hibs.net Messageboard

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567
    @hibs.net private member AFKA5814_Hibs's Avatar
    We're more than likely to lose Stokes in the summer, albeit for a good fee, are we all happy to see Hibs losing two strikers who between them are likely to score 40 goals a season?

We were lucky enough to pick up Stokes after getting rid of Fletcher, no chance of replacing 40 goals a season when Stokes and Riordan leave.

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member silverhibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by cabbageandribs1875 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    surely deeks wouldn't do something like that to the club...would he ? quite sad if you see deeks as being a winner if he was to deny the club some kind of transfer fee.
    Who has said that Derek wants to leave the club anyway, maybe the board should get there finger out and start getting him signed up on a new and improved contract.

Quote Originally Posted by Delabooze View Post
    Im guessing Emmajayfox, is a girl, so your point above, is slightly uncalled for?

and inappropriate
    And Emmajayfox comments regarding Derek being stupid is out of order as well, anyway you keep oot of this as yuo are biased when it comes to Deeks.

Quote Originally Posted by silverhibee View Post
    Who has said that Derek wants to leave the club anyway, maybe the board should get there finger out and start getting him signed up on a new and improved contract.
    Amen to that, peach of a goal again this weekend.

Quote Originally Posted by Westie1875 View Post
    Completely agree, some of the personal abuse aimed at Riordan by Hibs fans is astonishing at times.

We could never afford to replace his goals and assists, he is only at Hibs because of his faults, if he was the full package he'd be nowhere near us.
    Agree.

Quote Originally Posted by Westie1875 View Post
    Amen to that, peach of a goal again this weekend.
    A cracker. :notworthy:

First Team Breakthrough emmjayfox's Avatar
    And Emmajayfox comments regarding Derek being stupid is out of order as well, anyway you keep oot of this as yuo are biased when it comes to Deeks.
    well hes no the brightest thats for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by emmjayfox View Post
    well hes no the brightest thats for sure.
    Take it you have spent time in his company then to come away with that statement.

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: franck sauzee
    It would be good to see the stats on how much distance Derek has covered over the season on the pitch, i think a lot off people would be surpised to see how much hard work Derek has put in this season for the team.

This claim that Deek doesn't work hard is a total myth IMHO.Every game I've seen him this season he's tried as hard as anyone else.
    Follow the Hibs podcast, Longbangers, on Twitter (@longbangers)
    https://longbangers.hubwave.net

First Team Breakthrough YetholmHibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by matty_fairnie View Post

This claim that Deek doesn't work hard is a total myth IMHO.Every game I've seen him this season he's tried as hard as anyone else.

. . . . to the half way line!

I would like to seat next to you & all Riordan lovers & point out when he does not track back . . . . it's like selective moments!

Who said that.
    are you derek riordan by any chance?

@hibs.net private member
    Sorry for not replying sooner, Dereks form this season has been up and down, like most of the players in the team over the season, at the start Derek looked like he was going to have a great season, POTM award and called up to the Scotland squad and playing in left midfield he was doing great i would say up until the game at Ibrox where he was dropped for that game, since then his form has been up and down, maybe by this time Derek was starting to find the left midfield position a lot harder to do, since he is not used to this position, but i still feel that over all Derek has done okay.
    As for Derek being at Hibs next season, i dont see why not, wee keep hearing from Yogi that the fans will have to trust him regarding players or fans favourite's moving on from Hibs, Yogi took a wee gamble playing Derek LM but i think it has paid of for the both of them, 17 goals eight assists so far for Derek this season and its not over yet, i am sure Yogi will be delighted with this as well, maybe Yogi's thinking, well if thats what i got from Deeks in my first season then more hard work from Derek and next season will be even better for him, just a thought worth pondering if Yogi is thinking like that.
    Now if Hibs were to try to sell Derek this summer how much would the club look for him, i dont know, but to find a replacment who is going to work harder than Derek and also weigh in in with 15 plus goals and 10 assists from LM over the season will cost Hibs millions to get that kind of player, look at Aiden McGeady, works very hard for his team, but his final ball is most of the time woeful, maybe 6 goals and 8 assists for this season and Celtic are looking for about 6 million for him, Crazy eh.
    So i really hope that Derek Riordan is a Hibs player next season and he gets to be up there with the past legends who have played for Hibs F.C. and scored over 100 goals for the club. It would be a great honour for him, and brillant for the Hibs fans to see a modern day footballer who has played for Hibs and scored over 100 goals for the club as well. I know i would be delighted.
    McGeady is actually second in the table for the amount of assists in the SPL this season with 11. Riordan does not feature on this table so has less than 4 assists this season. Riordan gets goals yes, but when he doesnt get goals he is not effective, in fact the goals he gets are largely down to him only, freekicks, long range efforts etc. This is the problem with him IMO, he doesnt seem to play as part of the team, very rarely will you see him being part of a move towards goal that will end up in the net or close. IMO, I think we should keep him, but LM is a crazy position for him because he does not link well, he likes to get the ball and shoot.

