hibs.net Messageboard

Thread: Facebook

@hibs.net private member .Sean.'s Avatar

Facebook

What's with all this buzz regarding Facebook? Everyone seems to be on it now. Signing up to it isn't something that i'm too fussy about. Always maintained I wouldn't sign up to it, but i've been told that there's now a group with over a hundred people petitioning to get me on it!

Worthwhile?

2. Log in to remove the advert

Left by mutual consent!
    Pros

You can have a laugh with people you don't see regularly.
    You can chat up women.

Cons

You feel bad if you don't add people who you know but can't really be arsed with or want to talk to despite knowing them for years.
    People live their lives on it which I find incredibly sad.
    People will always post stuff you don't want others to know.
    Your girlfriend will use it as a constant tracking tool if she doesn't trust you 100%

I've got one but only nip on for 10 mins a day or so just to catch up with someone.

@hibs.net private member .Sean.'s Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Woody1985 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Pros

You can chat up women.

Cons

You feel bad if you don't add people who you know but can't really be arsed with or want to talk to despite knowing them for years.
    Your girlfriend will use it as a constant tracking tool if she doesn't trust you 100%

I've got one but only nip on for 10 mins a day or so just to catch up with someone.
    Heard that. Asked a bird for her number the other week. I got 'add me on Facebook' instead...

Quote Originally Posted by .sean. View Post
    What's with all this buzz regarding Facebook? Everyone seems to be on it now. Signing up to it isn't something that i'm too fussy about. Always maintained I wouldn't sign up to it, but i've been told that there's now a group with over a hundred people petitioning to get me on it!

Worthwhile?
    I feel the same sean - what's the hype

Friends and family have my home and mobile numbers. They know where I live. I see most of them fairly regularly and have photos of them and they of me over the years.

I'm not against it at all - just not for me personally. And like you, everyone and their granny wants me to join. No thanks

Left by mutual consent!
    Just give her chat on FB and you'll get it. I got two burds numbers in the last couple of weeks, one of them without even trying.

One was just nippy so I telt her to bolt and the other one started seeing someone so nothing came of it although I did meet the first one (nippy one!).

It's good to use to keep in touch with people you won't see, I get to speak to people I met travelling.

However, I keep my friends list to those people. I refuse to read ***** like "OMG booozing tonight" and "OMG TWO WEEKS IN ZANTE GOING TO GET ****ED" from people who I don't even like.

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: CalvinoHFC PSN ID: CalvinoHFC
    Quote Originally Posted by .sean. View Post

Worthwhile?
    Definitely need to get one. Don't need to be on it often but it's good for photos to document epic nights.

Quote Originally Posted by Riordans Boots View Post
    I feel the same sean - what's the hype

Friends and family have my home and mobile numbers. They know where I live. I see most of them fairly regularly and have photos of them and they of me over the years.

I'm not against it at all - just not for me personally. And like you, everyone and their granny wants me to join. No thanks
    Thats not really the point though S...i was on facebook yest & was having good banter with a few of my colleagues & a few friends that i no longer see, far more easier than texting or phoning..believe me !!!

Granted its not everyones cup of tea, i dont spend my life on it though..i cant ..i spend most of it on here ..

Quote Originally Posted by happyhibbie View Post
    Thats not really the point though S...i was on facebook yest & was having good banter with a few of my colleagues & a few friends that i no longer see, far more easier than texting or phoning..believe me !!!

Granted its not everyones cup of tea, i dont spend my life on it though..i cant ..i spend most of it on here ..
    What is the point then K And I don't believe you

I spend any spare time on here as well and I drink loads o cups o tea

What is the point then K And I don't believe you

I spend any spare time on here as well and I drink loads o cups o tea
    The point is it is a social networking site, its a bit of fun ..folk use it for different reasons, its simple to use too...try speaking to five or six folk at once wi a mobile or a hoose phone !!!

Quote Originally Posted by happyhibbie View Post
    The point is it is a social networking site, its a bit of fun ..folk use it for different reasons, its simple to use too...try speaking to five or six folk at once wi a mobile or a hoose phone !!!
    Thanks but no thank you

Thanks but no thank you
    That wasnae an offer .....

@hibs.net private member Hibernian Verse's Avatar
    Have to say I think Facebook's class. I used to live in Saudi when I was younger and I've caught up with so many people that I knew when I was wee. As someone said, good for chatting up birds if you can't do it in person...haha. It's also decent for keeping up to date with the chat if you've not seen people for a while. I've not seen some people in the year above me for a year now but I can still keep in touch with them without having to waste texts.

@hibs.net private member Bayern Bru's Avatar
    Chatting up women on Facebook? Get some baws lads!

I like it for keeping up with old school friends, and people from my past who I've worked with, and family. However, all the Farmville pish really gets to me. Thankfully I can just block and delete who and what I don't want to see so it's much easier to take. I got it back in 2006 when it was limited to some of the universities, and I have to admit, it was so much better then as it was a "limited" thing. Then again, it is nice to be in touch with family and friends who I otherwise might not be.
    They've only gone and done it! They've only gone and won the Scottish Cup! What kept you, Hibs?!

@hibs.net private member HibbyAndy's Avatar
    Its not my cuppa T..Did make an account but never on it.

Complete waste of time IMO..

Removed
    Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Woody1985 View Post
    Pros

You can chat up women.

Cons

My ex-girlfriend used it as a constant tracking tool as she didn't trust me 100%

Fixed that for you

I signed up for it once and unknown to me Facebook sent an email telling my wife cos she was in my address book

I'm not a member now.

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Euphoria1875
    Quote Originally Posted by Leitrim Hibee View Post
    Chatting up women on Facebook? Get some baws lads!

I like it for keeping up with old school friends, and people from my past who I've worked with, and family. However, all the Farmville pish really gets to me. Thankfully I can just block and delete who and what I don't want to see so it's much easier to take. I got it back in 2006 when it was limited to some of the universities, and I have to admit, it was so much better then as it was a "limited" thing. Then again, it is nice to be in touch with family and friends who I otherwise might not be.
    You can just click on "hide farmville" rather than deleting them that way i don't get any mafia or fArms or anything else any more

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by 65bd View Post
    Fixed that for you

I signed up for it once and unknown to me Facebook sent an email telling my wife cos she was in my address book

I'm not a member now.

@hibs.net private member Bayern Bru's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Euphoria1875 View Post
    You can just click on "hide farmville" rather than deleting them that way i don't get any mafia or fArms or anything else any more
    Yes, I know. I meant delete people. I've hidden/blocked all the apps.
    They've only gone and done it! They've only gone and won the Scottish Cup! What kept you, Hibs?!