hibs.net Messageboard

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    @hibs.net private member CallumLaidlaw's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Cal_hibby
    Quote Originally Posted by Aldo the Hibby View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    That will be the boy in the picture that was posted at the end of the season, standing in or around the tunnel/dugouts.

Lets hope he does the business for us. Hopefully a few more being brought into the club in the coming weeks.

GG
    Defo looks like him. I got into trouble for posting them. Glad it didn't mess anything up

2. Log in to remove the advert

Without knowing anything about the guy, a player who has spent his career in the Dutch top division and captained Breda will be no mug.

More like this please, Messrs Hughes and Petrie. A right back and central defender next please.

@hibs.net private member HibbyAndy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by CallumLaidlaw View Post
    Defo looks like him. I got into trouble for posting them. Glad it didn't mess anything up
    From whom may i ask?

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Cod Flanders
    Quote Originally Posted by blackpoolhibs View Post
    Yip, and Colin slower than the QE2 turning Murdoch played for Man United, as did Rankin. It means diddly.
    When they were youth players. Feyenoord signed De Graaf at 25 - completely different.

As for the Zibby comments - never thought of that but fair enough.

Left by mutual consent! PaulSmith's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Beefster View Post
    Without knowing anything about the guy, a player who has spent his career in the Dutch top division and captained Breda will be no mug.

More like this please, Messrs Hughes and Petrie. A right back and central defender next please.
    Michael Hart is odds on to be a Hibs player very soon.

I love it when Hughes does exactly as he said he would do, I.e sign an experienced, physical presence into the midfield.

Looking forward to a couple more players that haven't been mentioned coming in over the next 8 weeks that will be a better calibre than we currently have.

Left by mutual consent! Phil D. Rolls's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by johnrebus View Post
    He must be terrible TBH.

How can we sign a player without it being relentless trailed on rubbish football rumour websites, certain private members on hibs.net, the Daily Record, The Sun and the Sunday Post?

Petrie is taking the Jarkko if he thinks we are going to fall for this!!!!!!!!

It beggars belief.

Quote Originally Posted by HibbyAndy View Post
    What they saying on the Breda forums about it?
    Edwin de Graaf verruilt NAC voor het Schotse hibernian. De aanbieding die NAC had weggelegd was onvoldoende voor de hagenaar, waarna hij besloot om een tweejarig contract te tekenen voor de ploeg uit edinburgh.

Eerder stond de Graaf al in de belangstelling van msv duisburg en het amerikaanse dc united. Edwin speelde 86 wedstrijden voor de Parel, waarin hij 18 keer het net wist te vinden.

Bedankt Edwin, en veel plezier op Easter Road!
    Well, I don't speak Dutch, but I get the impression that he was wanted by Duisburg and DC United as well.

The last paragraph seems to say "thank you and have a good time at Easter Road".

I also notice that he was fourth in the player of the year votes at Breda.
    Last edited by Phil D. Rolls; 15-06-2010 at 04:25 PM.

Left by mutual consent!
    As reported by the media.............."Skysports.com understands the Dutchman turned down a number of clubs from the Championship before agreeing to move to Easter Road"

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,195...208003,00.html

In a Hibs strip in the link below and translation below the link:

http://www.voetbalprimeur.nl/site/ni...an_worden.html
    Edwin the Count set its career forward in the Scottish competition. The middenvelder of NAC Breda reached Tuesday an agreement with Hibernian. Do not Dig "this chance want I let walk", according to De.

The Counts, in the possession of an ending agreement, is a happy man. The thirty-year middenvelder set in on a foreign adventure and gets this now in the form of an employment by Hibernian. "This is fantastic", rings Dig the first reaction of De opposite VoetbalPrimeur.

While the ink had been dried on the contract not yet, spoke want to be 'droomtransfer' De from the administration room of Hibernian its satisfaction from over the rounding off of. "I have want to play all eager in the foreign country always. Now I that chance get, want to let walk these not. I am now thirty year. That I now yet a few year in the foreign country can play is quite beautiful."

The middenvelder might know self in the interest of a robust number of clubs. Among many from Germany, England and the United States came Dig there offers within furrow De, that a new contract offer of NAC Breda put down next to self. The choice for Hibernian had been made however fast.

