hibs.net Messageboard

Thread: HTC Desire

HTC Desire

Anyone got this phone. I fancy getting it, I was in every phone shop tonight in the Gyle and most said its better than the iPhone. I fancy using Android rather than 3G. It looks class, only downside is it does not have as much apps as the iPhone but its getting there. It has also has Flash Mode player in it which means I can watch dodgy sites like Iraq Goals or Justin TV on my phone which is the first of its kind.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by CB_NO3 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Anyone got this phone. I fancy getting it, I was in every phone shop tonight in the Gyle and most said its better than the iPhone. I fancy using Android rather than 3G. It looks class, only downside is it does not have as much apps as the iPhone but its getting there. It has also has Flash Mode player in it which means I can watch dodgy sites like Iraq Goals or Justin TV on my phone which is the first of its kind.
    ggtth

@hibs.net private member speedy_gonzales's Avatar
    I fancy using Android rather than 3G.
    What does that mean? I thought 3G was the generation of phone, ie data speed and connection. Android is the operating system, no?

Anyways, a few guys at work have the new HTC phones and are trying to show off to those on the iphones. We're all techies and work in the comms industry so it does get a bit Dwayne Dibley at times! Admittedly, the HTC's seem a touch more powerful and as their not Apple, there will be LOADS of apps soon. However, they don't seem to have the usability of the iphone, nearly any kid could pick up an iphone and start using it right away, the HTC takes a wee while to get used to, in fact, you almost need to read the manual
    Anyways, I'll stick to my SE Xperia, got the original just now, gonna upgrade to the new one once my contract is up in the summer!

---------- Post added at 10:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:59 PM ----------

It has also has Flash Mode player in it which means I can watch dodgy sites like Iraq Goals or Justin TV on my phone which is the first of its kind.
    Aye, there's another thing, my Xperia plays flash through the macromedia plug-in for Opera or IE

3pts away from home - i'm a happy glory hunter. jonty's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: jonty Wii Code: 7580 5998 4272 1376
    I've had the HTC HD2 for a while and wont be giving it up anytime soon

Quote Originally Posted by speedy_gonzales View Post
    What does that mean? I thought 3G was the generation of phone, ie data speed and connection. Android is the operating system, no?

Anyways, a few guys at work have the new HTC phones and are trying to show off to those on the iphones. We're all techies and work in the comms industry so it does get a bit Dwayne Dibley at times! Admittedly, the HTC's seem a touch more powerful and as their not Apple, there will be LOADS of apps soon. However, they don't seem to have the usability of the iphone, nearly any kid could pick up an iphone and start using it right away, the HTC takes a wee while to get used to, in fact, you almost need to read the manual
    Anyways, I'll stick to my SE Xperia, got the original just now, gonna upgrade to the new one once my contract is up in the summer!

---------- Post added at 10:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:59 PM ----------

Aye, there's another thing, my Xperia plays flash through the macromedia plug-in for Opera or IE
    Yeah maybe your right about Android being the OS. I aint the best when it comes to knowing about these things.

@hibs.net private member offshorehibby's Avatar
    I'm allowed an upgrade in May and it's the Desire im going for it looks a cracking phone.
    Android is the O/S used by google
    TOP CASH BACK
    The easy way to make money

First Team Breakthrough aazza91's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: azmo14
    Ive got an older HTC magic from last year. I love it compared too the iphone - contracts up some point this summer so gonna try and get my hands on the Desire for sure! There is still a lot more apps on the iphone but i've found some cracking apps on the android too!

Got my Desire yesterday and it is the bollocks. Every salesman I spoke to yesterday said they would not silly themselves with an iPhone because the Desire is so much better. I had an N95 on 3 and the signal was great, I have now went with T-Mobile and the deal is great but I dont get a signal in my house which is rubbish so am thinking of taking it back. Gutted .

Anyway what apps are good for the Desire?.

Got my Desire yesterday and it is the bollocks. Every salesman I spoke to yesterday said they would not silly themselves with an iPhone because the Desire is so much better. I had an N95 on 3 and the signal was great, I have now went with T-Mobile and the deal is great but I dont get a signal in my house which is rubbish so am thinking of taking it back. Gutted .

Anyway what apps are good for the Desire?.
    I suspect your signal problem is more to do with the fact that T-Mobile are bollocks as opposed to the Desire.

I've got a SE W995, which offers all the functions - media, 8 MP camera, wi-fi etc etc that all these smart phones do, but without the multitide of smart yet relatively useless add-ons (also, I'm a cack handed mong so a touch screen is a no-no for me) that also come with a smart phone.

The more technology there is in a phone, the more there is to go wrong - that's my outlook!!