hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    First Team Breakthrough Cuiky_Hibby's Avatar

relationships at work

Right folks looking for some knowledge

My friend(no names)is having a spot of bother at work, now his girlfriend has moved to work at a new store and having a hard time of it trying to train to get a promotion, my mate in question is doing the same thing so obviously not seeing much of eachother at the moment only when they can.
    Now this where it gets complicated, one of the managers has been sending suggestive texts to his girlfriend about trying to get with her, obviously he is raging and apart from tryin to calm the guy down and tell him not to knock ten bells out the manager, i was wondering if theres any rules around the workplace about managers trying it on with staff knowing they are involved, he also knows that the manager in question has a bit of a coke habit and his girlfriend is sayin she wants space and the rumours from her work is that he is pumpin her.

So any moral responsibilty for gaffers wi the position thet are in?

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member Speedy's Avatar
    I'd imagine some companies will have policies on it and some won't but I don't think managers pumping their staff is ever a great idea.

The best thing might be for your mate to have a quiet word with the guy about the texts basically to let him know that he is aware of what is going on.

Quote Originally Posted by deano88 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I'd imagine some companies will have policies on it and some won't but I don't think managers pumping their staff is ever a great idea.

The best thing might be for your mate to have a quiet word with the guy about the texts basically to let him know that he is aware of what is going on.
    i dont think he is capable of a quiet word tbh but i think he just wants something done about it, i can see where he coming from because id be pretty raging as well

Its like a jeremy kyle show

Removed
    Left by mutual consent!
    Sexual harrasment at work. The girl should report her manager to his manager. Your mate should stay out of it imo.

Quote Originally Posted by 65bd View Post
    Sexual harrasment at work. The girl should report her manager to his manager. Your mate should stay out of it imo.
    aye but the thing is she hasnt exactly told him to do one so i dunno if that comes under harrasment

First Team Regular Leicester Fan's Avatar
    This is good advice.

Removed
    Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Cuiky_Hibby View Post
    aye but the thing is she hasnt exactly told him to do one so i dunno if that comes under harrasment
    Why not? Did she give the guy her personal mobile number?

If I was your mate I'd be having a quiet word with the bird before the manager then.

Why not? Did she give the guy her personal mobile number?

If I was your mate I'd be having a quiet word with the bird before the manager then.
    well aye told him just to ditch her because she is taking the mickey out him and but can you really talk sense to a heartbroken guy its a nightmare

Left by mutual consent!
    Get the boss on a night out.. Get him leathered til he passes out, shave his head, then tattoo a swastika on his forehead...

Women don't like that look..

Left by mutual consent!
    Gamer IDs

Wii Code: 666
    Can I just confirm I've got this right as your first post is a bit all over the place?

Your 'friend' has a girlfriend who both worked in the same store but are now working in separate stores. They are both working hard to gain promotions and not seeing much of each other. Your friend has found out (through his girlfriend, I assume?) that her manager has been sending her suggestive texts. His girlfriend is now asking for space and there are rumours flying round work that she is pumping her boss?

If the above is correct, I would say that the girlfriend is looking for fast-track promotion via sexual favours and your friend should bin her pronto!

Right, who's next for some agony aunt advice?

Left by mutual consent!
    Just nut yer birds boss mate

Left by mutual consent!
    You need to do something to stop the girlfriend wanting the coke head manager...
    Nothing too savage, something subtle, perhaps starting a rumour he has aids, or is on the child sex offenders register..
    Women don't like that..

I like to think of myself as the next Jeremy Kyle so I'll chuck in my two cents....

He should get the girlfriend tae ****. If she's not done anything about the texts and "wants space" she is quite clearly a) loving the attention, and b) No doubt getting pumped senseless by the manager.

Get him to dump her, get him out on the pull, and he'll be as happy as Larry before you know it

My friend(no names)is having a spot of bother at work, now his girlfriend has moved to work at a new store and having a hard time of it trying to train to get a promotion, my mate in question is doing the same thing so obviously not seeing much of eachother at the moment only when they can.
    Now this where it gets complicated, one of the managers has been sending suggestive texts to his girlfriend about trying to get with her, obviously he is raging and apart from tryin to calm the guy down and tell him not to knock ten bells out the manager, i was wondering if theres any rules around the workplace about managers trying it on with staff knowing they are involved, he also knows that the manager in question has a bit of a coke habit and his girlfriend is sayin she wants space and the rumours from her work is that he is pumpin her.

You're mate is probably fighting a losing battle here. If he were to do something to this guy by himself it would probably force her into his arms, so to speak.

