hibs.net Messageboard

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Left by mutual consent! PaulSmith's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by hibsbollah View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    True. However, Hamilton employ a dedicated head groundsman, whos job it is to keep the turf in good condition. We got rid of our groundsman and instead we now have 'landscape consultants' to stick a fork into it occasionally at halftime on matchdays. Coincidence?
    I'm pretty sure that you know and I know that current company will do a whole lot more than what you see on match days.

Pitch will be fine between now and the end of the season then we'll get a new one in the summer...even less excuses for some of our few un-fit, lazy, overpaid players to use.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by truehibernian View Post
    Riordan's goals are of course always welcome, but his overall form this season has been very poor and he is certainly not a team player when the chips are down. Yes, he is played out of position, but his attitude sums up the general attitude of the squad at present. He won't be at Hibs next season IMO and to be brutally honest, that does not concern me in the slightest. A cracking wage is freed up for someone with more work ethic and teamwork, with a professional attitude. It's a real shame, because Derek has all the talent in his feet, just insn't prepared to fight.
    Yes yes, lets get rid of Deek and bring in another John Rankin, we won't miss him at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Peevemor® View Post
    The club confirmed at the recent fan consultation groups that there is a problem with "black layer", which is to be addressed during the close season.

http://www.gcsaa.org/gcm/2001/dec01/12blacklayer.html
    So, having the sprinklers on to slick up the passing surface, was probably not a good idea after wet spells. Yogi's fault.

Left by mutual consent! Peevemor's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by sahib View Post
    So, having the sprinklers on to slick up the passing surface, was probably not a good idea after wet spells. Yogi's fault.
    Groundsman's fault for doing it.

Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by Westie1875 View Post
    Yes yes, lets get rid of Deek and bring in another John Rankin, we won't miss him at all.
    Cannot even compare the two to be honest......maybe getting an Ivan Sproule type back to the club, or someone of that ilk. Certainly don't want the team made up of "John Rankins", but tell you what, if Derek had Rankins work ethic and dedication on and off the pitch, we would have a multi million pound player bud. Sadly, we have a real talented player who is badly off form. I don't take any pleasure in knocking Riordan, but the team will be better off without him for a variety of reasons, Again, only an opinion......he will have plenty fans who have a different opinion to mine .

Cannot even compare the two to be honest......maybe getting an Ivan Sproule type back to the club, or someone of that ilk. Certainly don't want the team made up of "John Rankins", but tell you what, if Derek had Rankins work ethic and dedication on and off the pitch, we would have a multi million pound player bud. Sadly, we have a real talented player who is badly off form. I don't take any pleasure in knocking Riordan, but the team will be better off without him for a variety of reasons, Again, only an opinion......he will have plenty fans who have a different opinion to mine .
    We wouldn't, someone else would. No way he'd be back at Hibs if that were the case.

Left by mutual consent!
    So, having the sprinklers on to slick up the passing surface, was probably not a good idea after wet spells.

as if it's not bad enough that was against Irvine Meadow ...

Coaching Staff
    Not really wanting this to turn into a Riordan debate bud, but Mowbray (especially Venus as well), Strachan, Levein and other managers have all commented on, both to the media and behind closed doors, about his poor work rate and his overall attitude at times. No one however questions his talent at hitting the target and set pieces. He is very like Boyd in that respect. If Derek coupled the talent with fitness and desire, he would be a wonderful player. In truth, he isn't......he is just a good player who comes up with a great goal now and again. He has been played in the wrong position all season admittedly, but that still doesn't mean you lose the ball as often as he does (with his ability), or drifts very annoyingly in and out a game. His desire to win and be the best needs to improve 100% IMHO. And John Rankin is someone I won't miss either, so we are in agreement about him

@hibs.net private member sleeping giant's Avatar
    Here Deek ! I'm no happy either

Shut yer puss and get on with trying to win a match or two !!
    No Eternal Reward Shall Forgive Us Now For Wasting The Dawn

Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by sleeping giant View Post
    Here Deek ! I'm no happy either

Shut yer puss and get on with trying to win a match or two !!

best post so far and nicely put

Left by mutual consent!
    He is very like Boyd in that respect

..difference being Boyd is played in the correct position and the media aren't looking to hang him out to dry every time he farts.

Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by Toaods View Post
    ..difference being Boyd is played in the correct position and the media aren't looking to hang him out to dry every time he farts.
    True Toaods.............Boyd also has the pace of Miller, Novo, Naismith, Beasley, etc. Hibs have zero, and I mean zero, pace up top and next to no real workrate. Derek has no pace, Nish has even less pace, and only Stokes looks like he can beat the last man on a standing start. Riordan for me has had a poor season form wise. It's more than just being played on left midfield. Again, just my opinion when I am watching him and his body language at games. Very very rarely have I seen him truly up for games this year. The nearest he got recently was first 20 minutes v Utd in the 4-2 defeat. We need that level of performance for at least 70-80 mins though.

