hibs.net Messageboard

A touch of Frost

Tonight was the last ever episode of this absolutely immense crime series. I loved the Frost character, which David Jason played to absolute perfection. The supporting cast was great as well. Whilst I like CSI style American crime dramas with their laser beams, insane technology and stylish leads, they are not a patch on DCI Jack Frost, his old coat, hat, 'tache and old school police work and "direct" manners with the criminals unlucky enough to cross him.

Really well done last double part-er, with a typically bittersweet ending - absolutely gutting and happy within about 2 minutes.

Anyone else love A touch of Frost?? - I've been watching it for well over a decade, and it's been on since 1992, so I guess it must be pretty popular.

Its dissappearance now means that there is LITERALLY nothing worth watching on STV!!

David Jason = a legend of British screen

2. Log in to remove the advert

Inspector Morse is much better, and moreover would out-sleuth him and beat him in a fight

Quote Originally Posted by lyonhibs View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Tonight was the last ever episode of this absolutely immense crime series. I loved the Frost character, which David Jason played to absolute perfection. The supporting cast was great as well. Whilst I like CSI style American crime dramas with their laser beams, insane technology and stylish leads, they are not a patch on DCI Jack Frost, his old coat, hat, 'tache and old school police work and "direct" manners with the criminals unlucky enough to cross him.

Really well done last double part-er, with a typically bittersweet ending - absolutely gutting and happy within about 2 minutes.

Anyone else love A touch of Frost?? - I've been watching it for well over a decade, and it's been on since 1992, so I guess it must be pretty popular.

Its dissappearance now means that there is LITERALLY nothing worth watching on STV!!

David Jason = a legend of British screen

Yea, Frost was braw

Didn't expect last nights ending tho, have to watch the other one on ITV Player

Blog Entries
    Good as the complete series has been over the years, the last one was a bit laboured and disappointingly dragged out. I still think, however, that David Jason deserves a knighthood for his services to TV drama and comedy.