Incidentally, no hibs player is on the league table for assists this season which means no hibs player has more than 4 assists in the SPL, which to me, shows that the team is not linking up well. For anyone insterested in the assists this season its here: - http://www.scotprem.com/content/defa...ome_statistics

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: franck sauzee
    Quote Originally Posted by YetholmHibee View Post

. . . . to the half way line!

I would like to seat next to you & all Riordan lovers & point out when he does not track back . . . . it's like selective moments!
    Nonsense.
    Follow the Hibs podcast, Longbangers, on Twitter (@longbangers)
    https://longbangers.hubwave.net

@hibs.net private member Alfred E Newman's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by hibs13681 View Post
    McGeady is actually second in the table for the amount of assists in the SPL this season with 11. Riordan does not feature on this table so has less than 4 assists this season. Riordan gets goals yes, but when he doesnt get goals he is not effective, in fact the goals he gets are largely down to him only, freekicks, long range efforts etc. This is the problem with him IMO, he doesnt seem to play as part of the team, very rarely will you see him being part of a move towards goal that will end up in the net or close. IMO, I think we should keep him, but LM is a crazy position for him because he does not link well, he likes to get the ball and shoot.

Incidentally, no hibs player is on the league table for assists this season which means no hibs player has more than 4 assists in the SPL, which to me, shows that the team is not linking up well. For anyone insterested in the assists this season its here: - http://www.scotprem.com/content/defa...ome_statistics
    If Riordan could run about like McGeady as well as being such a prolific goalscorer, he would not be playing for us. He would be plying his trade in the Premiership.It is amazing that we can be critical of someone who has contributed 14 goals this season despite his manager expecting him to more or less play as a wingback, when at the same time we have a defence with more holes in it than a string vest.

@hibs.net private member aljo7-0's Avatar
    Deeks can't win with a lot of fans in the position he is playing. we all assume that he will score 20 plus goals a season and it looks as if he might just get that this year despite playing in midfield for most of it. He does a lot of tracking back and covering runs. I would be very interested to see what sort of distance he covers in a game - a lot I would guess. He isn't the best tackler in the world but the tracking back definitely helps the team and I don't think he gets the credit for this that he should. Equally if he tracks back and we then break away quickly it's difficult for him to be in a perfect position to score (which is the primary role we all think of him being in). He is probably scoring less goals than he would as an out and out striker - he gets pelters. He is nlot making the goal saving tackles that fans would remember (despite a pile of work tracking runs etc) - he gets pelters. I used to really envy him as he was living my dream and getting paid handsomely for it but having to put up with some of the c**p thrown at him - no thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by YetholmHibee View Post

1) he should not have to be tracking back to left back - he should be front 2 with Stokes
    2) He's scored 15 goals stuck out left, and works as hard as anyone else.
    3) "Riordan lovers", as opposed to "Riordan haters"?

Best finisher I've seen at ER in 30+ years of going, going to be driven out, crazy

@hibs.net private member BroxburnHibee's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: CoolHibeesdaft PSN ID: Hibeesdaft
    Quote Originally Posted by Sumner View Post
    1) he should not have to be tracking back to left back - he should be front 2 with Stokes
    2) He's scored 15 goals stuck out left, and works as hard as anyone else.
    3) "Riordan lovers", as opposed to "Riordan haters"?

Best finisher I've seen at ER in 30+ years of going, going to be driven out, crazy

And it will be exactly the same as last time he left - all ****** moaning about our lack of goals.

Football Manager games have got a lot to answer for
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, vodka in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming, "WOO HOO what a ride!"