hibs.net Messageboard

Thread: referee

First Team Regular

referee

thought he had a good game today

2. Log in to remove the advert

Left by mutual consent!
    This board would have gone into meltdown if Brines/Richmond had been there today. I thought the ref had a very good game and only hope he goes from strength to strength.

Well done

Best whistler we've had against the Old Firm for ages.

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: franck sauzee
    I was shouting at him (from my living room!) because he wasn't giving us many free kicks, but then I thought about it and he was much the same with Celtc. I thought he let the game flow relatively well, and he wasn't the centre of attention unlike some of the other refs.

Had to laugh when the third goal went in, because when they showed the replay and it looked like the boy was offside, my 6 year old boy shouted "referee - you ******ing idiot!"

He got a row for it (my son, not the ref) but it was only after I'd composed myself from laughing. God only knows where he's picked that up from!!
    Follow the Hibs podcast, Longbangers, on Twitter (@longbangers)
    https://longbangers.hubwave.net

First Team Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by matty_fairnie View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I was shouting at him (from my living room!) because he wasn't giving us many free kicks, but then I thought about it and he was much the same with Celtc. I thought he let the game flow relatively well, and he wasn't the centre of attention unlike some of the other refs.

Had to laugh when the third goal went in, because when they showed the replay and it looked like the boy was offside, my 6 year old boy shouted "referee - you ******ing idiot!"

He got a row for it (my son, not the ref) but it was only after I'd composed myself from laughing. God only knows where he's picked that up from!!
    kids of today eh , i blame the parents

Stephen was my Mentor at my Referee course, good guy and good ref, hope he makes it to the very top

Left by mutual consent! Hibercelona's Avatar
    If we weren't given a pen, people would be on here saying what an erse he was.

Quote Originally Posted by wee_hibee View Post
    If we weren't given a pen, people would be on here saying what an erse he was.
    And he would've been an erse as his colleague gave a penalty against Stokesy for the same situation a couple of weeks ago.

He gave the penalty, so he wisnae an erse

Should have sent Stokes off tbf

@hibs.net private member givescotlandfreedom's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by zlatan View Post
    Should have sent Stokes off tbf
    What for? I thought the ref wasn't too bad though missed a lot of their defenders bear hugging our attackers througought the game.Also the linesman in the first half seemed to miss a few Celtc offsides and was a lot sharper in the second half. I've not had the benefit of replays though and didn't see a foul for the penalty though Stokes was manhandled in the box in the first half.

Quote Originally Posted by givescotlandfreedom View Post
    What for? I thought the ref wasn't too bad though missed a lot of their defenders bear hugging our attackers througought the game.Also the linesman in the first half seemed to miss a few Celtc offsides and was a lot sharper in the second half. I've not had the benefit of replays though and didn't see a foul for the penalty though Stokes was manhandled in the box in the first half.
    That tackle on N'Guemo was an absolute shocker. Was a very lucky little chap to stay on for it.

@hibs.net private member givescotlandfreedom's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by zlatan View Post
    That tackle on N'Guemo was an absolute shocker. Was a very lucky little chap to stay on for it.
    I thought the ref could've given three clear bookings he didn't for fouls and that was one of them. As I say though I was in the worst away end in the SPL for views and had no replays etc so could be wide of the mark. I laughed at half time when they showed their goal on the screen but were too petty to show ours Maybe they thought if they didn't show it it never happened