hibs.net Messageboard

Maicon's goal against Juve

2. Log in to remove the advert

That was a bit like my effort at 5 aside the other night

Great goal

Left by mutual consent!
    Great goal.

Pity we have no midfielders that come even close to scoring from outside the box. I am not including deeks as a midfielder when I make that comment.

Rankin used to shoot, but rarely attempts one now - his record must only be about one goal from outside the box per season which is not good enough. McBride and Miller rarely shoot from outside the box. Zemamma scored a cracker last season against St. Mirren, but I cannot remember any others.

Going back in time, we have not had many midfielders with a good scoring record from outside the box, except for Latapy and Sauzee.

Why is this? And before anyone says skill / money, you see some cacking goals in the lower leagues in England and Scotland, players who given an opening would try and shoot. Our players rarely do.

First Team Breakthrough
    David Ginola eat your heart out.

Coaching Staff
    Cracking goal but surely the most important talking point is who on earth in Brazil calls their son Douglas Maybe Levein should check the family tree over there............Gaon yirsel Doogie my son (Maicon)

@hibs.net private member Auckland Hibs's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by sunshine1875 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Great goal.

Pity we have no midfielders that come even close to scoring from outside the box. I am not including deeks as a midfielder when I make that comment.

Rankin used to shoot, but rarely attempts one now - his record must only be about one goal from outside the box per season which is not good enough. McBride and Miller rarely shoot from outside the box. Zemamma scored a cracker last season against St. Mirren, but I cannot remember any others.

Going back in time, we have not had many midfielders with a good scoring record from outside the box, except for Latapy and Sauzee.

Why is this? And before anyone says skill / money, you see some cacking goals in the lower leagues in England and Scotland, players who given an opening would try and shoot. Our players rarely do.
    IMO the last regular scoring midfielder we had was Pat McGinley, but most of his goals which I remember were inside the box, plus a few headers.

far too one-footed....

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by sunshine1875 View Post
    Great goal.

So we don't have any midfielders that score from outside the box. Other than the one who has popped in 16 this season.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by rainman View Post
    So we don't have any midfielders that score from outside the box. Other than the one who has popped in 16 this season.
    I said I was not classing Deeks as a midfielder when I made that comment. He is a natural born striker!

Coaching Staff The Green Goblin's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by truehibernian View Post
    Cracking goal but surely the most important talking point is who on earth in Brazil calls their son Douglas Maybe Levein should check the family tree over there............Gaon yirsel Doogie my son (Maicon)
    It`s a very common name here actually. I have no idea why either....

GG

Its scary to think the guy is a right back when he can score goals like that.

Edit-just watched it again,what in gods name is amuari doing charging at him like that.

Bamba eat your heart out.
    Last edited by MWHIBBIES; 17-04-2010 at 04:37 PM.

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: RAFFERTY X
    Fantastic finish, is he not a RB?

My team Chelsea are wanting to buy him apparently. Hope so if he scores like that all the time

CH07

Quote Originally Posted by CallumHibs07 View Post
    My team Chelsea are wanting to buy him apparently. Hope so if he scores like that all the time

CH07
    I'd take Bosingwa on a free if that happens.