hibs.net Messageboard

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by A Regulator View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    A lot of people seem to be in agreement that corners and crosses are one of our main weak points now. And I don't think it would unreasonable to suggest Maka would have got all three of those shots last night.
    What a load of nonsense.

There is no way Maka or many other keepers would have saved those goals. 3 great finishes well out of the reach of Stack(who contrary to the opinion of a few on here is only a couple of inches shorter then Maka).

Your vendetta against any keeper who isn't Makalamay is prett pathetic TBH.

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member Hermit Crab's Avatar
    I was there and take it from me we were absolute Jobby! We aere the only team i know that sets up to play for a draw 451 and goes 3-0 down and continues to play 451. Riordan and Stokes should have been on from the start. Hughes has to take most of the blame for this disgrace. Another trip another waste of cash but its Hibs and you keep going back!

Quote Originally Posted by Hermit Crab View Post
    I was there and take it from me we were absolute Jobby! We aere the only team i know that sets up to play for a draw 451 and goes 3-0 down and continues to play 451. Riordan and Stokes should have been on from the start. Hughes has to take most of the blame for this disgrace. Another trip another waste of cash but its Hibs and you keep going back!
    Dont agree Rooney, we set up right, the first goal was unsavable, and the second was a cracker, even though Wotherspoon was fouled before the strike...

Quote Originally Posted by Delabooze View Post
    Dont agree Rooney, we set up right, the first goal was unsavable, and the second was a cracker, even though Wotherspoon was fouled before the strike...

Having just watched the goals again would you not question Stacks positioning for the 2nd? Regardless if spoony was fouled or not you cant give the ball away so cheaply in these games. We were shown up big time Brockie.

Having just watched the goals again would you not question Stacks positioning for the 2nd? Regardless if spoony was fouled or not you cant give the ball away so cheaply in these games. We were shown up big time Brockie.
    Dont think you can blame Stacky, dont forget he had two or three outstanding saves, remember the tie is 180 minutes not just 90...

Dont think you can blame Stacky, dont forget he had two or three outstanding saves, remember the tie is 180 minutes not just 90...

I know mate but you want to make the 2ng leg easier not harder. I think it can be done but we need a good crowd and lots of noise!

I know mate but you want to make the 2ng leg easier not harder. I think it can be done but we need a good crowd and lots of noise!
    Stacky saved us from a 6 goal humping, so he has helped make the return a little easier

@hibs.net private member offshorehibby's Avatar
    Why oh why was it 3 against 2 for the 3rd goal
    TOP CASH BACK
    The easy way to make money

Stacky saved us from a 6 goal humping, so he has helped make the return a little easier

Ok then mate, just that wee bit easier!

@hibs.net private member snooky's Avatar
    My comments on the goals after viewing the highlights link.

Goal 1) Murray slip didn't help however, their player sold a nice dummy turn before sticking a great shot in the net. Great goal - can't argue.

Goal 2) Good lob-come-shot but I would question Stack's positioning. He could've done better.

Goal 3) Kevin McBride (17) ambles back instead of bursting a gut. This is the difference between winners and losers. I witnessed similar scenarios several times last season.
    Inexcusable, IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by snooky View Post
    My comments on the goals after viewing the highlights link.

Goal 1) Murray slip didn't help however, their player sold a nice dummy turn before sticking a great shot in the net. Great goal - can't argue.

Goal 2) Good lob-come-shot but I would question Stack's positioning. He could've done better.

Goal 3) Kevin McBride (17) ambles back instead of bursting a gut. This is the difference between winners and losers. I witnessed similar scenarios several times last season.
    Inexcusable, IMO.

I agree with the above although i got shot down for questioning Stacks positioning for the 2nd. I think that he could have done better.

@hibs.net private member Tricla's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by broonie27 View Post
    First two are absolute blinders. Unsavable, and technically brilliant, but it was two defensive lapses that lead to both. Very poor indeed.
    Second goal shouldn't have stood IMO as I thing Spoony(?) was fouled as the ball broke to them.

Quote Originally Posted by matty_fairnie View Post
    Cracking finishes for all three goals, but we are our own worst enemy.
    cant see any of them as cracking finishes. every one was a total f/ck up! they ripped us up for erse paper , agreed ,but Murray made a mess of ,for number 1 then number 2,well what can you say about the goalie? he was yards off his line.number 3,total shambles at that point as if we gave up and let them drive straight through us.

@hibs.net private member wazoo1875's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by monktonharp View Post
    cant see any of them as cracking finishes. every one was a total f/ck up! they ripped us up for erse paper , agreed ,but Murray made a mess of ,for number 1 then number 2,well what can you say about the goalie? he was yards off his line.number 3,total shambles at that point as if we gave up and let them drive straight through us.
    Mate , dunno how you can say the the first one wasnae a peach. It wasn't as if he never had anything to do once murray had fell on his erse, he sold a proper dummy inside the box and curled it in off the bar if that wasnae a crackin finish then i'm beat. The other 2 were very avoidable tho. It was barry over there tho eh, just a shame the fitbaw ****ed up a quality laugh
    Never one to laugh at others misfortune but today could only have been improved by rangers getting horsed and God pissing down a meteor shower of fifty pound notes on Edinburgh

Copyright BadMartini Wed 27th Jan 2010

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Nick T Muir
    Quote Originally Posted by matty_fairnie View Post
    Imagine how many chances they'd have got to show their finishing if we'd weakened the midfield.
    To be honest Matty, taking Rankin out of our midfield doesn't weaken it. It strengthens it.

I'm not saying that the slips and giving away of the ball would have been erradicated but it wouldn't have been any worse for having Rankin off the park and Deek and Stokes up front. At least then, we'd have had an out up top which would have changed the dynamic of the game IMO.

They scored a couple of crackers but I suspect they won't be doing that every week otherwise they'd be winning the champions league. That's the breaks and would have happened whether we had Deek or Stokes on or not. At least with them, I believe we'd have had more of the game and of course, at least a chance of scoring.