"From the first moment that I by this club am orphans look have I a quite good feeling by Hibernian. The stadium, Easter Road, is a typical stadium that you in England and Scotland well often see. The training complex is fantastic. The fields lie there besides as billiards sheet by. Since my first visit I was sold. This moést the becoming."

The Count let self have been informed of before good over the Scottish football. Naturally clubs as a Celtic know and Glasgow Rangers little secrets, the power of the remaining clubs in the Scottish prime Minister League is many strange. "You must Hibernian a little bit see as the third club of Scotland", knowledge De Dig.
    "They want to play football gladly. I is present self by Motherwell – Hibernian. That duel went the books in for it ended then in a 6-6 right game. Immediately was to be seen that the tempo tremendously high lies. That is a challenge for me. I think that I here well pace. I must have it after all also largely of my course fortune."

http://www.telegraaf.nl/telesport/vo...tml?sn=voetbal

Cheers Filled Rolls ..

If Hibs can persuade guys like him to sign for us when Championship clubs are after him speaks volumes

The infrastructure in place here must count alot for some players instead of seeing ££ signs.

Great capture by all acounts.

Nice one Yogi and Rod

@hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jonnyboy View Post
    Does this mean Yogi will start speaking Leith Dutch?
    I can just hear it now, yogi talking like Steve Mclaren in 2-3 weeks time.

@hibs.net private member bingo70's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by sunshine1875 View Post
    As reported by the media.............."Skysports.com understands the Dutchman turned down a number of clubs from the Championship before agreeing to move to Easter Road"

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,195...208003,00.html

Edwin the Count set its career forward in the Scottish competition. The middenvelder of NAC Breda reached Tuesday an agreement with Hibernian. Do not Dig "this chance want I let walk", according to De.
    The Counts, in the possession of an ending agreement, is a happy man. The thirty-year middenvelder set in on a foreign adventure and gets this now in the form of an employment by Hibernian. "This is fantastic", rings Dig the first reaction of De opposite VoetbalPrimeur.

While the ink had been dried on the contract not yet, spoke want to be 'droomtransfer' De from the administration room of Hibernian its satisfaction from over the rounding off of. "I have want to play all eager in the foreign country always. Now I that chance get, want to let walk these not. I am now thirty year. That I now yet a few year in the foreign country can play is quite beautiful."

The middenvelder might know self in the interest of a robust number of clubs. Among many from Germany, England and the United States came Dig there offers within furrow De, that a new contract offer of NAC Breda put down next to self. The choice for Hibernian had been made however fast.

"From the first moment that I by this club am orphans look have I a quite good feeling by Hibernian. The stadium, Easter Road, is a typical stadium that you in England and Scotland well often see. The training complex is fantastic. The fields lie there besides as billiards sheet by. Since my first visit I was sold. This moést the becoming."

The Count let self have been informed of before good over the Scottish football. Naturally clubs as a Celtic know and Glasgow Rangers little secrets, the power of the remaining clubs in the Scottish prime Minister League is many strange. "You must Hibernian a little bit see as the third club of Scotland", knowledge De Dig.
    "They want to play football gladly. I is present self by Motherwell – Hibernian. That duel went the books in for it ended then in a 6-6 right game. Immediately was to be seen that the tempo tremendously high lies. That is a challenge for me. I think that I here well pace. I must have it after all also largely of my course fortune."

http://www.telegraaf.nl/telesport/vo...tml?sn=voetbal
    that'll be the new strip then

Coaching Staff
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Myjo5984 Wii Code: 3916 0145 9394 9493

Nice wee sneak preview of the new home strip.........looks ace

Quote Originally Posted by Filled Rolls View Post
    It beggars belief.

Well, I don't speak Dutch, but I get the impression that he was wanted by Duisburg and DC United as well.

The last paragraph seems to say "thank you and have a good time at Easter Road".

I also notice that he was fourth in the player of the year votes at Breda.
    The Dutch passage says (from Google Translate).....

Edwin de Graaf traded in NAC Hibernian in the Scottish. The offer that NAC had to play was enough for the Hague, and he decided to sign a two year contract for the team from Edinburgh.

Before the count was already in the interest of MSV Duisburg and the American DC United. Edwin played 86 games for the Pearl, which he did 18 times the net to find.

Thanks Edwin, and have fun at Easter Road!

This chap seems a decent player in a league which is of a higher standard than the SPL. He also plays in a key position for us. Well done to Yogi and RP for going about our business discreetly and professionally. And not to be all parochial about it but after Hearts signing the ******, it's good to get the Count on our books.

