Come back J.C. you were right.

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member Jamesie's Avatar
    Collins in + wasters out = success

Testimonial Due Booked4Being-Ugly's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jamesie View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Collins in + wasters out = success
    Yeah, bring back Clayton Donaldson as well!

@hibs.net private member KinchHibee's Avatar
    The way Collins wanted us to train and play and just in general his idea of life as a footballer is lightyears of where Scottish football is right now.

Plus his signings were gash

I miss JC

Quote Originally Posted by weeonly162 View Post
    Fair dos but remember, he was working with a very different cloth to that available to Hughes.

he could really spot a player. Fingers crossed he brings back Alan O'brien too!

cos of course none of the players that yogi has brought in have done anything, or raised the standard of player on show...

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: franck sauzee
    That John Collins was right is exactly the reason we need to stick by Yogi and let him get in about this club.

Replacing the manager tells the players (who JC saw as the problem) that they can carry on in the same way as much as they like, manager after manager after manager.
    Follow the Hibs podcast, Longbangers, on Twitter (@longbangers)
    https://longbangers.hubwave.net

Quote Originally Posted by matty_fairnie View Post
    That John Collins was right is exactly the reason we need to stick by Yogi and let him get in about this club.

Replacing the manager tells the players (who JC saw as the problem) that they can carry on in the same way as much as they like, manager after manager after manager.
    The squad revolted against Collins because they objected to his training, fitness and lifestyle regimes.

JC was right. However that doesn't relate to Yogi unless he too is trying to crack down on these attitudes at the club, if anything it looks like Yogi is the opposite of Collins; where he was too distant from the squad, Hughes seems to be too close.

JC was pish

When is he going to start then Matty?

Quote Originally Posted by Bairn View Post
    The way Collins wanted us to train and play and just in general his idea of life as a footballer is lightyears of where Scottish football is right now.

Aye mibbes, but it shouldn't be

Plus his signings were gash
    I think JC would be better second time around. Doubt he would be interested tho.

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by Jamesie View Post
    When is he going to start then Matty?
    He's got to get this pre-season, IMHO.

So far he's come in part way through a pre-season, and has given the squad the chance to prove themselves.

He tried to get better players in through the Jan window but wasn't able to, and rather than buying for the sake of buying, has stuck out til he can get who he wants to get.

This pre-season will make or break Yogi, but he HAS to be given it, IMHO.

@hibs.net private member sleeping giant's Avatar

So far he's come in part way through a pre-season, and has given the squad the chance to prove themselves.

He tried to get better players in through the Jan window but wasn't able to, and rather than buying for the sake of buying, has stuck out til he can get who he wants to get.

Spot on IMO.

I'm as pissed off as everyone else but i agree 100% with that post .
    No Eternal Reward Shall Forgive Us Now For Wasting The Dawn

Why must he be given to pre season?

He's lucky he has got this far! Do you think any manager worth their salt would have deeks in midfield with nish up front? Deeks workrate is laughable, I hve watched him as long as you have and i bet neither of us have seen him dribble past a man or put in a great sliding tackle. He is not a midfielder, he is a wonderful striker!

Yogi is a ****ing fool. I was willing to give him time. I have tried to back him. I have hoped over and over again that he would get it right but he is a total clown.

If we were playing well but being kicked off the ball and losing games in the way we were under mowbray I'd be willing to give him time to get it right but we have a team that look dissinterested and unwilling to play together. I honestly believe a few of them hate each other.

They cannot even do the basics.

DUFC have average players but are really good as a unit. Motherwell are the same. Hearts will catch us if he doesn't sort it out!

I reckon we should give him a fortnight, if there is no wins, he can do the noble thing and fall on his sword!

thing is that Yogi and JC both have the same problem don't they? okay one put more onus on fitness and maturity but neither has had it from the players.

JC had buttons to spend and won a cup

Yogi got money to spend and ****ed it up

It is more fair to compare yogi with mixu. Both were ex players making the step up. Both had a few pennies to spend. Both had their ups and downs. Both had the fans calling for their heads for under achieving! Come to think about it, I don't remember getting humiliated by hamilton or st johnstone under anyone else apart from yogi!

We should have some standards. Yogi has fallen short of any standards I'd set for my club!

You know as well as I do that once certain sections of our support withdraw their backing there is no coming back from that. Supposing the big man signs a few quality players in close season and has Hibs playing good come the start of next season there will always be people waiting in the wings quietly till the team has a wobble to shoot them down. My hope is there is enough rational people within the Hibs support that stick with it.

