hibs.net Messageboard

@hibs.net private member .Sean.'s Avatar

The Wickerman Festival

Anybody attended before? Contemplating it, decent line-up with Ocean Colour Scene, The Futureheads and The Undertones all playing and it's only £90 for the weekend, so it sounds like a plan. Who's been before and what was it like?

2. Log in to remove the advert

Its a good festival, much more chilled out compared to your Rockness, T in the Park etc. The festival area is huge and there is plenty places to chill out. Its also easy to sneak bevy into the arena area which saves a few bob.

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Hibees62
    Used to do titp until last year and gave Wickerman a shot ..brilliant nae neds festival. Doesn't get bands like kol killers etc but last year uk subs, bad manners, dickies etc fantastic. Only one complaint, pear cider and no normal stuff might change this year as a few have ranted on skiddle forum

@hibs.net private member .Sean.'s Avatar
    It looks like i'm heading to both RockNess and The Wickerman. What have recent crowds been like, number-wise?

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Hibees62
    I think the capacity for Wickerman is about 20000 but i believe the crowd has been around 10/12000 you can walk from the scooter tent to summerisle main stage in a minute or just stay in the scooter tent all day. The Saturday is busier than the Friday.
    We headed down on the Thursday last year and really enjoyed it. Had vip tickets and had free showers but the vip tickets not available to purchase this year so 6 quid for showers is well worth it.

First Team Breakthrough
    I am much more of a five star hotel kind of girl so I was very apprehensive about going a few years ago. However it was brilliant. As stated above, not much sign of any neds. Very laid back and chilled out.
    Definitely worth a visit.