I would suggest he plays it cool and see how things develop. In the meantime find out about him...where he lives, drinks etc..
    If it goes pear-shaped then get together and sort him out when he least suspects it. He's taken a liberty by doing this knowing this girl is attatched.
    You shouldn't feel guilty about it because he has shafted your mate big time...and if he's stupid and arrogant enough to think there's no comeback then that's his problem. That's what happens when you stick your fingers in other mens pies.

He'll get over it and by doing this...anonymously if possible...will make him feel better knowing he has at least handed out some sort of payback.

Sorry if it's a little bit basic but that's life.

She sounds like a right one, time for a straight red card me thinks.

Tell your mate to get hold of her phone and take down some of her fit mates numbers. Send off a text to them seeing if any of them fancy a drink, that would piss her off

What you have said on this thread looks liks she has having a bit with the boss.

PS - I met my GF at work however she no longer works there and all my bosses are women :-)
    Last edited by HH81; 04-04-2010 at 08:07 AM.

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: franck sauzee
    My advice in any situation like this is always the same. Punch him. Punch him right in the ear.

Also, *****e in a box and fling it at him. Do this after you've punched him. Under no circumstances should you attempt to punch a *****ty ear.
    Follow the Hibs podcast, Longbangers, on Twitter (@longbangers)
    https://longbangers.hubwave.net

Quote Originally Posted by matty_fairnie View Post
    My advice in any situation like this is always the same. Punch him. Punch him right in the ear.

Also, *****e in a box and fling it at him. Do this after you've punched him. Under no circumstances should you attempt to punch a *****ty ear.
    Well aye thats what he is thinking, but me having the sensible hat on i dont want him to get in trouble with work so hence why i was wondering if he could do something legitimate and through the proper channels

If it was a case of he didnt work for the same company id tell him to go for it and knock 7 shades out of him

@hibs.net private member the_ginger_hibee's Avatar
    Well, I suppose official channels it is then.

Maybe ask for some time off due to stress, cite the reasons of boss pumping bird say the boss is using his superiority against your mate - threatening with job etc. so he's helpless and severely stressed. Or put in an official complaint for boss's conduct.

If stuff like that doesn't work and your mate wants to keep his job he'll only be left with ditching the bird.

Quote Originally Posted by the_ginger_hibee View Post
    Well, I suppose official channels it is then.

Maybe ask for some time off due to stress, cite the reasons of boss pumping bird say the boss is using his superiority against your mate - threatening with job etc. so he's helpless and severely stressed. Or put in an official complaint for boss's conduct.

If stuff like that doesn't work and your mate wants to keep his job he'll only be left with ditching the bird.
    Aye he has been stressed, got signed off work and basically through the towel in with his promotion chances think it was a case of him being bitter about all that happened and blamed work.
    Daft i know but love sick puppies are never rational

@hibs.net private member Sean1875's Avatar
    Surely if your gonna get something done through the official channels youd need proof of actual pumpings going on rather than just rumours?
    Otherwise they can just dismiss whats going on as harmless rumours.

Quote Originally Posted by 1875-Sean-1875 View Post
    Surely if your gonna get something done through the official channels youd need proof of actual pumpings going on rather than just rumours?
    Otherwise they can just dismiss whats going on as harmless rumours.

Plot thickens the boy has just been kicked to the curb and guess who she is seeing now......women

Left by mutual consent!
    Plot thickens the boy has just been kicked to the curb and guess who she is seeing now......women

Chib him.

Are you writing a book ?

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by happyhibbie View Post
    Are you writing a book ?

Left by mutual consent!
    Man keep us updated with this story and what happens... I like this kind of stuff...
    p.s if your mates wanting the boy done in I ken a couple of brass monkeys that will willingly do it for a score bag..

Quote Originally Posted by happyhibbie View Post
    Are you writing a book ?
    Although it is my mate its kinda keeping me amused its like a soap opera

Bad i know

@hibs.net private member Hibbyradge's Avatar
    She's seeing women now?
    Buy nothing online unless you check for free cashback here first. I've already earned £2,389.68!

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibbyradge View Post
    She's seeing women now?
    Get some pics of this ****

Coaching Staff
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Myjo5984 Wii Code: 3916 0145 9394 9493
    tell your mate to get in there and pump the boss now the bint is a lebo......that'll get him a promotion

This is an episode for Jeremy Kyle.

"And today our guest's gf has been having it off with her boss....and NOW she's a LESBIAN!?!?! That's today on the Jeremy Kyle Show"

He'd get the expert help of Graham too so I think he should give the show a call