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by col02 View Post
    You know as well as I do that once certain sections of our support withdraw their backing there is no coming back from that. Supposing the big man signs a few quality players in close season and has Hibs playing good come the start of next season there will always be people waiting in the wings quietly till the team has a wobble to shoot them down. My hope is there is enough rational people within the Hibs support that stick with it.
    There are folk who post on here that have had the knives out for Yogi the first opportunity they had, so if Yogi's not got it sorted by the start of next season then he'll be in for a very tough time.

That said, it's his team from next season, IMHO. He'll have had time to assess, coach, and replace the players in the squad that each applies to, and so he'll live or die by how it goes next season.

What if he wastes our budget on tripe and continues in this dire run of form?

The new manager then has to pick up the pieces and then wheel and deal in the january window.

Na, give him two games. If he can win against the huns or yams and show for the rest of the season he has the skill to get the best out of his players and the ability to get them challenging with the best in this league, then he can get another chance! If he cannot get us playing then he has to admit he has failed. He does not have the excuses of other managers who were not backed by the board.

Personally, I'm fed up, I have a season ticket but never went to the last two home games because other things came up that seemed more importatnt. I'll probably miss the huns game and go to the hearts game if it is on the saturday!
    That is how I feel about the team now. I am fed up, apathetic, bored, dissinterested, and a wee bit annoyed by yogi and the team!

who cares about jc or anyother ex managers and wud it be better if they were here or if they were right or not! Remember collins walked out on hibs when the going got tough and wasnt going his way! Lets worry about how yogi is going to turn it around!

JC walked out because he was ordered to sell ****ing millions of pounds worth of players and was not allowed to bring in a cheap replacement!

JC done more in 6 months than many managers have done in years at easter road.

Why talk about how yogi is going to change it? Fans have been highlighting his failings for months but the stubborn one chooses to do it his way. Fair enough, he is entitled to do it his way but if it goes wrong, like it has done, he has to take responsibility for his stubborness!

time for a change

Put it this way. We will have a new stand to fill. We will have targets for season ticket sales. If we are offered this dross week in week out, there will be very few renewing their tickets!

That is what will decide yogis future!

People here are naturally comparing the present manager with ones who have gone before him in a bid to determine how he has faired!

Quote Originally Posted by sixtwo View Post
    Why must he be given to pre season?

He's lucky he has got this far! Do you think any manager worth their salt would have deeks in midfield with nish up front? Deeks workrate is laughable, I hve watched him as long as you have and i bet neither of us have seen him dribble past a man or put in a great sliding tackle. He is not a midfielder, he is a wonderful striker!

Yogi is a ****ing fool. I was willing to give him time. I have tried to back him. I have hoped over and over again that he would get it right but he is a total clown.

If we were playing well but being kicked off the ball and losing games in the way we were under mowbray I'd be willing to give him time to get it right but we have a team that look dissinterested and unwilling to play together. I honestly believe a few of them hate each other.

They cannot even do the basics.

DUFC have average players but are really good as a unit. Motherwell are the same. Hearts will catch us if he doesn't sort it out!

I reckon we should give him a fortnight, if there is no wins, he can do the noble thing and fall on his sword!

Can I just stop this pish right here.... That wonderful striker did not get a kick at the ball when played as a striker for the last 30 minutes against St Mirren at Easter Road earlier in the season. St Mirren.... a couple of big huddy centre backs who brushed Deeks off the ball without a second thought. If you want to play Deek up front you would need an O'Connor or a Killen to partner him. Stokes and Nish are not those types of players.

In that case drop him?

I don't disagree that he was poor in that game but is it correct to judge him on 30 mins?

How many goals has deeks got for hibs?

He is a bawhair away from being a legend for this club. He gets goals. Play him up front. It is not ****ing rocket science!

Why play him in midfield? It wastes a place in midfield. He is not a midfielder. Would you be happy to see him played at right back? It's the same thing. I's a total waste. He is like a fish out of water and our midfield has to play like we have had a man sent off!

It is a ****ing shambles.

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

In that case drop him?

I don't disagree that he was poor in that game but is it correct to judge him on 30 mins?

He is a bawhair away from being a legend for this club. He gets goals. Play him up front. It is not ****ing rocket science!

