hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: England Mexico

@hibs.net private member bingo70's Avatar

England Mexico

Englnd 1 up

English look decent with the ball but absolutely murder without it, IMO they'll struggle against the better teams.

Mexico have just missed two good chances

BTW it's on channel 853 if you've got Virgin

2. Log in to remove the advert

goal for england crouch wee but big *******

2 zip to the Cants

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: RAFFERTY X
    Quote Originally Posted by bingo70 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Englnd 1 up

English look decent with the ball but absolutely murder without it, IMO they'll struggle against the better teams.

Mexico have just missed two good chances

BTW it's on channel 853 if you've got Virgin
    Mexico have absolutely dominated.

Awk 2-0 this is so undeserved and it was a handball.

The funny thing is though England will convince themselves that they've actually played well but so far they have been outplayed at home to an apparently weak Mexico side at Wembley.

Quote Originally Posted by we are hibs View Post
    goal for england crouch wee but big *******
    Another Mexico chance missed

Hoping this lures them into a false sense of security, if they concede possesion like this against the likes of Brazil, Spain, Holland etc they'll get spanked IMO, they won't be gifted goals like they've got tonight for sure anyway.

Removed
    Left by mutual consent!
    Hoping this lures them into a false sense of security, if they concede possesion like this against the likes of Brazil, Spain, Holland etc they'll get spanked IMO, they won't be gifted goals like they've got tonight for sure anyway.
    Hope they bang in a few more. Imagine the press, pundits and hooligans. Will be even sweeter when they get pumped at the WC

MEXICO ARE FAST WEE GITS EH?

Its hard to believe how bad some of England's players are but the commentators just refuse to criticise.
    Johnson and Carrick are hopeless which makes the fact 18 mill was spent on them each even more incredible. Leighton baines pace is an issue and I've never been a fan of Walcott being honest.

The Mexicans are a decent side but if they gift goals like the ones they have then they won't go far in the WC.

Quote Originally Posted by 65bd View Post
    Hope they bang in a few more. Imagine the press, pundits and hooligans. Will be even sweeter when they get pumped at the WC
    Are we still talking about the world cup?

The knob end commentating just said something along the lines of.. "if it keeps going like this imagine how good a world cup it could be", they've been absolutely pish!

Who else are england playing in friendlies in the build up to the world cup?

Quote Originally Posted by seanraff07 View Post

The funny thing is though England will convince themselves that they've actually played well but so far they have been outplayed at home to an apparently weak Mexico side at Wembley.
    The media might. Capello won't. The players won't be in any doubt about the siginifcance or otherwise of this performance..................no matter how much we want them to get carried away.
    Every gimmick hungry yob,
    Digging gold from rock and roll
    Grabs the mic to tell us,
    He'll die before he's sold.

YASSSSS GOAL MEXICO

oye oye cmon the mexicans

The commentators canny believe it

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: CalvinoHFC PSN ID: CalvinoHFC
    What was a 'tight, tight' call about that?

Mon the Mexicans

Think the main thing to remember here is that the scoreline in these types of games mean zip, its more about the performance. Defencivly England have looked solid and compact, if not alittle shakey under the counter attack at times. The only glimmer of danger going forward so far has been Walcott, but the laddie has the decision making skills of an MSP!

If Engurland think this is good enough to win a wolrd cup I think they may have to think again.

Good to see the Mexicans getting one back before half time.

Quote Originally Posted by Cameron1875 View Post
    Its hard to believe how bad some of England's players are but the commentators just refuse to criticise.
    Johnson and Carrick are hopeless which makes the fact 18 mill was spent on them each even more incredible. Leighton baines pace is an issue and I've never been a fan of Walcott being honest.

The Mexicans are a decent side but if they gift goals like the ones they have then they won't go far in the WC.
    All walcott has is pace, against some of the poorer sides thats enough, against the top sides they'll deal with him no bother, the likes of the italians and germans know how to deal with players like that!

Goal mexico, can't believe the commentators said that was a close call whether the ball was over the line or not

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by H18SVG View Post
    Alan Mullery on Sky Sports newsis saying the score should be 2 - 0 to Mexico, totally dominating. 2 - 1
    Mullery has been spot on tonight. He recognises how poor this England side is. They have no pace whatsoever outwith Walcott. The USA play like Mexico but much better and i think a wee bet on them winning thier group at 5-1 looks interesting

First Team Breakthrough manewhut's Avatar
    ITV 1 on HD is available on Sky HD - seemingly it available in England & Wales but not Scotland because of the fall out between ITV & STV

But see this Link......... on how to add it manually

Apologies if this has already been posted..

