hibs.net Messageboard

@hibs.net private member Frazerbob's Avatar

Private Parking Fines

I just got an £80 fine through for parking in a Premier Travel Lodge car park (£50 if I pay it quickly). Anyone know if these are enforcable or can I bin it?

2. Log in to remove the advert

Left by mutual consent!
    I got one about 9 months ago for parking in the NCP car park accross from Dianes Pool Hall..

It was after 8 on a Saturday night so really didn't expect any problems but when I got back to the car a few hours later a nice fine was awaiting me..

Totally bumped it..

Had the usual letters through the door etc (not ONE sent recorded delivery may I add ) and I've heard nothing..

**** them I say!!

There is absolutely no need to pay these tickets. The company will try all sorts of tricks but be assured you do not need to pay.

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: sjmcg1304
    I had one the other, but it was so false that I phoned them and gave them what for.

I had a letter through the post saying I had parked in the car park at McDonalds in Forfar (next to the A90) between 8.27am and 5.19pm.

I was definitely in the car park at those times, but because I had been picking someone up and giving them a lift to Aberdeen, and consequently dropping them off again.

I phoned up and the boy checked the camera from the day - apparently a car had followed me out of the car park in the morning and had obscured my license plate, so I wasn't registered as leaving until after dropping the person off.

Chancing b******s.
    Madness, as you know, is a lot like gravity. All it takes is a little push.

@hibs.net private member woodythehibee's Avatar
    don't pay it!

they are only enforceable by a court and it isn't really going to get to that stage due to cost etc...

a few good comments under this article http://news.scotsman.com/mcdonaldsfa...39s.5562771.jp

Left by mutual consent!
    I had one from parking at the Pleasance (behind the houses), it started at £20 and went to 40 then 50.

I wrote them a letter saying that I'd be willing to pay the £20 but not 50 (as I knew I was in the wrong) and questioned the legitimacy of the fine.

They said that they'd accept £20. I never paid them and they passed to a debt collector, I sent a copy of my letter to the debt collection company when they started chasing me saying that the original company accepted my £20 offer.

Neither of them got back to me after that and I never paid any of them a penny.

Dont phone them, dont write to them, dont reply to any letters you get from them. Completely ignore them.

@hibs.net private member Frazerbob's Avatar
    Seems that the way to go is either completely ignore it or write to them telling them you will not pay as you were not the driver and there was no contract entered into with them. Good info on several sites but this one is talking about Parking Eye, the company that is trying to extract money from me.

http://forums.pepipoo.com/index.php?showtopic=48636

Martin Lewis also give some good advice and letter templates here:

http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/rec...arking-tickets

@hibs.net private member AFKA5814_Hibs's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by frazerbob View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Seems that the way to go is either completely ignore it or write to them telling them you will not pay as you were not the driver and there was no contract entered into with them. Good info on several sites but this one is talking about Parking Eye, the company that is trying to extract money from me.

http://forums.pepipoo.com/index.php?showtopic=48636

Martin Lewis also give some good advice and letter templates here:

http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/rec...arking-tickets
    Lewis gives great advice on these things.

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: GlasMatt PSN ID: mrxblaikiex
    Got one for parking in a Disabled space at Braehead on xmas eve .... In my defence my friends partially sighted and she didn't put up her badge. Got a daft little ticket since my V5 was still in the post I ripped it up and threw it in the bin. The old owner of the car is still trying to add me on bebo mind you!