Blog Entries
    For any Jambos looking in, you need trouble yourself no further. There is no way he'd sign for you.

"They want to play football gladly".

Quote Originally Posted by MyJo View Post
    Nice wee sneak preview of the new home strip.........looks ace
    OG or a marketing ploy ...

The Dutch passage says (from Google Translate).....

Edwin de Graaf traded in NAC Hibernian in the Scottish. The offer that NAC had to play was enough for the Hague, and he decided to sign a two year contract for the team from Edinburgh.

Before the count was already in the interest of MSV Duisburg and the American DC United. Edwin played 86 games for the Pearl, which he did 18 times the net to find.
    Of these dodgy translations, up I am fed!

Quote Originally Posted by bingo70 View Post

From that pic i really like the new top

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by bingo70 View Post
    Looks like the club forgot this in all the excitement!

Quote Originally Posted by HibbyAndy View Post
    Over on ourstadiumispinkback they are spewing!! All trying to playdown he's a decent player, Asking the question why he would sign for Hibs..Hmm , Let me take a few guesses

We have a state of the art academy?

A bran spanking new stand to take us upto 20 thousand?

Our club is run well and the manager and chairmen sold him on hibs without promising false facts and lies?

Brilliantly run club with fans that arent ersholes?

Poential Eurpean football at Easter RD. ?

Yip, Ive absolutley no idea why he opted for Hibernian.

Could you imagine FJK trying to sell Hearts to him

Em, Were 8676898069869069 Million quid in debt.

Our owner is 2 peas short of a pod

Our stadium is pink and have a crumbling main stand that is gonna be a new 50 million pound stand with ensuite facilities and a bar a restaraunt etc etc...Eh, actually we decided on a new 15 Million pound stand instead

We have no danger of european football, But the Lads have a playstation 2

Our club is the worst run in Scotland FACT.

So i ask our fellow pinkers looking in, Why the hell wouldnt you pick Hibernian?

And welcome to Hibernian Edwin son

Would have much preferred Darren Barr or Kevin Kyle to be honest.

to Yogi and Rod on this one - being Breda's captain he won't have had diddly wage demands either, although probably not wild riches either.

Left by mutual consent!

Indeed, we have some youtube clips and a very decent club career, certainly on paper this is a high quality signing, we know the game isnt played on paper thats all we have now and for me its a very good bit of business.

Should be a good signing, lets hope he can produce the goods. P.S New Home Top looks tidy.

@hibs.net private member .Sean.'s Avatar
    Sounds like a very shrewd signing. Well done to King Rodders and Yogi, it looks like a real hidden gem has been unearthed

Looking at his Youtube videos, he's scored a few crackers. Excellent to have a proper midfielder at the club who seems to be good for around ten goals a season. I've only seen clips but he bursts forward like a young Scotty Brown!

We beat Barnsley to his signing. Barnsley are a smaller club than us but with them being a Championship outfit, it's likely they offered more in wages than us. Is this a clear sign that the Stadium and East Mains are now paying dividends when it comes to new signings?

Great to see the Club isn't folowing the recent trend of the big teams and limiting the search for talent to the pits of the SPL, the lower reaches of the Scottish senior leagues, Spanish sunday league and Lithuania

Anyway, enough rambling from me and welcome to the club Edwin!!!!!!

Ooooh to, ooh to be...
    Last edited by .Sean.; 15-06-2010 at 05:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by scoopyboy View Post
    Dinnae worry about a right back.

We will have one in for 1st July at East Mains.

Can I borrow some ambition? degenerated's Avatar
    some good stuff on this one, well apart from the music

First team breakthrough HIBERNIAN 1875's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by The_Quiet_Man View Post
    Care to elaborate?, Michael Hart?

Good stuff Hibernian.

Nice top aswell

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Euphoria1875
    Quote Originally Posted by degenerated View Post

he looks like a very hard working player judging by the clips

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Filled Rolls View Post
    Looks like the club forgot this in all the excitement!

Something a bit different eh..

Quote Originally Posted by degenerated View Post

Tell ye what from that clip it looks like we got one cracking player

Seems to have a fair bit of pace too, Reads the game well and his awareness is 2nd to none..And chips in with a few goals, Excellent addition.
    Last edited by HibbyAndy; 15-06-2010 at 06:14 PM.