Left by mutual consent!
    True Toaods.............Boyd also has the pace of Miller, Novo, Naismith, Beasley, etc. Hibs have zero, and I mean zero, pace up top and next to no real workrate. Derek has no pace, Nish has even less pace, and only Stokes looks like he can beat the last man on a standing start. Riordan for me has had a poor season form wise. It's more than just being played on left midfield. Again, just my opinion when I am watching him and his body language at games. Very very rarely have I seen him truly up for games this year. The nearest he got recently was first 20 minutes v Utd in the 4-2 defeat. We need that level of performance for at least 70-80 mins though.

I think he is spending too much time trying to muster all this effort he keeps getting sniped at for.

I'd rather he was just allowed to freeflow so to speak and do what comes naturally. The workhorses around such talents need to appreciate they graft and the talent wins games.

The problem is the workhorses aren't tough enough to dominate a match against almost any level of opposition as we have seen this year....and before folk jump on the bandwagon, yes we overcame Irvine Meadow but what a flaming toil it was.

Won't be surprised to see him dropped for this weekend, although that wouldn;t be my preference.

First Team Regular
    The pitch has been getting worse as season's go on.

Quote Originally Posted by Tyler Durden View Post
    So you're saying people should not assume the fine only relates to his comments about the pitch?

And you then assume that there is more to the fine that simply these comments. Nice one.
    What???

Sadly, we have a real talented player who is badly off form.
    Surely it's better that we try and get the real talented player back ON form rather than just punting him on then?

Quote Originally Posted by GreenPJ View Post
    What???
    You admonish other posters for jumping to conclusions based on the newspaper story.

But it's fine for you to assume that your take on events is 100% correct when you're no better informed than they are.

You're a hypocrite, is that simple enough?

Quote Originally Posted by Tyler Durden View Post
    You admonish other posters for jumping to conclusions based on the newspaper story.

But it's fine for you to assume that your take on events is 100% correct when you're no better informed than they are.

You're a hypocrite, is that simple enough?
    Firstly re-read your initial post to me and tell me it makes sense.

Secondly I am speculating like everyone else on the messageboard and admit it by saying "assuming". No one, including the newspaper knows the full facts and so they are commenting on what may or may not be the case, that is what happens on messageboards.

Deeks could be the reason there's so much unrest at Hibs? I wonder??

@hibs.net private member staunchhibby's Avatar
    Now that the players are being fined for critising the pitch.I wonder what Petrie has in store for the fans who are on about the pitch also

Quote Originally Posted by staunchhibby View Post
    Now that the players are being fined for critising the pitch.I wonder what Petrie has in store for the fans who are on about the pitch also
    To be fair, nobody would have noticed the state of the pitch, if Riordan hadn't commented out of turn.
    You can't blame Petrie for being annoyed.

Promising Youngster
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Daynebor19
    To be fair, nobody would have noticed the state of the pitch, if Riordan hadn't commented out of turn.
    You can't blame Petrie for being annoyed.
    People were commenting on the state of our pitch well before Riordan did.

Quote Originally Posted by down the slope View Post
    It seems Deeks remarks about the pitch did not go down to well.
    http://www.express.co.uk/posts/view/...over-club-fine
    maybe all this is just the tip of the iceberg??

Quote Originally Posted by Golden Bear View Post
    I suspect that Deek's criticism of the pitch may not have been the only reason why he was fined.

Matbe the totting up procedure also comes in to play with regard to club discipline.

Perhaps.

yep,il`go with this as well.

wont be surprised if he goes in the summer.

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: RAFFERTY X
    Quote Originally Posted by staunchhibby View Post
    He did call us 'faceless wonders'.

Quote Originally Posted by seanraff07 View Post
    He did call us 'faceless wonders'.
    Was that not Yogi? I'm sure Petrie called me a tacheless wonder but I can accept that coming from him.

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: RAFFERTY X
    Quote Originally Posted by Bourne Yesterday View Post
    Was that not Yogi? I'm sure Petrie called me a tacheless wonder but I can accept that coming from him.
    Yep that's what i meant, never noticed yous were talking about Petrie there.

@hibs.net private member The Modfather's Avatar
    Why do folk keep harping on about Riordans set pieces, they are spectacular when they come off, but how many corners does he take that don't even beat the first man

I wouldn't be gutted to see him leave. Maybe this time we can get some money for him seeing as he's under contract and can't weasel a move to Celtic after his 24th birthday in order to shaft us for a fee and line his own pockets in the process.

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: HFC Owain
    I have just lost interest the pitch could be bad but that does not matter what does matter is not one player seems to give a flying **** about what happens on the pitch so they can moan all they like the truth is since the new year not one of them deserve their wage. Now pull you finger out boys and be proud to play for the Green and White of Hibs because am sure as hell would be. You are taking the piss now sort it out or all GTF!

Quote Originally Posted by down the slope View Post
    It seems Deeks remarks about the pitch did not go down to well.
    http://www.express.co.uk/posts/view/...over-club-fine

When his deeks ever happy