View Post
    Get a life pal...... The thing that gets me is everyone would do the same !!! Its comical.
    What? Engineer a move in the way KT did?
    I wouldn't, and not cos just cos it's hibs!

Testimonial Due bighairyfaeleith's Avatar
    I think your wrong there, not everyone would spend months engineering a move, causing disharmony in a squad which was good enough to win both cups that year, and openly slating hibs in the press just to get his move at a price which suited rangers.

Hibs have never stopped anyone moving on, providing the price is right. Thats fair for hibs and the player. KT tried to get round that so he could get the big bucks quicker, a hibs fan would not do that!!

I still have no sympathy for katie

Just like us, KT will always be a Hibee.

He was simply not biting the hand that fed.

Parenthood also makes one wise up - not always when it comes to selection of the child's name though

Scott brown never and ended up making double the money. Kevin thomson while captain was writing negative stuff about hibs while he had his weekly column in the record. He was talking about how he didnt earn enough and how his parents still had to work ect. He played the poverty card on a 1500 pound a week contract when 99% of hibs fans who work hard to pay for season tickets ect dont earn anywhere near that. This was all after hibs paid his wages for nearly 2 years while he was out with a cruciate. He didnt seem to have a problem earning that sort of money then. Thomson left hibs the worst way possible and there is no excuses for it. Complete turncoat. Hope he is made really unwelcome if he ever goes to easter road again.

@hibs.net private member
    Have to say I was a wee bit disappointed with some of the quotes attributed to KT at that time.

Knew he was a hibby though and his dad is a big hibby and always was. Think he found it difficult though with the abuse Kevin was getting.

Quote Originally Posted by The_Quiet_Man View Post

Parenthood also makes one wise up - not always when it comes to selection of the child's name though

Maybe u would PAL; but don't speak for other people.

KT could have kept his mouth shut and still got his big money move; he chose to slag Hibs off at every opportunity in the Daily ******...or have u forgotten that?

Quote Originally Posted by Steve-O View Post
    All he had to do was not be a greedy wee dickhead and he could've had his moment

I hate him and his little media sycophants.

@hibs.net private member Hibbyradge's Avatar
    You may not like him now, nor forgive him for the way he left, but he's a Hibs supporter.

Nothing said on here will change that.

How long till the "KT on the way back to ER" stories?
    Buy nothing online unless you check for free cashback here first. I've already earned £2,389.68!

The way he engineered his move is in the distant past now and his transfer fee along with many of his previous team mates has helped Hibs build an infrastructure that may see the next decent young players staying at Hibs that wee bit longer than he did. Frankly do not see why so many people are still bitter as Riordan and Murray both let their contracts run down as was their right before Hibs got a paltry sum for Riordan and nothing for Murray. Time to move on and stop living in the past perhaps!

@hibs.net private member Hibbyradge's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by col02 View Post
    Frankly do not see why so many people are still bitter
    It's easy and makes us feel self righteous.
    Buy nothing online unless you check for free cashback here first. I've already earned £2,389.68!

Testimonial Due bighairyfaeleith's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by col02 View Post
    The way he engineered his move is in the distant past now and his transfer fee along with many of his previous team mates has helped Hibs build an infrastructure that may see the next decent young players staying at Hibs that wee bit longer than he did. Frankly do not see why so many people are still bitter as Riordan and Murray both let their contracts run down as was their right before Hibs got a paltry sum for Riordan and nothing for Murray. Time to move on and stop living in the past perhaps!
    ah but they have came back and made amends for there wrongs in the past.

I'm sure there will be KT coming back threads before long, especially if middlesborough get into the premiership and he falls out of favour, however given his injury problems I'm not sure he ever would be fit enough to come back.

I'm not saying he could never be forgiven, however I think it unlikely that it would happen any time soon. If however he was ever to appear at Easter road, I think a back turning exercise may be far more effective than shouting abuse at him. Be great to see him walking up towards his seat in the stand and all the fans turning there backs to him.

First Team Breakthrough Postman's Avatar
    I really don't think everyone would react in exactly the way they say they would on here if another employer offered to increase their salary by 8 to 10 times! Yes he went about it in the wrong way but he's a young guy who was badly advised. He got what he wanted in the end and Hibs got good cash and now have the best set up outside of the Old Firm. KT is part of the reason we have that! Would be happy to see any ex player back supporting the team in the future if that is what they want to do, we have a big stadium to fill after all

My first (real) job was over 15 years ago working for a well known cable company. I have worked there ever since.

If Sky came to me tomorrow and doubled my wages I would jump without thought.

However I still think cable TV is better than Sky

KT is a Hibs fan but playing football is his job

If Thomson ever comes back to ER, we'll forgive him immediately and adore him again. That's the way of the world.

I'd take him back in a heartbeat too. Our midfield has never been the same since he left.

@hibs.net private member Bostonhibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibbyradge View Post
    You may not like him now, nor forgive him for the way he left, but he's a Hibs supporter.

Nothing said on here will change that.

How long till the "KT on the way back to ER" stories?
    It's an awkward one becasue I thought it was compulsory to like every single Hibs supporter personally, in Katies case, I am happy he seems to be a Hibby, don't see why his dad should get a hard time, however as far as Katie is concerned I think the best I will ever achieve in the liking stakes is 99.99% of all hibs supporters.
    Last edited by Bostonhibby; 07-08-2010 at 08:29 AM.

He was 21 years old FFS. How many people didn't make a mistake when they were 21?

Nobody died.

Quote Originally Posted by The_Quiet_Man View Post

Really, even when he quoted he would walk on broken glass along the M8 to leave us??

Left by mutual consent! PaulSmith's Avatar
    Well done Kevin Thomson and I hope that one day soon he'll feel comfortable enough to come back to Easter Road with his family.

The posters that are spouting the rants at Thomson are probably the same ones who ran Iain Murray out of the bar the night that he was celebrating Hibs winning the League Cup.

I'd like to think that we're bigger than that and one day we'll see Thomson back in a Hibs shirt as by christ we certainly miss that type of player now.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Delabooze View Post
    Really, even when he quoted he would walk on broken glass along the M8 to leave us??
    Thats the one I was disappointed in. Thought he was better than that.

Left by mutual consent! PaulSmith's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Delabooze View Post
    I'd walk along the M8 on broken glass to earn £12k a week if I was on £1500 (even at that just moved on from c£600 PW).

Doesn't mean anything against where he was leaving and more to do with where he was going.

Left by mutual consent! Phil D. Rolls's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    There are lots of bitter little men that follow football, even Hibs have their share.

Left by mutual consent! New Corrie's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by PaulSmith View Post
    Well done Kevin Thomson and I hope that one day soon he'll feel comfortable enough to come back to Easter Road with his family.

The posters that are spouting the rants at Thomson are probably the same ones who ran Iain Murray out of the bar the night that he was celebrating Hibs winning the League Cup.

I'd like to think that we're bigger than that and one day we'll see Thomson back in a Hibs shirt as by christ we certainly miss that type of player now.

Hurrah! a sensible post about Kevin Thomson what amazes me is, how many folk on here have never done or said anything foolish in their lifes