Why play him in midfield? It wastes a place in midfield. He is not a midfielder. Would you be happy to see him played at right back? It's the same thing. I's a total waste. He is like a fish out of water and our midfield has to play like we have had a man sent off!

FWIW, I hate seeing Deek in midfield, because I think that he offers very little in that position other than his goals (which is quite a lot to be dismissive off, given the sheer number of them that he's scored this season).

I think having Deek at left mid upsets the balance of the team, it gives the two central midfielders too much to do, and leaves the left back with a lot to do.

That said, what's the alternative? I can understand why Yogi plays Deek there because while he's not the most effective midfielder in the world, he'll get you goals.

Yogi's alternative is to play another ineffective midfielder there and do without the goals.

In that case drop him?

The answer is to allow Yogi the Summer transfer window to bring in what he needs to allow his best assets to play to their potential.

Quote Originally Posted by pepe View Post
    Come back J.C. you were right.
    Collins wanted to make the land of Chick Charnley, Andy Ritchie, Ally McLeod and Derek Riordan into a place where everyone crossed themselves, kissed mama, and went to bed at nine o' clock every night, watching the Med sunset.

He then threw the toys out the pram because he couldn't single-handedly change centuries of a nation's culture in ten minutes.

Hughes wants to go to exactly the same destination as JC, but I think he knows its a rocky road to get to that destination and you have to box clever. I believe come summer we shall see the ruthless side of Hughes emerge and there will be a massive clear out, and many of us will get a shock as to who actually leaves.

All this 'arm round the shoulder' stuff will go. Those who underestimated Yogi as a joker, a buffoon, will get a big fright when they contemplate life at Dunfermline, Raith Rovers and Airdrie, en route for East Fife, Stirling Albion and Annan Athletic, en route for the dole and a lifetime of drunken befuddlement in the less salubrious bars of Leith Walk.

If it's them or him, and the players seem to have made it into a contest, and there will only be one winner. If they think otherwise, they are absolutely deluding themselves. John Hughes can't come out and slag them off while we're in contention for Europe - that would really be the playing to the gallery some fans wrongly accuse him of- but they will be down the road in the summer. Everything about Hughes as a player and manager has shown that underestimating him is absolute folly.

They should enjoy the George Street sessions while they last, because some of them will soon be in the Walk, boring other jakeys with 'what might have been' tales. Anybody who thinks that will also be Yogi's fate is way, way wide of the mark. Whatever he says in public, the players have let him down badly, and they will pay the price.

Quote Originally Posted by Dashing Bob S View Post
    Collins wanted to make the land of Chick Charnley, Andy Ritchie, Ally McLeod and Derek Riordan into a place where everyone crossed themselves, kissed mama, and went to bed at nine o' clock every night, watching the Med sunset.

He then threw the toys out the pram because he couldn't single-handedly change centuries of a nation's culture in ten minutes.

Hughes wants to go to exactly the same destination as JC, but I think he knows its a rocky road to get to that destination and you have to box clever. I believe come summer we shall see the ruthless side of Hughes emerge and there will be a massive clear out, and many of us will get a shock as to who actually leaves.

All this 'arm round the shoulder' stuff will go. Those who underestimated Yogi as a joker, a buffoon, will get a big fright when they contemplate life at Dunfermline, Raith Rovers and Airdrie, en route for East Fife, Stirling Albion and Annan Athletic, en route for the dole and a lifetime of drunken befuddlement in the less salubrious bars of Leith Walk.

If it's them or him, and the players seem to have made it into a contest, and there will only be one winner. If they think otherwise, they are absolutely deluding themselves. John Hughes can't come out and slag them off while we're in contention for Europe - that would really be the playing to the gallery some fans wrongly accuse him of- but they will be down the road in the summer. Everything about Hughes as a player and manager has shown that underestimating him is absolute folly.

They should enjoy the George Street sessions while they last, because some of them will soon be in the Walk, boring other jakeys with 'what might have been' tales. Anybody who thinks that will also be Yogi's fate is way, way wide of the mark. Whatever he says in public, the players have let him down badly, and they will pay the price.
    I concur.

@hibs.net private member
    Was that deal not done and dusted by Mowbray?

Left by mutual consent!
    And Patrick Noubissie, Thierry Gathuessi, Brian Kerr, Abdel Zarabi, Alan O'brien, Thomas showunmi, Filipe Morais and Maka.. Oh wait he's still here..

Plus, if JC was back Wotherspoon will have been a seasoned centre half by now..