3-1 england absouloute beuty ma arse

Quote Originally Posted by we are hibs View Post
    3-1 england absouloute beuty ma arse
    Hate to say it but it was a pretty good goal.

free kick shaved the post by stevie G

Exclamation England 3-

FULL TIME : England 3-1 mexico

Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by MerseyHibee View Post
    Mullery has been spot on tonight. He recognises how poor this England side is. They have no pace whatsoever outwith Walcott. The USA play like Mexico but much better and i think a wee bet on them winning thier group at 5-1 looks interesting
    I had no idea thems was the odds. The US will win the world cup one day. They're sending a good squad to SA. I reckon if they can get through the group stage, they might go on to greatness.

I dont realistically think Algeria are up to much.
    Last edited by steakbake; 24-05-2010 at 09:05 PM.

First Team Regular Leicester Fan's Avatar
    You can't take these warm up games too seriously.We didn't play great but that won't be our first choice 11 and we weren't trying that hard.

@hibs.net private member .Sean.'s Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by steakbake View Post
    I had no idea thems was the odds. The US will win the world cup one day. They're sending a good squad to SA. I reckon if they can get through the group stage, they might go on to greatness.

I dont realistically think Algeria are up to much.
    Really?

I can't see it. 'Soccer' in the US is generally the fourth most popular sport, behind Baseball, Basketball and American Football. In some areas it's even less popular than Ice Hockey. Granted with such a large population they're bound to produce a couple great players in the future but win the World Cup? No chance. The 'David Beckham factor', and with him being argubly the biggest footballing superstar ever, couldn't even sustaine an interest in the game in the States.

Quote Originally Posted by Leicester Fan View Post
    You can't take these warm up games too seriously.We didn't play great but that won't be our first choice 11 and we weren't trying that hard.
    I actually agree with that to an extent, the only thing about the game which i found was relevant was that in recent years IMO england have struggled against teams that have a strong midfield and dominate posession and i think there was more evidence of that tonight against a team which probably won't make any impact at the world cup this year.

Considering how good individually your midfield is it's unbelievable how you've never managed to find a combination that works.

Quote Originally Posted by .sean. View Post
    Really?

I can't see it. 'Soccer' in the US is generally the fourth most popular sport, behind Baseball, Basketball and American Football. In some areas it's even less popular than Ice Hockey. Granted with such a large population they're bound to produce a couple great players in the future but win the World Cup? No chance. The 'David Beckham factor', and with him being argubly the biggest footballing superstar ever, couldn't even sustaine an interest in the game in the States.
    although The USA winning the world cup is highly unlikely but 'Soccer' is on the way up. The Beckham idea didnt exactly work the way it was intended but it got alot of money into the game. The gaffer Bob Bradley has the team playing football the way it should be, they finished second in the Confederations Cup earlier this year after deafeating 35 game unbeaten Spain. With a squad like they have I think they will be the dark hourse this year. I predict Quarters for them. USA USA USA USA USA USA USA

I hate england

Quote Originally Posted by Leicester Fan View Post
    Spot on. The game is totally different when the tackles are going in for real. I thought that was a good work out for England last night. A good result along with enough warning signs to prevent complacency setting in. I still reckon the semi-finals is a realistic target for them.

@hibs.net private member
    Considering how good individually your midfield is it's unbelievable how you've never managed to find a combination that works.
    I think the one that featured throughout the qualifiers is as good as we'll get:

Gerrard, Lampard, Barry and a little speedy wasteful right winger (take your pick).

The two in the middle managed to control quite a few of the qualifying games, allowing Gerrard to get forward and link up with Rooney - although we weren't playing against massive opposition, that was still an improvement on the last 15 years!!! Fitness permitting, I expect that midfield to start against the USA.

Quote Originally Posted by manewhut View Post
    ITV 1 on HD is available on Sky HD - seemingly it available in England & Wales but not Scotland because of the fall out between ITV & STV

But see this Link......... on how to add it manually

Apologies if this has already been posted..
    Can ITV1 HD be "added" to a Virgin Media V+ box using a similar method?