hibs.net Messageboard

Thread: 3D Cinema

3D Cinema

I did the whole 3D thing in the cinema last night, Clash of the Titans. Ive read some stuff about how its going to revolutionise cinema after Avatars release being a success. To be honest after the first 5 minutes of novelty the 3D effects started to annoy me, and detracted from the film instead of adding to it.

Thoughts?

2. Log in to remove the advert

I'm not keen on it either. It also encourages awful films to be made with the only 'redeeming feature' being that they've been shot in 3D. Bring back black & white.

The 3D football is even worse than the films though.

@hibs.net private member SRHibs's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Limit Break PSN ID: cyniUK
    I thought it was brilliant when watching Avatar. I've not seen Clash of the Titans, but from what I've read the 3D effects in it are absolutely awful.
    Clash of the Titans wasn't "shot in 3D" btw, it was converted after. It's pretty much meant to be watched in 2D, but they made a 3D version to cash in on the 3D fad.

Left by mutual consent!
    I liked Avatar cos that big, sexy, blue bitch with the tail was within touching distance of boaby...

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: sjmcg1304
    Yep - Clash of the Titans isn't the best judge of 3D "class" to be honest.

The effects in the film weren't brilliant anyway and the conversion to 3D didn't work - you could even see the 3D "basis grid" overlying some of the shots/sequences in Clash of the Titans!

It really does add to some films, though based on my experience thus far, it's much more effective in animation. I've been to some non-animated ones which have been pretty good, but for the most part, it is a little gimmicky at times.
    Madness, as you know, is a lot like gravity. All it takes is a little push.

Quote Originally Posted by Purehibee View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I thought it was brilliant when watching Avatar. I've not seen Clash of the Titans, but from what I've read the 3D effects in it are absolutely awful.
    Clash of the Titans wasn't "shot in 3D" btw, it was converted after. It's pretty much meant to be watched in 2D, but they made a 3D version to cash in on the 3D fad.
    Thats maybe what it was. The fight sequences were impossible to follow because of the 3D, was just a mess of shapes and colours. And driving home my vision had gone a bit haywire, it took a good hour to get back to normal (I had taken my glasses off at this point).

Maybe an unconverted 3D film will allow a better judgement.

3D Cinema

Quote Originally Posted by Chuckie
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I liked Avatar cos that big, sexy, blue bitch with the tail was within touching distance of boaby...
    So wrong but so true!

@hibs.net private member Sean1875's Avatar
    Was hurting my eyes for abit to start with aswell when i went to see avatar, got used to it eventually but abit uncomfortable to begin with.